Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not the only will of God for the believer, lol. Of course not....It is God's Will for His Children to grow in many ways....but when it comes to Salvation, it * IS* His only Will.....Do you put your TOTAL Faith in “ The One that He sent ?” If you simply do THAT you are Saved......or perhaps you think John 3:16 is a lie.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 NLT
“God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.”

1 Thessalonians 4:3 KJB
“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. If you believe you can sin and still be saved, and you don’t see the moral problem in that, then your religion is no different than that of a sociopath

“ if we say we have no sin we call God a Liar”

Why does God Chastise His Errant Children If Believers do not sin...
Chastisement is in the Bible....does God inflict punishment on those that Don’t Sin?

Who wasted their time making a “ Throne Of Grace” If it’s never needed?

Does Jesus waste His time trying to be an “ Advocate” when their are no Sinners to advocate “ For? “

I could go on .....your “ Doctrine” is simply silly....its so obviously not worth the time for a serious debate...

If YOU believe that you can NOT sin and be Saved...You are spitting on the Precious Blood Of Jesus and “ considering it Worthless” ....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. If you believe you can sin and still be saved, and you don’t see the moral problem in that, then your religion is no different than that of a sociopath

“ if we say we have no sin we call God a Liar”

Chastisement is in the Bible....does God inflict punishment on those that Don’t Sin?

Does Jesus waste His time trying to be an “ Advocate” when their are no Sinners to advocate “ For? “

I could go on .....your “ Doctrine” is simply silly....its so obviously not worth the time for a serious debate...

If YOU believe that you can NOT sin and be Saved...You are spitting on the Precious Blood Of Jesus and “ considering it Worthless” ....

“God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.”

“The ONLY “ Holiness” that YOU are ever gonna know is just like any “ Righteousness” That you might come to know.....the “ Holiness” and “ Righteousness That will be * IMPUTED* to you if , and only if, you REST in the Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing ...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Second, you act like George Sodini was not saved and then you turn around and say that someone like him could have been saved if God struck him dead before committing this horrible act.

Do you have to subtly misquote me to try to win your absurd argument?

I did not say that he “ could” have been saved if God struck him dead....I said that I thought that that would be the likely thing for God to do...... If this man had been “ born again” ( which I doubt) he would have gone to Heaven whether God Struck him dead or not .....it was beside the point...If this guy was a Sinner who saw his lost condition and Turned to God and sincerely asked God to save him and if God “ opened his heart” to the reception of the Gospel , like it or not, he qualifies for the Promise Of God—- “ Where Sin abounds, Grace Super Abounds” .....God made that Promise and He can not lie...take it up with Him....

The Bible and the “ Amazing Grace” talked about within it was never revised because of the wicked man in Pauls church that slept with his own Mother ( perhaps step- mother) ....God ain’t gonna “reverse course” in His Word just because a man commits extreme wickedness.....I suspect the entire story is a “ Crock” anyway....It “ could” very well have happened, but something stinks about it.....probably conjured up by a guy twisting somebody else’s words like you attempted to do to mine...

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. You then say that either Titus or my doctrine is no different than yours in that if we repent (seek forgiveness with the Lord), we are good to go to Heaven (Which implies you don’t have to do that). Actually, no. We have to not only confess of Our sins, but we have to forsake them too....

I think you are kinda new here....Ferris and all the others that believe in “Lucky Repentance”in here have never added this “ forsaking” part ......Forsaking is not relevant—- you may or may not do better the next day but you MUST make sure that you told God that you were “ sorry” for your sin and ask Him for Forgiveness before you fall asleep....if you fall asleep and die in your sleep without doing that, you have an “ Unrepented Sin ” on you Ledger and you are damned....Grace does not exist in this false, ugly, unforgiving world that you and your ilk have conjured up....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at our thoughts and actions can tell us a lot about ourselves. Comparing yourself minute by minute living to the fruit of the Spirit I think may be most useful. I wonder how many of us are willing to give ourselves an honest look according to the Spirit's fruit? How much loving are you? How consistently peaceful? How joyful? Faithful? Are you always gentle? Always trusting? Always self-controlled? 90%? 50%? 5%? What does that indicate? (Rhetorical, of course!)
This is what I'm talking about. This is the Christian life. We know we are branches connected to Christ in salvation by the fruit that we bear. Dead branches don't bear fruit. Assurance of salvation comes from seeing Christ in us. That's why we are exhorted to diligently seek to have the qualities of the Spirit. Seeing those qualities and the behavior they produce makes our calling and election sure.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, really. Now show me the specific verse where Jesus said, "whoever is not baptized will not be saved." I'll be waiting.

