Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can only "lose" what you have.
If a man is saved and chooses to walk away from God and dies - then he has lost his salvation.

Not that difficult to understand . . .

Thank you for sharing your MINDFUL understanding, that was so easy for you to MINFULLY comprehend.

Too bad you were not taught;

Rom 8:7
...the carnal mind is enmity against God...

1 Cor 2:14
...the natural man receiveth NOT the things of the Spirit of God.

2 Tim 2: 7
Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee Understanding.

John 6:51
The Lord Jesus came to give His Flesh for the Life of the World.

Rom 5:8
God demonstrated HIS LOVE FOR ALL MEN.
BY Giving Jesus' Body and Blood for ALL MEN, YET while they were sinners.

You confuse WHAT the Lord PROVIDES to ALL; "as if" .... what is PROVIDED ALL have RECEIVED.

The Provision of Salvation is Provided to ALL;

You neglect to comprehend:
1) Not ALL ACCEPT the Lords Provision of Salvation.
2) Men who DO NOT ACCEPT the Lords Provision of Salvation; LOSE the Salvation that was Provided by the Lord.

The Provision of Salvation is a Spiritual Provision ALREADY accomplished and for Every man to receive.

The man WHO neglects to RECEIVE the provision Provided for him...LOSES his so provided Salvation.

Once a man RECEIVES his Salvation. It is permanent; as the Lord is Faithful, His Word is Truth; Forever means forever.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I stated earlier - my Dad was a very holy man. That would make HIM a holy Father.

You don't have to be God to be holy.
We are ALL called to be holy - over and over in Scripture.

NOT sure why you can't understand this point . . .

You speak the understanding of your MIND.

Spiritual things require the understanding of GOD.

You want to call your Dad your holy father, have at it.

However the Lord God Almighty, is thee ONLY HOLY FATHER, above all.

God Bless,
Taken

B

brakelite

I think it would be great if all individuals heard and read the Scriptures and discovered
Salvation is about the Lord Saving an Individual's SOUL, who have Heartfully Submitted to Him, and that Once submitted, He Saves their Soul Forever.
And stop preaching the Lords Power is moot, and He be a Liar.

God Bless,
Taken
I understand the power of God to the saving of the soul. Eternal security, as the concept is worded, is sure. But it is not unconditional. We do not surrender ourselves to our Saviour in order to lose our self determination. We can I believe, in moments of weakness selfishness, choose to live once again according to the lusts of this world. We can return to the vomit we once discarded...that is not to say that the Lord would make it easy. His love and grace and mercy will follow us, will keep knocking at that door, keep pleading with us to repent. I know. I've been there. After years of faithfully attending Pentecostal churches, circumstance and self combined that resulted in me once again returning to growing weed and selling. At that time I was working and living in 20,000 acres of native forest as a park ranger. I used to sit on a ridge with my mate overlooking a vast valley with a lake in the bottom, forest all around, share a joint and talk about end-times...or at least our befuddled idea of the days in which we lived and the second coming. The fact that I was still thinking on these things was evidence I was not completely given over to the world...the Lord had not abandoned me as He promised He wouldn't....but no way could I have ever been accepted into the joys and fellowship of heavenly beings while in that state of character and mind. I needed to repent. And praise God, a year or so later, I did. That was 20 years ago...I am not going back there, but I constantly need to surrender and trust and rely without ceasing on my Saviours power and promises to remain faithful. I know and understand the weakness of the flesh and where it leads.
And please, don't anyone claim I wasn't saved before.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not "anti-Protestant".
NINE of my TWELVE siblings are Protestants and I love them dearly.

MOST of them aren't anti-Catholic, either.

I like-wised back to you. In your wisdom, YOU have decided people who do not agree with you on your Catholic beliefs, are Anti-Catholic.....

Not one person has proclaimed for themselves, THEY are anti-Catholic, YOU DID.

So in your wisdom - I Like-WISED back to You... IF you think people who do not Agree with your Catholic belief....LIKE-WISE...according to your wisdom...if you disagree with Protestants beliefs, you would be; anti-Protestant.

I am well aware, of many Catholics using the term "anti-Catholic"...when Protestants themselves are claiming no such thing.

Just saying ~ you might want to think before using little cliche's such as "anti-Catholic", when a Protestant disagrees with your Catholic position.....because the fact is...
At the same time, the Catholic is disagreeing with the Protestant, thus making themselves, anti-Protestant.

It you are not anti-Protestant....then don't call others anti-Catholic.....because the door swings both ways.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the power of God to the saving of the soul. Eternal security, as the concept is worded, is sure. But it is not unconditional.

IS eternal?
BUT is NOT?

No.

We can I believe, in moments of weakness selfishness, choose to live once again according to the lusts of this world.

And so you are weak, you smoke a joint, so what?

Did you STOP Believing in the Lord?

