Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your own preaching is a person can Become Saved and then Become NOT Saved....

Why not inform us each day...
OF YOUR TERRIBLE DAILY HAPHAZARD Schedule?

Maybe you could make a personal calendar on your home page...So everyone would know on any particular day, “IF” you ARE their Friend or Foe...

* Your personal daily Calendar....Saved today...the next day your Salvation undone..Saved the next day...the next day your Salvation undone....Saved the next day...the next day your Salvation undone....

* Maybe you could then make POSTS ABOUT YOURSELF, “WHY” you repeatedly “receive” Salvation and “WHY” you repeatedly “have your Salvation undone”...

* Maybe you would become “famous” as a CASE STUDY for Biblical scholars!

:D
Why do OSASers result to personal insults when they are confronted with the FACT that they have ZERO Scripture?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@kcnalp
@etal

Anyone aside from kcnalp Confused, Wondering, Unknowing of:
WHO “them, they, them”...In John 10:28 ARE?

John 10:28
“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
Doesn't say we can't forsake God. That's what OSASers say.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judging nonOSASers as unsaved is "LOL"? OSASers aren't gonna like Judgment Day.

Laughing is not judging. I didn’t judge you. I disagree with what you say about an others belief of Gods giving a man His Gift of eternal salvation. I laugh because I think what you say, is what you believe, and plainly in utter opposition to Scripture. So plainly in opposition, it’s is comically bewildering.

Matthew 7:1-2 (NKJV)
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged;[/QUOTE]

Correct.
As “you have Judged a man” (who believes he has received eternal salvation once and forever from Gods Spirit) “to be false. And Judged that eternal salvation is from the devil...”
so also will your hoping for eternal salvation be not so, and also of the devil.

Excellent Scripture you posted. You would do well for the benefit of yourself to consider its meaning as applies to yourself.

Glory to God,
Taken

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Laughing is not judging. I didn’t judge you. I disagree with what you say about an others belief of Gods giving a man His Gift of eternal salvation. I laugh because I think what you say, is what you believe, and plainly in utter opposition to Scripture. So plainly in opposition, it’s is comically bewildering.

Matthew 7:1-2 (NKJV)
1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged;

Correct.
As “you have Judged a man” (who believes he has received eternal salvation once and forever from Gods Spirit) “to be false. And Judged that eternal salvation is from the devil...”
so also will your hoping for eternal salvation be not so, and also of the devil.

Excellent Scripture you posted. You would do well for the benefit of yourself to consider its meaning as applies to yourself.

Glory to God,
Taken
OSASers judge nonOSASers as unsaved. Deny all you like! You have ZERO OSAS Scripture. Satan LOVES OSAS!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No OSAS Scripture? Of course not! There are NONE!

This is an open forum regarding religious teachings of the Lord God Almighty.
There is an expectation of some maturity in basic knowledge and some beginners in Gods Word and some wise in Gods Word.

It is advantageous for a beginner to hear Gods Word for word, as written, before, delving into an expectation of receiving understanding of the knowledge they hear or read.

As a beginner advances, by and through their own effort of much hearing and much reading...their blessing of wisdom increases and blessings of understanding the knowledge increases.

Everyone “should” know OSAS, is a man-devised acronym, that stands for:
Once Saved Always Saved.

Everyone “should” know OSAS being a man-devised acronym, that specific acronym, is NOT in Scripture, nor is the phrase for which the acronym stands for.

However a wise man, can exert his own effort, to read Scripture and discover
* How many times the Lord God Gives a man his Gift of Salvation.
The answer is ONCE. The answer is revealed in the knowledge of Gods Word.
The HOW one receives his Gift, is in Scripture. The HOW requires a mans Heartful, Truthful Confession. The Lord God is ALL knowing. The man himself know his own Truth. And “IF” the man IS LYING, the man will know, God will know....AND....Gods Gift of Salvation shall not be given to a man who LIES to the Holy Spirit of God. As it would be a shame upon God.

By the Word ONCE...we are relating, what Gods Word requires, to RECEIVE Gods Gift of Salvation, while a man IS alive in his flesh.
ONE Calling upon the Lord God, to confess Heartful Belief IN Him.
A repetitive Calling upon the Lord God, would mean, the ONCE FIRST CALLING was a LIE. And Scripture itself WARNS about Lying to the Holy Spirit. And Scripture itself WARNS to be SURE of your calling.
There are no Do overs. Be SURE, before you call on the Lord God, to confess heartful belief IN Him. He requires ONCE your truth. If you are LYING, you have committed the unpardonable sin, and can not be forgiven of your sin against God, and thus without forgiveness, can not receive His Gift of Salvation.