As I already proved your gospel is salvation by disobedience.
You proved absolutely nothing and seeking salvation by works while refusing to obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel is not obedience. It's UNBELIEF. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" The apostle Paul has some very sobering words for those who do not believe the gospel. 2 Corinthians 4:3 - But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And You just confirmed it.
You proved my accusation correct.
You proved nothing by your false accusations.

The apostles are Jesus' spokesman, Mark 16:20,
-And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs, Amen.

Whatever the apostles commanded was not their commandments.
All commandments given by the apostles are the commandments of Jesus Christ's gospel.
You continue to "add works" to the gospel of Christ which is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) Believes plus what? Plus nothing. Simply believes. You need to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) instead of trusting in "water and works" for salvation. (Galatians 1:6-9)

John 3:14 - And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. *What happened to baptism?

John 6:29 - Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.” *What happened to baptism?

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. *What happened to baptism?

John 6:47 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. *What happened to baptism?

John 11:25 - Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” *What happened to baptism? *Hermeneutics.

You don't believe in Jesus' word.
I certainly do, but you obviously don't believe the words of Jesus above. You remain in unbelief.

You lack faith in what Jesus taught.
I only lack faith in what Campbellism teaches (which you represent)`, but not in what Jesus taught.

You are in unbelief!
It's actually YOU who is in unbelief. (2 Corinthians 4:3,4)

Water immersion is a direct command!
For believers AFTER conversion. (Acts 10:43-47)

Acts 10:47-48,
-Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?
-And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.
Be sure to meditate on verse 47 - Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have? The evidence is overwhelming that these Gentles believed, received the gift of the Holy Spirit, spoke in tongues, magnified God, and were saved and a part of the body of Christ before they were water baptized. Certain Jews may have wanted to forbid them from being baptized because of their unacceptance of the Gentiles, but Peter clearly states that surely no one can refuse. These Gentiles were clearly SAVED BEFORE WATER BAPTISM and the Holy Spirit was proof of this. :)

Romans 8:9 - But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. If one has received the Holy Spirit they "belong" to Christ. To belong to Christ does not describe the condition of a lost unbeliever but a saved believer and such was the case of these Gentiles before they were water baptized.

Galatians 4:6 - And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!" This does not describe the condition of a lost unbeliever but a saved believer and such was the case of these Gentiles before they were water baptized.

1 John 4:13 - By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. Because they received the Holy Spirit, these Gentiles abided in God and God abided in them. To abide in God and to have God abide in you does not describe the condition of a lost unbeliever but a saved believer and such was the case of these Gentiles before they were water baptized.

Before they were water baptized, these Gentiles spoke in tongues and magnified God (Acts 10:46) [and don't you dare bring up the ludicrous Campbellite argument about Balaam's donkey!]. Therefore, by having this spiritual gift, these Gentiles were already in the body of Christ and saved before they were water baptized. We do not receive the gift of tongues, which is only for the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:4-12), without first receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit (indwelling, regenerating presence of the Holy Spirit). We don't receive a gift "of the Holy Spirit" until we first receive "the gift of the Holy Spirit" and these Gentiles clearly received the gift of the Holy Spirit before they were baptized. Period.

Now here is a direct command from Jesus, that you will disobey and TELL JESUS ON JUDGMENT THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE TO OBEY HIM!

7AEDF6FA-D018-44D3-9598-1264F64A4682_4_5005_c.jpeg

News flash. I did not disobey the command from Jesus to receive water baptism after my conversion. You can explain to Jesus on judgment day why you REFUSED TO BELIEVE THE GOSPEL.

