Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, come on, who am I gonna tell, lol?
Who are you going to tell?

Rather . . .

You are inviting someone else to gossip. And like I said, that's putting a good spin to it. Who knows what your real reason is.

And yes, pretty much the negative things. People go along ascribing normal sorts of motives to things people say and do, not realizing that some of those people are much more interested in what they can do against others than in the surface behaviors behind which they hide.

Much love!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I B
@Ferris Bueller, @Corlove13 and to all, I’d like to share this simple yet meaningful passage:

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

In connection with the topic under this thread, what truth do you see in the quoted passage?

Tong
R3347
They were delivered from sin....meaning being dead in tresspasses, and the natural tendency towards the flesh because they received Life.
Now that they receive the Spirit they have a choice to choose to follow after the flesh or to follow the Spirit.. In my opinion, because I have not looked it up yet, obey means they believed the Gospel according to their salvation. They believe with the intent to follow-therefore they obeyed the command to believe the gospel.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know the difference between 'faith' and 'trust'.

I know this....”The Man who finds LIFE will find it by Trusting God”.....True Faith was exhibited by what Jesus did.... Faith is 90 % Courage and 10% all that other stuff you’ve been taught all of your life....

Jesus literally “ hung His Body on a Promise Of God.....that is Faith....

Like David .....he put himself in a position where if God did not pull through , he was a Dead Man....

Have you ever ACTED on a Promise Of God where if He did not fulfill His Promise, you were a “ Goner?” That’s when you show REAL FAITH !You showed Courage...
Courage based on a Promise Of God....Thats why, Despite His evil deeds , God considered David “a man after His Own Heart.....

Do you have the Faith, the Courage to hang On to a Promise Of God even though it will cost you your sanity or your life if He fails to carry out His Promise....I have done that....things have not been the same since.....

If your “rear-end”has never been on the line to test your Faith ....you may “ think” you have it , but you don’t....and I realize you Milk- Fed Believers have NO IDEA what I am talking about....I can’t help that.....While you are busy playing “don’t do this and do do that “ ,God's got more Serious things to be concerned with.....if you are a Believer, your Sins are Covered ....God wants to test your FAITH! Just like He did with the Israelites with the Promise Of “ The Land Of Milk and Honey”....Most lacked the Faith to enter into God’s REST....He is testing YOU now! Do YOU have the Faith to Rest in the Gospel? You had better.... unless you want to be seen by God as Disobedient and living in UNBELIEF!

I gave and continue to give God my Faith....For “ That” He gave me everything else I ever needed to Live a successful Walk Of Faith...Stop obsessing over Sins....start working on your Faith! Do that and the “ Sinning” will take care of itself.It May take time.

Reactions: HisLife and marks

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
@Ferris Bueller, @Corlove13 and to all, I’d like to share this simple yet meaningful passage:

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

In connection with the topic under this thread, what truth do you see in the quoted passage?

They were delivered from sin....meaning being dead in tresspasses, and the natural tendency towards the flesh because they received Life.
Now that they receive the Spirit they have a choice to choose to follow after the flesh or to follow the Spirit.. In my opinion, because I have not looked it up yet, obey means they believed the Gospel according to their salvation. They believe with the intent to follow-therefore they obeyed the command to believe the gospel.
Clearly Paul there speaks of them to whom he writes, as have obeyed.

Now notice, while obeying is an act of the person, Paul says “God be thanked”? Why not they be thanked instead?

Tong
R3348

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now notice, while obeying is an act of the person, Paul says “God be thanked”? Why not they be thanked instead?

Tong
R3348
Because they are thanking God for showing them the right way......This is the New birth...
We were dead in Sin.....we can't make ourselves alive......But once alive.>>>...read the rest of the passage....

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am just more “ Son” Conscience than I am “ Sin” Conscience..That doesn't mean I have a “ carefree” attitude regarding Sin.....if you don’t know that I abhor Sin by now ( how many times have I said that “ Sinning for me has the appeal Of Sticking my hand in a Fire?)

