Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not looking for Bad People to make them better.....God is not looking for “ moral “ people to make them “ MORE” moral...

So God is not into doing good? You serve a different God than the One described in the Holy Bible.

Titus 2:14
“Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.”

Titus 2:11-12
“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;”

1 John 2:3-6
“And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.”

John 5:29
And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”

1 Peter 4:18-19
“And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” (1 Peter 4:18-19).

You said:
God is looking for “Dead People”——- People That are “ DEAD in trespasses and sin” ....

Since every descendant Of Adam can be found in that condition, God is “ really” looking for only those that are “ Dead” and KNOW it.....it’s the Starting Point Of Christianity.....God Wants to take Dead men and make them ALIVE! Anybody that does not Believe the Gospel ALONE and proves it by RESTING in it is still Spiritually Dead.....Are you grasping this, all you Dead Men out there? The Gospel that can Save you is 100% what God has done for Lost, Sinful men....NOT what a man does for God such as becoming “ more moral”...... your “Morality” is like used menstrual rags to God....

You preach a false gospel in the fact that your gospel does not call a believer to the Sanctification of the Spirit. According to 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, The gospel call is…. God has chosen you to salvation through Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth (Note: Please stop and read 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 now). If you don’t believe me, read the passage for yourself. You also preach the wrong version of grace, too. For Titus 2:11-12 says God’s grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You confuse “ discomfort” with boredom.....do you think that I have not heard all of this clap-trap a thousand times before? We have no real “ discourse” .....I barely peruse what you say.....I look for highlights so I can use the Religionists, Legalists and Tares in these Forums as “ Springboards” to get the True Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing out there for the Newbies That hopefully have not been ruined by the Leaven espoused in here often times.....I see myself as God’s “ Pit - Bull” against Leaven...as the Bible says, “ A little Leaven leavenith the whole batch”......All Of Those that attempt to spread their False , Perverted Additions to “ NOTHING but the Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation will be called out by me....
You know that part of Paul’s Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) where it says You MUST Believe that Jesus “died for your sins?” ...... You simply don’t believe it .....I do.....If Jesus died for all of my sins, there is n sin that can be damned for.....knowing that I don’t WANT to sin, but having a brain and knowing that I WILL sin on occasion, despite my best wishes ( James said that we ALL ‘ stumble’ at times ) and knowing I can do what I “want” to do and not go to Hell —- knowing that Truth has just the OPPOSITE effect on a person that the confused and ignorant think is true.....I do what I want and God changes my “wants” so that “ my will” lines up with “ God’s Will”.....

Yes , knowing that I can Sin, yet never be damned for it because of my Faith in The Finished Work Of Christ at the Cross , does just the reverse of what you “ Blind Guides” think.....it makes me want to Sin *LESS* — not MORE .....Christianity is crazy like that....likely you will never understand the way God Works in your Heart ....
Every time I lie around and realize that I can do anything I “want” and not go to Hell for it ......I don’t “want” to do bad things anymore....Therein lies the True Power over Sin—- NOT your Fear of dropping into Hell every five minutes because of an Unrepented Sin and NOT because of your “ Will- Power” ...
There is allot of irony I can personally relate to in a different online forum. I was many "calvinists" best buddies for years but now that I'm rejecting many teachings and calling some of them out especially as it related to the simplicity in the gospel I'm getting attacked. Since I defended it for years and know it all to well I'm calling out certain pastors/ theologians/ scholars such as Spurgeon who said TULIP is the gospel and anything but that belief is a false gospel. So the gloves are off now and I'm showing how that teaching is false when we examine scripture. So expect to get attacked when the beliefs some hold dear get challenged .