CONTINUED...

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said it Dan!
"mailmandan, post: 1303008, member: 8550"]Jesus did not say whoever is not baptized will be condemned
You are still yet to show me where Jesus specifically said, "whoever is not baptized will be condemned." Instead, Jesus said, "he who does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:16(b); John 3:18)

Your gospel is a gospel of salvation by disobedience!
Salvation by works (your gospel) is disobedience and unbelief. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Romans 10:16; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4)

You just taught a person can believe ie Faith only and disobey the commandment to be baptized.
I did not say that a genuine believer would refuse the command to be baptized. I did not refuse to be water baptized after my conversion and I can't think of one Christian I know who refused to be water baptized after their conversion either. As I said before, it logically follows that believers get water baptized after they believe and are saved, but if someone is on their death bed and cannot get baptized before death, they are still saved because they believed (John 3:18; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 16:31; Romans 1:16etc.. ) which is in harmony with Mark 16:16(b)..but he who does not believe will be condemned. *NOWHERE does the Bible say "water baptized or condemned." Deal with it.

Fact: if faith only saves, you are teaching someone can disobey Jesus' commandments and NEVER BE BAPTIZED AND STILL BE SAVED!
Faith that trusts only in Christ for salvation and not in works saves. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) *Not to be confused with what James means by "faith only" - empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains "alone" - barren of works. (James 2:14) You are unable to grasp the difference because of your UNBELIEF. It's not about disobeying Jesus' command to get baptized. It's about not having the opportunity to get baptized after conversion, like the thief on the cross or someone on their death bed in the hospital or someone ready to die on the battle field etc..

You tell Jesus you dont have to obey His commandments on judgment and see what God says to you,
I have not refused to obey Jesus' command to get water baptized and I have done the will of the Father in regards to receiving eternal life.

*Matthew 7:21 - Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

*John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Matthew 7:21-23
-Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
These many people here did not do the will of the Father by refusing to believe in Jesus for salvation. Instead, they were trusting in their works for salvation. *Sound familiar? Jesus NEVER knew them which means they were NEVER saved.

You teach a false doctrine of disobedient LAWLESSNESS!
-And I will declare to them, I never knew you(Dan) depart from Me, you who practise lawlessness.
That is slander and that judgment call is well above your pay grade. I do not promote lawlessness and ALL unbelievers will be seen in the eyes of God as "those who work iniquity/practice lawlessness" because they remain in their sins because of their UNBELIEF. You teach salvation by works, contrary to salvation through faith, not works, (Ephesians 2:8,9) so guess where that leaves you?

Mark 16:15-16 ,Danthemailman's rejection of Jesus' commandments.
I don't reject Jesus' commandments. I just put baptism in it's proper place. Subsequent to salvation through believing in Him. (Acts 10:43-47)

-He who believes and does not obey Jesus' command to be baptized will be saved;
But he who does not believe
only and obeys His commandment to be baptized will be condemned.

He who believes in Him is not condemned - Yes. (John 3:18)
He who believes and is baptized will be saved - Yes (Mark 16:16)
He who does not believe will be condemned - Yes. (Mark 16:16(b); John 3:18)
He who is not baptized will be condemned? - No (no scripture)

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ferris and all the others that believe in “Lucky Repentance”
No, Ferris does not believe in "lucky repentance". What Ferris believes is you have to be in a state of believing when Christ comes back in order to be saved, not sinless perfection. The epic battle with a besetting sin is not going to keep the believing Christian out of the kingdom. Unbelief is what will keep the 'Christian' out of the kingdom. Only when your sin is the result of a rejection of Christ, a.k.a unbelief, will that sin keep you out of the kingdom. For the believing one, his struggle with sin is covered by the blood he believes and trusts in. Willful, unrepentant, purposeful sin is a sign that a person does not believe and trust in the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sin. They are an unbeliever, not a struggling believer. That person will not go to the right and into the kingdom at the end of the age.

