One Thing We Must Do to Be in Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Imputed righteousness is knowledge only...
Which means that you know nothing about imputed righteousness yet write lengthy posts about righteousness!
No man is justified and called a righteous friend of God, until they are doing the good work of faith and not sinning against God.
This reveals your ignorance of the meaning of justification. Once again you need to (1) firstly study the Bible carefully and prayerfully, and (2) write only that which corresponds to Scripture, not your fantasies.

Since I have recently posted a thread on imputed righteousness, you should go there and see what justification and imputed righteousness are all about. But before that you need to know (a) the meaning of the grace of God and (b) the significance of the finished work of Christ.

You are promoting a false gospel on this forum, so take heed that you do not persist in your errors. No one enters Heaven based upon their own righteousness.

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One Thing We Must Do to Be in Heaven

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:20
In regards to Matthew 5:20 - "unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven," this statement from Jesus would come as a shock to the multitude of people who had great admiration of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, for their knowledge of the law and seeming righteousness and holiness in external observance of the law, yet Jesus points out their righteousness was defective.

Paul makes it clear in Romans 10:3-4, "For they (Israel) being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who BELIEVES."

We see in the parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector an example of those who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, yet despised others. (Luke 18:9-14) The righteousness that exceeds the "righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees" (self righteousness) is the righteousness of God which is from God by faith.

Philippians 3:9 - and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, therighteousness which is from God by faith.

Romans 3:21 - But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference.

Romans 4:5 - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO why do you continue to sin??
Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

Reactions: Dropship

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're not going quote me doing something, then your accusations are foolish.

Until you read what I write, then don't pretend to be replying to me personally.

You are free to post independently any counter teaching you want.

I read what you wrote and you lie against god and His Word. Post 1 is doctrines of demons!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to get to heaven you have to to ask Jesus into your heart & believe that he has saved you & accept him as your Savior, you must also repent of anything that is wrong in your life & believe that he died for you & rose again

YOu add too much:

Paul said it simply:

Romans 10:9
King James Version

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

this is it! NOthing else.

Everything else you mentioned ushers forth from this one thing we must do!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't ever believe you have to work for your salvation. The Holy Spirit reveals Jesus to you and then will help you live the Christian life. You do not have to change yourself but allow God to change you - transform you by the renewing of your mind - as the bible says. Of course if you truly love God he will give you good works to do but they are not the foundation of your salvation. The only foundation is the Rock which is Jesus. God's grace and forgiveness are free for the asking and anybody can ask, nobody is too dirty that God can't clean them.
If you haven't 'changed yourself' from fornicating, but are still 'waiting' for the Lord to do it for you, then He is waiting for you to start obeying Him and stop sinning with the devil.

We change ourselves with Him and His power, not without Him by our own power of will.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We do the repenting and changing that we are given power to do. Anyone waiting for 'change' to be done by God is no doing the word, but is only waiting to do it.

Are you saying someone can be fornicating now, and not be of the devil, but a born son of God?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you haven't 'changed yourself' from fornicating, but are still 'waiting' for the Lord to do it for you, then He is waiting for you to start obeying Him and stop sinning with the devil.

We change ourselves with Him and His power, not without Him by our own power of will.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We do the repenting and changing that we are given power to do. Anyone waiting for 'change' to be done by God is no doing the word, but is only waiting to do it.

Are you saying someone can be fornicating now, and not be of the devil, but a born son of God?
Excuse me, but you seem to have a dirty mind to have read anything about 'fornicating in that post. A truly born again Regenerated person will not have to change themselves. God will do it as they open themselves up to him and trust the Holy spirit. if you believe we must change ourselves then you are preaching a false gospel and are not part of the true Church of Christ.

I will say it again we do not have to work for our salvation because we are changed through God's grace. any so-called church that preaches works is preaching a false gospel. And no wonder it is so hard for people to know the truth when leaders they trust are telling them lies.

