Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is conditional which is exactly why faith without works is dead.
It is conditional. But not on the condition of earning salvation by doing works. It's conditional on having and retaining faith in God.......faith that expresses itself in love, the summation of the law. Which is precisely why faith without works is dead and can not save a person. For the faith that justifies is the faith that works the summation of the law....love!

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, man, according to you isn't it "preach deliverance to the broken hearted JEW"? You don't seem to even understand your own warped misunderstanding of Scripture, let alone Scripture.
I’m paraphrasing because I brought this script out earlier. Your diversion tactics are obvious.

Luke 4:18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

this is in reference to the book of the prophet Isaiah and these captives and broken-hearted are Israelites according to the flesh

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m paraphrasing because I brought this script out earlier. Your diversion tactics are obvious.

Luke 4:18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

this is in reference to the book of the prophet Isaiah and these captives and broken-hearted are Israelites according to the flesh
1. Who needs to "divert"? You're clueless and I meet every ignorant noise you make with facts and Scriptures. Wake up "boy"!

2. So, I guess, "You're welcome"?

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is conditional. But not on the condition of earning salvation by doing works. It's conditional on having and retaining faith in God.......faith that expresses itself in love, the summation of the law. Which is precisely why faith without works is dead and can not save a person. For the faith that justifies is the faith that works the summation of the law....love!

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6
Give me the Bible verse describing how to love god ...

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1John 5:3

actually 1 John 5:2-3

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I own a Strong's Concordance. But I use an on-line one now.

I have money tied up in linguistic books. And I use online also.

But anywho.......I honestly don't think Jesus cares that his name is pronounced differently in the various dialects of human history. And as I've shown, even if it was a sin, it's just not one that Jesus is holding against us. He's got broad shoulders. There are more important things to worry about.

No no no....I never said using Jesus to refer to Christ was a sin. And I still use it. But that does not mean that it is not correct to know the name that Christ's mother used when she called Him to dinner. To care enough to know it. The scriptures say that there is only one name that can be called upon for salvation. Would it be good to know that name? Could we call upon the name of George? Since no one knows were the word Jesus came from, still knowing His name might be good. But calling Him Jesus is fine.

This is my life....saved is saved, all the same...but does God notice that you take the interest to dig for the facts? I think so. I still say you could put everything you needed to be saved on a 3X5 card..... The details are the meat of the matter and those truths you have to find are the gravy....The guy or gal that checks in with St. Peter with a 3X5 card or the person that is covered in gravy all have a seat in heaven.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Um... this guy is talking about "literacy" in Scripture LOL!

2. Just to be clear, it seems you also have a misunderstanding about how we serve God : we are "not under Law" (Ro 6:14). Let me know if I understood your misunderstanding correctly.

3. Oh, I'm pretty sure I know what it means to believe in Christ... it means believe in Christ and doesn't involve works Romans 4:1-5.

4. Salvation being conditional is not of necessity speaking to the issue of faith being dead without works... but, yeah, obviously faith without works is dead.

5. Jesus was either being sarcastic (it wouldn't be the only time) in saying to follow the Pharisees' words--obviously He Himself didn't follow, so if He meant that seriously He'd be a hypocrite (impossible)--OR there was a mistake in the text, and He didn't say "therefore what ever they say do" but "therefore what ever he [Moses] says do". Sorry, ignorant "boy".
You need to either read your Bible or throw it away don’t just disrespect it by not reading it

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, yeah, no answers. That's what I thought.
Stop pretending to know something.
There will be no salvation for the prideful let alone non Israelites my boy. Do you the children of Israel will have the other nations as servants in the new kingdom under Christ ?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be no salvation for the prideful let alone non Israelites my boy. Do you the children of Israel will have the other nations as servants in the new kingdom under Christ ?
Already addressed. You don't have answers do you?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though we are saved now, sealed with the Holy Spirit as God's very own possession, there is the salvation to be given us at the end of the age when we are literally not cast into the lake of fire, but ushered into the eternal safety of the kingdom.

Whatever the Lord God SAYS, is already DONE the moment He says it.

Ecc 3:15
[15] That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

We do not have the capability to "SEE" the Lord Gods Works. We can only "SEE" the "effects" of His Works.

Salvation IS EXPRESSLY one of the highlights of what God sent Jesus To Earth to Offer men.
Jesus IS the Salvation for mankind.

Luke.19
[9] And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvationcome to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

Men "waiting" to receive their "salvation" at physical death....are NOT the Converted "IN" Christ Jesus.
THEY ARE primarily the JEWS, who continue UNDER THE LAW, believing in God, rejecting JESUS.
THEY must abide by the Law, and "KEEP their own self from evil temptations" that THEY do not reject God and follow false gods.

A Converted man, is with and in God and Christ, and God and Christ IN them...
The Power of God IN the man KEEPS the mans Salvation secure.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL The verse is well known.
Yeah but you haven’t answered the Bible say according 1 Peter3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and beready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... only Jews are saved... but they will have Gentile butlers... while the Gentiles are suffering under God's wrath in hell?

Your brain has an "odd" way that it "works" (I use that term loosely of course).

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but you haven’t answered the Bible say according 1 Peter3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and beready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”
Anyway, go make a thread for all of your nonsense that doesn't relate to OSAS. You're off topic here.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... only Jews are saved... but they will have Gentile butlers... while the Gentiles are suffering under God's wrath in hell?

Your brain has an "odd" way that it works (I use that term loosely of course).
You think hell is a fiery place underground with demons and goblins don’t you? hell is a low state , death, capativity. The children of Israel are living in hell under the curses until Christ returns. You need to read the Bible better or better teacher or something idk bruh bruh

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, go make a thread for all of your nonsense that doesn't relate to OSAS. You're off topic here.
You haven’t even answered the question 4 post ago and still you have admitted you don’t follow the words given by god through the Bible. You are done

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think he’ll is a fiery place underground with demons and goblins don’t you? hell is a low state , death, capativity. The children of Israel are living in hell under the curses until Christ returns. You need to read the Bible better or better teacher or something idk bruh bruh
Sounds good man now go make a thread for this trash because you're off-topic.
Oops, you don't want to because you won't get the attention you crave over there.
You want to defecate right in the middle of our conversation to get our attention.
Get yourself in order. Go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.