You, on the other hand in your New OSAS nonsense, say that an unbeliever will go into the kingdom just as long as he has a legalistic moment in time somewhere in the past where he asked to be saved, even though he then lived his life in unrepentant, habitual, purposeful, unbelieving sin to the very end. That, my friend, is a joke...like your golf game, lol.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Lifelong sinner!!!!

Of course, Jesus is where I learned this from, Mark 16:15-16 ; John 3:5,
-Jesus answered, Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Jesus mentions "living water" in (John 4:10, 14; 7:37-39) and in John 7:38-39, we read - "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit. *Did you see that?

The Holy Spirit is the source of living water and spiritual cleansing. If "water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38. If this sounds ridiculous, it is no more so than the idea that water baptism is the source or the means of becoming born again.

The word "water" is also used in the Bible as an emblem of the word of God, and in such uses it is associated with cleansing or washing. (John 15:3; Ephesians 5:26) When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begets new life, so that we are said to become "partakers of the divine nature." (2 Peter 1:4) The new birth is brought to pass through "incorruptible seed, by the word of God, which lives and abides forever" (I Peter 1:23) and the Holy Spirit accomplishes the miracle of regeneration. (Titus 3:5)

*So to automatically read "baptism" into John 3:5 simply because it mentions "water" is unwarranted.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, really. Now show me the specific verse where Jesus said, "whoever is not baptized will not be saved." I'll be waiting

The apostles commandments is Jesus speaking to you Dan.

Jesus said it in Mark 16:15-16.
Jesus said it in,
John 3:5,
-Jesus answered, Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Now compare this passage to Mark 16:15-16.
Now interpret this passage the way Danthemailman interprets Mark 16:16,

"Unless one is born of water and not the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
"he who believes and is
not baptized will be saved; ...."

Would Danthemailman dare to twist John 3:5 the way he twists Jesus' words in Mark 16:15-16?
Of course he would not. That would include baptism and exclude The Spirits revealed word.

The verse clearly says water and Spirit as prerequisites/essential conditions to be saved.
Just as Mark 16:16 gives two essential conditions that must be met to be saved.
Dan, cherry picks what he wants to save him in his custom version of his gospel.

Jesus says it again here,
Ephesians 5:26,
-that Jesus might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word.
By the word =John 3:5 and the Spirit
Washing of water= John 3:5 unless one is born of water

Unless one is baptized they cannot enter the kingdom
Same as saying they cannot be saved!

Dan's gospel of disobedience can never save.

Dan teaches we can disobey Jesus and not be baptized and Jesus will still save us,

Here is Dan, denying what Jesus taught in Mark 16:16,
"he who believes and is baptized shall be saved"

Wrong. Jesus' gospel is not "baptized or condemned." (Mark 16:16(b)

Once again, here he denies Jesus,

Jesus did not say whoever is not baptized will be condemned.

Yes He did Dan and you dont believe Him because you have no faith in His gospel.
We see that Dan in fact teaches a doctrine of do nothing disobedience to be saved.
Dan has taught you can disobey the commandment to be water baptized and you will be saved,
Acts 10:47-48,
-and he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
Dan's response to Jesus' commandments:

Yes, really. Now show me the specific verse where Jesus said, "whoever is not baptized will not be saved." I'll be waiting.

You are blind Danthemailman,
Matthew 15:14

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan you are taking Jesus' teaching in John chapter 3 out of context.
Chapter 3 of John, WHAT ARE THEY DOING IN CHAPTER 3 Dan?
Read the whole chapter. Dont go away from chapter 3 to other chapters of the bible like you did here,

"water" is arbitrarily defined as baptism, then we could just as justifiably say, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living baptism" in John 7:38

Read John chapter 3,
John 3:3,
-Jesus answered and said to him,...Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Dan Jesus is teaching about being born again in chapter 3!

John 3:5,
-Jesus answered
unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God

Jesus is teaching about being born again.
Now what are they doing in chapter 3 of John Dan?

John 3:22-23,
-Now John was baptizing in Aenon near Salim because there was much water there, and they came and were baptized.

