Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great! I'm a Bible believer. If you're right I can't be lost!

Just because you are a Bible believer does not mean you are saved! Just read about the devils, they believe and tremble.

Like I said earlier, OSASers are some of the most judgmental people on Earth.

No. You mistake OSAS believers who know the things of God to be babe in Christ.

I Corinthians 1-14:

1 ¶ And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching [was] not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 ¶ Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

To God Be The Glory

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't care less.

Thank God ..... I lived long enough to actually see somebody express that thought correctly.....People usually say erroneously , “I COULD care less”...... it’s a pet peeve of mine....
I hereby retract all that bad stuff that I said about catholic doctrine.....and yes, I know — you could care less..... lol.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith (or mere mental assent to the tenets of the gospel); but not a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14): don't have everlasting life.

They are saved (from sin and the kingdom of hell for a season; but not from an eternal hell); because they have faith (Luke 8:12, Ephesians 2:8-9); however they may not have everlasting life because they can fall away (Luke 8:13) and/or be cut off (Romans 11:20-22).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who brings a person to faith?

and what is a person believing when he comes to faith? Hebrews speaks of two mountains, mt siniah and mt Zion. Can a person be saved just by going to my zion, or should they go to both and why?
It helps to make the journey to Mt. Sinai first so that you can know to never return to the law as a means of being saved.

Visiting Mt. Sinai means having the law be brought to bear upon your heart as a schoolmaster to lead you to Christ.

But of course there is only salvation in Mt. Zion.

Mt. Sinai will only show you that you are a sinner in need of what Mt. Zion has to offer.

It is always good to get that behind your belt; so that you will never depart from Mt. Zion once you have arrived there.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woah! The hostility here is palpable. Purgatory is a great subject. Shouldn't it be another thread?

Damn straight! I am “hostile” to ANY Satanic “Doctrine Of Demons” That ship wrecks True Faith in the simple Gospel and sends Souls to Hell .
“Bread Of Life” is the most hateful, defensive , Sour individual that I have ever seen in these Forums....Any “Hostility” on my part is a response to hers.....
Do a little investigating of “ Purgatory” ....it will make you sick and utterly break your heart at the same time.....
It’s kinda like this in a nutshell......Somehow, Jesus declares you “ Good Enough” to Deserve Heaven because you didn’t exceed the limit on Mortal Sins or some such crapola and He lets you enter Heaven......However, later on, The Old Saints get hold of you and convince you that you would “ feel better” if you left Heaven and went to Purgatory where you can kinda “work off” some of those old sins that somehow the Blood Of Jesus and the Grace of God Could not take care of....after a thousand years or so of Torture, you get those old remaining sins taken care If and then you can return to Heaven, fully refreshed and “ feeling better” about yourself now that you are finally perfect.....The BIG Catholic LIE is that “ Perfection” can NOT be IMPUTED to you , so this Pure Perversion Of All Things Biblical leads to this Satanic , Infantile Pretend-Land where you become Co- Savior and “ help out “ the True Savior and Lord Of The Universe......as if He needed any of you pathetic “ help”
Anybody that is NOT offended by this Satanic Horse- Hockey and would not respond with “ Hostility” in regard to it has a problem —- NOT me.....
Satan giggles in delight about all of this.....he can’t “ Believe” that anybody bought this load of crap!
Confused, pathetically taught people sure make things easy for old Beelzebub , don’t they? Galatians proves that God will Damn those teachers that teach “ False, Perverted “ Gospels”...... Gospels that have been “ added to with Works “ .....I wonder what God holds in store for those that preach entire “Accursed” Fairy Tales? Most important of all—- What will Mary say !!! ??? Please.....give me a break...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very important to learn how to interpret scripture. Context, is crucial. One important question to start with is: Who is scripture addressing here? The title of the Book is Hebrews. The message preaches about Christ, their Messiah whom they have been waiting for, the Son of God, Who is above the angels, of whose rest they are to enter into (referencing Moses and the Israelites), our High Priest (in relation to the function of the Hebrew High Priest throughout their History).
Specifically it is addressing a mixed crowd if believers and unbelievers. The unelievers who are clinging to the Law and have had doubts about Christ as many in Jerusalem had.
Here is a quote from John MacaArthur about this very passage:
Does Hebrews 6:4-6 teach that a true believer can lose his salvation?
"No. In that passage, the writer of Hebrews is speaking to the unsaved who have heard the truth and acknowledged it, but who have hesitated to embrace Christ. The Holy Spirit warns them, “You had better come to Christ now, for if you fall away it will be impossible for you to come again to the point of repentance.” They were at the best point for repentance–full knowledge. To fall back from that would be fatal."