I hate Sin but I can’t constantly be obsessed with a terrible thing that was taken care of 2000 years ago.....you see, I “ACTUALLY BELIEVE” that Jesus Died For My Sins .....the Burden, the constant Worry about refraining from sin or being cast into the deepest depths of Hell , the stress and strain of trying to “BE WORTHY” as opposed to the Truth Of already having been “MADE WORTHY” by my Faith ( Plus Nothing) in the Blood Of The Lamb has Set Me FREE from all of that .....My sins, every last one of them has been taken by God and put on the Cross — you and others wantvgo take them off ofvthat Cross and put them back on me—- it ain’t happening.

I am a “ Free Man in Christ” .... I take my “Freedom” and ask God be His Slave...ain’t that Crazy? .....that’s the Ultimate “ MEAT” in Christianity....maybe someday some of you Bottle -Fed Babes will join me.....until then , don’t criticize what you can’t understand....

A “ free man “ does what he wants .....I do what I want to do every Second Of every day....God has changed and continues to change those “ wants” ..... my wants line up with His — that’s the secret of Christianity that you are blind to .....it’s a reward you get for RESTING in the Gospel .....it’s what happens when you “ let go and let God” it takes Faith— not fear, will-Power and self - deprivation ...right now I “ want” to go for a ride on my Harley.....that Alone is probably a Sin to some of you Religionists out there ....I couldn’t care less....Vrrrrrroooooooom......
Not everyone agrees with the "let go and let God" Theology. I personally believe there's a lot of truth to it. But people have a right to believe and express what they want regarding God. Religious Liberty is the cornerstone of freedom-loving peoples everywhere. It is certainly the hill I am most willing to die on. Have a nice ride on your bike. :)

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

The one who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

I will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.

For if I make you, the Most High, my dwelling — even the LORD, who is my refuge — then no harm will befall me, no disaster will come near… for you will command your angels to guard me in all my ways; they will lift me up in their hands.

Because you love me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue you; I will protect you, for you acknowledge my name. You will call upon me, and I will answer; I will be with you in trouble, I will deliver you and honor you. With long life will I satisfy you and show you my salvation.” Praise the LORD!

John 14:15

If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree. A verse states He gives everyone a measure of trust.
That would be Romans 12:6-8. He gives every believer a certain measure of faith in regard to the gift they have been given. He does not give varying degrees of faith to his people to not commit adultery, or to not lie, or to not steal. He wants all of us, equally the same, to trust him enough to know that we don't have to commit adultery, or steal, or hate, or lie. And so he makes the same measure of faith available to each of us for that purpose. But he does give us varying degrees of faith to walk in the different gifts that we have received.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Because they are thanking God for showing them the right way......This is the New birth...
We were dead in Sin.....we can't make ourselves alive......But once alive.>>>...read the rest of the passage....
The passage is clear as to what the thanksgiving is for. So we don’t need to opine regarding that.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked that thoughyou were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

The thanksgiving is for, that they obeyed from the heart.

Tong
R3349

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow....the things a man can miss just by taking a bike- ride! Lol....

So many accusations.....so little time.....

Firstly, “His Life” is a genius and so is his wife.New Zealand is quickly becoming my favorite country on this Planet ....lol.....Thank you for your kind words....Many here would be shocked at the number of friends I have here that support me in secret and are well- aware that I am not the Monster that some here think I am....they are Uncommon people .....people that “ get it”.....

My apologies to those who seldom get to see my “ gentleness” .All I can say is that I am as “ gentle” as Paul was when he “ confronted Peter to his face” or told the “ Circumcision Crowd” to emasculate themselves entirely or when he delivered his verdict on the Gospel Perverters at the Galatian Church....” throw them out!”

I am wise enough and I am humble enough to admit that everything that I think and everything that I say could be wrong . Having said that, I believe with all of my Heart That my views are correct ....I am NOTHING but I have been EXTREMELY well taught by what I think are the best God- Sent Teachers on the Planet ....for 35 years I have been a very Serious Bible Studier....I base my own Salvation and the Salvation Of my children on the Doctrines That I Try to pass on here.....I take this site VERY Seriously—- God has His eye on it—- and I lack the courage to mess with a Site That is a Christian one.....I am certain that I am correct with my Doctrines , and right or wrong , I would not post anything here that I am not sure of......and if my detractors are not as certain as I am they should not be here either.....this is life and death stuff we debate here....Heaven and Hell... I am certain that I am right....my foes think the same of themselves....so we debate....it is JUST a debate, I do the best I can to defend my positions—- just like everybody else does.....try not to think things personal.....just about anybody here would be welcome in my home.....

