Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, wake up! Over 5050 posts....these OSAS preachers are taking you for fools! And you are playing into their hands.
They cannot prove anything and you cannot show them the light because they prefer darkness.
They are fishing! Cast a line to see what they can catch.
Looking for the innocent and the new believers who will take the bait and damn their lives and damn their souls.
They have a large pond here, look at the number of guests that come and go each day.
The scriptures you give are meaningless to them....their loyalty, their love, and their devotion is pointed in a different direction.
Don't play their game....consider what will be held against them on Judgment Day. The echoes of those that have told them to repeat will reverberate as they stand before Christ on Judgment Day as well as the screams of those they led to hell.
Do not be one of those that validated their evil agenda and give them a forum to preach their abomination of hell.
Christianity is not a haven for the evil and sinful.
Christ does not embrace sinful lifestyles.
Hell will be full of evil and sinful people, not heaven.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like how you ignore there being no J’s in Hebrew and Greek.
Why is it that only that difference matters? What's so special about it? The name is different in a number of ways between Hebrew and Greek. Who decided the J was such an important difference, instead of, for instance, the fact that the endings are different? Does it end with an "s" sound in Hebrew? No? Well it does in Greek! Why wouldn't that be a deal breaking difference? Again, you are a sad sad man.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the children of Israel shall be saved.
Matthew 15:24“ I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. “

Gen21:12 “ for in Issac shall thy seed be called. “
A user by the name of "Osiris" will "teach" us Christianity. LOL!
To be a Christian is to follow Christ in totality of the word. Arrogance will get you nowhere. You are already lost calling on Christ Jesus when he and his people were Hebrew and there are no J’s in Hebrew. If you are going to speak about my name as a knock to me informing people. But I’m suppose to respect someone who calls on the wrong name of one their almighty god and two his son and three the children of God.
LOL Paul literally spoke Greek, and wrote His Name out in Greek (eg, Iesous), and told people to call on the Hellenized form you absolute joke. LOL
Why are you so obsessed with "respect"?
Im a joke? You saying Paul spoke Greek means nothing since he was a Hebrew of Hebrews of the seed of jacob(Israel) from the tribe of Benjamin. He was also a Roman citizen. Do you know the lingua franca around Paul’s time would koine Greek? If you understand that you would understand why the letter to the churches would be in Greek. Jesus is a transliteration and romanized word. But if I be a fool let me be a for in hamashyach.
Ps: Obsession would mean that I harbor feeling or yearn for “respect” yet I don’t need yours
But God respects the seed of Israel
Why is it that only that difference matters? What's so special about it? The name is different in a number of ways between Hebrew and Greek. Who decided the J was such an important difference, instead of, for instance, the fact that the endings are different? Does it end with an "s" sound in Hebrew? No? Well it does in Greek! Why wouldn't that be a deal breaking difference? Again, you are a sad sad man.

Hello gentlemen.

Osiris, while I do not condone the insulting nature of GracePeace's posts, I do have to agree with him theologically. You are insinuating that almost the entire non-Jewish, English-speaking church worldwide is unsaved because they refer to Him as Jesus, yet you yourself use as your site tag the name of a god associated in Satanism with the coming Antichrist.

Again, I don't condone his insults, but I do see some serious problems with your theology and the condemning nature of it, combined with your identification with a figure popular within the Satanist religion.

God bless,
- H

Reactions: GracePeace

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
******A warning to guests and new Christians******
The people that are pushing the OSAS doctrine on this thread are not inline with Christian morals, ethics, are values.
It is a false teaching that can lead to loss of salvation and a judgment to hell. Danger is here in this thread. BEWARE!

Thus saith the self - appointed Mr. Holy Spirit Jr......lol....

This guy speaks like he is atop Mt. Sinai declaring the Ultimate , inarguable TRUTH!..... The Air atop Sinai must be getting awfully thin.....

“ All Of Those That Believe In Me “ALREADY HAVE” ETERNAL LIFE and shall “NEVER” come under Condemnation”.....

That’s enough to shut the mouth Of Anybody that understands English and possesses a brain.....The NOSAS Crowd NEVER addresses that one verse. Never. And for good reason.....it can’t be argued against....Even “ they” are reluctant to call Jesus a “ Liar”....