The Chosen nation were the ones who received the truth from the beginning. They were given the Law and the Prophets, the Truth since Abraham. If they reject Christ now after they have been given ALL, IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO BE SAVED.
-------
WE ARE SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. Knowing the future and that faith is a gift of God, why would God give this gift to someone He knows would fall away later?
If you are born again from above, it is a done deal.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is a gift, not by works, so that no one can boast."
Eph. 2:8-9
"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

No not even you can break that seal.

You, kind sir, have restored my hope in humanity....You are a man that can “ Rightly Divide”..... Thank you so much for this excellent post.....God has blessed you immensely in the understanding of His Word.....( me too, lol....)

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Damn straight! I am “hostile” to ANY Satanic “Doctrine Of Demons”

You are also hostile to the truth that we find in holy scripture (such as in verses like Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41; Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14; Ezekiel 33:19 and its context in Ezekiel 33:11-20; Luke 13:1-5; Romans 6; Galatians 5:19-21; and more).

Reactions: amigo de christo

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who brings a person to faith?

Easy....remember the Story Of “ Lydia, the Seller Of Purple?” In the Book Of Acts it is revealed that the Gospel was being preached throughout the Land. God “opened her heart” so that she could Receive the Gospel ....it’s no different for anybody else.....
“ NOBODY comes to God, lest the Spirit draw him”.......Then God will “ FINISH the Work that HE started”.......Sounds like it might be true ...... God is the “Author and Finisher Of our Faith....”. I we “Turn to God ( as Lost Sinners) with “ FAITH in Jesus Christ” ....He Will Save “To The UTERMOST”......
It sure seems that God is in complete control of EVERTHING when it comes to Salvation..it makes for a pretty good case that OSAS just might be True.....I believe it is ......mainly for one Reason......Romans 10:13.....”Anybody That ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE SAVED”...... it sure beats me how Anybody can get around THAT one......or this one.....the “ Grand Daddy Of them all ——-
“ Those That Believe In Me , ALREADY HAVE Eternal Life, and shall NEVER come under CONDEMNATION”..... kinda hard to “ twist” that verse, but having been in these Forums for awhile....I know that any Perversion and Twisting Of Bible verses is possible.....God Bless....

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you are a Bible believer does not mean you are saved! Just read about the devils, they believe and tremble.
Just because you're a very judgmental OSASer doesn't mean you are saved either.

Matthew 7:1-2 (NKJV)
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

That should scare OSASers!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....Romans 10:13.....”Anybody That ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE SAVED”..

Technically, that is not a completely true statement.

Someone might ask the Father to save them apart from faith in Jesus Christ or calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ; and in such an instance they will not be saved although they asked to be saved.

Jesus is the way and the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6).

If you try to be saved by asking Allah to save you, for example, it is not going to do you any good at all.

You can only enter in to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for you on the Cross.

Damn straight! I am “hostile” to ANY Satanic “Doctrine Of Demons”

As a matter of fact, the statement above that you have made, and that I am responding to, might have turned out to be a satanic "doctrine of demons" if it had not been corrected quickly enough.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How True.....it actually takes Angels to tell the difference between True Believers and the Tares within the Churches.....
Actually, if someone has the gift of "discerning of spirits" they can tell the difference.

They are most often called on by the Lord not to point the finger but to pray.

I encourage everyone to ask the Lord for that spiritual gift...for it is a good one.

I have it myself.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one limit of grace

he who does not believe is condemned already

once again, you can’t earn grace but you can reject it.

True......some prefer “, Lucky Repentance” ( man’s way) over Grace, ( God’s Way)
In the former fake system ....man gets at least a “ piece” Of The Glory....
In the Latter— GOD gets ALL of the Glory ....that’s the way God wants it...and it’s only fitting that it is that way—— He is the ONLY ONE that Deserves it.....

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you're a very judgmental OSASer doesn't mean you are saved either.

Matthew 7:1-2 (NKJV)
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

That should scare OSASers!

Read your Bible......after the Cross, The SAME Jesus that said “do not Judge” says that we ARE to Judge our Fellow Believers, But we are NOT to Judge those in the World....that is God’s Job, not ours.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have it myself

The only thing that you “ GOT “ is a false Gospel Of Works—- “ Lucky Repentance”.....among other ugly things....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith (or mere mental assent to the tenets of the gospel); but not a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14): don't have everlasting life.