Now Danthemailman what was the purpose of John's water baptism?
It was for the forgiveness of sins.
What happens when your sins are washed away, remitted,?
Answer: You are born again!
Mark 1:4-5,
-John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

John's water baptism washed away the Jews sins, they were born again.
Exactly what Jesus was teaching Nicodemus in John chapter 3.

Learn context Dan.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
If you believe you can sin and still be saved, and you don’t see the moral problem in that, then your religion is no different than that of a sociopath
“if we say we have no sin we call God a Liar”

You fail to grasp the real problem here.

363299_8eab54614a5434001e4de395357fb89e.png

Source:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sociopath+loss+of+morality

363300_accef7e804374ead45fb76c32512f100.png

Source:
MORALITY English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com

So in your OSAS religion, you don’t seem to seem to care that your religion is amoral in that it is sociopathic?
Sociopaths have a lack of moral sense.
Sociopaths are incapable of understanding and therefore acting upon moral standards.
Morality is defined as principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong.

In other words, how do you know good from evil?
Is it not by what people do?
How do you know your not in a devil worship religion that simply has the label of Christianity attached to it?
You would not know because you seem to ignore the standard of morality and or the goodness of God.
You would not know because you don’t see the problem in defending sin and evil rather than that which is good.
How do you know the difference between God and the devil?
Is it not by what they do?
How do you know the good guys from the bad guys in a movie, book, or when you turn on the news?
Is it not by what by what people do?

Anyways, as for your misreading or misapplication of 1 John 1:8:

What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin,
we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."
(1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.

(Continued in my next post):

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Ferris does not believe in "lucky repentance". What Ferris believes is you have to be in a state of believing when Christ comes back in order to be saved, not sinless perfection. The epic battle with a besetting sin is not going to keep the believing Christian out of the kingdom. Unbelief is what will keep the 'Christian' out of the kingdom. Only when your sin is the result of a rejection of Christ, a.k.a unbelief, will that sin keep you out of the kingdom. For the believing one, his struggle with sin is covered by the blood he believes and trusts in. Willful, unrepentant, purposeful sin is a sign that a person does not believe and trust in the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sin. They are an unbeliever, not a struggling believer. That person will not go to the right and into the kingdom at the end of the age.

You, on the other hand in your New OSAS nonsense, say that an unbeliever will go into the kingdom just as long as he has a legalistic moment in time somewhere in the past where he asked to be saved, even though he then lived his life in unrepentant, habitual, purposeful, unbelieving sin to the very end. That, my friend, is a joke...like your golf game, lol.

Well, you nailed me on the Golf Stuff......to all your other false accusations and YOU denying your “Lucky Repentance” stance that you have held for years , all I can do is give a hearty, pffffttttt!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Source:

Source:

So in your OSAS religion, you don’t seem to seem to care that your religion is amoral in that it is sociopathic?
Sociopaths are incapable of incapable of understanding and therefore acting upon moral standards.
Morality is defined as principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong.

How do you know your not in a devil worship religion that simply has the label of Christianity attached to it?
You would not know because you seem to ignore the standard of morality and or the goodness of God.
You would not know because you don’t see the problem in defending sin and evil rather than that which is good.
How do you know the good guys from the bad guys in a movie, book, or when you turn on the news?

What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.

Wow.....what a “ windy” post....For now all I will say is that Hell will be FULL of “ Moral” people.....Ghandi comes to mind... perhaps you...

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

With the OSAS view of chastisement, it serves no purpose because they don’t believe they can stop sinning this side of Heaven (According to the OSAS Proponent’s false misinterpretation on 1 John 1:8). But the goal of chastisement is to get the soul to stop sinning. For if what the OSAS Proponent believes is true, then it would be like a master who kicks his dog across the room like a football on the account that the dog poops on the carpet (with the master knowing the dog has an uncontrollable pooping problem because it is sick). But the master could take the animal to the vet and help it. But the master does not care. The master is just gonna keep kicking the dog even though the dog cannot really help itself. That’s why OSAS dumb. So the whole chastisement excuse in OSAS is just mirage or an illusion. No real change exists in the OSAS view of chastisement. They can just sin and still be saved. However, in reality: Chastisement is a wake up call to get true genuine believers (Who do not seek to justify sin) to change their ways otherwise they could perish if they don’t change. But if one is guaranteed Heaven no matter what they do (like in OSAS), then one does not even have to change even when they are chastised by GOD. Believers can suffer persecution by others for Christ, and so what’s the difference really? What real incentive do they have to stop? An uncomfortable life that is temporary? Why do they care what God thinks? Sin is their real master that rules their life and not Christ.

