Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They do to non osasers the very thing Paul said not to do in regard to the Israelites. Many of them come across as arrogant, conceited, and cocksure in their faith toward those they consider to not be in the faith.

...you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will certainly notg spare you either. Romans 11:20-21
There is no fear, there is no humility in them. Just haughty and condescending remarks and insults toward those they don't consider knowledgeable enough or spiritual enough to be where they think they are.
That seems to be true with most of the OSASers here. VERY judgmental!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read his post, lol. It reeks of pride and arrogance and condescension. He's constantly looking down on and insulting those who don't agree with his version of Christianity. He plainly says he's free to treat us that way.....because we're wrong and unsaved. He's not hiding this. But I do think he'll find a face saving way to backtrack on his arrogant, conceited attitude and abuse of people here.
Nothing like 'doubling down' . . .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see hypocrisy many places. Are you saying this to justify your speech?
Haven't you been reading the posts of those who say you can believe whatever you want, even nothing at all, and you remain saved? I know what you believe. Why haven't you been telling them that's the sign they were never believers in the first place?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, whatever, your acting like a child here.
Defending God's Holy Word is acting like a child?
Romans 11 is talking about the nation of Israel vs gentiles not induvidual people
Gentiles are not individuals? lol
Glad you agree that those who don't abide in Jesus will be unsaved!
John 15:6 (NKJV)
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
and who does not abide? Those who are lost..
But they were in Christ and didn't abide there! They were saved!
How long will you continue to deny the power of God?
How long will you continue attacking NON OSAS Christians?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in the Bible where a man who is born again ceases to have faith and becomes unborn again.

Quote the passages, point to those words that you think say this, and let's look at them to see if that's what they say.

They don't actually say that.

In Luke 8:12 (the context) it says that those who will believe are saved. Also in Ephesians 2:8-9.

Then, in Luke 8:13, it tells us of those who believe for a while and then fall away.

Now, unless you are going to say that those who fall away continue to have salvation; which is heresy: this means that some people believe and are saved, but then fall away, thus losing their salvation.

Luk 8:12, Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luk 8:13, They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Now, Romans 11:20-22...

Rom 11:20, Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21, For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22, Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Here, we have people who stand by faith (are saved, Ephesians 2:8-9) but do not continue in His goodness and are cut off as the result.

What does "cut off" mean to you?

This passage, make your calling and election sure, it doesn't mean make them certain, to become positive that you are called and elected,

I disagree.

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. So here in the NT we've given a bit more meat, Jesus is Lord, and God raised him from the dead.

If you really are prepared to serve Jesus as your Master, and you really believe He is the risen Lord, God says you are His.

Nothing in either of those passages about OSAS, tongues, Trinity, any of those things.

Confessing that Jesus is the Lord is an affirmation of the Trinity. For there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5); even the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). Yet it is clear from holy scripture that Jesus is distinct from the Father.

The only person who can judge me is God.

you can judge me all you want (anyone) but your judgments are meaningless.

Actually, the saints shall judge the world (1 Corinthians 6:1-2); and therefore our judgments are not meaningless.

Christ doesn’t keep you, you keep yourself.

Even as it is written in 1 John 5:18.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are born again, I see no indication in the Bible that might undo. And many things that tell me it won't.

Having this understanding gives great peace to our hearts. And allows us to fully trust God in whatever He wants to do, no matter what's going on in our lives. And this trust is what will bring us the victory over those things which we think may cause us to be rejected by God.

When we come to understand He won't rejected us because we still do wrong, that is the faith that allows us to stop doing wrong.

Much love!
YaY! I'm saved. I can NEVER be lost even if I'm wrong. What if you're wrong?

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is interesting how osasers tell non osasers they aren't saved. Especially when they say no believer has to keep believing to remain saved. What a contradiction, lol! But, meanwhile, they get a free pass on anything and everything they may possibly think, do, say, or believe.
I wonder if most OSASers are Baptists.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know what a narcissist is, right?
Well, I know the standard meaning that many think of, one who is overly fond of themself. Then there is the personality disorder. I've read up a lot on that.

So I'd say, yes, I do.

Why?

Much love!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to be saved first.

that demands TRUE repentance and TRUE faith in God

not fake repentance and faith in self
You shouldn't be implying I'm not saved. That won't work well on Judgment Day for you.
Matthew 7:1-2 (NKJV)
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven't you been reading the posts of those who say you can believe whatever you want, even nothing at all, and you remain saved? I know what you believe. Why haven't you been telling them that's the sign they were never believers in the first place?
I've been reading lots of posts.

You are asking me why I haven't replied in certain ways to people's posts?

Hardly know what to say here . . .

If you have a more particular question feel free to ask.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he teaches we can stop believing and still be saved I disagree
Careful on this one. I'd be wary of other people characterizing still other people's arguments.

I've read many posts here which do not do justice in presenting a third party view.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 8:12, Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luk 8:13, They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Two "believings", one that results in salvation, one that does not, just like in James.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.