Moving on to the next word...SAVED.
After ONCE according to Gods Order and Way, a man DOES heartfully Truthfully Confess his SURE Belief in the Lord God....the Knowledge in Scripture reveals, God WILL THEN, DO HIS WORKS, WHICH WILL ASSURE, that man:
IS Forgiven for having NOT Believed (sin against God)
IS Heart circumcised.
IS Given Gods Seed.
IS Given God Holy Spirit IN that man
IS Soul Saved
IS Spirit Quickened
IS Kept forever WITH God.
SHALL be risen IN Glory.

SAV-ED, is a mans own testament that he TRUSTS God is Faithful to have performed His Works in that man.
SAVED is a word revealing the GIFT of SALVATION has been Received.
SAVED is a word Jesus Himself used in application to characters IN Scripture.
Which is satisfactory proof for me, that receiving SALVATION ONCE, is not a new man-made phenomenon, but rather, OCCURRED IN Jesus day on earth, revealed out of Jesus’ own mouth.

Moving on to the next word...Always.
Alway is another word Jesus expressly used, in REGARD to men, having received their Salvation while alive in their flesh.
Jesus taught, He is ALWAY with a man WHO is Baptized with the HS.
Jesus taught, the HOLY SPIRIT is IN a man WHO is Baptized with the HS.
Jesus taught, the HOLY SPIRIT is ALWAYS and FOR EVER with a man Baptized with the HS.
Always IS For ever.
And by Jesus own teaching, a man WHO HAS received his Gift of Salvation, SHALL For ever, BE WITH the Lord God Almighty, and the Lord God Almighty BE WITH that man.
Can’t speak for you, however my understanding IS Always and For ever, IS without ceasing, without ending.
Can’t speak for you, however my understanding IS Jesus IS the Truth, can not lie, and I Trust that IS TRUE.

Yes bottom line...God, by, through, of Christ Jesus, Gave the world Gods Gift of Salvation, for any WILLING man to Heartfully Confess Belief, and Receive Gods Gift, BEFORE a mans flesh physically dies. I elected ONCE to call on the Lord God, according to Gods Order and Way, and Accept Gods Gift of Salvation, and fully Trust He is Faithful to have given His Gift of Salvation to me, by and through His Works IN me.

And NO...there is NOT ONE teaching in Scripture of “Gods Works” IN A MAN, By, through, of .... the HOLY SPIRIT... Ever becoming reversed, undone.

By your own testimony....You blatantly do not BELIEVE Once a man IS Saved he is Saved Forever.

That puts you in a precarious position.
You were asked, by me, IF you ARE saved.
Your reply was NOT, yes you ARE saved.
Your reply to me, was, YOU BELIEVE.

Also according to Scripture, men who believe, until the day of their FLESH DEATH, who endure (continue) BELIEVING....SHALL BE SAVED “THEN” at the time of their FLESH DEATH.
ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN testimony...even THEN, should you endure and keep believing to the day of your Physical day...YOU still are unsure IF you will receive salvation, IF it would be forever, IF you did receive salvation.

You speak very little about Salvation and By Default what you do say,
you are waging suspicion on Gods Word and Faithfulness to ONCE and FOREVER GIVE men His Gift of Salvation, AS IF Gods GIFT of SALVATION is some insignificant gift He is UNKNOWING, (of all things) and ALLOWS His Gift to be given to men AGAINST Him.

You should be aware, God is the great DIVIDER. From the beginning God has been DIVIDING. Jesus continued DIVIDING. And DIVIDING continues to this day. The DIVIDING is EXPRESSLY revealing WHO IS WITH God and WHO IS AGAINST God....And the NEW Heavens and New Earth prepared for manifestation WILL ONLY be occupied by those WITH God, and God WITH them.

And RECEIVING Gods Gift of SALVATION, IS HOW men “are being” and “shall be” SEPARATED from all the divided Against God.
RECEIVING Gods Gift of SALVATION “NOW”, before a mans physical Flesh Death....IS the BULK of the NEW “better” Testament, PRECISELY because it is an ASSURANCE unto a man, TO FOREVER BE WITH GOD!

Heb 7:
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do OSASers result to personal insults when they are confronted with the FACT that they have ZERO Scripture?