You said:

Again, it’s the same reason as to why true chastisement happens in the Bible. 1 John 1:9 not only says that if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, but it also says that confessing of sins is to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. But the OSAS Proponent does not believe that because they all mindlessly sing the false mantra of, “We cannot stop sinning this side of Heaven” (While they ignore or twist verses like Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1).

You said:

You believe grace abounds even if you continue in sin.
But Paul says, “Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid.” (Romans 6:1-2).

Jude 1:4 (Berean Study Bible)
“For certain men have crept in among you unnoticed—ungodly ones who were designated long ago for condemnation. They turn the grace of our God into a license for immorality, and they deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.”

You said:

First, your words before suggested that we can ignore morality (or we can ignore right from wrong) because your whole point was that we can sin and still be saved in chastisement and in confessing sins endlessly (with no real change or reform in a believer’s life). In other words, if you ignore morality or right and wrong, then you cannot borrow from morality to make your point (i.e. spitting on the blood of Jesus). You either are for morality or you are against it. Decide. Choose.

Second, Jesus’ righteousness is only imputed to us if we have the proper faith. This faith is in his blood (Romans 3:25) AND it is in walking in the light (1 John 1:7). “Walking in the light” is “loving your brother” according to the indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11. So you have to love your brother for the blood to also cleanse you. It’s not just a perpetual or unending belief alone in Jesus (with no change in your life). If a believer hates his brother, then he has no eternal life abiding in him (See: 1 John 3:15). He that loves not his brother or does not righteousness is not of God (1 John 3:10). So your not reading the whole Bible in context and you are only choosing select verses out of the Bible to defend your amoral OSAS religion.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.....what a “ windy” post....Fir now all I will say is that He’ll will be FULL of “ Moral” people.....Ghandi comes to mind... perhaps you...

The Bible is a lot longer in it’s wording. Maybe you should read it more sometime in prayer with GOD on what it really says. For if you did, I know you would no longer be OSAS or justify the idea that believers can sin and still be saved.

Anyways, take my post in bite size pieces. Please do not ignore it. Otherwise, there is no point in continuing a discourse with you if you ignore what I say. For it seems to me like you feel uncomfortable in dealing with the points I made and it really has nothing to do with the size of my post. For if my post was something exciting that you wanted to hear, I don’t think you would mind the length of the post so much. In either case, we can agree to disagree.

May God’s love shine upon you.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Source:

Source:

Sociopaths are incapable of incapable of understanding and therefore acting upon moral standards.

God is not looking for Bad People to make them better.....God is not looking for “ moral “ people to make them “ MORE” moral...

God is looking for “Dead People”——- People That are “ DEAD in trespasses and sin” ....

Since every descendant Of Adam can be found in that condition, God is “ really” looking for only those that are “ Dead” and KNOW it.....it’s the Starting Point Of Christianity.....God Wants to take Dead men and make them ALIVE! Anybody that does not Believe the Gospel ALONE and proves it by RESTING in it is still Spiritually Dead.....Are you grasping this, all you Dead Men out there? The Gospel that can Save you is 100% what God has done for Lost, Sinful men....NOT what a man does for God such as becoming “ more moral”...... your “Morality” is like used menstrual rags to God....

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
Second, you act like George Sodini was not saved and then you turn around and say that someone like him could have been saved if God struck him dead before committing this horrible act.
Do you have to subtly misquote me to try to win your absurd argument?

It’s not a misquote. I believe that is what you were saying. I am not a mind reader.
But it would be more helpful if you learned how to multi-quote people’s posts instead of having to sift through reading my posts and yours.

