Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is, what Paul stated there is a plain statement of truth concerning the given law, that there was no law given that could give life. Any Christian would have no difficulty understanding that.

If you ask yourself, was there a law given that could give life? The answer is simple, None. Period. Nothing could make that even more clear. Unless.....

Tong
R3345
Like I said, it can't give life because we can't keep it, not because it can't give life if you did keep it.....

I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Romans 7:10-13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And here again affirmed your take on the babes in Christ, the immature children of God. There goes the babes in Christ, the little children of God, who died deceived by false teachers in their immaturity
Not all babes in Christ, as you seem to be twisting what I'm saying to be. Just the babes in Christ who get led astray to destruction......

42“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea. 43If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. [44] b 45And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. [46] c 47And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell... Mark 9:42-46

Biblically, it is the immature in Christ that may or may not retain the word of God in them to the end. They are the ones most at risk for failure. Mature fruit bearing believers are the ones who are likely to retain the word of God in them to the end. Just the fact that they've arrived at such a place in Christ testifies to their determination to remain in Christ.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What life was Moses talking about that the law would give
Deuteronomy 28:1-13
Leviticus 26:3-13
Deuteronomy 7:12-15

If you read the curses for not obeying the commands of God you'll see further blessings of God by how they are forfeited by not obeying God's commands.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law was given to show that you can’t keep it.....it was given to “ shut you up” and turn to The Savior.....Legalist, Religionists and Tares still haven’t learned to “ Shut Up” when it comes to making claims that obedience to the Law can Save a person...

Deuteronomy 5:29 says:

O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Reactions: Corlove13

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. If I'm reading you right, you understand what I'm saying correctly. We will face situations and circumstances that will test us to see if we want to believe in God or not. The more mature and intimate we become with Christ the more likely we will pass the test and choose to continue to believe. I even think there is a point of maturity that we can come to where we will never go back no matter what.
The Bible even has a term for it. It's call sealing. It comes from having one's own mind so saturated and assimilated by the Word that we are actually living out Christ's life as though He was thinking for us.

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 5:29 says:
O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

And that's what it's about.......a New heart...

Matthew 23

First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

Matthew 13:33

Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend(s), is not the Solution to Confusion recognizing
God's Differences Between "HIS Relationship With us," And
"our fellowship with HIM!"?

God's Will, Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE? Very Simply:

(1) God Establishes HIS Eternal Relationship With those who humbly:
believe, 100% trust, place Total faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST, HIS
Death {Precious BLOOD}, Burial, And HIS Resurrection, According To The
Scriptures! (
1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5 KJB!)

"GRACE Through faith" In The Merits Of HIS
Precious And ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Results:

All sins Forgiven, HIS Eternal Life, And, Peace With God!
{This Is
Eternal DELIVERANCE From the PENALTY of sin!}

ETERNAL Justification First, And, THEN:

(2) The believer SHOULD do "good works" {Which will NEVER
EQUAL CHRIST's
PAYMENT For the above PENALTY of sin!},
for Which we Are Created In CHRIST JESUS, to perform for HIM,
having "been Called into
fellowship With HIM!" Amen?:

We "work out OUR OWN salvation" {This SHOULD Be a
lifetime of DELIVERANCE From the POWER of sin!}
Sanctification:

(2a) Fulfil ALL Of His Law, In "ONE Word: LOVE your neighbor
as yourself!" (
Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10 KJB!)

(2b) Study HIS Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, to show
yourself
Approved Unto God! (2 Timothy 2:15 KJB!)

Eternal Results: reward {or loss} (1 Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!),
ruling and reigning With CHRIST, Which Will FINALLY Be At
The Judgment Day:

(3) CHRIST's GLORIFICATION of All "members" Of HIS Body!!
{This Is
Eternal DELIVERANCE From the PRESENCE of sin!}
Amen?

----------------------------------
Conclusion:
BIG Differences Between God's Relationship And our fellowship!
Correct?

