Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't keep myself saved, it's the holy seal of God!!! God keeps me saved by the precious Blood of my Savior... That is something that even Ajax can't was off...
Which is exactly why you should keep believing in God!

Therefore, since we have a great high priest...let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. Hebrews 4:14

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
let me remind you what Jesus said to them, the many referred to in b.22, “I NEVER KNEW YOU”.
It's not as simple and straightforward as Osas would like to think it is.

Because Jesus is referring to the common people that associated with him in the streets (see Luke 13:26-27), the operation of their gifts does suggest that they would have had to be saved in order to have those gifts, as opposed to receiving them by virtue of possessing an official office apart from salvation (i.e. Caiaphas, John 11:51-53. And of course, Judas). Or their gifts were fake. We just don't know. Add to that, we don't know if Jesus is talking about 'knowing' them in salvation, or 'knowing' them in an intimate relationship, because the Bible does refer to 'knowing' meaning either salvation or intimacy of relationship. We see in the Parable of the Sower that the word of God failed to grow after it was planted in the second type of soil because of immaturity and lack of depth. So 'I never knew you', in the context of the whole counsel of the Bible is not necessarily the conclusive proof that they were never saved that Osas claims it is.

That is your opinion on that. But Jesus is telling them about “many” on judgment day. So He is speaking on a generally and not specific to those he met on the streets.

<<<Add to that, we don't know if Jesus is talking about 'knowing' them in salvation, or 'knowing' them in an intimate relationship, because the Bible does refer to 'knowing' meaning either salvation or intimacy of relationship.>>>

Of course He is talking about knowing them, in terms of personal relationship as also in salvation. For Jesus said He knows His sheep.

<<<We see in the Parable of the Sower that the word of God failed to grow after it was planted in the second type of soil because of immaturity and lack of depth. So 'I never knew you', in the context of the whole counsel of the Bible is not necessarily the conclusive proof that they were never saved that Osas claims it is.>>>

The parable of the sower does not apply here. We can’t just apply a parable in any situation or subject. We are considering a passage about entering the kingdom of heaven, not fruit bearing nor about the seed, that is, the word of God.

Tong
R3234

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Once Saved Always Saved

Ask yourself ~ It is possible for me to walk away from God right now today? Even if the Answer is No, could you still make that choice if you really desired to?

What does it mean for to be saved?

What are you saved to, or what are you saved from?

Are you always safe by placing your mind on heavenly things?

It it possible for us to lose focus from time to time? Even to the point of walking away from being saved? From a human perspective is it possible?
<<<Ask yourself ~ It is possible for me to walk away from God right now today? Even if the Answer is No, could you still make that choice if you really desired to?>>>

I did. And as for me, the answer is NO. And my answer to the second question is still NO. That desire is simply not with me.

I said this before and I don’t expect all to agree. I have already made up my mind regarding Jesus Christ long ago. I have put my faith in Him and put my full reliance, trust and confidence in Him. So, that matter is no
long there for me, hanging around, to consider and decide upon. If this is still coming to one, as an open ended matter, it only means that, that person had truly not been converted yet. His conversion will come, when it comes.

<<<What does it mean for to be saved?

What are you saved to, or what are you saved from?
>>>

To be not numbered among those who shall be thrown into the lake of fire. To have life, even eternal life with God. To experience no sin and evil. To have a loving personal living relationship with my creator.

Saved from death, hell, sin, evil, pain, greed, pride,.....

<<<Are you always safe by placing your mind on heavenly things?>>>

I am always and forever safe in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior through the faith that God had given me.

<<<It it possible for us to lose focus from time to time?>>>

Yes. That is called sin.

<<<Even to the point of walking away from being saved?>>>

Not for me. Apparently there are those who believe that that is possible with them. And because it is with them, they could only believe that it is necessarily so with everybody.

<<<From a human perspective is it possible?>>>

Yes.

Tong
R3235

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is exactly why you should keep believing in God!

