Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

Already covered this.
The caveat .... IF you continue...

Hearing, learning, you receive increased FAITH, to which you Can "DECLARE" belief.

OSAS is a lie!

You continue calling that which you FAIL to UNDERSTAND...a lie.

It's is a SIMPLE "UNDERSTANDING"...
Which eludes you.

SAV-"ED" means HAVING RECEIV-"ED" "CONVERSION".

Conversation with someone who Does NOT KNOW the meaning of the suffix "ED", is something that HAS OCCURRED...
Is pointless.

Converstion with someone who Does NOT KNOW, Gods goodness of Enlightening a man with knowledge and measures faith....
IS NOT A MAN "Becoming CONVERTED"...
Is pointless.

It is pointless to have a conversation which someone who knows NOT the very basics of HOW and WHEN a man is "Converted".

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.” Exodus 20:20

Do not be afraid.......but fear.
so that is what brings me to christ. the fear of sinning?

Ex 19:
10 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes. 11 And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the Lord will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12 You shall set bounds for the people all around, saying, ‘Take heed to yourselves that you do not go up to the mountain or touch its base. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death. 13 Not a hand shall touch him, but he shall surely be stoned or shot with an arrow; whether man or beast, he shall not live.’ When the trumpet sounds long, they shall come near the mountain.”

21 And the Lord said to Moses, “Go down and warn the people, lest they break through to gaze at the Lord, and many of them perish.

24 Then the Lord said to him, “Away! Get down and then come up, you and Aaron with you. But do not let the priests and the people break through to come up to the Lord, lest He break out against them.

18 Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off. 19 Then they said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”

The sin moses spoke of was going near or touching the mountain. Not every day sin.

The people feared because they knew what would happen.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another lie! I judge doctrines! OSASers attack NON OSASers.

Deflection...whinning about ATTACKS. :rolleyes:
Get real...DISAGREEING, is what BOTH SIDES DO!

Salvation- is Scriptural.
Salvation is OFFERED to ALL.
Salvation has been bought and paid for For All
Salvation MUST BE CLAIMED TO Possess it.
Salvation MUST BE CLAIMED....
(ACCORDING TO the PRECISE ORDER and WAY God Himself ESTABLISHED!!!!)

Jesus PAID for EVERY MANS SALVATION.
IF YOU DO NOT OBEY the ORDER and WAY,
TO CLAIM YOUR SALVATION....
DUH...you DON"T RECEIVE your SALVATION!

DUH...IF YOU DON"T RECEIVE YOUR SALVATION....
YOU HAVE LOST "YOUR" SALVATION!!!

Whoops...did you already FORGET...Salvation is "yours".... ???
But you MUST claim it!

Gods GOODNESS...is OF God.
YOUR ACTION...is OF you.

Did YOU CLAIM YOUR Salvation....
ACCORDING TO GODS ORDER AND WAY?

HUH? DID YOU?
And "IF YOU DID"....
WHAT was "YOUR" PRECISE order and way of CLAIMING "YOUR" SALVATION?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire." Matthew 18:8

good point. Yet Matthew 15:30-32 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them: [31] Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel. [32] Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.

Matthew 18:3-6 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. [4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. [5] And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. [6] But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

so what do you hear in the verse you quoted. Is it better for a part of the body to be cut off; a foot, a hand, an eye plucked out ...then is not the body tempered together not maimed?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me try again: "I would like to discuss why OSASers judge NON OSASers as unsaved."

The Lord God OFFERS Salvation to ALL.
The Lord Gods KNOWLEDGE is in Scripture,
...and notifies all men EXACTLY HOW TO CLAIM their SALVATION.

ONCE a man CLAIMS his SALVATION...
ACCORDING TO...Gods WAY
That mans Salvation IS HIS FOR EVER.

The Lord God JUDGES ALL MEN.
The Scriptures TEACH the KNOWLEDGE...
That men WHO HAVE NOT RECEIVED their SALVATION ...
ACCORDING TO...Gods WAY
have Lost their Salvation (BY NOT ACCEPTING IT!!!)
AND HE WILL JUDGE THEM "UNSAVED"!

You are having a deflective hissy fit...
People who believe IN OSAS...AGREE WITH SCRIPTURE, AGREE with Gods Word...
A man WITHOUT having RECEIVED his Salvation...
IS UNSAVED!
DUH!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That's called continuing in faith. You have to continue to trust Christ to keep you saved.

