Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello gentlemen.

Osiris, while I do not condone the insulting nature of GracePeace's posts, I do have to agree with him theologically. You are insinuating that almost the entire non-Jewish, English-speaking church worldwide is unsaved because they refer to Him as Jesus, yet you yourself use as your site tag the name of a god associated in Satanism with the coming Antichrist.

Again, I don't condone his insults, but I do see some serious problems with your theology and the condemning nature of it, combined with your identification with a figure popular within the Satanist religion.

God bless,
- H

So now I am being criticized for my natural born name , what kind of Christ do you guys believe in?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Christ say about the Hebrew language? Christ was a Hebrew from the land of Israel with a Hebrew name, why would you call on a Latin name or Greek ?
My name in Egyptian is ausar but I was named in English as Osiris. If my attention is needed someone needs to call on my original given name
Make another thread please you're off-topic here. You are altogether unruly and disorderly aren't you?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true Christian isn’t just one sinful, most often miserable man, that sort of changed his ways by his will and determination and self control because of the circumstances surrounding his experience in his life. I think many have this thinking. Such thinking have the idea that all man can will to whatever he wants and do it anytime he wills.

But this is the truth revealed by God through apostle Paul in scriptures concerning the child of God. That he is God’s workmanship. Yes God’s, not the man’s. He was created anew by God in Christ Jesus. Yes, formerly created in Adam, but now created in the second Adam, Jesus Christ. As was in the first, where he is in Adam and dies, it is in the second, where he is in Christ, and lives. As was in the first, where he has nothing to do with his birth by the will of his father, it is so in the second, where he has nothing to do with his birth by the will of his Father.

<<< Do you believe it is possible for someone who might have weak faith?>>>

The weak child of God are what we consider the babes in Christ. Babes as they still are, they need all the help they could get, first from their Father, and from their mature brothers. They need to be fed. They are our look out that they not be fed by the enemy with something that is not good for their growth and health. It has been foretold about the many false teachers that would rise and of persecutions. So it is possible that the babes in Christ would be fed by them that they could not grow into maturity and be strong, so that in times of persecutions and difficulties, they would be in danger of falling.
And that was true even during the time of the apostles, so that we have all the warnings, reminders, and exhortations by the apostles to the church in general to continue to be firm and endure in the faith. But, if some of the babes will fall, do they by that falling ceased to be a child of God? Nope. As with those born only with the first birth, what they experience in this life does not change who they are. They are still of the seed of Adam. That said, those who were born with the second birth, what they experience in this life does not change who they are. They are still of the seed of Jesus Christ.

Tong
R3222

If the person stops having faith (Hebrews 11:6) and belief in Jesus Christ, they are no longer a child of God. (John 1:12) They have no rest because of no faith : (Hebrews 3:11).

How can you stay saved if a person has this to them where they renounce their faith they had in God, and having faith in Jesus Christ ~ And give up their adoption into the kingdom due to weak faith, to unbelief?

(Can this connection be restored possibly it would take a persons willingness to start to have a relationship with God again and grow in faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the promises of the Gospel of Christ about the Life, death, and resurrection of Christ Jesus.)

Last edited:

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Tong
R3221

read on further and gain understanding

Jhn 10:18 - No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
Jhn 10:19 - There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
Jhn 10:20 - And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
Jhn 10:21 - Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

Christ out of his own mouth says that he was sent for the lost sheep of Israel. That being the commandment of his father. Further in the text you see a division between those of the Jews that believe on him and didn’t. Those who didn’t believe were not in the fold that would become one flock through the washing by the word

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First I already established that no one is indeed saved until the end and you can’t give a scripture to prove other wise. But everyone here is thinking they are saved for believing on Jesus.
The verb 'are saved' is in the present tense in this verse......

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:2
It doesn't say 'will be saved'. It says you are saved, now, if you are holding firmly (also a present tense verb) to the word.

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seeds are the sons of the kingdom.

