Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Everybody knows the One who saved you is the One who keeps you saved. We all know you can't save yourself or keep yourself saved. Only God can do that. Where you are going wrong is saying you don't have to keep being a believer for God to keep you saved.

We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly to the end the assurance we had at first. Hebrews 3:14

If a person has no faith they are not saved. They do not share in Christ. Period. Like I said, you'd be better off going back to the original osas teaching which says the person who does not continue to believe was never saved to begin with. Your teaching is ridiculous. Unbelievers are not saved people under any circumstances whatsoever.

YOu have the obsession with OSAS.
Not me.
And what is worse, is that you dont even understand what it's actually teaching.
See, there is the actual understanding of it, that is..>"The blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved"....>ONCE you are saved by the BLOOD OF JESUS< you are ALWAYS SAVED".
See that?
THats what it actually means.

However, devil led heretics, who are self savers, and do not trust that Christ keeps you saved, come to christian forums, and try to cause real born again believers to believe that they can lose their salvation.
But as you just explained, if Jesus keeps you saved, then you can't lose your salvation.
And that's true.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am late to the party but Romans 8 clearly says once saved you can never be taken from the hand of Christ. Every verse used to claim you can lose salvation says coming to the knowledge about salvation, not being saved.

To stop being "saved", you'd have to stop being born again.
You can't be "unborn again".

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sinning, at least in this year, has been far and few between.

Read...Scripture.

Pss 51:
[1] ...O God...
[4] Against thee, thee only, have I sinned...

Since you Repented and became converted (forgiven, soul saved, spirit quickened)...

Who did you Reptent TO...
And What is exactly did you "Repent" of?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu have the obsession with OSAS.
Not me.
And what is worse, is that you dont even understand what it's actually teaching.
See, there is the actual understanding of it, that is..>"The blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved"....>ONCE you are saved by the BLOOD OF JESUS< you are ALWAYS SAVED".
See that?
THats what it actually means.

However, devil led heretics, who are self savers, and do not trust that Christ keeps you saved, come to christian forums, and try to cause real born again believers to believe that they can lose their salvation.
But as you just explained, if Jesus keeps you saved, then you can't lose your salvation.
And that's true.
I don't give a flip about the osas argument. What I'm concerned with is you telling vulnerable newbie Christians that they don't have to remain a believer to be saved when Jesus comes back. Since you're the one with the osas obsession, you really need to just go back to the original osas teaching that says the person who doesn't believe to the end was never really saved to begin with. At least that will not mislead Christians into thinking they can stop believing and they'll still be saved when Jesus comes back. That's a joke.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't give a flip about the osas argument. What I'm concerned with is you telling vulnerable newbie Christians that they don't have to remain a believer to be saved when Jesus comes back. Since you're the one with the osas obsession, you really need to just go back to the original osas teaching that says the person who doesn't believe to the end was never really saved to begin with. At least that will not mislead Christians into thinking they can stop believing and they'll still be saved when Jesus comes back. That's a joke.
At the very least , at least that is far , far better than what many are saying today . You know what is so simple .
WHY dont we just teach JESUS and all HE taught and all the apostles taught . Without bringing in anything else .
That will build up the church . From every warning to every promise , it does good unto those who hear and obey .
The simplicity of it all is that GOD really is for the lambs . He desires the death of not even the wicked .
This is why every Word of GOD , of CHRIST and of those apostels is so dire good for our soul . From every warning
to every promise we would be wise to simply BELIEVE IT and HEED IT .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, were all your sins accidents, and not one was on purpose?
Really?

Yes, really.

All of my sins are non-willful.

You can lie to us and say that all your sinning is an accident,

It is no lie for me to say that all of my sins are non-willful.

I am late to the party but Romans 8 clearly says once saved you can never be taken from the hand of Christ. Every verse used to claim you can lose salvation says coming to the knowledge about salvation, not being saved.

What verses, in particular?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't give a flip about the osas argument. What I'm concerned with is you telling vulnerable newbie Christians that they don't have to remain a believer to be saved

Oh i would never tell them that lie.
I'll leave that one to you and justbyfaith.

What i'll teach the new believer is the Grace of God, and how to understand the blood atonement.
You are actually a "newbie', and you don't realize it, but your theology does.
Believe it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You don't believe me.
God made my statement the truth before I spoke it.