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Only the children of Israel shall be saved.
Matthew 15:24“ I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. “

Gen21:12 “ for in Issac shall thy seed be called. “
John 10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Tong
R3221

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Saved Always Saved

Ask yourself ~ It is possible for me to walk away from God right now today? Even if the Answer is No, could you still make that choice if you really desired to?

What does it mean for to be saved?

What are you saved to, or what are you saved from?

Are you always safe by placing your mind on heavenly things?

It it possible for us to lose focus from time to time? Even to the point of walking away from being saved? From a human perspective is it possible?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Scripture men "profess" belief....yep, yep, I believe....then the same man, 10 years later can say....eh, nope "I don't believe"....
So the writer wants that person to hold firmly to hope in their fake profession?

...let us hold firmly to what we profess. Hebrews 4:14

Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess... Hebrews 10:23

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus declares the self - appointed Mr. Holy Spirit Jr......lol....

This guy speaks like he is atop Mt. Sinai declaring the Ultimate , inarguable TRUTH!..... The Air atop Sinai must be getting awfully thin.....

“ All Of Those That Believe In Me “ALREADY HAVE” ETERNAL LIFE and shall “NEVER” come under Condemnation”.....

That’s enough to shut the mouth Of Anybody that understands English and possesses a brain.....The NOSAS Crowd NEVER addresses that one verse. Never. And for good reason.....it can’t be argued against....Even “ they” are reluctant to call Jesus a “ Liar”....

Repent! Repent of this evilness!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello gentlemen.

Osiris, while I do not condone the insulting nature of GracePeace's posts, I do have to agree with him theologically. You are insinuating that almost the entire non-Jewish, English-speaking church worldwide is unsaved because they refer to Him as Jesus, yet you yourself use as your site tag the name of a god associated in Satanism with the coming Antichrist.

Again, I don't condone his insults, but I do see some serious problems with your theology and the condemning nature of it, combined with your identification with a figure popular within the Satanist religion.

God bless,
- H
How DARE you express DISAPPROVAL of me!? LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as the case with many who were taught the OSAS as the
foundation of salvation: Believe Jesus died for your sins and you have heaven when you die.

Foundation of Salvation is Believing and Confessing belief.

so many may think they need nothing else.

A man who IS converted Has the Spirit of God With and IN them. Is there something else "you need" ?

However Justification and Sanctification go together.
If not it's like saying you can be a Christian but not a disciple.

Justification and Sanctification is the Lords works IN a man.
Being a disciple is a mans works.

But Jesus commanded to make disciples by bapizing...teaching them to observe all the things He commanded.......and lo He would be with them until the end...dont quote my word there.... So does it sound like you can be a Christian and not do anything Jesus commanded?

Men did the carrying on of teaching a man HOW to accept the Lords Offering of Salvation.
A man may say the words, but the Lord Himself does the Baptizing with His Spirit.

Mark 1:
[8] I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Believer who got confused or fell into Error and lost their Faith , if that is even possible , I think will be brought back to Faith before they die.
Maybe the person who lost their faith will be brought back, maybe they won't. The sinning man in 1 Corinthians 5:5 was to be turned over to satan for the destruction of the flesh so he 'may' be saved. You know, 'may', as in 'might'. Paul did not say he 'will' be saved. The verb he used there is in the subjunctive mood, "the mood of possibility and potentiality. The action described may or may not occur, depending upon circumstances." 1 Corinthians 5 :: King James Version (KJV) . Check it out if you don't believe me.

Reactions: GracePeace

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One who is an Unbeliever his entire life is damned

A Believer who got confused or fell into Error and lost their Faith , if that is even possible , I think will be brought back to Faith before they die. If they are not brought back and die in a state of Unbelief , I think there is hope for them because Jesus said that even though we may become “ unfaithful”.....” HE” Remains Faithful......
Also, Jesus says when you get Saved you ALREADY HAVE Eternal Life and NOTHING can make you come under Condemnation.....he says that no Future Act can take you from the Father’s Grip....if you got Saved and then lost your Faith, that mistake would be a future event that happened after you got Saved.....and should not count against you....you are still in His grasp...

The Bible says that” Anybody that asks to be Saved, WILL be Saved” .....no matter WHAT happens to a person that sincerely sees that he is a Lost Sinner and at ANY Point in his life, turns to God with Faith in Jesus Christ —- that guy is gonna be Saved . The most important thing in the universe is at stake—- God’s Word.The Onus is on “Him” to “ Finish what He started”..... He can handle it . He WILL handle it.He will NOT go back on His Word.....it is impossible...Despite a person’s error and Stupidity....