You could stop trying to change the topic of Salvation to your complaining of insults. Start you own thread of Insults, and complain away.

The fact is you have been given numerous references and quotes of Scripture that reveals:
God sent His Gift of Salvation into the world.
Gods Word reveals HOW a man Can, according to Gods Order and Way, Receive Gods Gift of Salvation He has prepared FOR THEM.
Men who desired to Possess His Gift of Salvation Have DONE SO, according to Gods Order and Way.
Men who Have received Gods Gift of Salvation TRUST Gods POWER and TRUST Gods FAITHFULNESS, IN THEM to KEEP Forever the Gift of Salvation they HAVE Received from God.

No one cares that YOU DISAGREE, with what other men Trust, Believe, Do. Have.

Your nasty repetitious habit of proclaiming and accusing;
what men Trust, Believe, Do, Have is False and of the DEVIL...
IS YOU Judging, while complaining YOU are being insulted...

POT calling the Kettle black is befitting.
And repeating over and over and over BY your own words...
Makes your insistence of enjoying your delusion comical.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A believer can forsake God...so no worries for you...as you declared you believe...you can also choose to stop believing and forsake God.

As well I have no worries....I can Never forsake God. I have already RECEIVED my Gift of Salvation. I have Gods Power IN me, KEEPING ME Saved unto Him.

I am already aware, of the powerful than myself ... ie.
cunning, deceiving Evil spirits and cunning, trickery of Wicked men OF this world, that are constantly on the prowl to sway, convince, tempt
BELIEVING men AWAY from God... AND...

I have chosen to accept Gods WAY, FOR HIS POWER TO BE WITH and IN me TO KEEP ME NOT VULNERABLE or IN DANGER of being ABLE to be deceived, tricked, fooled, BY evil spirits or BY wicked me OF this world...AND

I TRUST God IS the supreme POWER, thus, since HIS POWER IS IN ME...
I have NO WORRIES, of possibility to ever forsake God.

You...on the other hand...well...yes, I agree, you are still vulnerable and can forsake God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A person who IS SAVED, is speaking FOR themself.
They are NOT speaking FOR one who is NOT SAV-ED!

~sav-ED, is a clear that persons SALVATION has been ACCOMPLISH-ED.

~You have repeatedly rejected your ARE Sav-ED.

~You are still ABLE to forsake God.

~A SAV-ED man IS NOT ABLE to forsake God.

~ Gods Spirit IS God. Gods Spirit IN a man, IS God IN a man. God CAN NOT Stand AGAINST Himself!

Your repetitive accusations of Gods Salvation being from the Devil and Your repetitive finger poking to men who ARE Sav-ED, and seemingly advocating forsaking God.....is a very strange behavior of one who claims to BELIEVE, but is oddly SILENT regarding his own Salvation.

Very suspect.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an open forum regarding religious teachings of the Lord God Almighty.
There is an expectation of some maturity in basic knowledge and some beginners in Gods Word and some wise in Gods Word.

It is advantageous for a beginner to hear Gods Word for word, as written, before, delving into an expectation of receiving understanding of the knowledge they hear or read.

As a beginner advances, by and through their own effort of much hearing and much reading...their blessing of wisdom increases and blessings of understanding the knowledge increases.

Everyone “should” know OSAS, is a man-devised acronym, that stands for:
Once Saved Always Saved.

Everyone “should” know OSAS being a man-devised acronym, that specific acronym, is NOT in Scripture, nor is the phrase for which the acronym stands for.

However a wise man, can exert his own effort, to read Scripture and discover
* How many times the Lord God Gives a man his Gift of Salvation.
The answer is ONCE. The answer is revealed in the knowledge of Gods Word.
The HOW one receives his Gift, is in Scripture. The HOW requires a mans Heartful, Truthful Confession. The Lord God is ALL knowing. The man himself know his own Truth. And “IF” the man IS LYING, the man will know, God will know....AND....Gods Gift of Salvation shall not be given to a man who LIES to the Holy Spirit of God. As it would be a shame upon God.

By the Word ONCE...we are relating, what Gods Word requires, to RECEIVE Gods Gift of Salvation, while a man IS alive in his flesh.
ONE Calling upon the Lord God, to confess Heartful Belief IN Him.
A repetitive Calling upon the Lord God, would mean, the ONCE FIRST CALLING was a LIE. And Scripture itself WARNS about Lying to the Holy Spirit. And Scripture itself WARNS to be SURE of your calling.
There are no Do overs. Be SURE, before you call on the Lord God, to confess heartful belief IN Him. He requires ONCE your truth. If you are LYING, you have committed the unpardonable sin, and can not be forgiven of your sin against God, and thus without forgiveness, can not receive His Gift of Salvation.

