Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t thank them. Thank Jesus Christ. Thank the Father. Thank the Holy Spirit. Thank God who keeps you safe with Him.

Tong
R3258
I thank God for saving me and I thank OSASers for saying I can NEVER be unsaved, even though the Bible says no such thing.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is actually a works gospel. Only that it is not a man’s work, but God’s. In that sense, works cannot be separated from salvation.
What we're talking about here is works can not be separated from salvation because the faith that saves is the faith that changes a person into someone who works. If it doesn't, then you don't have the faith that justifies all by itself apart from the merit of works. Even the very first Osas teaching in the church taught this. Now we have this new Osas that says true faith doesn't have to change you into a person who works. It claims that dead is the kind of faith that justifies, too. Which is completely opposite to what even Paul himself said about the faith that justifies.....

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

The church now believes that the faith that doesn't express itself through love (obedience to God) counts, too.

Reactions: Corlove13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I know who I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able, to keep that which I've delivered unto Him against that day.
Amen. 'Persuaded'. You are 'believing'. If you stopped believing you would no longer have the benefit of that which your believing solicits. Can you stop believing? I don't know. I don't know you. I just know the Bible tells us to keep believing. And that some do, and some don't. That's what matters.

Reactions: Corlove13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you profess to have faith God, and I told you hold on to that which you profess, it does not mean that I am saying that you actually have what it is you profess.
What it means is you presume that I have what you are telling me to hold on to. If you thought I did not, you'd be telling me to get born again.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Then you still don’t get what Jesus said about what a true believing is. It may come.
You can choose to truly believe, or choose not to truly believe.
Haven’t you done that yet? And if you’ll do that, please do not forget what Jesus and scriptures said about what true believing is.

Tong
R3263

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's called 'having faith'. So it isn't about a man saving himself by works. It's about a man continuing to trust and believe in that which does the saving.

You still don't get it.
Faith is a gift from God.
A measure (little bit, A taste) of Faith is given ANY man "FOR Hearing".
That man begins BELIEVING, Because of the measure of Faith given him.
That man....
IS WARNED...Keep Believing...
That man....
IS TOLD...HOW TO KEEP BELIEVING....
...Keep HEARING, Keep Receiving measures of faith.
That man....IS NOT SAVED.
That man....AT ANY time can Become ..."influenced" by other Sources...
...Satan, Government leaders, movie stars, well known people, neighbors, school teachers, parents, spouse, friends....THAT DO NOT BELIEVE and try to Influence them there is no God, Christ, Jesus, HS, Savior.
That man....AT ANY TIME can STOP Hearing, STOP receiving measures of Faith, and IS CALLED...fallen From FAITH.
That man...is in danger of Losing his Salvation....BECAUSE HE NEVER ACCEPTED the Salvation the Lord Offered to him (and Every man).

ANY man, who HAS ACCEPTED the Salvation the Lord has Offered (to ALL men)...
Becomes made "CHANGED".
His gifted "measure" of faith is: FAITH-FULLNESS.
That man, IS CONVERTED.
That man, has the POWER of GOD "IN" him.
NO ONE...has the power to "INFLUENCE" that man to "REJECT" God, Christ, Jesus, HS.

You Preach, a man MUST KEEP his (faith, salvation) AFTER he has received it.
* WHICH MEANS.... THAT man can LOSE his Salvation, BECAUSE OF HIS OWN LACK OF POWER TO KEEP IT.

* I totally Disagree.
* IT IS GODS POWER "IN" a (Converted) man that "KEEPS" the mans SALVATION, BELIEF, FAITHFULNESS TO GOD....FOREVER.
No one has POWER GREATER then GOD.
No one has the POWER to TAKE away a (Converted) mans FAITHFULLNESS, BELIEF, SALVATION.

To claim otherwise, IS claiming, you have greater POWER than God....IS claiming, you can be SAVED, and you can unsave yourself.
* Which I believe is Scriputrally FALSE.
* Which is ALSO the premise...OSAS...
Once you ARE Saved, you ARE Saved forever.

Not once have you Scripturally proved otherwise.

Reactions: The Parson

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong-Do you truly think it is a fact they knew Jesus, as having a personal relationship with Him?

Did I ever say it was a fact?....Did I ever even say they had a relationship?

Nope....so why are you posing this question to me?
You said in your post #5365 and I quote you below:

“But the fact is they knew of Jesus.
And that word [knew]does imply an intimate relationship”

Tong
R3265

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I thank God for saving me and I thank OSASers for saying I can NEVER be unsaved, even though the Bible says no such thing.
Very well then go ahead thank them and do not thank God for that. And speaking about giving thanks, perhaps you may as well thank yourself for keeping yourself saved, at least until today. Who knows, at the end, you would finally, for the last time, say thanks to yourself for keeping yourself saved. In the mean time, pray that tomorrow and the day after, you will keep yourself saved, if God wills.

Tong
R3266

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Salvation is actually a works gospel. Only that it is not a man’s work, but God’s. In that sense, works cannot be separated from salvation.
What we're talking about here is works can not be separated from salvation because the faith that saves is the faith that changes a person into someone who works. If it doesn't, then you don't have the faith that justifies all by itself apart from the merit of works. Even the very first Osas teaching in the church taught this. Now we have this new Osas that says true faith doesn't have to change you into a person who works. It claims that dead is the kind of faith that justifies, too. Which is completely opposite to what even Paul himself said about the faith that justifies.....

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

The church now believes that the faith that doesn't express itself through love (obedience to God) counts, too.
But do you believe that salvation is a works gospel, God’s work and not man’s?

<<<faith that saves is the faith that changes a person into someone who works. >>>

Faith isn’t that save nor change a person. God does.

Tong
R3267

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
If you profess to have faith God, and I told you hold on to that which you profess, it does not mean that I am saying that you actually have what it is you profess.
What it means is you presume that I have what you are telling me to hold on to. If you thought I did not, you'd be telling me to get born again.
That’s what I’ve been telling you. At last you got it now. And it does not mean you actually have what it is you profess.

Tong
R3268

Reactions: HisLife

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man must retain that which has changed him and saved him. 1 John 2:24

1 John 2:
[24] Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

What abides IN you that you heard from the beginning?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:
[24] Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

What abides IN you that you heard from the beginning?
"Which ye have heard from the beginning"—that's what you are to let abide in you. You are to let the message of the gospel that you received remain in you.

Paul says the same thing......

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:2

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But do you believe that salvation is a works gospel, God’s work and not man’s?
No, lol. I know that you are only capable of hearing 'works' and 'salvation' in the same discussion as 'works gospel'. I'm completely aware of this. Even when it's explained to you that it doesn't mean that. That's why I call Osas a cult.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith isn’t that save nor change a person. God does.
Let's not start with this foolish rationalization. Behold has been annoying me with this for weeks now. Faith is the one and only way that a person gets that which saves and changes him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Which ye have heard from the beginning"—that's what you are to let abide in you. You are to let the message of the gospel that you received remain in you.

Paul says the same thing......

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:2

You telling me what Scripture says, is not an answer to the question.
The question was "WHAT did YOU Hear in the beginning, that still abides IN YOU."

Reactions: HisLife

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The GOSPEL.

Okay, thanks.
How Old were you when you BEGAN to Hear the Gospel?
How Long, did you Hear the Gospel, before YOU made a Heartful Confession of that Belief?
In perspective...an Hour? A Week? A Year? 5 Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.