only a few...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Paul kept all 10 Commandments.

They are not difficult to keep.

The Holy Spirit assists us in obeying them and James 3:2 makes plain that slipping up while obeying them daily is intended to be part of Christian living. Slipping up is not the same as living daily in habitual sin like yourself and others who refuse to obey.Coming from a Pharisee yourself, it is absolutely hilarious that you would mention the exact tactic that you are employing with this post.

You live in disobedience to God's Word and teach others to do the same.
Matthew 5:19-20

You might enjoy this:
Let's Talk, CB!
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. Rom7:6

You either follow after the Holy Spirit or the written code, it is, according to Paul one or the other. Only the Holy Spirit can lead you into truth, which is why, those who follow the written code are severely limited in their understanding.
I repeat, Paul wrote to born again christians that the ten commandments are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation, but Paul understood what was required to obey that law.
To say the letter of the ten commandments are not difficult to keep, shows an abject lack of understanding what that law demands

Reactions: mailmandan

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. Rom7:6

You either follow after the Holy Spirit or the written code, it is, according to Paul one or the other. Only the Holy Spirit can lead you into truth, which is why, those who follow the written code are severely limited in their understanding.
I repeat, Paul wrote to born again christians that the ten commandments are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation, but Paul understood what was required to obey that law
Paul obeyed all 10 Commandments.

And your standing claim is that the Commandment not to covet is impossible for anybody to keep.

We can't possibly keep ourselves from lustfully desiring what our neighbor has?

Well, guess we'd better throw the other 9 in the trash then.

By the way, you're a hypocrite because you obey 8 or 9 of the Commandments yourself while preaching that people should not keep the Commandments because it is impossible. You yourself are keeping the majority of them and EXPECTING all Christians to do the same, but you preach a doctrine of men (Pharisees) that says 'Do not obey the Commandments because they're impossible to obey.'

Hypocrite and Liar.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
ok let me rephrase the question, when a person is justified, is a person fully sanctified at that moment? Or is sanctification a process that lasts until death?

THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE HERE INTENDED, UNDER THE TERM “SANCTIFIED;” they are described as sanctified people. What does this mean? We usually say there are two meanings to the term “sanctified.” One is, “set apart.” God has set apart his people from before the foundation of the world, to be his chosen and peculiar inheritance. We are sanctified by God the Father. There is a second meaning, which does not imply the decree of the Father, but the work of the Holy Spirit. We are sanctified in Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit when he subdues our corruptions, imparts to us graces, and leads us onward in the divine walk and life of faith.
We were sanctified...set apart..now sanctification is progressive.
As to your question
Yes, a person is fully sanctified at the moment of being born from above.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Eph 1:8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Eph 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, ...this includes sanctification

Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
J.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
By the way, you're a hypocrite because you obey 8 or 9 of the Commandments yourself while preaching that people should not keep the Commandments because it is impossible.

Hypocrite and Liar.
Where did I write, peoples lives should not reflect God's good and Holy laws? See how easy it is to disobey the ten commandments, you just broke the ninth one!
I see you couldn't reply to the points made in the post:

So, you claim to have nothing you ever put before God. For anything you ever put before God is a god put before him.

In your mind you never erect any graven images.

You never get angry with any of your brothers

You never look at any woman with lust in your eye

You never tell any little lies, none at all, no fibs whatsoever

You never at all bear false witness

You never have any impure thoughts.

You must answer no to all of them I guess, for to you, obeying the ten commandments is not hard to do.

Do you even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ in the gospels? Do you fully obey each and every one? If you want to obey God’s laws, a truthful response is required to these questions

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE HERE INTENDED, UNDER THE TERM “SANCTIFIED;” they are described as sanctified people. What does this mean? We usually say there are two meanings to the term “sanctified.” One is, “set apart.” God has set apart his people from before the foundation of the world, to be his chosen and peculiar inheritance. We are sanctified by God the Father. There is a second meaning, which does not imply the decree of the Father, but the work of the Holy Spirit. We are sanctified in Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit when he subdues our corruptions, imparts to us graces, and leads us onward in the divine walk and life of faith.
We were sanctified...set apart..now sanctification is progressive.
As to your question
Yes, a person is fully sanctified at the moment of being born from above.

dude seriously, i dont think you know which end is up. First you say sanctification is progressive, then, literally 2 sentences later you say it is complete at one moment.

let me answer the question correctly for you.. our sanctification is progressive, meaning it is a process that will last until our dying breath. So if you got saved at 16 and died at 80, your sanctification lasted 64 yrs.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I write, peoples lives should not reflect God's good and Holy laws? See how easy it is to disobey the ten commandments, you just broke the ninth one!
I see you couldn't reply to the points made in the post:

So, you claim to have nothing you ever put before God. For anything you ever put before God is a god put before him.