I will go back and review and refute the other Accusations later.....right now their are kids with candy in the neighborhood that I must steal and there are some little old ladies I need to shove to the ground just for the thrill of it.....lol....

Last edited:
Reactions: HisLife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more thing. This “ Chief Of Sinners “ thingy that I throw around ? If you , as a Christian , don't see “ Yourself” as a Wretched Sinner who would be burning In Hell at this very second, if it were not for the Mercy , Grace and Love Of God —— “ YOU” got a problem .....not me ....

Those who have limited intelligence and limited Spiritual Insight don’t understand that “ the closer you get to God, the farther away from Him you really see yourself” .....I see myself as being very far away from the Greatness Of God—- I must be close to Him...Christianity sure is crazy, isn't it ? To go “ up” , you must go “ down” —— you have to be” last” in order to be “ first” .....and as you get closer to God The Attitude should not be, “look how Great I am” .....it should be, “ woe is me for I am undone”.......

Calling myself “ chief of sinners” is just a way to show a little Humility....it shows that I recognize that if not for the Grace of God and His Spirit in me , there would be “no good in me”and I would be rotten to the core......don’t take it to mean that I go out every night to “rape, ravage and plunder”....I would not hurt a fly....and I have learned that Obedience to God is not a Burden—- it’s a Thrill! When it comes from the Heart especially...That’s the kind that God is looking for.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what to say. You can out-type anyone. There's no point in trying to reason with you. It's completely exhausting. I've never once categorized or judged your standing with God. But you seem to thrive on just that--judgment and condemnation: fallen from grace. You can say that in good conscience because you don't believe that means I'm lost, right? I hope God forgives you for harming his little ones (and I don't think I mean me). Don't you read the parts of the Bible that say things like: "Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!"? Never mind. I'm quite sure you couldn't imagine that as applying to yourself.

You can out-type anyone.

Lol....I type with one finger.....I flunked typing in high school....

Reactions: BarneyFife

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My accusation? No need to turn yourself into a victim. You obviously aren't interested in what I have to say, so not to worry!

Much love!

I am definitely interested. But I think that you saying that you have a concern for me and then not publicly stating what that concern is, is a subtle attack of the enemy on my honour that I do not find the ability to defend myself against.

You can’t say sincerely , “ Jesus is Lord” without the Holy Spirit in you....can you say that? If You can, you are Saved...

There are those who say "Jesus is Lord" but Jesus is not their Lord...they are lying...it is not a true confession.

The reality is that you must not only say "Jesus is Lord", but you must confess with your mouth that "Jesus is the Lord" and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, in order to be saved.

I “ Never” put anybody on “ ignore”—

But you do only read 10% of what they post.

I will not stand for False, Perverted “ Gospels “ that ruin lives and shipwreck the Faith Of many and even potentially send people to Hell..

Unfortunately, you have a false and perverted gospel that will potentially send people to hell.

Because you teach that a man can be saved apart from repenting of being a worker of iniquity.

While the Bible teaches that if anyone continues to be a worker / doer of iniquity, they will be cast into the furnace of everlasting fire (Matthew 13:41-42; Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41).

We are born dead in trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1). So, how is anyone going to not be a worker of iniquity unless they repent of being that?

it takes Faith— not fear,

See Hebrews 11:7. Faith and fear are not mutually exclusive.

...I have Sincere Beliefs and I try to offer them up and defend them —— just like you do. I can’t help it that you guys lose all of the time.....lol, that last part was just a joke...

Yes, that was definitely a joke...for you have the tendency to lose all of your arguments...and that is no joke.

If you make the standard Loving like God does that's impossible

No, it isn't. For He is able to shed abroad his love in your heart through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5).

It would be like me reading To love my wife like Jesus loved the church then Thinking I could really achieve that, I'm sure she appreciates I try even tho I'm a mess,

You can achieve that; but only in the power of the Holy Spirit.

One of the best things I've heard from secular psychology was good ol' Dr. Laura, years ago, listening on the radio, when she said, "When someone tells you who they are, believe them!!"

So, we should believe that @Blood Bought 1953 really is the chief of sinners and that Paul should move over because there is a new kid in town.

