Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It is called a Preacher.

Precisely my point.
One maybe Two hours per week, one hears, and then must determine IF the the speaker is Trustworthy. You just admitted, you don't always agree. And How long does one invest of their time, to determine to Trust another?

I also did research on the difference between people who Own a Bible, and Acutally Read a Bible. The Reading part is a huge fail. I pretty much concluded, FEW actually VERIFY what they hear....(be it scripture or a headline or news or gossip, etc.)

More so I think it keeps people "parroting" things they are not sure is true, and have very little understanding of the knowledge.

Personally, I prefer the Source. Just saying; I Trust...He knows the intent and understanding of His OWN Word, above any created thing.

God Bless,
Taken

I agree with much of what you say. I went to two different churches so I don't really fall into any of your categories. I studied a lot and read the N.T. and it seems to me that I've come to the truth.

Of course we can disagree, but at least my faith is based on my understanding.

So here's a question for you:
Someone goes to a church all their life, never read the bible, and "parrot", as you said. But they're doing their best.

Are they saved?

I often wonder about this because I have friends like this.
I'll also give you my opinion, based on scripture of course.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
boy, guess there's no way He could have been a Christian then, huh lol
this is not very satisfying either though, is it. more rungs on that ladder, prolly

Bbyrd009 ~ GodsGrace ~

Jesus came to earth WITHOUT His "reputation".

Jesus came to earth "in the likeness as a man" (as GodsGrace said)

b-009 you should have notice Jesus' "reputation" being revealed...and What His "reputation" IS.

There is no reason to attempt to "TAG" Jesus with calling Him a Christian.

A Christian is a man WHO is following of the Word of God, and is Believing that Word he IS following.

Christ Jesus, DID not FOLLOW HIMSELF!

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ah, the comment was about Christians, not Christ lol, sorry
Jesus would not send a devil to preach.
ha, i dunno, if He picked "satan" himself to run the Roman Catholic church, who knows, really lol

i'd suggest that a statement is made in the Emissary of God "choosing all 12 of them; yet one is a devil," and that this is even a recurring theme; if anyone cared

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know what Applies to me and understand why.

I also know what Does NOT Apply to me and understand why.

Acts is how you get saved & the epistles is how you stay saved. It's not enough to have exhilaration, you have to have instruction.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand you Taken. But I don't agree.
I've never heard of this concept that you expound.

Perhaps you can share your own personal experience.

Can you remember your age of the first time you heard of Jesus? From Who you heard?
And if you believed what you were hearing?
What age were you?

And do you recall your age when your were saved?
What age were you?

Jesus would not send a devil to preach.

Jesus sent a believer and then reveal he was a devil.

This is logical and common sense reasoning.

Precisely. Logic and Common sense serves well for the Mind. And it is Spiritual things that serves well for understanding spiritual things.

Judas knew himself as a believer and follower.
Jesus sent Judas as a believer and follower.

Our faith is a faith of reason.

No. Our faith is a Gift from God.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with much of what you say. I went to two different churches so I don't really fall into any of your categories. I studied a lot and read the N.T. and it seems to me that I've come to the truth.

Of course we can disagree, but at least my faith is based on my understanding.

We differ. My faith is a gift from God. And Gods Understanding is the basis for my Understanding.

So here's a question for you:
Someone goes to a church all their life, never read the bible, and "parrot", as you said. But they're doing their best.

Are they saved?

Not based on the information you provided.

Salvation is not based on going to Church, or repeating what another says or one doing their best.

Salvation IS based on one who believes in their heart, and vowing their Belief to the Lord.

I often wonder about this because I have friends like this.

I'll also give you my opinion, based on scripture of course.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, the comment was about Christians, not Christ lol, sorry

ha, i dunno, if He picked "satan" himself to run the Roman Catholic church, who knows, really lol

i'd suggest that a statement is made in the Emissary of God "choosing all 12 of them; yet one is a devil," and that this is even a recurring theme; if anyone cared

Surely you are aware men choose the long successive line of the Popes?? Eh?

And the revelation of "satan" himself in the likeness as a man shall be a political world leader?

And the other guy, ie the False Prophet, is "satan's" cohort?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts is how you get saved & the epistles is how you stay saved. It's not enough to have exhilaration, you have to have instruction.

Um, By the Lord's Power is how one Becomes Saved, and By the Lord's Power is how one Remains Saved.

Instruction on HOW TO Becomes Saved, is absolutely taught in Scripture to which I have not said otherwise.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Surely you are aware men choose the long successive line of the Popes?
1Let everyone submit to the governing authorities, since there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are instituted by God.

missed the point on the rest, sorry

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Let everyone submit to the governing authorities, since there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are instituted by God.

Uh huh.

Let everyone submit to the "governing authorities"....

What "governing authorities'? The precise ones, one submits to.

Which is to say....there ARE governing authorities; that exist are and are ALL instituted by God.