You must answer no to all of them I guess, for to you, obeying the ten commandments is not hard to do.

Do you even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ in the gospels? Do you fully obey each and every one? If you want to obey God’s laws, a truthful response is required to these questions
We're discussing the 10 Commandments. If you can't stay on topic, you are admitting that you cannot effectively counter the claims of this debate.

It might very well be that you don't know what the 10 Commandments are - as that is the case for the vast majority who speak out against them.

And you are not addressing the observation that you hypocritically keep the majority of them.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is the hypocrisy Jesus was very displeased with:
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach Matt23:2&3

Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. Luke12:1

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We're discussing the 10 Commandments. If you can't stay on topic, you are admitting that you cannot effectively counter the claims of this debate.

It might very well be that you don't know what the 10 Commandments are - as that is the case for the vast majority who speak out against them.

And you are not addressing the observation that you hypocritically keep the majority of them.
Well firstly, I gave you many of the ten commandments and asked you if you fully kept them all, I got no response did I. I think I have a better understanding of the ten commandments than you do. Paul certainly understands them better than you, that is why he told born again christians they are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation.
Your mistake is to focus on the ten commandments in order to see God's good and holy laws reflected in your life. I don't focus on them and then say I obey 7, 8 or nine of them.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many years ago, my mother whom I loved dearly was diagnosed terminally ill. My wife and I went to live with her for a few months during her illness, so she could stay in her home and be cared for. During this time, I did not covet what was mothers, I did not want to harm her, bear false witness against her, steal from her, I honoured her etc. My happiness was seeing her happy in the time she had left to live. Nothing was too much trouble to do for her. Taking her to see friends, and them to see her before the illness progressed was a joy to me.

One evening I was standing outside her bungalow and I reflected that I was living closer to the biblical ideal than I had ever done. Why? Did I look to the ten commandments and strive to obey them in order to be that way with my mother? No! I never once thought about them where she was concerned. So why was my life reflecting obedience to them where my mother was concerned? Because I loved her dearly’

Love fulfils the law

Reactions: Johann

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the hypocrisy Jesus was very displeased with:
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach Matt23:2&3
I want to be amazed that you would even post this verse to support your point, but I can't be because it is an indication of your lack of knowledge of the Scriptures.

This verse clearly presents the Pharisees and Scribes teaching the 10 Commandments as it states they "sit in Moses seat:" - yet it shows you definitively in the last sentence that they do not obey those Commandments.

You couldn't have picked a better verse for this debate.
Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. Luke12:1
Yes, they were hypocrites just like you and all others who teach against obedience to God and His Commandments.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I want to be amazed that you would even post this verse to support your point, but I can't be because it is an indication of your lack of knowledge of the Scriptures.

This verse clearly presents the Pharisees and Scribes teaching the 10 Commandments as it states they "sit in Moses seat:" - yet it shows you definitively that they do not obey those Commandments in the last sentence.

You couldn't have picked a better verse for this debate.Yes, they were hypocrites just like you and all others who teach against obedience to God and His Commandments.
They were called hypocrites because they did not practice what they preached. So why can you not answer following questions?

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

This verse clearly presents the Pharisees and Scribes teaching the 10 Commandments as it states they "sit in Moses seat:" - yet it shows you definitively in the last sentence that they do not obey those Commandments.

You couldn't have picked a better verse for this debate.Yes, they were hypocrites just like you and all others who teach against obedience to God and His Commandments.
Why do you break the ten commandments so casually? How can you break them so frequently without apparantly a conscience in doing so?
Where have I taught against obedience to God?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well firstly, I gave you many of the ten commandments and asked you if you fully kept them all, I got no response did I. I think I have a better understanding of the ten commandments than you do. Paul certainly understands them better than you, that is why he told born again christians they are the letter that kills, the ministry of death and condemnation.
Your mistake is to focus on the ten commandments in order to see God's good and holy laws reflected in your life. I don't focus on them and then say I obey 7, 8 or nine of them.
You don't even know what the 10 Commandments are.

