Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
therefore not done without you being an active participant.
There seem to be two camps, those who think you are forever saved when you are reborn, and those who think you are not forever saved until after your life is ended.

Only one of those views agree with what is written about eternal life.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that some people can let go for the word of life in their lifetime?

What are your thoughts on this? Is it possible for a person to just give up on God, because of free-choice, and because of some circumstance that drives a person over the edge from ever looking towards God or the Lord Jesus Christ ever again? Is it possible for those people to come back even after once having tasted faith?

Philippians 2:

12 Therefore, (Paul to the Philippians) my beloved, just as you have always obeyed (Obeyed the Gospel of Christ ~ By living and trusting in God and the Lord Jesus Christ), not only in my presence (You have not only obeyed the Gospel of Christ - trusting God living by the spirit in the presence with Paul but even so after meaning that the Philippians continued to worship, and pray, and trust in God and communed with each other and fellowshipped with God and other believers and others who were not believers, or have heard the good news and rejected it.), but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. (The believers in Philippians continue to work out their own salvation with respect (for unto God) (Fear) and trembling.)

13For it is God who works in you (God who works in you - Holy Spirit) to will and to act on behalf of His good purpose. (God will work in you by and through the holy spirit to will, and to act on behalf of His good purpose.) You notice that?

14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, (Encouraging the Philippians ~ Encouraging us as well ~ By to live by the spirit.)

15 so that you may be blameless and pure, children of God (believers - forgiven- trust faith in the Lord Jesus Christ) without fault in a crooked and perverse generation,b in which you shine as lights in the world

16 as you hold forth the word of life, in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

Hold forth the word of life - the Gospel of Christ - Faith in Christ Jesus, Trust, Confidence, Prayer, Fellowship, Fruit of the Spirit - Holy Spirit / Spirit of Christ - Love God, with all your strength, all your mind, all your heart, and Love your neighbor as yourself ~ Pray and forgive and have mercy, and live by the spirit by living by trusting in the life, burial, death, and resurrection.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am on the fence on this, I think it is possible for some of the cases.
The "fencing" possibilities are?:

(1) Universalism = ALL are saved, Even devils
(2) NONE-alism = The bible is NOT "True"
(3) baptismalism = only those with water
(4) Torah-alism = only those with obedience to ALL of it
(5) commandment-alism = only those who OBEY
{Even though they "pick & choose" {PARTIALism?} Which
Ones they think are for THEIR "great commission"...}​
(6) fruitalism = "show your deeds" or ELSE {DEAD "faith"?}
(7) SIGNS-alism = show your POWER, tongues, etc, OR
"you ARE NOT filled with The Holy Ghost!"​
JUDGMENT-alism??? Is there an answer? How do we

GET OFF OF THE FENCE?

Reactions: HisLife

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "fencing" possibilities are?:

(1) Universalism = ALL are saved, Even devils
(2) NONE-alism = The bible is NOT "True"
(3) baptismalism = only those with water
(4) Torah-alism = only those with obedience to ALL of it
(5) commandment-alism = only those who OBEY
{Even though they "pick & choose" {PARTIALism?} Which
Ones they think are for THEIR "great commission"...}​
(6) fruitalism = "show your deeds" or ELSE {DEAD "faith"?}
(7) SIGNS-alism = show your POWER, tongues, etc, OR
"you ARE NOT filled with The Holy Ghost!"​
JUDGMENT-alism??? Is there an answer? How do we

GET OFF OF THE FENCE?

Only the children of Israel shall be saved.
Matthew 15:24“ I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. “

Gen21:12 “ for in Issac shall thy seed be called. “

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, is your interpretation = "let go And FORFEIT Eternal Life"?

Yes that is right. That is my exact interpretation, Grace ambassador.

It is like this:

A believer ~ was a believer for a little while, then died - spiritually. - (Either a believer is not feeding the spirit by and through prayer, and scripture by faith and communicating with God.) ~ Something happens in their life they start to shrink back down in darkness, in to having a unbelieving heart again and are not back in darkness, when they once were in the light of Christ Jesus.