Hummm, let me guess....NO!
That is BECAUSE a man Saved and Born Again.....CAN NOT EVER, Not believe.

We can return to the vomit we once discarded...

A man WHO returns to his vomit...is:
A man who is being enlightened, by the Word of God, receiving Faith from God, FOR the man hearing the Word of God.
Hearing is a beginning; not a Soul Saving.

If such man NEVER decides to receive his Salvation, absolutely, he can stop Hearing, stop receiving Faith AND return to stop being enlightened, thus returning to his vomit...which IS, choosing to live in his SIN, never having received Forgiveness or Salvation.

His love and grace and mercy will follow us, will keep knocking at that door, keep pleading with us to repent.

He is not the one who KNOCKS. He IS the DOOR. No, He will not keep asking you to repent for what He has already FORGIVEN.

I know. I've been there. After years of faithfully attending Pentecostal churches, circumstance and self combined that resulted in me once again returning to growing weed and selling.

Churches DO NOT SAVE people's souls.
Growing, selling, smoking week, IS NOTHING the Lord forgave you WHEN He forgave your soul, and Forgave you, and Cleansed you of all your sin.

At that time I was working and living in 20,000 acres of native forest as a park ranger. I used to sit on a ridge with my mate overlooking a vast valley with a lake in the bottom, forest all around, share a joint and talk about end-times...

Smoking weed, and talking about Scripture...would HOW, be objective to God?

or at least our befuddled idea of the days in which we lived and the second coming. The fact that I was still thinking on these things was evidence I was not completely given over to the world...

To the word? Not world?
To the word? I disagree.

the Lord had not abandoned me as He promised He wouldn't...

Correct.

You are attempting to UNDO, what you just proclaimed. "The Lord has not abandoned you".

no way could I have ever been accepted into the joys and fellowship of heavenly beings while in that state of character and mind.

You confuse Gods Saving Grace, with works.
If you are Saved, you ARE Saved. Your Salvation is never in jeopardy.

If you are doing works that glorify God, He shall bless you and reward you.

If you are not doing works that glorify God, He shall NOT bless you or reward you.

I needed to repent.

If you were Saved, the Lord ALREADY forgave ALL of your SINS.

And praise God, a year or so later, I did.

Sounds more like you decided to start serving the Lord in a manner you believe Glorifies God.

That was 20 years ago...I am not going back there, but I constantly need to surrender and trust and rely without ceasing on my Saviours power and promises to remain faithful. I know and understand the weakness of the flesh and where it leads.

Good.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Soooo - you're just being hypocritical.
A man can bow and kneel before his mother, girlfriend or brother - but not his church leader??

NO need to expose you here since you've done such a great job of it yourself . . .

BOL
Why on earth do you bother?
Why, year after year do you let what you believe be laid out for argument and mockery ?
Why don't you just believe what you believe and enjoy it...rather than trying to convince people who will never agree with you, or believe what you believe?

Bless you...H

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL
Why on earth do you bother?
Why, year after year do you let what you believe be laid out for argument and mockery ?
Why don't you just believe what you believe and enjoy it...rather than trying to convince people who will never agree with you, or believe what you believe?

Bless you...H
I don't argue the point for fun - even though sometimes it's a real hoot.

As I've said many times - I am here to expose lies and myths about the Catholic Church - which are FAR more prevalent than lies and myths about ANY other group. There are a LOT of people who come to these forums seeking the truth and it would be a shame to simply allow these moronic attacks to go unexposed.

When I was younger and much more uneducated about my faith - I watched as my siblings were seduced out of the Church one by one - by the SAME lies and fairy tales that I am now equipped to answer. I hate to see that happen - even to total strangers.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your MINDFUL understanding, that was so easy for you to MINFULLY comprehend.

Too bad you were not taught;

Rom 8:7
...the carnal mind is enmity against God...

1 Cor 2:14
...the natural man receiveth NOT the things of the Spirit of God.

2 Tim 2: 7
Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee Understanding.

John 6:51
The Lord Jesus came to give His Flesh for the Life of the World.

Rom 5:8
God demonstrated HIS LOVE FOR ALL MEN.
BY Giving Jesus' Body and Blood for ALL MEN, YET while they were sinners.

You confuse WHAT the Lord PROVIDES to ALL; "as if" .... what is PROVIDED ALL have RECEIVED.

The Provision of Salvation is Provided to ALL;
1) Not ALL ACCEPT the Lords Provision of Salvation.
2) Men who DO NOT ACCEPT the Lords Provision of Salvation; LOSE the Salvation that was Provided by the Lord.

The Provision of Salvation is a Spiritual Provision ALREADY accomplished and for Every man to receive.

The man WHO neglects to RECEIVE the provision Provided for him...LOSES his so provided Salvation.
Once a man RECEIVES his Salvation. It is permanent; as the Lord is Faithful, His Word is Truth; Forever means forever.

