Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The Parson said:
Oh come on now. Quit basing our salvation on us. Even though we fail, even in believing, God is still able. For by grace are ye saved!!! It has nothing to do with what we do because it's not of, or by us...
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
It has to do with our believing.
It has to do with Jesus Christ and the grace of God.

Tong
R3251

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that scriptures says differently. For I got from scriptures. We just have a different reading of scriptures.

<<<What you are saying is there is no need to repent...>>>

I don’t know where you got that.

<<<you are also saying that Jesus didn't mean what He said....when He said if you confess your sins He is faithful and just to forgive you.....>>>

Of course I did not say that nor dare say that here.

If you think you need that exhortation, then that is for you. So take it.

Tong
R3250
Most definitely "I" will! For 2 Titus says

Every scripture 1is inspired by God 2 and useful for teaching, for reproof, 3 for correction, and for training in righteousness,

And

1 Titus 4:13 states:

Until I come, give attention to the public reading of scripture, 1 to exhortation, to teaching.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
As I pointed out, what they profess to hope is what Paul was referring to. And that does not necessarily mean that what they profess, they actually have
Why would the writer tell them to hold firmly to and keep believing in a hope they do not have? Wouldn't he rather tell them to be born again?
For the nth time in answering the same question, read what the writer wrote “to the hope that we profess”, “to what we profess”. You take that as necessarily saying they have what they profess. That is the problem.

If you profess to have faith God, and I told you hold on to that which you profess, it does not mean that I am saying that you actually have what it is you profess.

Tong
R3252

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Well, Jesus is both my security and my assurance. And I know and believe that He lives in me. How could I ever desire to lose Him? Why I am secured and assured is all of that.

<<<That's how you know you have the Holy Spirit in you in salvation.....by how you act.>>>

Perhaps. But that is not as assuring as Jesus being in me.

Besides what you say there is about the matter of “knowing”, different from what is is already actually is. And knowing that, sure is a good thing and uplifts. But it is not that which make the reality that one have the Holy Spirit or not.
Of course knowing Is....
What do you want to say?

Tong
R3253

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, as I said... Splitting hairs off a bald man.
Unfortunately you see it is important to those who said they do not understand the word "knew"...and splitting hairs does not apply here...[smile] nor did it apply earlier.
Good try...But I do not think you are reading the discussions....

I was giving the RESEARCH already done...

One word is in Greek and one in Hebrew...
And they mean the same.... so where my friend is the so called "splitting of hairs "?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I am not getting that?
That you can not separate works from salvation. And how that is not a works gospel.
Salvation never was about your works or mine. Salvation is not about our works.

Okay, Salvation is actually a works gospel. Only that it is not a man’s work, but God’s. In that sense, works cannot be separated from salvation.

Tong
R3254

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
All it means is that Jesus was telling is that true believing is one that is continuing and enduring, not that which comes from man which is not.
Well, the Galatians had true believing and they didn't continue and endure.
Then you still don’t get what Jesus said about what a true believing is. It may come.

Tong
R3255

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that whenever it is revealed we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is. 3:3 And everyone who has this hope focused on him purifies himself, just as Jesus is pure). 1 John

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Jesus didn't do the works He did to earn His resurrection but because He loved His Father and wanted to please Him.

Do you agree...

When you make your bed up...are you earning anything. When you help your mother out by moving the couch is your motive always to earn? Or because you love her?

So no, all deed are not the same....before the people believed the Source was their natural ability[flesh] to keep the Law.....

But scriptures give the reason why That didn't work. And men would definitely have something to boast about. So it is God who justifies and is the Justifier of all. And all boasting would be in Him.

As Paul said not I, but Christ who lives in me
Jesus did not earn His resurrection. Who told you that?

Tong
R3257

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Thank you so much OSASers for saying I can NEVER be unsaved! Wish I could say the same for you.
Don’t thank them. Thank Jesus Christ. Thank the Father. Thank the Holy Spirit. Thank God who keeps you safe with Him.

Tong
R3258

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
My Jesus, whom the scriptures speaks and preach about, is the one who said “I never knew you”. Now my Jesus is not a liar and He knows everything and every man. But my Jesus does not have a personal experiential relationship with everybody. I believe in what my Jesus said in scriptures, that He never knew them.
Thank you so much for saying I can NEVER be unsaved! Wish I could say the same for OSASers!
Don’t thank me. Thank God who saved you and keeps you.

Tong
R3259

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
My Jesus, whom the scriptures speaks and preach about, is the one who said “I never knew you”. Now my Jesus is not a liar and He knows everything and every man. But my Jesus does not have a personal experiential relationship with everybody. I believe in what my Jesus said in scriptures, that He never knew them.
But the fact is they knew of Jesus...
And that word [knew]does imply an intimate relationship
Do you truly think it is a fact they knew Jesus, as having a personal relationship with Him? That is problematic. Because of you listen to what Jesus said, that He never knew them, then a personal relationship between them and Jesus isn’t a fact, for Jesus never lies.

Tong
R3260

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
We have been through this already. Paul, who does not have the divine power of knowing the hearts of men, could only presume and take every one who profess belief in Christ to be true converts. I know we don’t agree on this. So there is no need to argue on that here.
And so you do not believe the book of Galatians is inspired, then!
I believe all scriptures is inspired. And Galatians is part of that.

Tong
R3261

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you truly think it is a fact they knew Jesus, as having a personal relationship with Him? That is problematic. Because of you listen to what Jesus said, that He never knew them, then a personal relationship between them and Jesus isn’t a fact, for Jesus never lies.

Tong
R3260
Tong-Do you truly think it is a fact they knew Jesus, as having a personal relationship with Him?

Did I ever say it was a fact?....Did I ever even say they had a relationship?

Nope....so why are you posing this question to me?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
We have been through this already. Paul, who does not have the divine power of knowing the hearts of men, could only presume and take every one who profess belief in Christ to be true converts. Besides, scriptures does not say anything about what became of those Galatians after that. I know we don’t agree on this. So there is no need to argue on that here.
I'll take Paul's word over OSASers any day!
Same here.

Tong
R3262

Status
Not open for further replies.