One more pope before Christ returns?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Actually it is much closer to 600 years since the last Pope stepped down.

As far as the prophecy you mention, I heard that the next Pope will be the last one.
I have also heard he will be the last one to have a full term and the NEXT Pope after that will see Christ return during his reign.

I have also heard that the Minnesota Vikings are guaranteed winners of the Super Bowl next year.

I give them all the same level of accuracy.

I find it very difficult to put my faith in the the information found in the link you provided.

Perhaps if there was other corroborating information from a different source......

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its called the Prochecy of St Malachy the next Pope will be the last Pope you can look it up easliy but it reads

In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit. Petrus Romanus, qui paſcet oues in multis tribulationibus: quibus tranſactis ciuitas ſepticollis diruetur, & Iudex tremẽdus iudicabit populum ſuum. Finis.
Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read that story several times. Is it God inspired? who knows. Given the times and seasons we are living in, I would say, High probability the next Pope will be the last one.

As for the Minnesota Vikings winning the Super Bowl, I have said the world will end when the Vikings win the Super Bowl. ( My prophecy )
From Minnesota, Pomp.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
If you know your history, you will know that every single cnetury in human history since the beginning of Christianity has been marked with some sort of prophesy or theory that the world is going to end.

I can't take any theory seriously, and for good reason- Scripture dictates that when the endtimes are near, you won't have to hear it from someone else. God will phrophesy through you and others. People from all over will start to hear that trumpet.

And I like it that way- it is so militantly awesome!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Ruth said:
Can you explain?
The Pope is Catholic and Catholic's or Popes are never mentioned in the bible. If it is not mentioned it is only a man's opinion. If it can't be proven by scripture you can rest assured they are wrong.

The scripture one gives should be clear, not symbolic.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Rocky Wiley said:
The Pope is Catholic and Catholic's are never mentioned in the bible. If it is not mentioned it is only a man's opinion. If it can't be proved by scripture you can rest assured they are wrong.
Prophecy is a gift of the Holy Spirit it did not stop with the apostles. We are to discern all things, we can watch and see.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Ruth said:
Prophecy is a gift of the Holy Spirit it did not stop with the apostles. We are to discern all things, we can watch and see.
Let me put it another way. Jesus came to fulfill all that had been written about him and since he did that, there is nothing else for him to do. God can not lie.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Actually I hear this retired "pope" was an interim pope, and the last one to come is to arrive after the next and his name will be Peter. There's also further speculation the last "pope" will be black.

Any takers? :)

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rocky Wiley said:
The Pope is Catholic and Catholic's or Popes are never mentioned in the bible. If it is not mentioned it is only a man's opinion. If it can't be proven by scripture you can rest assured they are wrong.

The scripture one gives should be clear, not symbolic.
R.W. The U.S.A. is not talked about in the Bible either, yet here we are. I think the U.S. A. has done more to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ then any group other then the Jews. But not in the Bible. go figure.
Pomp.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
pompadour said:
R.W. The U.S.A. is not talked about in the Bible either, yet here we are. I think the U.S. A. has done more to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ then any group other then the Jews. But not in the Bible. go figure.
Pomp.
Actually, it is talked about if one knows where the original people who founded this nation came from. But that's another topic for another time. But on that note, check out this thread:

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17620-pope-resigns/?p=185359