They are saved (from sin and the kingdom of hell for a season; but not from an eternal hell); because they have faith (Luke 8:12, Ephesians 2:8-9); however they may not have everlasting life because they can fall away (Luke 8:13) and/or be cut off (Romans 11:20-22).

Orrrrrrrr..... ( drum roll, please) they might forget to Repent Of a Sin or two before they die and thus, are Damned Forever.....right ?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read your Bible......after the Cross, The SAME Jesus that said “do not Judge” says that we ARE to Judge our Fellow Believers, But we are NOT to Judge those in the World....that is God’s Job, not ours.....
Is that why OSASers keep implying that I'm not a Christian, simply because I don't swallow the OSAS unBiblical doctrine?

Reactions: amigo de christo

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our "pitiful understanding" is not where the teaching that you must continue to believe in order to be saved comes from. It comes right from the word of God. In fact, it's right in the 'Jesus + nothing' gospel part of the Bible you like to refer works salvationists to so often.....

...brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
Even osas says this verse means that you aren't saved if you don't continue to believe to the very end! Didn't you know this?

Sorry this took so long ....I am a busy man...
Golf and riding the Harley are both so darned Time Consuming .....I must start a thread someday about the “ Agony” Of Retirement....lol
I don’t care if we have to “ hold firmly” .....I don't care if we have to “endure to the end”.....I don’t care about “ repenting from all of my sins before I die” .....I don’t care about “ not committing any WILLFUL Sins, lest I Fall Away, and I don’t care about having to obey the Commandments to prove that I love God. Does that pretty much cover everything? Good.....
It wasn’t good ol’ Blood Bought That made up all of these fantastic Promises for his children.....it was GOD—— the One That can NEVER lie! It is “ HE” that said he will NEVER “leave us forsake us”..... It is “ HE” that said that He would “ SAVE to the UTTERMOST” If we put our Faith in His Son....it is “ He” that said there would be” NO CONDEMNATION” for those that simply Believed.....It is “ He” that said that “Anybody that asks to be Saved “ WILL “ be Saved.....and it is “ He” That Promised That we are ALREADY SAVED.....ALREADY PASSED FROM DEATH to LIFE by Believing His Gospel......The “ONUS” is on HIM—- NOT ME!
I DID my Part .....I performed “God’s Will” ......I “ Believed in the One that He sent” ......Now it is up to HIM to perform HIS Part.....He has Promised to save me if I Believe that His Son is “ The Risen Lord” (Romans 10:9 ).....Now the most Precious Thing in this Universe is at stake—- God’s Word! I have the Absolute Faith to Believe that He will move Heaven and Earth to fulfill it!
If there is something I must “ DO” to get Saved and Stay Saved.....God will see to it that it will get done at sometime in my Life ....( His Word is at stake!)
If there is anything in this universe that I am Forbidden to do, lest I get Damned for Doing it.....God will see to it that I don’t Do it ( once again, God’s Word is at Stake! )
So, there ya go....call me a “ Fool” if you like, it just so happens that I Trust God.....I might be the True “ Chief Of Sinners” , But for this Trust that I put in God’s Promises ( and THAT is what True Faith is) ....God gives me Everything ......
“ The Righteous by Faith shall live”..... try it.....you might just like it.....Trust in the Promises Of God ....THAT is the vehicle for your Salvation....God Bless ......

Reactions: Wrangler

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It helps to make the journey to Mt. Sinai first so that you can know to never return to the law as a means of being saved.

Visiting Mt. Sinai means having the law be brought to bear upon your heart as a schoolmaster to lead you to Christ.

But of course there is only salvation in Mt. Zion.

Mt. Sinai will only show you that you are a sinner in need of what Mt. Zion has to offer.

It is always good to get that behind your belt; so that you will never depart from Mt. Zion once you have arrived there.

Good stuff, for once ! If you could only leave it at that .....
You have somehow left out “ Mt Lucky Repentance” .....your TRUE place of Worship....please fill us in about “That” Mountain—— THE MIGHTIEST MOUNTAIN of them All !
......on the “ other hand” you could finally come to your senses and renounce ( or Repent Of ) your False Gospel ADDITION that has you and your types “ Fallen from Grace”.....you ReALLY ought to consider that.....I will keep you in my prayers....my “ Track Record” in that Department is pretty Amazing....A Reprobate like me? Who woulda thunk it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.