To help you out: Here is a video help tutorial from another forum that uses the same interface here at ChristianityBoard.com. Hopefully it will help you with learning how to quote others, friend.

You said:
I did not say that he “ could” have been saved if God struck him dead....I said that I thought that that would be the likely thing for God to do...... If this man had been “ born again” ( which I doubt) he would have gone to Heaven whether God Struck him dead or not .....it was beside the point...If this guy was a Sinner who saw his lost condition and Turned to God and sincerely asked God to save him and if God “ opened his heart” to the reception of the Gospel , like it or not, he qualifies for the Promise Of God—- “ Where Sin abounds, Grace Super Abounds” .....God made that Promise and He can not lie...take it up with Him....

But you are saying that there is a possibility George Sodini could have been saved by your kind of belief.
This is monstrous and it shows that you don’t understand basic morality (Which is a problem of sociopaths).

You said:
The Bible and the “ Amazing Grace” talked about within it was never revised because of the wicked man in Pauls church that slept with his own Mother ( perhaps step- mother) ....God ain’t gonna “reverse course” in His Word just because a man commits extreme wickedness.....I suspect the entire story is a “ Crock” anyway....It “ could” very well have happened, but something stinks about it.....probably conjured up by a guy twisting somebody else’s words like you attempted to do to mine...

What you said here is incoherent. Are you suggesting that 1 Corinthians 5 is a made up story?
Anyways, the man who fornicated in the church in 1 Corinthians 5 was kicked out.

Paul says, “I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.” (1 Corinthians 5:11).

So in your view of OSAS, you believe believers can be this way or do these sins. Yet, if that was the case, then no believer could ever have fellowship with one another if we are to believe the words of Paul. So again, this is why OSAS is just dumb if you read and believe your Bible.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is a lot longer in it’s wording. Maybe you should read it more sometime in prayer with GOD on what it really says. For if you did, I know you would no longer be OSAS or justify the idea that believers can sin and still be saved.

Anyways, take my post in bite size pieces. Please do not ignore it. Otherwise, there is no point in continuing a discourse with you if you ignore what I say. For it seems to me like you feel uncomfortable in dealing with the points I made and it really has nothing to do with the size of my post. For if my post was something exciting that you wanted to hear, I don’t think you would mind the length of the post so much. In either case, we can agree to disagree.

May God’s love shine upon you.

You confuse “ discomfort” with boredom.....do you think that I have not heard all of this clap-trap a thousand times before? We have no real “ discourse” .....I barely peruse what you say.....I look for highlights so I can use the Religionists, Legalists and Tares in these Forums as “ Springboards” to get the True Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing out there for the Newbies That hopefully have not been ruined by the Leaven espoused in here often times.....I see myself as God’s “ Pit - Bull” against Leaven...as the Bible says, “ A little Leaven leavenith the whole batch”......All Of Those that attempt to spread their False , Perverted Additions to “ NOTHING but the Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation will be called out by me....
You know that part of Paul’s Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) where it says You MUST Believe that Jesus “died for your sins?” ...... You simply don’t believe it .....I do.....If Jesus died for all of my sins, there is no sin that I can be damned for.....knowing that I don’t WANT to sin, but having a brain and knowing that I WILL sin on occasion, despite my best wishes ( James said that we ALL ‘ stumble’ at times ) and knowing I can do what I “want” to do and not go to Hell —- knowing that Truth has just the OPPOSITE effect on a person that the confused and ignorant think is true.....I do what I want and God changes my “wants” so that “ my will” lines up with “ God’s Will”.....

Yes , knowing that I can Sin, yet never be damned for it because of my Faith in The Finished Work Of Christ at the Cross , does just the reverse of what you “ Blind Guides” think.....it makes me want to Sin *LESS* — not MORE .....Christianity is crazy like that....likely you will never understand the way God Works in your Heart ....
Every time I lie around and realize that I can do anything I “want” and not go to Hell for it ......I don’t “want” to do bad things anymore....Therein lies the True Power over Sin—- NOT your Fear of dropping into Hell every five minutes because of an Unrepented Sin and NOT because of your “ Will- Power” ...

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod