Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said in your post #5365 and I quote you below:

“But the fact is they knew of Jesus.
And that word [knew]does imply an intimate relationship”

Tong
R3265
Yes they knew of....as you may know of a celebrity...but you don't have a relationship...

I

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said in your post #5365 and I quote you below:

“But the fact is they knew of Jesus.
And that word [knew]does imply an intimate relationship”

Tong
R3265
And then ....with "and" I was referring to the passage being discussed...you know the one at hand..."I never "knew" you, you worker of iniquity "

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's called 'having faith'. So it isn't about a man saving himself by works. It's about a man continuing to trust and believe in that which does the saving.

A man continuing...is the mans effort.
A man converted....is by Gods POWER.

Having FAITH?
Men don't "have faith because of they feel like it".
FAITH is a gift from God...
* Hear Gods Word...God gives a man a BIT, a small measure of Faith.
* Heartfully confess your True Belief....God gives a man FAITH-FULLNESS...ONCE and FOREVER.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't they not enter the promise Land?

Why did Samson lose His power

Why was there a plague put on His people

One really can go on and on

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man continuing...is the mans effort.
A man converted....is by Gods POWER.

Having FAITH?
Men don't "have faith because of they feel like it".
FAITH is a gift from God...
* Hear Gods Word...God gives a man a BIT, a small measure of Faith.
* Heartfully confess your True Belief....God gives a man FAITH-FULLNESS...ONCE and FOREVER.
Here may be an example...

My Friend is Fat and her doctor says she needs to exercise or she will die. I have a gift sent to her house. She opens the door to receive it. It is Her Salvation,[what can deliver her] A treadmill. But it will not save her unless She decides to get on it.....

As the Ark would save those from the flood...
It is their salvation. But if no one gets in It, it would save (deliver)no one.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My Friend is Fat and her doctor says she needs to exercise or she will die. I have a gift sent to her house. She opens the door to receive it. It is Her Salvation,[what can deliver her] A treadmill. But it will not save her unless She decides to get on it.....

Without faith it is impossible to please God...
We must exercise faith....put it into action
That is how you come to know what we have.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How many times does a person Receive the Gods Gift of Salvation?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without faith it is impossible to please God...
We must exercise faith....put it into action
That is how you come to know what we have.

So, "must" exercise faith, put it into action...?
HOW for example?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How Old were you when you BEGAN to Hear the Gospel?
The actual gospel, about 20 or 21 years old.

How Long, did you Hear the Gospel, before YOU made a Heartful Confession of that Belief?
In perspective...an Hour? A Week? A Year? 5 Years?
It was a year or two before I received and retained the word, in faith, and was born again.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven (Temptation is not a sin)

Now, what if they had went way past temptation and stopped and gleefully took it all in? Same answer......heaven. You mentioned nothing about them being in a state of unbelief, so as stupid and as weak as they may have been by stopping, they are not sinning as the result of unbelief but because of weakness. So off to heaven the angels carried both of them when they died. Christ remained faithful even though they were faithless (2 Timothy 2:13).

See, you and I both agree that Hebrews 10:26 is talking about unbelievers. The difference between you and I is I say the willfully sinning Christ rejecter of Hebrews 10:26 used to believe. Now he doesn't. Now he sins willfully because he doesn't care about the forgiveness of sin he had received in Christ. He has no sacrifice remaining to cover the sinning he has chosen to go back to in his unbelief. Now all he has left to look forward to is his destruction when Jesus comes back. He no longer has the blood of Christ to protect him from the wrath of God. He forsook that and went back to his sin in unbelief. They denied Christ so Christ will deny them (2 Timothy 2:12).

I don’t want to beat this thing to death, but let’s get down to the nitty - gritty here......

A man is Saved.....he is married and gives into the Temptation to commit Adultery....he has a heart- attack and dies during the very act itself ....
He did not repent before he died....where is he today? Heaven Of Hell ?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man is Saved.....he is married and gives into the Temptation to commit Adultery....he has a heart- attack and dies during the very act itself ....
He did not repent before he died....where is he today? Heaven Of Hell ?
Well, you said he is saved, so he would go to heaven.

But if he had committed adultery as the result of a decision to not believe anymore he would go to hell.