More here:
God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!
God's Eternal Assurance

Precious friend(s): Please Be Very Richly Blessed!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friends, So Sorry to Inform you this will have to be GOOD BYE
{will STILL PRAY for you, though...} to ferris b, charlie24, corlove13,
wrangler, justbyfaith{?/post# 666?}, barneyfife, kcnalp, and Did I mention
ferris? bueller? Are you there? {God LOVES YOU ALL!}, all those who
{have conditions}, and, (2Co 13 : 5),will not accept:

"GRACE Through faith" In CHRIST, And In The Merits
Of HIS MOST Precious And ALL-Sufficient BLOOD

for HIS TOTAL PAYMENT For ALL SIN! Because, I now MUST:

Obey {for reward In Heaven!} God’s Plain Commands In:
Romans 16 : 17-18; 2 Thessalonians 3 : 6, 14; 1 Thessalonians 4 : 8!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Precious friend(s), 101g, marks, pearl, tong2020, HisLife, taken:
Keep “...showing yourselves Approved” (2 Timothy 2 : 15!), And:

Some Sweet And GLORIOUS Day!!:

See you ALL in God’s Great GloryLand! ↑ :) ♫ Be Blessed!

Reactions: HisLife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend(s), is not the Solution to Confusion recognizing
God's Differences Between "HIS Relationship With us," And
"our fellowship with HIM!"?

God's Will, Today, Under HIS PURE GRACE? Very Simply:

(1) God Establishes HIS Eternal Relationship With those who humbly:
believe, 100% trust, place Total faith, In The LORD JESUS CHRIST, HIS
Death {Precious BLOOD}, Burial, And HIS Resurrection, According To The
Scriptures! (
1 Corinthians 15:3-4; cp Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 3-5 KJB!)

"GRACE Through faith" In The Merits Of HIS
Precious And ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Results:

All sins Forgiven, HIS Eternal Life, And, Peace With God!
{This Is
Eternal DELIVERANCE From the PENALTY of sin!}

ETERNAL Justification First, And, THEN:

(2) The believer SHOULD do "good works" {Which will NEVER
EQUAL CHRIST's
PAYMENT For the above PENALTY of sin!},
for Which we Are Created In CHRIST JESUS, to perform for HIM,
having "been Called into
fellowship With HIM!" Amen?:

We "work out OUR OWN salvation" {This SHOULD Be a
lifetime of DELIVERANCE From the POWER of sin!}
Sanctification:

(2a) Fulfil ALL Of His Law, In "ONE Word: LOVE your neighbor
as yourself!" (
Galatians 5:14; Romans 13:8-10 KJB!)

(2b) Study HIS Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, to show
yourself
Approved Unto God! (2 Timothy 2:15 KJB!)

Eternal Results: reward {or loss} (1 Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!),
ruling and reigning With CHRIST, Which Will FINALLY Be At
The Judgment Day:

(3) CHRIST's GLORIFICATION of All "members" Of HIS Body!!
{This Is
Eternal DELIVERANCE From the PRESENCE of sin!}
Amen?

----------------------------------
Conclusion:
BIG Differences Between God's Relationship And our fellowship!
Correct?

More here:
God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST!
God's Eternal Assurance

Precious friend(s): Please Be Very Richly Blessed!
Our "good works" are simply a meager pittance of an offering. No sacrificial value whatsoever.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You read what He said ~ “I never knew you”.

It is not cut and dry for you I see.

Perhaps they are questions for one such as you. But Jesus said nothing more but “I never knew you”. Whether that is intimate or not, is immaterial to the point that Jesus never knew them.

Tong
R3338

The man that hears , “ I never knew you” is the Religionist ....that man who “ Aped” Christian Behavior , Thinking That by “ cleaning up his act” or “ turning over a New Leaf” with Will- Power instead of the Indwelling Holy Spirit, He could make Himself “ good enough” to merit Heaven....

Instead of putting his Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus Plus Nothing for His Salvation, and praising Jesus, he will be praising HIMSELF—— “ Hey, didn’t I do THIS , and didn’t I do THAT? Give me my Reward for all that Discipline and all that Self- Denial that I suffered through for all of those years ! Give me what I deserve !

They will discover that God is real easy to get along with.....he will grant them their wish and give them EXACTLY what they “ deserve “——- Hell.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You like to pick and choose the verses that fit YOUR OSAS doctrine.

