Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God gave us liberty along with life. That’s why we are the elect.
Yeah he did

that’s why he changes us for the better, so we s chose to serve hm, because he is faithfull

a dog returns to his vomit because he is still a dog, he was never created into a new creature

Reactions: Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God gave us liberty along with life. That’s why we are the elect.
actually i KNOW GOD has the power to change . I am living proof . I went from dead faith to true faith .
As for the line you just used , i have often seen folks, NOT YOU , but folks use that line to justify sin .
But they forget , Paul did write and say we do have liberty , ONLY USE NOT LIBERTY TO SERVE THE FLESH . AKA TO SIN .
YEAH , cause JESUS AINT NO MINISTIR OF SIN . WE are and BELONG TOO , WHO WE OBEY .
And i promise , i know i was , we all were wicked vile sinners . JESUS DIDNT COME so i could continue in sin and feel saved .
HE came to set me free from what i myself could not do . FROM SIN . THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD . LET THAT SONG BE SUNG .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah he did

that’s why he changes us for the better, so we s chose to serve hm, because he is faithfull

a dog returns to his vomit because he is still a dog, he was never created into a new creature
Dont forget about the hog that was WASHED CLEAN . and we know there is only ONE way we can be washed clean ,
and yet it returns to the hog pen . Folks lets just encourage one another to follow Christ and to be hearers and doers .
TO behold both the goodness and severity of GOD . TO heed every warning and embrace every promise .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. Except it is not by definition. Some who are saved lose faith and stop doing the will of God.

Disagree.
Faith is a gift from God.
Faith is given the unsaved AND the saved.
The Measure...Amount of Faith Differs between the unsaved AND the saved.
Small measure of Faith is given the unsaved for HEARING the Word of God.
Faithfullnes is given the saved for HEARTHFUL CONFESSION of Belief.

The SAVED can not Fall from Faith...
The SAVED...are CHANGED by the POWER of God...their body, crucified, their crucified body cleansed, (Jesus' blood), sanctified (set apart), Justified (their Name entered into the Lambs Book of Life) , soul restored (saved), receive a new heart (circumcision), receive Gods seed, (Gods seed rebirths their natural spirit to a spiritual eternal living spirit), receive Gods Holy Spirit of Gods Truth....
And don't forget the Promise...
He will Never leave you or forsake you.
ALL of those ^ things would have to become UNDONE for a "Saved man to LOSE His Salvation"
And why the saying "ONCE" a man IS Saved, he is SAVED forever...aka OSAS.

The UNSAVED man falls from Faith...by his Choice to stop HEARING....by his choice to not believe....and at the same time such a man STOPS receiving Faith from God.

Without Gods Gift of Faith...no man can become SAVED....and why the saying...
FAITH ALONE.

Without Faith...NOTHING else can a man do to be forgiven, saved, quicken, restored, made changed, Have Gods Spirit with him, do works that glorify God, etc. etc.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circular Reasoning. Undefeated sport teams cannot lose?

Circular reasoning is Carnal Logic.
Gods Word is His Knowledge afforded men for their benefit.
Gods Understanding of His Knowledge is a gift given from He Himself.

Every point Listed of the Change the Lord MAKES in a man who has HEARTFULLY CONFESSED belief, IS Scriptural.
His Offering,
His Truth,
His Order,
His Way,
His Gift,
His Promise,
His Life.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you lose faith in people who are not trustworthy, you just admitted god never fails
I really don't care about the osas argument. It's not important. But why can't someone just not want to trust God for salvation because they want something else, or that it's too hard or inconvenient to trust God?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many times have I said now a true believer would never lose faith. It’s not a possibility, so would I say otherwise, you keep insisting I believe we MUST. That’s not true. That’s a slight variation. Of what I really said, but untrue all the same
Aren't these scriptures saying you must believe and not lose faith?

let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25

we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't care about the osas argument. It's not important. But why can't someone just not want to trust God for salvation because they want something else, or that it's too hard or inconvenient to trust God?
I don’t care about the osas argument either

I just want Tods trustworthiness to be proclaimed, and people to admit those who became bancrupt because they visited Sinai, and new they could never approach God under any circumstance then came to Zion and met the redeemer, and where changed by the miracle of the cross will never even fathom turning away from faith in Christ for salvation, because of what they experienced, and because as you stated. god is always faithful.

