One Thing We Must Do to Be in Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But there is sin and sins. Sin is what separates us from God and all humanity are in this category until we repent and receive Jesus then we go from sinners to saints. We no longer have that sinful nature but we do sometimes commit sins which are already covered by the Blood but which we need to confess to God in order to keep a clean slate.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there is sin and sins.
True. It's called sinning and and sinnings.

Sin is what separates us from God and all humanity are in this category until we repent and receive Jesus then we go from sinners to saints.

Sinning separates us from God: no soul is alive in Christ while sinning for the devil.

We no longer have that sinful nature but we do sometimes commit sins which are already covered by the Blood but which we need to confess to God in order to keep a clean slate.

OSAS is theory of vain imagination, not doctrine of truth: it teaches theoretically repenting of an imaginary 'sin nature', while go on sinning for the devil against God.

They repent of the 'idea' of sin, while still sinning. They think being saved is to now to hate sinning while sinning, and so they separate 'sin' from committing sin and sinning.

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

No one teaching that any person can be sinning against God, and be a child of the devil and saved son of God, has any faith nor fear of God in their hearts.

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe and hope that God exist, and that his son was enough to take away my sins (even the whole worlds); all the past, present, future sins by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Now being set free in the Lord I shouldn't use the freedom that he has allowed me to have to serve sin, but instead serve God and love, serve others. Romans 6:9-11. Galatians 5:13.

Reading the bible renews the mind and heart - by allowing God to work in and through your heart and mind.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe and hope that God exist, and that his son was enough to take away my sins (even the whole worlds); all the past, present, future sins by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Now being set free in the Lord I shouldn't use the freedom that he has allowed me to have to serve sin, but instead serve God and love, serve others. Romans 6:9-11. Galatians 5:13.

Reading the bible renews the mind and heart - by allowing God to work in and through your heart and mind.
Reading the bible and learning that JESUS teaches us That if one denies HIM they are denied .
That if one confesses and believes they are saved but if they dont they will be damned .
SO if you want to serve others and do them great good , TELL them COME TO CHRIST that ye may have eternal life .
ANd if any follows another religoin Preach JESUS to them and dont allow them to think at their end they will be saved anyway even if they follow budda or muhammed . ALSo since we are on this note let us remember WE cant be a praticing buddist muslim or any other
and a christain . And we cant preach a gospel that would let folks believe that even if they deny Christ they wont be damned .
WHEN in truth they will be . SO since you brought up reading the bible , I suggest you actually do read it , read ALL that JESUS taught .
And let us not pick and choose things but rather embrace it all . No more giving anyone false hope , instead
Preach JESUS cause HE ALONE IS THE ONLY HOPE and ONLY SALVATION one has . TEACH them TO BELEIVE ON JESUS
\and do behold both the goodness and severity of GOD . BEHOLD BOTH .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you doing, that makes you more righteous than a Pharisee?
I said nothing about me one way or the other.

If you're sinning, you're no more righteous than any other sinner on earth, whether Pharisee or Satanist.
I only quoted the title of your OP and a scripture which seems to address the subject.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In that case are we all hellbound because none of us is a goody two-shoes?..:)
Jesus said-
“No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
If we are born again our sins are forgiven - all of them - even the ones we may commit after salvation which we need to confess in order to keep clean.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If we are born again our sins are forgiven - all of them - even the ones we may commit after salvation which we need to confess in order to keep clean.

Do born again Christians commit sins?..;)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do born again Christians commit sins?..;)

This is what Jesus said:

Matthew 26:41 -> Temptation is always going to manifest itself somehow some way.
This is what Paul said -> 1 Corinthians 10:13

Always a choice between the flesh and spirit, and we do fail cause if we couldn't fail we would never need Yeshua.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love God and stop sinning for His name's sake.
I don't think we are to live in Heaven but here on Earth the way God intended, those that are to be in Heaven are already chosen, the Earth will be made a paradise again, the way it was supposed to be before Adam and Eve, incurred Death on us.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..those that are to be in Heaven are already chosen..

But isn't the earth a 'testing ground' to see who qualifies for heaven?
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)
I think Earth is a testing ground to see who will live in paradise here on Earth.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things originate with Jehovah Dan, especially Love.
Amen! Love is certainly not something that men merely conjure up through the flesh. Romans 5:5 - Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who 'qualify for heaven are those re-born into God's family through the blood of Jesus the sacrificial Lamb of God.
Rom 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that case are we all hellbound because none of us is a goody two-shoes?..:)
Jesus said-
“No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Humility of not claiming to be good, is not excuse for not doing good.

And 'goody two-shoes' is by them mocking loving Jesus and doing His righteousness.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we are to live in Heaven but here on Earth the way God intended, those that are to be in Heaven are already chosen, the Earth will be made a paradise again, the way it was supposed to be before Adam and Eve, incurred Death on us.
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Death of the soul passes upon the soul that is sinning, not by the sinning of another.

The earth was not made a paradise, but a garden was planted on earth. Mortal bodies still die, because all flesh was made of dust and mortal from the beginning.