Tong
R3223

The kingdom of Heaven and the sons of the kingdom of heaven are the children of Israel

john1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First I already established that no one is indeed saved until the end and you can’t give a scripture to prove other wise.
Oops!
Ephesians 2 "you have been saved"

But everyone here is thinking they are saved for believing on Jesus.
Romans 10
8But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Before I get to the true name
No one cares about your "true name" garbage dude. You're ignorant--about everything Biblical apparently.

The text says he that endure to the end shall be saved.
Yep. That's your problem to go cry to your god about (in light of the passage from Ephesians).

Also Jesus says he came for the children of Israel through the seed of Abraham issac and jacob. It wasn’t given to Esau, ismael, ham, Japheth, etc. it was given to the Israelites and every scripture substantiates my point
1. Jesus came to the Jew first, later commanding His disciples to go into all the nations Matthew 28:19--hence why Paul says "the Jew first, then the Greek".

Romans 1
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 2
9There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek

2. Abraham means "Father of Many Nations"--explicitly NON-JEWISH (uncircumcised) nations (Romans 4:9-12).

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verb 'are saved' is in the present tense in this verse......

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:2
It doesn't say 'will be saved'. It says you are saved, now, if you are holding firmly (also a present tense verb) to the word.

what does endure till the end mean ? Are you at the end ? I’ll answer no. So you don’t know if you are saved until the end. Endure till the end

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Osiris, every discussion about the real name of God and/or Jesus, or whether Jesus is really God reminds me of this verse....

Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come. Matthew 12:32

That is just not true, Ferris.
Finding out the true names of those in the scriptures can be shocking, but far from being insulative to God. Truth is not insulative.
For $29.95 you can own a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance...that is connected to the King James Version. Probably more than 98 percent accurate.

You can look up anybody's name, even person, place or thing, that starts with J, Old or New Testament, and find out that their name was pronounced with a Y or eY. Take a trip to Jerusalem and ask a Jew how to pronounce the name of their city.
I call it the J slam as far as the Bible....some call it the great consonant shift.
The letter J and its pronunciations did not occur until 1400 ad and was not in popular use until the 1600's. The first King James Versions that came out used the Greek word for Yeshua.....Iesous.

Digging for the fact means you are interested in Truth....God is Truth.

Reactions: Osiris

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does endure till the end mean ? Are you at the end ? I’ll answer no. So you don’t know if you are saved until the end. Endure till the end

do you know what the gospel is ? Preach deliverance to the broken hearted... the gospel is about the salvation of Christ’s people

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep growing in faith and may God give the increase @Osiris.

Good night everyone may the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you, the Love of God, and the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit/Spirit of Christ. take care.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what the passage is saying. It's literally saying, 'you are saved right now if you are right now holding fast to the word you received'.

Reactions: kcnalp

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oops!
Ephesians 2 "you have been saved"

Romans 10
8But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

No one cares about your "true name" garbage dude. You're ignorant--about everything Biblical apparently.

Yep. That's your problem to go cry to your god about (in light of the passage from Ephesians).

1. Jesus came to the Jew first, later commanding His disciples to go into all the nations Matthew 28:19--hence why Paul says "the Jew first, then the Greek".

Romans 1
16For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 2
9There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek, 10but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek

2. Abraham means "Father of Many Nations"--explicitly NON-JEWISH (uncircumcised) nations (Romans 4:9-12).

based on your response this is what you will get. You aren’t literate enough to give Bible breakdown. Do you know what believing in Christ in your heart mean ? You follow the commandments also in that Romans script you brought it still is speaking of future tense will be save. Salvation is conditional which is exactly why faith without works is dead. Christ said to listen to the Pharisee but don’t take up after their works because they speak the truth of the law but do not believe in Christ in action. Sorry my boy salvation isn’t for you.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you know what the gospel is ? Preach deliverance to the broken hearted... the gospel is about the salvation of Christ’s people
No, man, according to you isn't it "preach deliverance to the broken hearted JEW"? You don't seem to even understand your own warped misunderstanding of Scripture, let alone Scripture.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just not true, Ferris.
Finding out the true names of those in the scriptures can be shocking, but far from being insulative to God. Truth is not insulative.
For $29.95 you can own a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance...that is connected to the King James Version. Probably more than 98 percent accurate.

