Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is how it is earned. If grace has a requirement, then meeting that requirement is earned.

Said differently, except for all the exceptions, there are no exceptions. Just word play. If grace had no earned element, universalism would be proper doctrine.
You can’t earn grace it is freely given. We are saved by grace period, Eph 2.

you CAN reject grace.

that’s why it is not universal, because in the end. Many will reject it.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 9:24 Paul uses "running a race" as a metaphor for enduring to the end. You say you have the prize, therefore you don't need to run.
Paul spoke of running the race to complete the mission he was given, as we all should do. If Paul did not complete his task in that state in his life, I would be foolish to think I am done and have nothing else to do

not to earn salvation

I believe the issue is you have sanctification and justification mixed up

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no way to tell pretenders apart, not very assuring IMO.
That is absolutely right! At least in the beginning stages. Towards the end you perhaps can see them getting cold. But that is a big part of what I am saying. Just because they proclaim to be Christians doesn't mean they are. Those that endure properly prove they are.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is absolutely right! At least in the beginning stages. Towards the end you perhaps can see them getting cold. But that is a big part of what I am saying. Just because they proclaim to be Christians doesn't mean they are. Those that endure properly prove they are.
What about prodigal children? I was one for 5 years, was I still my fathers child?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agreed, but those who endure properly don't have anything to prove.

Reactions: FHII

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think you understand what I said

how does faith and enduring till the end relate?

one is the work of God, the other is our own work.

I recieve eternal life the moment I place my faith in Christ, not after enduring till the end.
No, I understand what you said and even more so after this post. I just don't agree with it. You said you received eternal life the moment you placed your faith in Christ. Fine! I agree. But what happens if you lose and renounce that faith tomorrow? Do you still have eternal life?

Fact is, God knows and declared the end from the beginning. He knew you would be caught up in the moment on Sunday and by friday you would change your mind. I may not have known it. The Pastor may not have known it, and you not have known it. But God did! Thus, it was never given to you to begin with.

Now, so you want a participation trophy?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I understand what you said and even more so after this post. I just don't agree with it. You said you received eternal life the monent you placed your faith in Christ. Fine! I agree. But what happens if you lose and renounce that faith tomorrow? Do you still have eternal life?
how could I have true saving faith one day and deny it the next? This makes no sense to me.
Fact is, Gos knows and declared the end frim the beginning. He knew tou would be caught up in the moment on Sunday and by friday you would change your mind. I may not have known it. The Pastor may not have known it, and you not have known it. But God did! Thus, it was never given to you to begin with.

Bow, so you want a participation trophy?
Yes, god knew it, he knew it before time began,

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus: for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall never die but has life eternal.

me: God, I know I am a sinner, I come to you bankrupt, knowing I can’t save myself and am totally worthy of judgment, I am crying out for your mercy and forgiveness, not based on who I am or what I have done or will do. But because of your mercy,

Jesus, here you go you are justified, sealed, and have eternal life. Because of what I did, it is a free gift you are correct, you could not earn it, Now endure till the end or I will take it back.

the world: rolls eyes, what a deceiver God is, he can take his gift, he can not be trusted,

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said this:

Matthew 10:28
[28] And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

If you can sin any sin you want and still be saved, WHO CARES ABOUT THIS LIFE!

As long as I will be in heaven while still sinning, who really cares what happens in this life.

Besides, even righteous people suffer in this life (see Job).

Your logic is flawed. Inspired by a flawed doctrine.

My “ logic is flawed ? Inspired by a “ flawed doctrine ? “....... these are your opinions.....nothing more.....they are worth exactly what I paid for them—-NOTHING.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, but those who endure properly don't have anything to prove.
I can agree to that. They must endure and by properly I mean their must have Truth. False doctrine will not cut it... At least as much as you have been taught.

Enduring to the end does prove it to God though. But he didn't need to see it to know because he declared it from the beginning.

He does want to see it though.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how could I have true saving faith one day and deny it the next? This makes no sense to me.
Of course it doesn't make sense to you. It doesn't make sense at all. It was never true saving faith to begin with. It was bastard wheat faith. It was a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof. It was good seed falling on stony ground and had no root.

You are absolutely correct. It makes no sense at all!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not.
I'm simply outting the truth out there - and stamping oiut YOUR lies so that those reading the posts won't be seduced by them.

The catholic motto.....” give us a child until they are seven and we got them for life.” That is perhaps the saddest and most truthful statement one could hear about Romanism....Thank God, I think some Catholics ,as they are putting on their socks to go to Mass, accidentally have their televisions tuned to a station that is broadcasting somebody like Charles Stanley and they inadvertently get to hear the Truth Of The Gospel and reject the “ Church of the Fallen From Grace And Don’t Know It“ and find Salvation without Adding to Paul’s Gospel with their Seven Sacraments, ” Boobatory” ( Purgatory) etc......hence , the entire Congregation”Falling from Grace”......
The “ Hound Of Heaven” finds ways around Romanism and some are blessed enough to escape it.....let’s thank God....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.