Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Those that believe "once saved always saved" is true (16.67%)

• Those that believe "once saved always saved" is a false docterine. (50%)

• Not sure. (33.33%)
Hi,

What is your source for this poll?

Respectfully, Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure anymore where I found it.
It came from a Christian internet site.
Thank you for your honesty.

The only place I can find those numbers (by doing a google search) is from your post.

A similar poll, from many years ago, shows slightly different numbers however it has no details of how many people participated in the poll and their religious beliefs: Once saved always saved is a false doctrine..

Other polls vary GREATLY and have limited number of voters.

Mary

Reactions: Triumph1300

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL:
Well it was unavoidable. I did another analysis and you are found not to be a reasonable person.
I'm sorry you cannot decipher scripture at all, and will not listen to or consider anyone's view but your own.

Comments like "something that is no good is all bad," and "the text in red is a giant contradiction," and your consistent and ignorant lack of understanding of faith, only comes from a child having a tantrum that needs attention and love.

Are you trying to somehow shout me down. Well its not working. You have 'no clothes' as I said before.
It must be lonely for you on the walls of Catholicism, trying to defend a castle of worn-out pagan ideas.

Yes, you can try and shield yourself, only temporarily, by throwing out dozens of scriptures back in my face each time I breach your walls, to keep me busy as you think. And it's a shame you do not even understand what you are 'throwing out.' I believe some one might call this sheer ignorance or blindness.

Stop kidding yourself and start to learn the word of God with the assistance of others on this board and on this site.
One of these days you will come down off the wall next to your lofty tower.

Bless you,

APAK
Well, first of all - if you are offended by my use of Scripture to defend my position - then why don't you try to debunk those verses as a stand against OSAS. You make all of these moronic claims about OSAS and you expect me to simply drink the Kool-Aid as YOU have without Scriptural evidence for your claims.
That's pretty arrogant of you - and it ain't gonna happen . . .

As to your idiotic remark above in RED - instead of simply claiming that the Church is "pagan" as most ignorant anti-Catholics do - why don't you PROVE it? That's a little harder . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus PAID the Redemptive PRICE...
But No, not All ACCEPT Jesus having Paid the price of Redemption for them.
Ummmmm, that's what I said.
Please pay attention.
What is this "cooperation" you speak of?
Expound what you precisely mean.

God Bless,
Taken
The SAME cooperation that is spoken of in Scripture.
We have a FREE will. We are not God's robots and have been given the ability to choose which way we will go.

1 Tim. 2:3-4 tells us that it is the will of God that ALL people be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.
Will ALL be saved? NOT according to Jesus - because NOT all are willing to cooperate with God's grace.
Is God's will ALWAYS done on earth? NOT according to Scripture - because NOT all are willing to cooperate with God's grace.

Jesus cried out against the people of Jerusalem:
Matt. 23:37

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were NOT WILLING.

They did not cooperate with God's grace.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is full of verses of men, called fathers, that men were biologically descended from.

Scripture is full of verses of men, called fathers, that were the head of their families, their tribes, the people they were responsible for.
Scripture is full of verses of men, called faithful, and called Gods people.
Where are the Scriptures that teach....??

What man walks on the earth, Scripture calls the HOLY FATHER ?
What man walks on the earth, Scripture says to bow down to men in piety to them?
Is it not a fact, the Catholics, call their elected Pope, their HOLY FATHER, and bow down to him in piety TO him?

God Bless,
Taken
So, it's the bowing that concerns you??

Were you "concerned" when Jacob bowed his head down to the ground to his brother Esau (Gen. 33:3)??
How about when Solomon bowed to the ground when his mother entered the room when he made a throne for her (1 Kings 2:19)??
How about when a young man who is in love gets down on his knees to propose marriage to his girlfriend?
Did these instances concern you?

Catholics aren't allowed to show love and respect for the Pope like Jacob and Solomon and that young man??

As for "Holy Father" - my dad was a Holy Father. Is it sinful or idolatrous of me to say that??
Or am I just recognizing his godliness??

Finally - the Pope doesn't "demand" that anybody bow before him. This is a practice of love, respect and endearment - NOT an order. I suggest you research your posts a little better . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, it's the bowing that concerns you??

Were you "concerned" when Jacob bowed his head down to the ground to his brother Esau (Gen. 33:3)??
How about when Solomon bowed to the ground when his mother entered the room when he made a throne for her (1 Kings 2:19)??
How about when a young man who is in love gets down on his knees to propose marriage to his girlfriend?
Did these instances concern you?

Catholics aren't allowed to show love and respect for the Pope like Jacob and Solomon and that young man??

As for "Holy Father" - my dad was a Holy Father. Is it sinful or idolatrous of me to say that??
Or am I just recognizing his godliness??

Finally - the Pope doesn't "demand" that anybody bow before him. This is a practice of love, respect and endearment - NOT an order. I suggest you research your posts a little better . . .
If I meet him him, am I allowed to say, "Hello Mr. Pope"?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I meet him him, am I allowed to say, "Hello Mr. Pope"?

You can say whatever you want to whomever you want.

It's a wonderful time when you sit down around the table for dinner and discuss some threads on this forum.
No matter where you are, it gives the semblance of normalcy to a crazy world.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, that's what I said.
Please pay attention.

The SAME cooperation that is spoken of in Scripture.
We have a FREE will. We are not God's robots and have been given the ability to choose which way we will go.

1 Tim. 2:3-4 tells us that it is the will of God that ALL people be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.
Will ALL be saved? NOT according to Jesus - because NOT all are willing to cooperate with God's grace.
Is God's will ALWAYS done on earth? NOT according to Scripture - because NOT all are willing to cooperate with God's grace.

Jesus cried out against the people of Jerusalem:
Matt. 23:37

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were NOT WILLING.

They did not cooperate with God's grace.

Drum rollllll ~

And? If a man does not choose the Lord....

?????????

Does he lose his Salvation?

God Bless,
Taken