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You confuse “ discomfort” with boredom.....do you think that I have not heard all of this clap-trap a thousand times before? We have no real “ discourse” .....I barely peruse what you say.....I look for highlights so I can use the Religionists, Legalists and Tares in these Forums as “ Springboards” to get the True Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing out there for the Newbies That hopefully have not been ruined by the Leaven espoused in here often times.....I see myself as God’s “ Pit - Bull” against Leaven...as the Bible says, “ A little Leaven leavenith the whole batch”......All Of Those that attempt to spread their False , Perverted Additions to “ NOTHING but the Blood Of Jesus” for Salvation will be called out by me....
You know that part of Paul’s Gospel ( 1Cor15:1-4 ) where it says You MUST Believe that Jesus “died for your sins?” ...... You simply don’t believe it .....I do.....If Jesus died for all of my sins, there is n sin that can be damned for.....knowing that I don’t WANT to sin, but having a brain and knowing that I WILL sin on occasion, despite my best wishes ( James said that we ALL ‘ stumble’ at times ) and knowing I can do what I “want” to do and not go to Hell —- knowing that Truth has just the OPPOSITE effect on a person that the confused and ignorant think is true.....I do what I want and God changes my “wants” so that “ my will” lines up with “ God’s Will”.....

Yes , knowing that I can Sin, yet never be damned for it because of my Faith in The Finished Work Of Christ at the Cross , does just the reverse of what you “ Blind Guides” think.....it makes me want to Sin *LESS* — not MORE .....Christianity is crazy like that....likely you will never understand the way God Works in your Heart ....
Every time I lie around and realize that I can do anything I “want” and not go to Hell for it ......I don’t “want” to do bad things anymore....Therein lies the True Power over Sin—- NOT your Fear of dropping into Hell every five minutes because of an Unrepented Sin and NOT because of your “ Will- Power” ...

We are done talking. Nothing I say with God’s Word is going to help you at this time. Those who want to do evil will listen to you. Those who want to do good will eventually avoid you like the plague.

May God be merciful to you.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 4:3 NLT
“God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.”

1 Thessalonians 4:3 KJB
“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:”

You are “ big” on all the sex stuff aren’t you? So was Jimmy Swaggert.....just sayin’...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways, the man who fornicated in the church in 1 Corinthians 5 was kicked out.

And the man was warmly welcomed back in later after God used Satan to chastise him as the others were warned not to get cocky.....there’s was a good reason for that warning —THEY could be the one to screw up next! After all, “ We ALL Stumble”.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are done talking. Nothing I say with God’s Word is going to help you at this time. Those who want to do evil will listen to you. Those who want to do good will eventually avoid you like the plague.

May God be merciful to you.

Good riddance.....you wouldn’t understand God's Word if it came up and bit you on the , Er ah.....posterior ....lol.....you AND your False Gospel are Accursed....Read Galatians and pray that God open your eyes—— you might want to concentrate on Gal1:8 .....it’s talking about YOU!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

I will continue to speak the truth on God’s Word here, but I will not directly address a particular OSAS person’s posts, but only indirectly if I feel it is necessary (and if God directs me to do so).

So I am not going anywhere.

In any event, may God’s love shine upon you all this fine day that the Lord has made.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. Those who want to do good will eventually avoid you like the plague.

I am VERY BIG on “doing good”.....I just know the best way to go about it....I don’t try.

There is no “ good” IN me....Because I REST in the Gospel Of Grace Though, there are Times That God Works HIS GOOD Through me...I take credit for all of the bad in my life and give “ Him” credit for all of the Good.....This is a good practice for Judgement Day, where the Truly Saved will be giving ALL the Glory to God and chaining NONE for themselves....

I often picture two big groups of people hanging around on Judgement Day .....kinda waiting in line to get their turn to meet with God....

One crowd will be rejoicing! Bragging about their “ Morality” and how they “ Kept the Law” and “ Lived the Christian Life” —— they can’t wait to meet God and get what they deserve for all the hard work and good deeds that they did.....

