Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. I was giving an example.

You are giving an example that people who are trusting in faith, are not trusting in Christ?

That they teach, that "if one day, you dont really believe anymore, and tho you are still born again, you are going to hell"?

Ok, if that is so, let me go and edit my Post.
NP.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ferris and I do not promote a works based salvation but no matter what I say, that is what you hear.
I've just outlined 2 scenarios. You can clarify your position, or you can again be rude to me. This really stops becoming a discussion.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is passage
John 14:23, Jesus responds by saying, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”

Uh huh. That is the Lord God "WITH" and "IN" a person. That person IS Converted.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flood this place with all t
You're the one doing that, not me! The converted are exhorted to keep believing. You're the one saying the unbelieving unconverted 'believers' are the ones being exhorted to keep believing.
Just like paul told the church , IF you continue in HIS goodness , otherwise ye shall be cast out .
And if they continue not in unbelief shall be grafted back in . My friend its simple to see .

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lip service ranks high with OSAS.
I think lip service is strong in lots of different people, and your impugning a single group speaks more towards your argument style than anything else.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When they return to the sins of the flesh. Specifically, when they fail to repent of their sin.
So that's not you then, is that right? No more sins?

Or are you using a sliding scale?

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You're the one doing that, not me! The converted are exhorted to keep believing. .

We are exhorted to do a lot of things, ferris bueller

1. work out our salvation
2. present our bodies a living sacrifice
3. prove that we be in the faith
4. go into all the world
5. study to show yourself approved.

and many more "exhortations".

and if you do none of this, you are still born again., still saved.....if you are born again.

Jesus said...>"you MUST be born again"....and He never again said we "must" do anything, as regarding being reconciled to God, and staying that way.

Try to realize that God never said....>"now, i'll save you, but after that here is the TO DO LIST, and if you dont do it, plan on the lake of fire".

So, if you can ever see this and start believing RIGHT, you wont be offensive to the Cross regarding your words.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed - as long as one stays obedient.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

So then this part, are you saying this is not true in every case? If someone is the son of God, that Maybe they WON'T be like Jesus?

Much love!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's what I'm saying.

John 1:11-13 KJV
11) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

When we choose to receive Jesus, believing in His Name, then God does something, begetting us, a new creation. We don't birth ourselves, that is entirely from God, as He knows our heart towards Him, if we have believed Him.

After we are born from God, what is it that we would undo? Having received Him? Having believed in Him? Now we are born of Him. We're competely past that point in time, and we've become new creations, sharing God's Own nature, with His commitment to us to keep us safe unto an eternal salvation.

Only undoing our rebirth would change that, but God has given many assurances that this doesn't happen, that the end is sure for those who have believed and are reborn.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

We know we will be like Him. We know this.

But here's the really important part for now, today. He who has "This hope" in him purifies himself. Knowing that we will in fact be like His is what causes us to purify ourselves now, in this life, today.

The surety of our salvation is what gives us the faith to overcome our flesh in this world.

Much love!
Nope the last part is experiential, it's what is happening in Christ along the journey as We obey.....to know God is behind you because He uphold you as you walk by faith.....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For some reason, you are not taking any responsibility for obeying the many commands given to believers and the many verses that say failure to obey is death, that lip service is insufficient.
I don't think anyone here is talking about "lip service". Nor not taking responsibility for doing in our lives as God desires.

But we have very different ideas of what being born again means, I think.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope the last part is experiential, it's what is happening in Christ along the journey as We obey.....to know God is behind you because He uphold you as you walk by faith.....
I don't really know what you mean there.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.