Thus WHEN one submits to JOINING up with the Roman Catholics, "THE" individual has chosen to join up with the Roman Catholics, and should therefore SUBMIT to the governing authorities OF the Roman Catholic Church.

It's called JURISDICTION. When an individual decides to BE within a jurisdiction, they ARE to thereafter SUBMIT to the "governing authorities.

In the US, IF one does not agree with, or like the governing authorities of MAINE, they can move to a different Sate, that has different Laws, and different "governing authorities".

The same with a religious aspect. If one want to be a Baptist, and participate in a particular Church, that Church has governing authorities, that the Church participant is supposed to submit to such governing authority.

It is one's own responsibility to take notice if the "governing authorities" are inline with the Word of God.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Uh huh.

Let everyone submit to the "governing authorities"....

What "governing authorities'? The precise ones, one submits to.

Which is to say....there ARE governing authorities; that exist are and are ALL instituted by God.

Thus WHEN one submits to JOINING up with the Roman Catholics, "THE" individual has chosen to join up with the Roman Catholics, and should therefore SUBMIT to the governing authorities OF the Roman Catholic Church.

It's called JURISDICTION. When an individual decides to BE within a jurisdiction, they ARE to thereafter SUBMIT to the "governing authorities.

In the US, IF one does not agree with, or like the governing authorities of MAINE, they can move to a different Sate, that has different Laws, and different "governing authorities".

The same with a religious aspect. If one want to be a Baptist, and participate in a particular Church, that Church has governing authorities, that the Church participant is supposed to submit to such governing authority.

It is one's own responsibility to take notice if the "governing authorities" are inline with the Word of God.

God Bless,
Taken
nice! seems weird that God would be responsible for putting an authority in place, and that the same authority might not be "inline with the Word," but there it is. Might give one pause at being considered "chosen" maybe though, huh lol

Something bugging me about the Maine reference...but it would be too distracting here i guess

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice! seems weird that God would be responsible for putting an authority in place, and that the same authority might not be "inline with the Word," but there it is. Might give one pause at being considered "chosen" maybe though, huh lol

It's about individuals making CHOICES.
IF your only choice was Good, and Holy...
Well then, how could you be measured in genuine love toward God?

If you spouse was programmed with ONLY love FOR you and had no other choices...
How would you measure her love as genuine?

Something bugging me about the Maine reference...but it would be too distracting here i guess

Same applies to any of the States. Maine had no particular meaning, except it be one of the States.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What and you think JEsus didnt know.... Jesus knew full well what Judas was going to do, yet He still picked him, God knew long even before that, Judas never had the truth in Him he was already given over, satan just did as he was allowed .
Then, you believe that Judas, who had NO truth (Jesus) in Him cast out demons by his OWN power??
You believe that LOST people can cast out demons and heal the sick in Christ's name??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It's about individuals making CHOICES.
strikes me as anything but lol--God making choices, or even nations making choices would seem to be a better fit there.
Individuals making choices i would approach more in the context of the State ref, which i was aware that Maine was just an example, yes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
strikes me as anything but lol--God making choices, or even nations making choices would seem to be a better fit there.
Individuals making choices i would approach more in the context of the State ref, which i was aware that Maine was just an example, yes.

I consider the whole big picture. I am not responsible for what the authorities of a Nation, a State, a Club, a group decides.
I can agree, disagree, go along and participate or reject.
I am responsible for my own person, regarding what I subject myself to.

What I AM going to choose and do, is not a Secret to God, "as if", He is waiting and wondering to see.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I consider the whole big picture.
lol

sry, but you gotta understand how this sounds in light of the knowledge that none of us can even determine where >95% of Creation even is; our current term for it is "dark matter."

But at least i know you're a male now lol

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if what you guys say was true, then Judas would have had no remorse, i guess. You might reload, and try again!

Mjrhealth was correct.
BreadO-L in error.

Judas did not have The TRUTH IN Him.
Which is to say, the Spirit of Truth was Not Indwelling.
As it was NOT in any of the Disciples when they were sent out.
The Truth was WITH them, but NOT Spiritually indwelling WITHIN them.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Mjrhealth was correct.
BreadO-L in error.

Judas did not have The TRUTH IN Him.
Which is to say, the Spirit of Truth was Not Indwelling.
As it was NOT in any of the Disciples when they were sent out.
The Truth was WITH them, but NOT Spiritually indwelling WITHIN them.

God Bless,
Taken
"this is that
and that is this."

do you know what "determinism" means, Taken?
which is hard to post without sounding condescending i guess, sry lol. i just mean are you fam with the concept at all

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

sry, but you gotta understand how this sounds in light of the knowledge that none of us can even determine where >95% of Creation even is; our current term for it is "dark matter."

But at least i know you're a male now lol

I don't have to know WHERE 95% of creation IS, to decide what to subject myself to.
If I want to live in China, or Russia, or wherever; there are governing authorities, that it is my responsibility to Know what they are, and require.

God Bless,
Taken