Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know exactly what I said, which was neither stupid or false.

An I know exactly what YOU attempted to THINK FOR ME and IMPLY I said, which were asinine and false.

You telling me that you disagree with your own thoughts and words...while funny;
is Beyond ignorant.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that??
Why isn't is just as evil coming from a Protestant Pastor??

At the time you posted this; Who said it was or wasn't?

No one.

This is a bizarre position to take.

At the time you posted this; Who said that was their position?

No one.

Why do you repeatedly attempt to argue with other people, claims other people have not made?

That IS bizarre!

B

brakelite

There was a time when there were 3 people all claiming to be Pope...all at once. Associated with their claims were all manner of corruption and threatenings and wicked behaviour. And each protagonist called the other two antichrist. All 3 of them were correct.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I've asked priests...they should know.
well, i guess they are all different too, but fwiw i read exactly the opposite from Scripture, and priests are the last ppl i would go to for that. If you could Quote a passage where listening to a priest was a good idea, that might help. All of the examples that come to mind are of priests basically over-riding their training, seems to me

i get along great with several priests, every one of whom has admitted "i would never say that in church though"

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
well, i guess they are all different too, but fwiw i read exactly the opposite from Scripture, and priests are the last ppl i would go to for that. If you could Quote a passage where listening to a priest was a good idea, that might help. All of the examples that come to mind are of priests basically over-riding their training, seems to me

i get along great with several priests, every one of whom has admitted "i would never say that in church though"
I know. Some of them think things that cannot be said in a church setting. We're taking this too far off topic...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good evening. If you can lose your salvation then His sacrifice is temporary not eternal, no? :rolleyes:
Nope - not at all.
That would be tantamount to saying that when God created Adam and Eve, He failed because they rebelled against Him.

We have a FREE WILL. If we don't cooperate with God's saving grace - we will be lost.
The following passages show us that we CAN lose our salvation:

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot "blot out" a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God "take away" somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

Reactions: GodsGrace

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the time you posted this; Who said it was or wasn't?
No one.

YOU
did.

At the time you posted this; Who said that was their position?
No one.
Why do you repeatedly attempt to argue with other people, claims other people have not made?
That IS bizarre!
YOU did.

Like I said before - thank GOD for online forums because they record everything you write.
You can deny ALL you want but everybody can see that your comments were both ignorant and clueless . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, fear of the Lord too, this relationship should mirror that of a parent and child, beginning in fear and ending in love, just like Scripture tells us
If YOU don't fear God - you don't know Him.
Fear of God is an incredible awe of His infinite power.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a perfect perspective for a child to have, i agree
fear is a fine beginning
there is no fear in love. perfect love drives out fear
And NOBODY on this planet has "perfect love".
That is only a condition of those in Heaven.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And NOBODY on this planet has "perfect love".
That is only a condition of those in Heaven.
so you say, but i'll define where heaven is for myself wadr, with the Spirit's help
you can keep the heaven that is wrapped up like a Christmas present, if you like it; no worries

ps how much did you pay the guy that taught you that?
See, you aren't -mancing until you get paid; until then you are just guessing.
-Mancers get paid

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but i'll define where heaven is for myself wadr, with the Spirit's help
you can keep the heaven that is wrapped up like a Christmas present, if you like it; no worries

ps how much did you pay the guy that taught you that?
See, you aren't -mancing until you get paid; until then you are just guessing.
-Mancers get paid
And I'd like to know how much YOU paid to the guy who taught you that you're already in Heaven.
Jesus said, "My fathers house has many mansions; I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2).

I don't "guess" about salvation.
I trust in the Lord's Word and His Church.