Moving on to the next word...SAVED.
After ONCE according to Gods Order and Way, a man DOES heartfully Truthfully Confess his SURE Belief in the Lord God....the Knowledge in Scripture reveals, God WILL THEN, DO HIS WORKS, WHICH WILL ASSURE, that man:
IS Forgiven for having NOT Believed (sin against God)
IS Heart circumcised.
IS Given Gods Seed.
IS Given God Holy Spirit IN that man
IS Soul Saved
IS Spirit Quickened
IS Kept forever WITH God.
SHALL be risen IN Glory.

SAV-ED, is a mans own testament that he TRUSTS God is Faithful to have performed His Works in that man.
SAVED is a word revealing the GIFT of SALVATION has been Received.
SAVED is a word Jesus Himself used in application to characters IN Scripture.
Which is satisfactory proof for me, that receiving SALVATION ONCE, is not a new man-made phenomenon, but rather, OCCURRED IN Jesus day on earth, revealed out of Jesus’ own mouth.

Moving on to the next word...Always.
Alway is another word Jesus expressly used, in REGARD to men, having received their Salvation while alive in their flesh.
Jesus taught, He is ALWAY with a man WHO is Baptized with the HS.
Jesus taught, the HOLY SPIRIT is IN a man WHO is Baptized with the HS.
Jesus taught, the HOLY SPIRIT is ALWAYS and FOR EVER with a man Baptized with the HS.
Always IS For ever.
And by Jesus own teaching, a man WHO HAS received his Gift of Salvation, SHALL For ever, BE WITH the Lord God Almighty, and the Lord God Almighty BE WITH that man.
Can’t speak for you, however my understanding IS Always and For ever, IS without ceasing, without ending.
Can’t speak for you, however my understanding IS Jesus IS the Truth, can not lie, and I Trust that IS TRUE.

Yes bottom line...God, by, through, of Christ Jesus, Gave the world Gods Gift of Salvation, for any WILLING man to Heartfully Confess Belief, and Receive Gods Gift, BEFORE a mans flesh physically dies. I elected ONCE to call on the Lord God, according to Gods Order and Way, and Accept Gods Gift of Salvation, and fully Trust He is Faithful to have given His Gift of Salvation to me, by and through His Works IN me.

And NO...there is NOT ONE teaching in Scripture of “Gods Works” IN A MAN, By, through, of .... the HOLY SPIRIT... Ever becoming reversed, undone.

By your own testimony....You blatantly do not BELIEVE Once a man IS Saved he is Saved Forever.

That puts you in a precarious position.
You were asked, by me, IF you ARE saved.
Your reply was NOT, yes you ARE saved.
Your reply to me, was, YOU BELIEVE.

Also according to Scripture, men who believe, until the day of their FLESH DEATH, who endure (continue) BELIEVING....SHALL BE SAVED “THEN” at the time of their FLESH DEATH.
ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN testimony...even THEN, should you endure and keep believing to the day of your Physical day...YOU still are unsure IF you will receive salvation, IF it would be forever, IF you did receive salvation.

You speak very little about Salvation and By Default what you do say,
you are waging suspicion on Gods Word and Faithfulness to ONCE and FOREVER GIVE men His Gift of Salvation, AS IF Gods GIFT of SALVATION is some insignificant gift He is UNKNOWING, (of all things) and ALLOWS His Gift to be given to men AGAINST Him.

You should be aware, God is the great DIVIDER. From the beginning God has been DIVIDING. Jesus continued DIVIDING. And DIVIDING continues to this day. The DIVIDING is EXPRESSLY revealing WHO IS WITH God and WHO IS AGAINST God....And the NEW Heavens and New Earth prepared for manifestation WILL ONLY be occupied by those WITH God, and God WITH them.

And RECEIVING Gods Gift of SALVATION, IS HOW men “are being” and “shall be” SEPARATED from all the divided Against God.
RECEIVING Gods Gift of SALVATION “NOW”, before a mans physical Flesh Death....IS the BULK of the NEW “better” Testament, PRECISELY because it is an ASSURANCE unto a man, TO FOREVER BE WITH GOD!