...Christianity sure is crazy, isn't it ? To go “ up” , you must go “ down” —— you have to be” last” in order to be “ first” ...

So, in order to be holy you must sin up a storm?

Please clarify what you mean by this.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No, it isn't. For He is able to shed abroad his love in your heart through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5).

I Said it is Love that comes from God you even quoted It is His Love but you're mixing Different concepts, God Is Holy And God is love that should explain enough Shouldn't it?.. how many people have you laid your life down for? you can pretend all you want but you don't Redefine Love you can display it you don't become the source you're mixing two concepts, The Character Of God Himself with The Chance To imitate and Reflect that Love, But to take it to the level Of Gods would deny He is Holy

You can achieve that; but only in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Yea no Either you have to a higher view of yourself or your view of how much Jesus Loved the Church is too low probably both at wrong ends of the spectrum I would say, How do you think you are doing in this area tho?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Said it is Love that comes from God you even quoted It is His Love but you're mixing Different concepts, God Is Holy And God is love that should explain enough Shouldn't it?.. how many people have you laid your life down for? you can pretend all you want but you don't Redefine Love you can display it you don't become the source you're mixing two concepts, The Character Of God Himself with The Chance To imitate and Reflect that Love, But to take it to the level Of Gods would deny He is Holy

Of course I am not the source of that love.

It does not change the fact that I am able to love other people with the love that the Lord has shed abroad in my heart. It is His love that He places within me.

I have never had the opportunity to lay down my life for a brother. However, I know that it is the nature of the Lord's love as He has shed it abroad in my heart, as I have received it by faith, that if I were ever to be called upon to do so, that His love within me would enable me to do so; if it even really dwells in my heart.

I suppose that if I am ever tested in that way, that it might be so that I know the reality of the fact that His love is in me to that extent; not so that the Lord might know it. For He sees what is invisible; and if that love is truly existent in my heart, He knows that it is there even apart from my being tested and passing the test.

Yea no Either you have to a higher view of yourself or your view of how much Jesus Loved the Church is too low probably both at wrong ends of the spectrum I would say, How do you think you are doing in this area tho?

It is not me that is doing the loving of my wife; it is Jesus loving her as He lives His life in me and through me (Galatians 2:20).

But I can say that I love my wife to a very great extent; even to the point that I sometimes question as to whether I might have made an idol out of my love for her.

But I know that it is not the case; because the love that I have for her exists as an answer to prayer that He would place within me a love for her that is to the extent that Christ loves His church; and therefore I believe that it is healthy since it comes from the Lord.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The passage is clear as to what the thanksgiving is for. So we don’t need to opine regarding that.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked that thoughyou were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered.

The thanksgiving is for, that they obeyed from the heart.

Tong
R3349
If you obey the Command to believe the Gospel....and you are born with new Life...you will be thanking God your sins have been forgiven,thanking God for that wisdom brought to you...etc
Thanking God that He quicken you. THANKING God for that gift you receive to hear the way, the truth and Life....

If you have a way which you must see it....then we can agree to disagree....

Didn't you thank Him...For He had a plan from the beginning...to know what great Love...
And all they needed to do was receive the Gift through belief....

It sounds like you want to force the passage into OSAS...and that's a problem

Romans 10:15
And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

After the preacher brings the word and it is encouraging.......Some may say good word preacher......And what does the preacher say...?
"ALL GLORY TO GOD" so thanks be to God that He used me, or He chose me to hear, or to be used...

Point is one still has to receive.
So if I after being taught the Gospel of the kingdom, hearing the mighty works of Jesus and what He's done to free us...hear, and believe with the intent to follow...and my sins are forgiven.......I HAVE THEN RECEIVED THE GIFT THROUGH FAITH....YOU WILL BE THANKING GOD.....!!!

THROUGH YOUR OBEDIENCE TO REPENT AND BELIEVE...YOU HAVE OBEYED FROM THE HEART[RECEIVED]

Romans 10:16

NLT
But not everyone welcomes the Good News, for Isaiah the prophet said, “LORD, who has believed our message?

ESV
But they have not all
obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?”

Why would they thank themselves for receiving a gift?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38

“The time promised by God has come at last!” he announced. “The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!” Mark 1:15

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.