I've had about 50 years of experience watching people who I *know* had been saved sometimes walk away. And I also believe that they remain saved. There is such a thing called "emotional breakdown," which can equate with a "spiritual breakdown." When someone is crushed emotionally, he is not in his right mind. A person can commit suicide, or attempt murdering someone he loves (I know real people like this). It really isn't who he is, but only is engaging in an emotional lashing out, a "breakdown."

God doesn't judge people the same in all circumstances. God takes into consideration the circumstances of a "falling away." He will be merciful precisely because He *can* be merciful.

One friend who I know was saved fell away because he led a young lady to the Lord when he was a young man and a relatively new convert. He was higher than a kite on Jesus, bought all of the study books, attended all of the meetings. One night I was at a meeting with him, and the preacher/prophet said there was someone there who would fall away if he didn't meet the test.

A little later, the friend fell in love with the woman who he led to the Lord. She loved the Lord, but not him. He couldn't understand it, and turned away from God, eventually marrying a very worldly, pagan lady, who hated Christianity. He has never turned back.

But once, when I visited him briefly with a friend, I asked him about his lost faith. And he said, secretly, that he still believed, but that his wife hates religion. Then she walked in and sort of threatened to dismiss him if he didn't ask us to go. So we left.

We should be slow to judge people who are crushed, and try to win them back. They haven't always left the Lord entirely. But they don't want to look like a hypocrite, wandering in worldly places and still claim to be a Christian. They can and *will* come back, I believe--if not in this lifetime, certainly at the return of Christ, or after death.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the person who lost their faith will be brought back, maybe they won't. The sinning man in Corinthians 5:5 was to be turned over to satan for the destruction of the flesh so he 'may' be saved. You know, 'may', as in 'might'. Paul did not say he 'will' be saved. The verb he used there is in the subjunctive mood, "the mood of possibility and potentiality. The action described may or may not occur, depending upon circumstances." 1 Corinthians 5 :: King James Version (KJV) . Check it out if you don't believe me.
Now that puts the "terrible" in "irresistible" (grace)!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Saved Always Saved

Ask yourself ~ It is possible for me to walk away from God right now today? Even if the Answer is No, could you still make that choice if you really desired to?

What does it mean for to be saved?

What are you saved to, or what are you saved from?

Are you always safe by placing your mind on heavenly things?

It it possible for us to lose focus from time to time? Even to the point of walking away from being saved? From a human perspective is it possible?

For certain yes. There are Christians that walk away, live a life without morals, and there are some converting to be Moslems...Islam.....even Buddhism.
People get concerned about works, the only works that the Bible is concerned about is works of the Mosaic Law.
Good Deeds are not works except the Greek word is the same...LOL...Find who thinks Good Deeds save you...not many of them. Now if you want to talk about rewards for Good Deeds, now we have a topic for discussion. A positive topic.

But Protestant concerns regarding works really go back to the Protestant reform and their rejection of the Catholic Church's assertion of authority over salvation and what they said you had to do or not do to be saved.

Now if you want to apply works to the loss of salvation....salvation is solid....you have to "work" to loss it.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but what about a guy who actually DID Trust in Jesus But later got Confused, fell into Error or got seduced by Bad Teaching
YES, I resemble that remark! Boy, was I EVER LOST {going to hell?} in the
following Confusion! Is "any obedience" Really Better Than NO obedience?
Each water adherent had Better Decide, eh?:

(1) believe AND be baptized
{i.e. immersion to contact their Christ's blood}, THEN saved?

(2) believe, be saved, and THEN
immersion with a symbolic interpretation?

(3) immersion ONCE in the "name of Jesus?

(4) immersion THRICE in the "name of the Triune Godhead?

(5) immersion {whether once or thrice} for
"membership" in their traditional assembly?

(6) sprinkling water on babies inducting them
into religion washing away their original sin?

(7) sprinkling water on babies inducting them into
some covenant?

(8) sprinkling water on babies inducting them into their parent's custody
that they promise to raise them right? {into Mass Confusion?}

(9) sprinkling water on babies, admitting that their ritual is UNscriptural,
but "we do it anyway, because it is OUR tradition!"?

(10) pouring water onto babies or adults for Whatever
traditional reason religion "can come up with"?