The other crowd will not be looking upon themselves with all of that admiration....” THEIR” eyes will be on Jesus and what HE ALONE accomplished....Like me, they are going to be eager to see the ONLY THING that ever Got them Saved and the ONLY THING that ever KEPT them Saved....That “Thing” will be the Holiest, most precious thing in God’s vast universe—— Its The Shed Blood of Jesus sprinkled on the Heavenly Mercy Seat.....by the time Judgement Day is over , EVERYBODY will KNOW that thecold Sing had it right all along—— it really WAS “ Nothing But The Blood”.....That Blood was the symbol for God's Love and Mercy and Grace....the ONLY things that Saved Anybody that was ever Saved.....The Love was there for all ( For God so Loved the world) ....Saving Grace was there for all that Rested in the Gospel Of Paul....as Paul said , “ We will ALL be Judged by My Gospel” ( Given to Him, of course, by Jesus)

Yep—- two crowds mulling about On Judgement Day —- which crowd do you think that “YOU” will be in? Being in the right crowd is the difference between Heaven and Hell....If you Want God to “ give you what you deserve”, He will grant you your wish—- You Deserve Hell, and you will be told to “ Depart—— He NEVER knew you....

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Christ does the good work through a believer (Philippians 2:13) (John 15:5). But our Lord will not do any good work through a person who justifies sin and evil (1 John 2:4) (Matthew 7:22-23, cf. Matthew 7:26-27). OSAS teaches that a person can sin and be saved (Both in the Hyper Grace OSAS Version and the OSAS lite version). Why play games with doing sin and or evil before God? Why take the chance or risk involving your soul?
Seek forgiveness with the Lord and turn from your evil ways and follow the Lord Jesus.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

I will continue to speak the truth on God’s Word here, but I will not directly address a particular OSAS person’s posts, but only indirectly if I feel it is necessary (and if God directs me to do so).

So I am not going anywhere.

In any event, may God’s love shine upon you all this fine day that the Lord has made.

And if I ever find out who this Dastardly OSAS person is I’ll be on him like a pit - bull on a Poodle! How DARE a man preach , “ Nothing But The Blood!” For Salvation!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

Christ does the good work through a believer (Philippians 2:13) (John 15:5). But our Lord will not do any good work through a person who justifies sin and evil (1 John 2:4) (Matthew 7:22-23, cf. Matthew 7:26-27). OSAS teaches that a person can sin and be saved (Both in the Hyper Grace OSAS Version and the OSAS lite version). Why play games with doing sin and or evil before God? Why take the chance or risk involving your soul?
Seek forgiveness with the Lord and turn from your evil ways and follow the Lord Jesus.

newsflash!!!! You sin. Every. Single. Day.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who have ears to hear:

In Matthew 25:31-46, we learn how one’s moral conduct in helping the poor or the unfortunate related to their entering the Kingdom, and yet those who did not help the poor in this life were told to depart from the Lord into everlasting fire. One has to twist the words of Jesus in this passage to make it about something other than what it plainly says. Why take the chance or risk in playing games with your soul over not believing and obeying this passage in this life? Why teach a doctrine that runs contrary to this truth revealed by our Lord?

323226_e313c885c1ce8fe529e8a13603e097f7.gif

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
newsflash!!!! You sin. Every. Single. Day.

What do you make of these verses?

“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24).

“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.” (1 Peter 4:1-2).

“…let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1).

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;” (Titus 2:11-12).

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.” (Romans 6:12).​

Side Note:

In other words: Please offer a word for word commentary on the above portions of Scripture in how you think they are true in what they say and yet they still align with your comment.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All splendid things to do, but if your desire is to get Saved , we don’t TURN “ FROM” Sin , we TURN “ TO” God...( “Turn to me and I will Turn to you” );Do that by Resting in the Gospel Found In 1 Cor15 :1-4......Do the former ( turn to him) , and HE will take care of the latter ( the Turning from sin)

Want to “Follow Jesus?” Great! Do what He said to do—- “Follow Paul”, Gods “ Chosen Vessel” to deliver proper Doctrine to all Believers in this new Church Age and in this dispensation Of Grace....