You can look up anybody's name, even person, place or thing, that starts with J, Old or New Testament, and find out that their name was pronounced with a Y or eY. Take a trip to Jerusalem and ask a Jew how to pronounce the name of their city.
I call it the J slam as far as the Bible....some call it the great consonant shift.
The letter J and its pronunciations did not occur until 1400 ad and was not in popular use until the 1600's. The first King James Versions that came out used the Greek word for Yeshua.....Iesous.

Digging for the fact means you are interested in Truth....God is Truth.
I own a Strong's Concordance. But I use an on-line one now.

But anywho.......I honestly don't think Jesus cares that his name is pronounced differently in the various dialects of human history. And as I've shown, even if it was a sin, it's just not one that Jesus is holding against us. He's got broad shoulders. There are more important things to worry about.

Reactions: Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You follow the commandments also in that Romans script you brought it still is speaking of future tense will be save.
Even though we are saved now, sealed with the Holy Spirit as God's very own possession, there is the salvation to be given us at the end of the age when we are literally not cast into the lake of fire, but ushered into the eternal safety of the kingdom.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the writer wants that person to hold firmly to hope in their fake profession?

...let us hold firmly to what we profess. Hebrews 4:14

Let us hold resolutely to the hope we profess... Hebrews 10:23

Yes an individual "WITH" the Lord should 'hold firmly" to what they "profess".
(It's a warning, to the unConverted...BECAUSE there is EVIL and WICKEDNESS in this World, ready to convince a man "WITH" the Lord to Believe "OTHERWISE"!!!)

This is expressly....to a man professing belief.

There is a difference to fulfill the "Scriptural Requirement" to "RECEIVE" Salvation.

A man must Confess heartful Belief.

"Professing" is simply saying "you believe".
Nothing stops that man for later "professing", he does not believe.

"Confession" is different.
Confession, "includes admission of having done something Wrong"...(you know...like um, having been naturally born in sin Against God....having committed sin (of unbelief) Against God ).
Confession for Salvation particularly, MUST be from a mans "Hearts thoughts". (Not his minds thoughts)...

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
based on your response this is what you will get. You aren’t literate enough to give Bible breakdown. Do you know what believing in Christ in your heart mean ? You follow the commandments also in that Romans script you brought it still is speaking of future tense will be save. Salvation is conditional which is exactly why faith without works is dead. Christ said to listen to the Pharisee but don’t take up after their works because they speak the truth of the law but do not believe in Christ in action. Sorry my boy salvation isn’t for you.
1. Um... this guy is talking about "literacy" in Scripture LOL!

2. Just to be clear, it seems you also have a misunderstanding about how we serve God : we are "not under Law" (Ro 6:14). Let me know if I understood your misunderstanding correctly.

3. Oh, I'm pretty sure I know what it means to believe in Christ... it means believe in Christ and doesn't involve works Romans 4:1-5.

4. Salvation being conditional is not of necessity speaking to the issue of faith being dead without works... but, yeah, obviously faith without works is dead.

5. Jesus was either being sarcastic (it wouldn't be the only time) in saying to follow the Pharisees' words--obviously He Himself didn't follow, so if He meant that seriously He'd be a hypocrite (impossible)--OR there was a mistake in the text, and He didn't say "therefore what ever they say do" but "therefore what ever he [Moses] says do". Sorry, ignorant "boy".

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what the passage is saying. It's literally saying, 'you are saved right now if you are right now holding fast to the word you received'.
It’s important to go precept upon precept because you would read the verse a bit more clearly. 1st grace came through Jesus meaning that no one could put people to death for their sins or judge but by the word of God.
You have to endure, that’s what grace is for. To learn and get the breathe of wisdom and live. If you read Ephesians 2 you will see it’s speaking of people who were at a low state and once these people believe on god with truth and sincerity they will be saved. min the text “ ye have been saved “ once you endure till the end you would have been saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.