The only reason lose faith is that you really did not have it to begin with, or that God is unfaithful. That the Sinai experience was not real and the Zion experience was a fraud

pits not about Osas, it’s about God

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't these scriptures saying you must believe and not lose faith?

let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25

we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6
True ONLY if our faith is real

I have been over this how many times now?

John said those who lose faith were never of us

No matter how many passages you show me, John trumps them all

you want conditional life, you can have it, but your faith will never sustain you, as paul said it is the hope of eternal life which is the basis of our faith because God is faithful, and as John said, we can KNOW we have eternal life and by this knowledge is our faith sustained

the only way you lose so called faith is that you doubt you may ever have had eternal life and that Gods promises are not sincere,

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True ONLY if our faith is real

I have been over this how many times now?

John said those who lose faith were never of us

No matter how many passages you show me, John trumps them all

you want conditional life, you can have it, but your faith will never sustain you, as paul said it is the hope of eternal life which is the basis of our faith because God is faithful, and as John said, we can KNOW we have eternal life and by this knowledge is our faith sustained

the only way you lose so called faith is that you doubt you may ever have had eternal life and that Gods promises are not sincere,

How does one let what they heard from the beginning remain in them? How does one NOT let what they heard from the beginning remain in them?

Reactions: Wrangler

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How does one let what they heard from the beginning remain in them? How does one NOT let what they heard from the beginning remain in them?
WHAT YOU HEARD

you do realize hearing and trusting are two different things correct? Many have heard the word of truth, and not had faith in it yet. Even many disciples heard the word of truth and when push came to shove in John 6 left in unbelief because they never had faith.

I am sorry God is so untrustworthy in your belief system.

God is offering you the hope of eternal life, will you take him up on it? I am not sure why you want to hold onto conditional life, it makes no sense to me

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT YOU HEARD

you do realize hearing and trusting are two different things correct? Many have heard the word of truth, and not had faith in it yet. Even many disciples heard the word of truth and when push came to shove in John 6 left in unbelief because they never had faith.
But he's telling this to people he himself says are saved....

12I am writing to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name.

13I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.

I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one.

14I write to you, dear children, because you know the Father.

I write to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning.

I write to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one. 1 John 2:12-14

As for you (those referred to above), see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is what he promised us—eternal life.
26I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.
1 John 2:24-26

So how does a saved person let the word remain in them?
How do they not let it remain in them?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry God is so untrustworthy in your belief system.

That's totally wrong. You are failing to discern the faithfulness of God from our holding to our faith.

It's so odd that somebody who dedicated decades of their life advancing the Kingdom is deemed by you as NEVER having faith if they turn from the faith. This Circular Reasoning denies evidence. You know people have faith due to their actions. Likewise, their actions reveal their eventual lack of faith.

I once drove North. You ideology is to determine that I never drove North if I am currently not driving North. Absurd.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont forget about the hog that was WASHED CLEAN . and we know there is only ONE way we can be washed clean ,
and yet it returns to the hog pen . Folks lets just encourage one another to follow Christ and to be hearers and doers .
TO behold both the goodness and severity of GOD . TO heed every warning and embrace every promise .
Clean them up but eventually...Kill those filthy hogs!

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov. 9:1-2

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Some people retain that faith in their hearts and they believe in the gospel and are saved.

You are not saved by "retaining faith".
You are saved by God through Faith.
This happens once, as being born again is the Proof that God accepted your faith, and SAVED you.

Once God has saved you, then the Same Who saved you, keeps you saved.

Once born again, always born again.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken
Status
Not open for further replies.