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

The thing is that OSAS does not really require you to follow Jesus and do good to be a part of His Kingdom. Even the OSAS lite version teaches you must sin in the future at some point and will always do so, and yet they no doubt believe they are still saved when they do sin again (Which is a part of their future declaration that says, “We will always sin this side of Heaven” - even though they say, “We don’t practice sin” - whatever that means). The OSAS Proponent will cry that all forms of righteous living on our part is… filthy rags. Yet, they quote Isaiah 64:6 mindlessly out of context to verse 5 (Isaiah 64:5). They make 1 John 1:8 a justification to do sin and evil in this life, and yet they ignore 1 John 2:3-4.

Last edited:

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you make of these verses?

“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” (Galatians 5:24).

“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.” (1 Peter 4:1-2).

“…let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Corinthians 7:1).

“For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;” (Titus 2:11-12).

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.” (Romans 6:12).​

Side Note:

In other words: Please offer a word for word commentary on the above portions of Scripture in how you think they are true in what they say and yet they still align with your comment.

thats not how this works, you heretic.

all you need to know is what john said;
“1 john 1:8: If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.“

the keyword here is “have”. Its not had, but have. You sin every single day, we all do. If you deny that, that makes you a heretic.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats not how this works, you heretic.

So you are saying you don’t have to explain verses that refute your belief?
If so, what biblical backing do you have for this kind of thinking?
Why are you not addressing the verses I put forth to you?
Are these verses not a part of Holy Scripture?

You said:
all you need to know is what john said;
“1 john 1:8: If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.“

the keyword here is “have”. Its not had, but have. You sin every single day, we all do. If you deny that, that makes you a heretic.

As for your quote of 1 John 1:8:

What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin,
we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."
(1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying you don’t have to explain verses that refute your belief?
If so, what biblical backing do you have for this kind of thinking?
Why are you not addressing the verses I put forth to you?
Are these verses not a part of Holy Scripture?

As for your quote of 1 John 1:8:

What is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 switches gears from 1 John 1:8 in regards to time; John talks about the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief. Why? Well, most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned as a part of their old life before coming to Christ (Regardless of whether they are “OSAS,” a “Sin and still be saved” type believer, or a “Conditional Salvationist”). So this clearly is a “gnostic belief” that John was warning the brethren about (See 1 John 2:26). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin,
we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."
(1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their future sins are paid for by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

John prescribes that we do not think that sin is an illusion, and we are automatically saved, but John is telling us to "sin not" and go to our advocate Jesus Christ (1 John 2:1), and confess our sins so as to be forgiven of sin and to be cleansed of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). How can you confess and be forgiven of sin if all your future sin is paid for? It makes no sense.

You can say that John is talking about a break of fellowship by one's sins and not a loss of salvation, but that would not be consistent with Scripture. 1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life, and he that does not have the Son does not have life.

and there it is. Welcome to ignore, heretic.

good riddance to bad rubbish

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways, the man who fornicated in the church in 1 Corinthians 5 was kicked out.

And the man was warmly welcomed back in later after God used Satan to chastise him as the others were warned not to get cocky.....there’s was a good reason for that warning —THEY could be the one to screw up next! After all, “ We ALL Stumble”.....
It's interesting that Paul regarded that man's sin in 1 Corinthians 5 as a sin unto death, for he said to turn him over to satan so that he might be saved on the day Jesus comes back. Was he a believer that fell away and needed to get right with God in order to be saved when Jesus comes back, or was he an unbeliever that had never been saved? What does it matter? He was going to go to hell either way. So let's focus on what actually matters - whether or not we're really saved in this very moment and ready to meet Christ. That's what the Bible focuses on.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU denying your “Lucky Repentance” stance that you have held for years
I have never held a 'lucky repentance' stance in my life. I've always understood that the believing person's sin is instantly forgiven by the blood of Christ the moment they commit it (except for the sin of unbelief, of course). And besides, I'm well aware of the scripture that says a man can not get saved again. That alone rules out any possibility that the 'lucky repentance' doctrine is true. It was that poor fellow with the self admitted emotional disability that you mercilessly bludgeoned to death that pushed that doctrine. I resisted it then, and I resist it now.