(11) Any other water Confusion (?) I haven't heard of yet?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"God is NOT the author of Confusion!" Praise HIS Blessed Name!!

Imagine for a possible split-second twinkling-of-an-eye moment, IF:

God's Biblical Answer = "NO!" water NOT Required, Today, Under GRACE!

Then what? NO Confusion? Eh??? Partial "study" in 5234...
FULL "study" here: 13 Bible baptisms

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Osiris, while I do not condone the insulting nature of GracePeace's posts, I do have to agree with him theologically. You are insinuating that almost the entire non-Jewish, English-speaking church worldwide is unsaved because they refer to Him as Jesus
@Osiris, every discussion about the real name of God and/or Jesus, or whether Jesus is really God reminds me of this verse....

Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come. Matthew 12:32

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Yes that is right. That is my exact interpretation, Grace ambassador.

It is like this:

A believer ~ was a believer for a little while, then died - spiritually. - (Either a believer is not feeding the spirit by and through prayer, and scripture by faith and communicating with God.) ~ Something happens in their life they start to shrink back down in darkness, in to having a unbelieving heart again and are not back in darkness, when they once were in the light of Christ Jesus.

~ This may not be a possible thing for you Grace Ambassador, and others here who are believer. To give up on eternal life, to let go of the Lord Jesus Christ, to give up on God. Believers who are seeking truth and are believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and are Children of God by and through faith and having communion with and by Loving God and Love Others through the Lord Jesus Christ by the spirit that in-dwells believers.

~~ Do you believe it is possible for someone who might have weak faith? To give up on God? Maybe because they have stopped having hope, of or on anything good with-in their life because of something happening from an experience?
The true Christian isn’t just one sinful, most often miserable man, that sort of changed his ways by his will and determination and self control because of the circumstances surrounding his experience in his life. I think many have this thinking. Such thinking have the idea that all man can will to whatever he wants and do it anytime he wills.

But this is the truth revealed by God through apostle Paul in scriptures concerning the child of God. That he is God’s workmanship. Yes God’s, not the man’s. He was created anew by God in Christ Jesus. Yes, formerly created in Adam, but now created in the second Adam, Jesus Christ. As was in the first, where he is in Adam and dies, it is in the second, where he is in Christ, and lives. As was in the first, where he has nothing to do with his birth by the will of his father, it is so in the second, where he has nothing to do with his birth by the will of his Father.

<<< Do you believe it is possible for someone who might have weak faith?>>>

The weak child of God are what we consider the babes in Christ. Babes as they still are, they need all the help they could get, first from their Father, and from their mature brothers. They need to be fed. They are our look out that they not be fed by the enemy with something that is not good for their growth and health. It has been foretold about the many false teachers that would rise and of persecutions. So it is possible that the babes in Christ would be fed by them that they could not grow into maturity and be strong, so that in times of persecutions and difficulties, they would be in danger of falling.
And that was true even during the time of the apostles, so that we have all the warnings, reminders, and exhortations by the apostles to the church in general to continue to be firm and endure in the faith. But, if some of the babes will fall, do they by that falling ceased to be a child of God? Nope. As with those born only with the first birth, what they experience in this life does not change who they are. They are still of the seed of Adam. That said, those who were born with the second birth, what they experience in this life does not change who they are. They are still of the seed of Jesus Christ.

Tong
R3222

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Why don't you make a thread in the subject? It's off-topic.

2 So... since Paul told people to call on the Hellenized form of Messiah's Name... the Anglicized version also works right?

What did Christ say about the Hebrew language? Christ was a Hebrew from the land of Israel with a Hebrew name, why would you call on a Latin name or Greek ?
My name in Egyptian is ausar but I was named in English as Osiris. If my attention is needed someone needs to call on my original given name

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Matthew 13
37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom,

41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
The seeds are the sons of the kingdom.

Tong
R3223

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello gentlemen.

God bless,
- H
First I already established that no one is indeed saved until the end and you can’t give a scripture to prove other wise. But everyone here is thinking they are saved for believing on Jesus. Before I get to the true name you guys are already behind by trying to add unto the word and using opinions. The text says he that endure to the end shall be saved. Also Jesus says he came for the children of Israel through the seed of Abraham issac and jacob. It wasn’t given to Esau, ismael, ham, Japheth, etc. it was given to the Israelites and every scripture substantiates my point

Status
Not open for further replies.