You said all your sins are not of your will.
That is a non-clever way to say that your sins are all accidents.
So, you are not being honest, and willfully so.
Now you have that one that was not an accident, to deal with.
Want to try for a few more today?
Go right ahead, deceiver.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said all your sins are not of your will.
That is a non-clever way to say that your sins are all accidents.
So, you are not being honest, and willfully so.
Now you have that one that was not an accident, to deal with.
Want to try for a few more today?
Go right ahead, deceiver.
Last time I took communion there was not a sin that I could name to the Lord as I examined myself; and I had not taken communion for three months (since the beginning of the year). My wife and I had been staying away from church because she was sick and we wanted to be sure not to spread covid if she had it.

I am always honest before the Lord when I take communion...I know that that is serious business and that if you don't confess your sins properly at communion, you can end up getting sick or dying.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Last time I took communion there was not a sin that I could name

About 6 months ago, you told us that you confessed of a sin, and that was not unusual for you.
So, you confessed of "accidents"?
No you didnt.
But now because of your crooked deceitful commentary that you wrote, that said..."if i sin willfully, then im lost"...
Now that you wrote that JUNK, you now have been reminded that you just damned your own self.
So, will you now continue to keep up this charade of lies and truth dodging?
Thats up to you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never teach that faith keeps you saved.
I teach that the blood of Jesus Keeps you saved.
So watch your mouth, as it just keeps digging you deeper into your own deception.
The lie that you teach is that a man does not have to continue in faith in order to keep salvation.

You teach that a man who falls away continues to have salvation.

Are you going to deny it now?

The record of things that you have said bears testimony to the fact that this is your teaching.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now because of your crooked deceitful commentary that you wrote, that said..."if i sin willfully, then im lost"...

Heb 10:26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30, For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

By all means, expound.

And we will see whether your exposition is exegesis or eisegesis.

Please note that if it is the latter, it will in fact be "crooked deceitful commentary".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The lie that you teach is that a man does not have to continue in faith in order to keep salvation.

Ive never written that sentence on this Forum.
Never wrote that, never said that.
You got that from FERRIS BUELLER, who says that this is what i teach.
He's a liar.
So, you are quoting that person's lie, thinking you are quoting me.
And thats both really stupid and very dishonest.
You are such a deceiver, and are so confused.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's totally wrong. You are failing to discern the faithfulness of God from our holding to our faith.

It's so odd that somebody who dedicated decades of their life advancing the Kingdom is deemed by you as NEVER having faith if they turn from the faith. This Circular Reasoning denies evidence. You know people have faith due to their actions. Likewise, their actions reveal their eventual lack of faith.

I once drove North. You ideology is to determine that I never drove North if I am currently not driving North. Absurd.
So God is dependent on us “holding our faith”

I thought it was us dependent on God keeping his promise based on his work.

but if you think God is dependent on you, and think that is not conditional. Well, I don’t ow what to tell you

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Heb 10:26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30, For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

By all means, expound.
And we will see whether your exposition is exegesis or eisegesis.
Please note that if it is the latter, it will in fact be "crooked deceitful commentary".

You have no ability to perform "exegesis", so, just stop the pretense, justbyfaith.

You take meds you said?
For memory issues ????, as you certainly dont remember very much.
Do you not recall that ive taught on Hebrews 10, to YOU, at least 4 times, previously. ???????
Explained it, in detail, to you, and not just once.
And now because you can't remember, you want me to do it again?

Ok.

The book of Hebrews, is written primarily to the Hebrews.
If it was written to the Church, primarily,.... then it would have a title like.....Galatians, or Corinthianss, or Romans, as these epistles were all directed to the born again believers.
But HEBREWS< as you can see, is not in that situation.

So, in Acts 28 , Paul is dealing with Christ Rejecting Hebrews (Unsaved Jews)
They reject their messiah and are damned, because once you willfully commit the sin of Christ Rejection, there remains no more sacrifice for your sin. As Rejecting the sacrifice is to reject Salvation. And that sin, is the unpardonable sin, and those Hebrews, were committing it.

In Hebrews 10, you have Paul talking again to unsaved Jews, (Hebrews) and he tells them AGAIN that their Christ rejection, is "willful sinning", "trodding on the blood of Jesus". "crucifying Christ AFRESH"..., and "there remains no more sacrifice" for anyone who does this, as if you reject MESSIAH,=(never born again) you have rejected the SACRIFICE.

Those HEBREWS did exactly that, in Chapter 10.... and Paul warned them strongly and showed them the "signs of an apostle", and they did it anyway.
So, they committed the unpardonable sin, and Hebrews Chapter 10< shows HOW its being committed, by unsaved JEWS. (Hebrews).

Status
Not open for further replies.