~ This may not be a possible thing for you Grace Ambassador, and others here who are believer. To give up on eternal life, to let go of the Lord Jesus Christ, to give up on God. Believers who are seeking truth and are believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and are Children of God by and through faith and having communion with and by Loving God and Love Others through the Lord Jesus Christ by the spirit that in-dwells believers.

~~ Do you believe it is possible for someone who might have weak faith? To give up on God? Maybe because they have stopped having hope, of or on anything good with-in their life because of something happening from an experience?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you see to be the difference? Which Scriptures inform your view?

Much love!
Matthew 13
37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom,

41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know how to do that, right? If not I'll show you the easiest way to do that. See the problem you have is you are programmed to think that if someone doesn't believe in Osas, particularly your brand of Osas, that has to mean they believe in works salvation. So no matter what I post you will always see it as 'works salvation' even if I explain it to you how it is not. You are literally incapable of thinking any other way. Many Osasers are like that. That's why I consider Osas a cult. But I have talked to some very honest and level headed Osaser's so I'm not broad brushing every single Osaser that way. But you are definitely of the cult mentality that I'm speaking about. Your narrow minded deafness astounds me.

“ Works Salvation? I don’t remember ever using that term....I accuse you and your ilk of Adding to the Gospel Of Grace with False , Perverted “ Gospels”.....You are “ Fallen From Grace and you don’t even know it....You May as well tear out the Book Of Galatians which exposes you and others....a five year old could see it....

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There seem to be two camps, those who think you are forever saved when you are reborn, and those who think you are not forever saved until after your life is ended.

Only one of those views agree with what is written about eternal life.

Much love!
Well the question is what one is saved from

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13
37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom,

41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
So when you say, "in the kingdom", you are talking about tares? The false ones? How does this relate to what @Behold was saying? I don't follow your distinction.

Colossians 1:13 KJV
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll have to ask BB what he means by 'lucky repentance' to understand why I said I do not teach that.

But anyway, yes, assurance does come from walking in/by the Spirit. That's how we see for ourselves that we have the Spirit in salvation. We see Him in how we live. Many Osasers soundly reject this teaching, even though it's clearly taught in the scriptures, because they can only see that as works salvation. They are literally incapable of seeing it any other way. Now, there are some old school Calvin type Osasers who do understand how you live is the evidence of your salvation that you can take comfort and assurance in. But they seem to exist in fewer and fewer numbers these days.

You'll have to ask BB what he means by 'lucky repentance' to understand why I said I do not teach that.

Trust me....he knows all about it and He teaches it except for the times that he hides it....like now..

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed - as long as one stays obedient.

For some reason, you are not taking any responsibility for obeying the many commands given to believers and the many verses that say failure to obey is death, that lip service is insufficient.

“ Many Commands? Jesus left us with Two—- Believe And Love.

Obedience is great....it does not Save....resting in the Gospel does that...Faith in Jesus Christ Plus Nothing.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My “ Doctrine “ is “ Nothing But The Blood”.....Nothing. I hope you do not have a problem with that...

Disgusting! I do have a problem with anyone who thinks their doctrine saves people! It is not doctrine but a man chosen by God who saves people

He will decide who is to be in the Book of Life and who isn’t. It is not the inanimate object of his blood but his sacrificial death in obedience to God that led to him being GIVEN ALL AUTHORITY, which includes judging.

To honor his obedience into death, you hold obedience as irrelevant - despite his words in Matthew 7:21

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me....he knows all about it and He teaches it except for the times that he hides it....like now..
Nope, you're dead wrong. I don't teach that. Had King David died before Nathan confronted him about his affair he would have died saved. He sinned, but he did not sin as the result of a rejection of the promises. Like Moses, who sinned in unfaithfulness to the Lord, but who did not sin as a result of a rejection of the promises.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.