Reactions: Hemlock

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven’t you done that yet?
I did that way back in 1986.

And if you’ll do that, please do not forget what Jesus and scriptures said about what true believing is.
For the purpose of this discussion let's not forget what the scriptures say to those who believe.......

...you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either. Romans 11:20-21

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, "must" exercise faith, put it into action...?
HOW for example?
II Peter 1: “Now since you have become partakers of the divine nature, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge; and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness; and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.”.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
That’s what I’ve been telling you. At last you got it now. And it does not mean you actually have what it is you profess.
It means you think it does. It does not mean you're not sure it does. It means you think it does.
Yes. That is the presumption. The point being is that, it does not mean you actually have what you profess.

Tong
R3269

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
But do you believe that salvation is a works gospel, God’s work and not man’s?
No, lol. I know that you are only capable of hearing 'works' and 'salvation' in the same discussion as 'works gospel'. I'm completely aware of this. Even when it's explained to you that it doesn't mean that. That's why I call Osas a cult.
It always reach to this point where you start to get to attack not the post but the poster. That’s sad.

Tong
R3270

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Faith isn’t that save nor change a person. God does.
Let's not start with this foolish rationalization. Behold has been annoying me with this for weeks now. Faith is the one and only way that a person gets that which saves and changes him.
Foolish? Nope. It isn’t foolish at all to point out that it is God that saves and change a person. Faith could not do that. To say that faith could is what for me is foolishness.

It is not the person that changes him, but God. It is not the person that saves him, but God.

Tong
R3271

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let’s try this one more time ...we are not on the same page.....what you are talking about is not what I call “Lucky Repentance” ....let me try to illustrate it for the Fiftieth time:

Two men driving down the Highway......both are great guys...they’ve dotted ALL of the “ I’s”, crossed ALL of the “ T’s “ ——- Born Again, Saved, Baptized , Spirit-Filled, every sin they ever committed was Repented Of and Please, if I have left anything out , throw “ that” in there also....

They are driving down the road and some beautiful girls are holding placards advertising a topless car- wash and they are not leaving much to the imagination, if you know what I mean...Both men have lustful thoughts as they encounter this scene —- and I mean “REALLY” Lustful !

Well, as fortune would have it, they both have sudden heart- attacks! They die instantly. One Of The guys had the “ luck” to utter a little prayer of guilty, sorrow, and repentance right before he died .The other guy had no such luck—- he just died.

Now we “ know” the Man with the timely fortune to Repent went to Heaven.But what about the other guy? What happened to him? Some say he was damned because there was Unrepentant Sin on his record.....what say you? Your answer will let me know if you believe in “ Lucky Repentance” or not...

So just give me a one- word answer.....where is the second guy—- Heaven or Hell ?
Repent of your evil heresy!

Reactions: kcnalp

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<Ask yourself ~ It is possible for me to walk away from God right now today? Even if the Answer is No, could you still make that choice if you really desired to?>>>

I did. And as for me, the answer is NO. And my answer to the second question is still NO. That desire is simply not with me.

I said this before and I don’t expect all to agree. I have already made up my mind regarding Jesus Christ long ago. I have put my faith in Him and put my full reliance, trust and confidence in Him. So, that matter is no
long there for me, hanging around, to consider and decide upon. If this is still coming to one, as an open ended matter, it only means that, that person had truly not been converted yet. His conversion will come, when it comes.

<<<What does it mean for to be saved?

What are you saved to, or what are you saved from?
>>>

To be not numbered among those who shall be thrown into the lake of fire. To have life, even eternal life with God. To experience no sin and evil. To have a loving personal living relationship with my creator.

Saved from death, hell, sin, evil, pain, greed, pride,.....

<<<Are you always safe by placing your mind on heavenly things?>>>

I am always and forever safe in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior through the faith that God had given me.

<<<It it possible for us to lose focus from time to time?>>>

Yes. That is called sin.

<<<Even to the point of walking away from being saved?>>>

Not for me. Apparently there are those who believe that that is possible with them. And because it is with them, they could only believe that it is necessarily so with everybody.

<<<From a human perspective is it possible?>>>

Yes.

Tong
R3235
Repent of your evil heresy!

Reactions: kcnalp
Status
Not open for further replies.