God Bless,
Taken
The first 2 verses above in RED speak PRECISELY to why YOU and many others can't understand or accept Transubstatiation.

As for the rest of your rant - I have been BEGGING you guys for Scriptural proof that you can't lose your salvation - and you have all failed to provide any. Instead, you play the denial game even in the fqct of the dozen or so passages that I provided which say that you CAN lose your salvation.

STILL waiting . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jumping up and down in mock indignation is not a very effective way of putting across your argument. All I see is a childish tantrum. You are right about one thing though. I was raised on kool-aid. The first 24 years of my life Roman Catholic.
My points are not pathetically ignorant. They are a true reflection of a history that is hidden from Catholics. When they are told of it from outside their faith communion, they go on auto pilot exhibiting all manner of shock and disbelief. Then fear. Fear, because if true, they would have to reconsider their position. That is untenable, because for a Catholic, whose sense of salvation is intimately linked to their faith in the infallible holy father and their infallible holy mother, the church, any thought or consideration outside of that paradigm means inevitable loss of salvation. While you say that Protestants are saved because they have been baptised etc, you do not really mean that, because your own dogmatic doctrines, infallibly spoken of by a succession of popes over centuries, clearly declare that only in the RCC is there to be found salvation.
No - your points ARE pathetic because, as a typically ignorant anti-Catholic - you spew the rhetoric without any historical proof. In short - you don't give any - because there isn't any.

As for your having been a Catholic for 24 years - the ONLY thing that is obvious is that you left out of ignorance of the faith. I don't know of ONE Catholic who left for any pother reason - and that includes 9 of my 12 siblings.

It's EASY to spread the lies - but it's an entirely different kettle of fish when it comes to proving them . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first 2 verses above in RED speak PRECISELY to why YOU and many others can't understand or accept Transubstatiation.

LOL ~ Could you keep your deflections and silly claims down to two syllable words or less....

As for the rest of your rant - I have been BEGGING you guys for Scriptural proof that you can't lose your salvation

Well um, Why? You've been given repeated "rants", and can't figure it out yet.

Nor have you provided any Scriptural proof that once Salvation was received, the Lord lied and he didn't mean forever.

and you have all failed to provide any.

I'd like to take the credit for your failed comprehension but I'm just not that talented to understand it for you.

Instead, you play the denial game even in the fqct of the dozen or so passages that I provided which say that you CAN lose your salvation.

And was your mind on hiatus when that was specifically addressed?

waiting . . .

Wait some more, or scroll back and read the rants and phone a friend to explain it to you.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has Salvation for everyone.

Want it? Ask the Lord for it.

Don't want it? Don't ask the Lord for it....
And LOSE IT.

Want it? Ask the Lord for it.

And He shall give it to you ONCE and FOREVER!

Less like some people....who DO NOT TRUST the Lord's Word of Forever is TRUE and He Faithful. :(

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can only "lose" what you have.
If a man is saved and chooses to walk away from God and dies - then he has lost his salvation.

Not that difficult to understand . . .

Seems for some, a man holds the Power over Salvation...

Weird.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: mjrhealth and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the power of God to the saving of the soul. Eternal security, as the concept is worded, is sure. But it is not unconditional. We do not surrender ourselves to our Saviour in order to lose our self determination. We can I believe, in moments of weakness selfishness, choose to live once again according to the lusts of this world. We can return to the vomit we once discarded...that is not to say that the Lord would make it easy. His love and grace and mercy will follow us, will keep knocking at that door, keep pleading with us to repent. I know. I've been there. After years of faithfully attending Pentecostal churches, circumstance and self combined that resulted in me once again returning to growing weed and selling. At that time I was working and living in 20,000 acres of native forest as a park ranger. I used to sit on a ridge with my mate overlooking a vast valley with a lake in the bottom, forest all around, share a joint and talk about end-times...or at least our befuddled idea of the days in which we lived and the second coming. The fact that I was still thinking on these things was evidence I was not completely given over to the world...the Lord had not abandoned me as He promised He wouldn't....but no way could I have ever been accepted into the joys and fellowship of heavenly beings while in that state of character and mind. I needed to repent. And praise God, a year or so later, I did. That was 20 years ago...I am not going back there, but I constantly need to surrender and trust and rely without ceasing on my Saviours power and promises to remain faithful. I know and understand the weakness of the flesh and where it leads.

Brakelite:

Brother, I want to say with 100% confidence you never lost your faith and hope for eternal salvation. Of course, God only knows although my heart wants to say he agrees with me.