Reactions: mailmandan

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While this is necessary, the basis of entry into Heaven is not your righteousness but the righteousness of Christ. Unless you and I are clothed in His righteousness -- imputed righteousness -- it will not matter what anyone does or does not do. And God imputes righteousness when He justifies a sinner PURELY BY HIS GRACE and solely on the basis of the finished work of Christ. It is "Christ in you" which is "the hope of glory". The GIFT of God is eternal life (which you failed to mention).

Also, God deals with Christians who persist in sin. See Hebrew 12 and other passages. But no one goes to Heaven based upon their own righteousness.
Lets finish that sentence shall we , FOR THEIR IS NONE that is righteous . CLING TO CHRIST for in HIM we are made
the righteousness of GOD . AND ye can know the tree one is of by the fruits produced .
Remember the fruit of the wicked is .......TO SIN , the FRUIT and fruits of the SPIRIT .
well lets see the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT is in all goodness , righteousness and truth
proving what is acceptable to GOD . NOT what the world calls acceptable , but what GOD has called acceptable .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which means that you know nothing about imputed righteousness yet write lengthy posts about righteousness!
This reveals your ignorance of the meaning of justification. Once again you need to (1) firstly study the Bible carefully and prayerfully, and (2) write only that which corresponds to Scripture, not your fantasies.

Since I have recently posted a thread on imputed righteousness, you should go there and see what justification and imputed righteousness are all about. But before that you need to know (a) the meaning of the grace of God and (b) the significance of the finished work of Christ.

You are promoting a false gospel on this forum, so take heed that you do not persist in your errors. No one enters Heaven based upon their own righteousness.
I have given the Scriptural proof of imputed righteousness by faith, vs being righteous by doing the faith. You reject it, because you reject Scripture as written.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

I'll not be enduring more traditional excuses for sinning, by them that do not believe what is plainly written

All of the OSAS doctrine of unrighteous christians sinners is for one purpose only: to reject James 2.

Right.

And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Enoch the Fierce.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excuse me, but you seem to have a dirty mind to have read anything about 'fornicating in that post. A truly born again Regenerated person will not have to change themselves. God will do it as they open themselves up to him and trust the Holy spirit. if you believe we must change ourselves then you are preaching a false gospel and are not part of the true Church of Christ.

I will say it again we do not have to work for our salvation because we are changed through God's grace. any so-called church that preaches works is preaching a false gospel. And no wonder it is so hard for people to know the truth when leaders they trust are telling them lies.
I apologize. It was not clear that I was speaking in general use of the term 'you'. The question is about anyone.

And fornication is simply one example of sinning, that every Christian can agree is sinning for the devil against God.

And so, are you teaching that anyone still fornicating, can be a saved and born son of God, waiting to be changed by God?

Or are you saying that once we are born of God in Christ Jesus, we are not to be found sinning against Christ, such as fornicating?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And so, are you teaching that anyone still fornicating, can be a saved and born son of God, waiting to be changed by God?
Nobody is too dirty for God to love and save. Anybody who recognises that their life is a mess can turn to Jesus and ask God for forgiveness and will receive it through God's grace.

Seems like you yourself may have had a problem with fornication in the past as you keep mentioning it. It is no worse than any other sin. Sin is sin and does not have a grade scale. All sin separates humans from their creator God. And salvation is available to all sinful humans through the blood of Jesus.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Question- My dear old uncle Bill liked a drink and was often sloshed, but surely that's not as bad as the sin of getting millions of people killed like Hitler did?
My point is that God might overlook minor sins, but not big bad ones?

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question- My dear old uncle Bill liked a drink and was often sloshed, but surely that's not as bad as the sin of getting millions of people killed like Hitler did?
My point is that God might overlook minor sins, but not big bad ones?

God "overlooks" NO SIN!!! James 2:10

"Mortal", and "Venial" SIN is only a blasphemous Roman Catholic invention, nothing more.