Therefore, since we have a great high priest...let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. Hebrews 4:14
Ferris, can you break any thing that's sealed by God Almighty? Can I?
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
I believe there's only one that can open any of those seals...
Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Revelation 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
This isn't about a person overpowering God. This is about God releasing the person who does not want to believe in him anymore.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He is talking about knowing them, in terms of personal relationship as also in salvation. For Jesus said He knows His sheep.
Paul said God knew the Galatians. Yet, they fell away. Their example defies everything you are claiming about the strength and surety of God's word and God's faith in a person....

But now that you know God—or rather are known by Godhow is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces d ? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! Galatians 4:9-10
Don't get me wrong. God's word and God's faith is strong and it is sure, but only to the person who retains it.....

As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 1 John 2:24

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't about a person overpowering God. This is about God releasing the person who does not want to believe in him anymore.
Oh, gee whiz... Really??? Nope, don't think so... My Savior said they will never perish. Never does mean never doesn't it? Or does it mean something else???
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 4:30 - And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for/unto the day of redemption.

I'm searching for a verse in the Bible that says we can become UN-sealed but I still can't find it. ;)

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 4:30 - And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for/unto the day of redemption.

I'm searching for a verse in the Bible that says we can become UN-sealed but I still can't find it. ;)
Well, okey dokey. You let me know when you find that. Okay???

Reactions: mailmandan

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, gee whiz... Really??? Nope, don't think so... My Savior said they will never perish. Never does me never doesn't it? Or does it mean something else???
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
This is true for the person who is believing, not for the person who stops believing, or never really believed. Never means never—for the believer, not the unbeliever.

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true for the person who is believing, not for the person who stops believing, or never really believed. Never means never—for the believer, not the unbeliever.
Oh come on now. Quit basing our salvation on us. Even though we fail, even in believing, God is still able. For by grace are ye saved!!! It has nothing to do with what we do because it's not of, or by us...
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
John 10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
read on further and gain understanding

Jhn 10:18 - No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
Jhn 10:19 - There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
Jhn 10:20 - And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
Jhn 10:21 - Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

Christ out of his own mouth says that he was sent for the lost sheep of Israel. That being the commandment of his father. Further in the text you see a division between those of the Jews that believe on him and didn’t. Those who didn’t believe were not in the fold that would become one flock through the washing by the word
Did I say that Christ did not say that? By quoting John 10:15-16, I just showed you what Jesus revealed there concerning His sheep. Apparently you have a different take on that passage and take the “other” sheep as not referring to Gentile sheep. I on the other hand, in harmony with scriptures, take the “other” sheep in v16 as referring to the sheep of Jesus that are from the Gentiles.

I will not here go prove that to you. It’s off topic.

Tong
R3236

Reactions: The Parson

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. While we ought to walking by and after the Spirit, it is not so to continue to be forgiven. Rather it is because it is who we are, having been created anew by God in Christ Jesus.

Tong
R3232
Scripture says differently...
One who has been born from above receives the Spirit.
So one has been Reconciled by His death because they believed........
But as We live on, in this life and now are alive physically....we are continually saved by His resurrected...Life as we continue to walk by His Spirit.

What you are saying is there is no need to repent...you are also saying that Jesus didn't mean what He said....when He said if you confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive you........What did He say to...His Chosen, if thy people who are called by my name shall seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sins.

Under the New Covenant First Peter Speaks of the Baptism that saves us Now....
Nope. While we ought to walking by and after the Spirit, it is not so to continue to be forgiven. Rather it is because it is who we are, having been created anew by God in Christ Jesus.

Tong
R3232
I think I'll stick with scriptures

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble,

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. … If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
The seeds are the sons of the kingdom.
The kingdom of Heaven and the sons of the kingdom of heaven are the children of Israel

john1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Yes, but not the children according to the flesh. Read Roman 9, starting on v.6

Tong
R3237

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again places you in His kingdom. It's not about your behavior. If it were, well, who's good enough?

Much love!
Salvation is about your regeneration Justification and Sanctification.
1 Thess 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.