Heb 7:
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Glory to God,
Taken
That's a lot of smoke screen. Still NO OSAS in Scripture!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could stop trying to change the topic of Salvation to your complaining of insults. Start you own thread of Insults, and complain away.

The fact is you have been given numerous references and quotes of Scripture that reveals:
God sent His Gift of Salvation into the world.
Gods Word reveals HOW a man Can, according to Gods Order and Way, Receive Gods Gift of Salvation He has prepared FOR THEM.
Men who desired to Possess His Gift of Salvation Have DONE SO, according to Gods Order and Way.
Men who Have received Gods Gift of Salvation TRUST Gods POWER and TRUST Gods FAITHFULNESS, IN THEM to KEEP Forever the Gift of Salvation they HAVE Received from God.

No one cares that YOU DISAGREE, with what other men Trust, Believe, Do. Have.

Your nasty repetitious habit of proclaiming and accusing;
what men Trust, Believe, Do, Have is False and of the DEVIL...
IS YOU Judging, while complaining YOU are being insulted...

POT calling the Kettle black is befitting.
And repeating over and over and over BY your own words...
Makes your insistence of enjoying your delusion comical.
See #654.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A believer can forsake God...so no worries for you...as you declared you believe...you can also choose to stop believing and forsake God.

As well I have no worries....I can Never forsake God. I have already RECEIVED my Gift of Salvation. I have Gods Power IN me, KEEPING ME Saved unto Him.

I am already aware, of the powerful than myself ... ie.
cunning, deceiving Evil spirits and cunning, trickery of Wicked men OF this world, that are constantly on the prowl to sway, convince, tempt
BELIEVING men AWAY from God... AND...

I have chosen to accept Gods WAY, FOR HIS POWER TO BE WITH and IN me TO KEEP ME NOT VULNERABLE or IN DANGER of being ABLE to be deceived, tricked, fooled, BY evil spirits or BY wicked me OF this world...AND

I TRUST God IS the supreme POWER, thus, since HIS POWER IS IN ME...
I have NO WORRIES, of possibility to ever forsake God.

You...on the other hand...well...yes, I agree, you are still vulnerable and can forsake God.
No OSAS in Scripture? Of course not!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who IS SAVED, is speaking FOR themself.
They are NOT speaking FOR one who is NOT SAV-ED!

~sav-ED, is a clear that persons SALVATION has been ACCOMPLISH-ED.

~You have repeatedly rejected your ARE Sav-ED.

~You are still ABLE to forsake God.

~A SAV-ED man IS NOT ABLE to forsake God.

~ Gods Spirit IS God. Gods Spirit IN a man, IS God IN a man. God CAN NOT Stand AGAINST Himself!

Your repetitive accusations of Gods Salvation being from the Devil and Your repetitive finger poking to men who ARE Sav-ED, and seemingly advocating forsaking God.....is a very strange behavior of one who claims to BELIEVE, but is oddly SILENT regarding his own Salvation.

Very suspect.
No OSAS? Of course not. It doesn't exist in Scripture!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSASers judge nonOSASers as unsaved.
Deny all you like! You have ZERO OSAS Scripture. Satan LOVES OSAS!

In internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.

Trolls often use inflammatory messages to provoke emotional responses out of people, disrupting otherwise civil discussion.

I have responded to your wildly off topic, and inflamed repetitive accusatory claims with sincerity and Scriptural Truths.
The disruption and inSINcerity of diverting this thread to all about your whining and accusations is overwhelmingly reached a point of ad nauseam.

Time for me to regard a most appropriate Scriptural Teaching...and it’s root word IGNORE.

1 Cor 14:
[38] But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Because;

Rom 10:
[3] For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Satan LOVES OSAS!

Because;

My brethren IN Christ, ARE they who, like myself HAVE SUBMITTED themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Bye Stranger.

Praise and Glory unto God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Saved, Always Saved?
OP ^

Not a question, but rather a Fact.

Yes.
Once the Almighty Baptizes a man with HIS Holy Spirit, that man IS Always and Forever Saved unto and With the Lord God Almighty.

Matt 28:
[
20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Glory to God,
Taken

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. This “new OSAS”, is news to me. But then I should not be surprised...changing the truth into a lie, is rampant...and in Churches appears to be no exception.
I assume your talking to someone i can’t see

There is no new OSAS. We see in James and Jude that licentious believers were around since the beginning of the church. This false belief I will play the game but not repent belief is nothing new..

Its just another argument for legalistic christians to try to take the truth of Gods grace and continue in their hard heartedness

Reactions: Taken