Written to Christians:
Philippians 2:12 (NKJV)

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Lol.....and you guys DONT?...so now we see the latest Refusal to address the Verse that can’t be argued with by any Sane man.... I can argue against every Scripture you present ....Your side has Valid reasons to believe as you do.....you guys aren’t dumb.... I Used to think the same way that you do....you have roughly 200 VERSES that seem to support your view....They ALL have one of two problems—— they are either “ taken out of context” or they “ do not pertain to Members of the Body Of Christ....
200 verses that “ seem” to prove your case is nice.....unfortunately ,the OSAS Side has Double that amount of verses to prove their case.....roughly 400....

Your verses, admit it or not, can be argued with ....throw them out here and I might show you how I can argue against them as far as trying to prove one can lose their Salvation

The verses that OSAS defenders have in their “ Ammo” can’t be debated....they can’t be argued with by people that have a modicum Of common sense.....Nobody can argue with the Verse where Jesus proclaims Believers are ALREADY Saved and can NEVER come under Condemnation.....and what kind of Twisting can make “ this “ Verse invalid—— “ Anybody that ASKS to be Saved WILL BE SAVED” I thank my God that I don’t have to try to prove that that verse doesn’t mean what it clearly means....

God has done His best to show His Children, all that “ Turn to Him” , That they are secure in their Salvation because HE is the One that “ Will Finish what HE started” The Problem the Church World has is that too many are “ self-started” instead of “ God - Started”..... the difference is Heaven or Hell...

The Self Starter “ Changes” .....the God Starter is TRANSFORMED ....you had better learn the difference....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I haven't been frequenting this thread; but Blood Blot's name caught my attention...

...Nobody can argue with the Verse where Jesus proclaims Believers are ALREADY Saved and can NEVER come under Condemnation..

That would be John 5:24, correct? A parallel passage to that is John 10:27-30...

Where it is said that Jesus' sheep will never perish, have eternal life, and that no one can snatch them out of God's hand.

Seems like an airtight case for OSAS...

Until you realize that these promises (as well as the promise in John 5:24) apply to Jesus' sheep; whom Jesus knows (John 10:27).

Now, you have to consider here that if you are a worker of iniquity, Jesus never knew you (Matthew 7:23).

So, this would indicate that these promises of eternal security do not apply to the worker of iniquity.

So, it is not OSAS (where someone can go forward at a crusade or church service, live like hell afterwards, and then cannot lose their salvation)...

It applies to Jesus sheep, whom He knows...

It is POTS (where someone is genuinely born again, becomes a new creature in Christ, and continues to walk according to their new nature to the end of their days).

Truly, eternal security can be found in the following verses.

1Jo 3:6, Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 2:17, And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

...and what kind of Twisting can make “ this “ Verse invalid—— “ Anybody that ASKS to be Saved WILL BE SAVED”

That is no verse in the Bible...though it may be a twisting of Romans 10:13...

You have left out calling on the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for salvation (Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12); which is most important.

Those who ask Allah to save them, and/or those who ask God to save them apart from faith in Jesus Christ, will not be saved; and you have given them a false door by which to enter.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB, it isn't about being good enough. It's about being different today than you were yesterday. Growth. Increase. That's what confirms your calling and election. It's right there in 2 Peter 1:5-11.

I'm at work and can't spend time reading everything, but I will later.

If you ignore what Peter said , he warned you what would happen—— you will “ stumble”. Stumbling is not good.It ain’t Damnation , however.....How much “ Growth” did the Thief on the Cross exhibit...Growth is great.....it’s not the Determining Factor in regard to Salvation.....Faith in the Gospel Plus Nothing determined “ that” ......Be Wise and grow or be unwise and refuse to grow....the choice is ours and has Nothing to do with Salvation....

Your “ proof” of Salvation is this: Do you pass Pauls Test ? “What think Ye Of Christ”.....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible even has a term for it. It's call sealing. It comes from having one's own mind so saturated and assimilated by the Word that we are actually living out Christ's life as though He was thinking for us.
That's an interesting definition for "sealing". I don't think it's correct to the language though.

But your following thought I just love!!

It comes from having one's own mind so saturated and assimilated by the Word that we are actually living out Christ's life as though He was thinking for us.

This is exactly IT!

Our thoughts become reflections of the Word.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife
Status
Not open for further replies.