I whipped up some lines to share with you (sorry I didn’t add scripture as I usually do, I can do that later at some other time). I was not a great guy aswell about 24 years ago for at least a year. I’m happy you repented of what was haunting you for many years. I repented for years it seemed from my ‘fall.’ Mine was about leaving my entire family, as I thought they were getting very ungrateful. I committed immoral sins in the process. The pressures of the world were closing in on me. I had a pressure-cooker of a working life. I can speak of it later if you want. Anyway, back to the scriptural thoughts of salvation.

True faith involves a commitment to believe in Christ as the Son of God and trust God by living according to his will by his spirit, eventhough we sin, a lot.

Sin and faith are mutually exclusive, as believers have sufficient faith to repent of sin and maintain faith.

Sin and faith are not mutually exclusive if we lose the little faith we first started with or have, and we willfully let it die inside us. Willful sin then ensues without repentance, in defiance of God.

Faith is not counted until the seed in our hearts germinate and sprout new natures. This is the rebirth, the birth of the stem.

The seed that stays hidden will eventually die, and there is no rebirth and no hope of salvation. Yes, we can taste the fruit of the spirit and still reject it. We never were reborn, and the hope of eternal salvation was never realized.

Now ‘falling away’ or being spiritual rebellious into apostacy means that a person’s faith never reached critical mass for rebirth to occur. They never realized the hope salvation. The seed died inside the womb without rebirth.

Once the seed of God germinates within us, our faith is realized, and our rebirth occurs. The hope of eternal salvation is real.

As believers we walk through increasing faith in the spirit in the hope of salvation and we realize it when we are transformed into our new glorious bodies when out Lord and Savior calls us to himself.

I believe that if there is sufficient faith after the rebirth, it is nearly impossible to reject the spirit, kill the new creature entirely, that is within us and therefore lose hope of salvation. ( This is my story and yours?)

The more faith we have the more our salvation is secured.

Therefore, it is vital that a new believer needs to grow and walk in the spirit immediately, as a safeguard and hedge against the loss of faith caused by listening to false teachers and followers, and false spirits. They must be immediately grounded in the word of God and learn to communicate with the spirit as early as possible.

As I matured in Christ during my mid-life I had a heavy bout of sin that lasted for about a year. My faith finally sustained me. I grew even stronger afterwards. The measure of faith to be reborn is critical, although the level of faith for sustainment and the hope of salvation must be even higher.

So, in this context, once saved means always saved, with one significant caveat: having sufficient unwavering faith that keeps the spirit of God active in our lives.

Brother, stay strong in the Lord

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: brakelite

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the power of God to the saving of the soul. Eternal security, as the concept is worded, is sure. But it is not unconditional. We do not surrender ourselves to our Saviour in order to lose our self determination.

Becoming savED, is conditional on ones heartfelt Belief.

Staying savED, is not conditional.

Choosing to become savED, is precisely a Submission of your life, your soul, your spirit, to be forgiven and made WHOLE, by the power of God..........AND KEPT WHOLE, By the Power of God.

Does that make your MIND perfect? No.
Does that make you have some kind of magical transformation of your MIND? No.

The transforming of your MIND is a process...
And IFY, that is YOUR JOB.

And in the mean-time...what?

In the mean time that you are keeping in hearing and learning more about the Word of God....

Your body, soul, spirit IS already made Whole, Wholly acceptable and holy By God and Kept Whole, wholly and holy, By God.

So, why bother to keep hearing and learning?
Learning what?

Learning what things are Good Works unto God. Works that Glorifiy His name. And what is the Result?

Three fold ~

1) you learn how to do works that Glorify God.
2) your mind becomes Transformed to have a mind like Christ.
3) you become Prepared to be a Faithful SERVANT of the Lord.

And? What is the benefit of THAT result?

Scripture tells you.

Your benefit is; God shall bless you and reward you.

Gods benefit is; you have been instrumental in assisting God to overcome the world.

Gods benefit is: Every saved soul and born again spirit becomes His People.

His People ARE GODS INTERITANCE.

Thus you become an instrument of HOW God shall receive HIS INTERITANCE, for which He shall greatly reward you.

We can say, God has Everything, Everything is His.....however, He does not Yet have His INTERITANCE. He will, but the beauty is; men who Love the Lord, are they who effect His inheritance be accomplished.

And in the meantime - between being saved and born again......AND......you transforming your mind....

What...are you sinning?

How is it possible for you to sin, After the Lord has converted you?

A huge lack of understanding according to a mans thinking....and teaching.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, but one might mean dogma, Catholicism, or Catholic, people, i guess

I have never heard NON-Catholics claim that, but have heard plenty of Catholics claim that for non-Catholics.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have never heard NON-Catholics claim that, but have heard plenty of Catholics claim that for non-Catholics.

God Bless,
Taken
i dunno, seems kind of...naive? or something?
Entire countries are thrown into civil war over the matter, Ireland, etc?
which imo is the whole point of mixing cultures, moving boundary stones, so to speak
the last thing a human government wants is a united populace imo
hence the manufactured immigration crises we have today