No, you have to be born again, to "continue" to be In Christ.
The Devil has faith that Jesus is God, and that Jesus is the Savior, and it didnt help him a bit.
It wont help you to trust in faith keep from going to Hell.
Believe it.
So, get your faith in CHRIST to keep you saved, and off of yourself.
When you finally figure this out, you have started your journey within the Grace of God.
But not until.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Being cleansed by the blood of Jesus is a continual process according to the Greek verb tense in 1 John 1:7...

The only thing that is clear is that is that there is nothing more ignorant than a person, who can't speak a word of Greek, trying to present themselves as the authority of Greek Texts.
Stop doing this, as this is just so offensive to God.
And following that, learn to Trust in Christ alone, to keep you saved, and stop trying to convince real born again people that they are to trust in themselves and their self effort to stay saved.

Reactions: HisLife

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire." Matthew 18:8

see that leaves open so many (unanswered) questions for me. Like what body were they cut off from? A hand? An eye plucked? What body is maimed, lame, crippled where he said the lame leap, the crippled healed, the blind see? See it is said to be way off in the future yet he tells of those branches cut off and also of those branches being able to be joined back in again with a warning not to boast against what which was cut off ...
Romans 11:18-23 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. [19] Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. [20] Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: [21] For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. [22] Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. [23] And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

added back in, returned to the body of Christ? Who is the root?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and the beat goes on....and on....and ON.
very similar to the song that never ends... it goes on and on and then...

Sorry you feel that way! But did you know there are Scripture verses that are repeated and sometimes even three times, do you know why?

To God Be The Glory

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry you feel that way! But did you know there are Scripture verses that are repeated and sometimes even three times, do you know why?

To God Be The Glory
These debates NEVER get solved... they are simply platforms to argue with one another.

Reactions: Pearl

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These debates NEVER get solved... they are simply platforms to argue with one another.

My reasoning tells me that to engage in these Once Saved Always Saved debates is fruitless. And one scripture that comes to mind that influences me at times to stay out of these “debates” is this:

2 Timothy 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

But I also call to mind this scripture:

Ezekiel 2:4,6-7
[4] For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God. [6] And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. [7] And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.

Unfortunately many are highly skilled at perverting God’s word. It seems soo futile.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider the body of Christ, Him as the Head. Consider all the times he spoke of suffering. Yet also see Him as that one member, The Head: Ephesians 4:15-16 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: [16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Yes, as the Head suffered, all the members suffer. Yet beautiful is whom having received honour “this is my Son in whom I am well pleased”: or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. ALL the members rejoice! A body with the Head which received the anointing which anointing remains coming from the Head of all things, washing ‘the body’ with pure water “My Head anointest thou with oil” Psalm 23:5 To give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, (a new Spirit I will give, not the spirit of the world unto bondage but the Spirit God, the comforter Will I give) the planting of the Lord that he might be glorified. Isaiah 61:3

1 Corinthians 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

“...or one member be honoured, all the members of that body rejoice with unspeakable joy for the Head “thou has anointed” and made Him to be the Head of all things. Do not see how anyone can argue one member has received honour in “that He be the first of many brethren”

2 Corinthians 1:5-7 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. [6] And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. [7] And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.1 Corinthians 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ephesians 1:13
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 1:21-23
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing that is clear is that is that there is nothing more ignorant than a person, who can't speak a word of Greek, trying to present themselves as the authority of Greek Texts.
Stop doing this, as this is just so offensive to God.

It is offensive to you.

cleanseth (katharizo) is in the aorist present active indicative...

and it can be translated as "continually cleanseth"

And following that, learn to Trust in Christ alone, to keep you saved, and stop trying to convince real born again people that they are to trust in themselves and their self effort to stay saved.

Continuing to believe in Jesus has absolutely nothing to do with self-effort.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.

god did not give all mankind the right to become his children. He did not adopt all mankind as children, he did not give all mankind every spiritual blessing, he did not tell all mankind we can come to him as an abba father. I can go on and on and on

why do you fight it so much,

Mainly because of Scripture do I fight so much. LOL

Why do you ignore the Scripture, such as Matthew 7:21?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; [26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, [27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Galatians 1:4-5 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: [5] To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Timothy 2:5-8 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; [6] Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. [7] Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. [8] I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Why do we work so hard to get ourselves “into Heaven” and others out? Excluded of Him? Galatians 4:17 They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.