Display your ignorance; post a list of the 10 Commandments and we'll go from there.

If you're not capable of accurately presenting the Biblical 10 Commandments, there's no reason to continue this discussion because you don't know what you're talking about.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You don't even know what the 10 Commandments are.

Display your ignorance; post a list of the 10 Commandments and we'll go from there.

If you're not capable of accurately presenting the Biblical 10 Commandments, there's no reason to continue this discussion because you don't know what you're talking about.
Why dont you put them up, and make sure to expand on them concerning what Christ taught in the beatitudes. Ie, If you even look at a woman with lust in your eye you have alreaddy committed adultery with her in your heart.
Im afraid, sadly, you prove what I wrote in an earlier post. The people who most earnestly state you must obey the ten commandments are the most guilty of flagrant disobedience to them. You appear not to care if you continually break the ninth one, so logic would dictate you must feel that way about them all

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago, my mother whom I loved dearly was diagnosed terminally ill. My wife and I went to live with her for a few months during her illness, so she could stay in her home and be cared for. During this time, I did not covet what was mothers, I did not want to harm her, bear false witness against her, steal from her, I honoured her etc. My happiness was seeing her happy in the time she had left to live. Nothing was too much trouble to do for her. Taking her to see friends, and them to see her before the illness progressed was a joy to me.

One evening I was standing outside her bungalow and I reflected that I was living closer to the biblical ideal than I had ever done. Why? Did I look to the ten commandments and strive to obey them in order to be that way with my mother? No! I never once thought about them where she was concerned. So why was my life reflecting obedience to them where my mother was concerned? Because I loved her dearly’

Love fulfils the law
Fulfilling the law fulfills the law.

Obeying all of the 10 Commandments fulfills the law just as Jesus fulfilled the law John 15:10 and expected the same of all His followers. That is exactly why they continued to fulfill them the very night of His death on the Cross when they all observed the 4th Commandment.

We are to live as Jesus lived. 1 John 2:6

Jesus obeyed all 10. John 15:10

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why dont you put them up, and make sure to expand on them concerning what Christ taught in the beatitudes. Ie, If you even look at a woman with lust in your eye you have alreaddy committed adultery with her in your heart.
Im afraid, sadly, you prove what I wrote in an earlier post. The people who most earnestly state you must obey the ten commandments are the most guilty of flagrant disobedience to them. You appear not to care if you continually break the ninth one, so logic would dictate you must feel that way about them all
You have repeatedly refused to accept the challenges I put forth and diminished your standing in this debate over and over. You are done and your position has been successfully proven wrong.

Thank you for assisting me in making my point in this exchange.

All those who read (besides your alters of course) will see clearly that Christians are to obey the 10 Commandments.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fulfilling the law fulfills the law.

Obeying all of the 10 Commandments fulfills the law just as Jesus fulfilled the law John 15:10 and expected the same of all His followers. That is exactly why they continued to fulfill them the very night of His death on the Cross when they all observed the 4th Commandment.

We are to live as Jesus lived. 1 John 2:6

Jesus obeyed all 10. John 15:10
Im going to put up a segment of verses, they refer to the ten commandments, one in particular. I know you cannot explain to me what they mean, verses by verse, can you prove me wrong?
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Romans7:4-11

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You have repeatedly refused to accept the challenges I put forth and diminished your standing in this debate over and over. You are done and your position has been successfully proven wrong.

Thank you for assisting me in making my point in this exchange.

All those who read (besides your alters of course) will see clearly that Christians are to obey the 10 Commandments.
The only positive thing I can say about your posts is, when I have written down various of the ten commandments, and what obedience to them entails you have been silent in saying whether you obey them or not, as have you concerning the commands of Christ in the gospels. That is always preferable to fibbing isn't it.
I'm afraid nothing is new under the sun. You simply reel off the letter of some commands, insist everyone obeys them, whilst you yourself casually break them. It is always the way I am afraid.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And still terrified to answer the question, I see.

Even the demons believe and shudder.

Demons also don't obey the Commandments.

You have already broken every conceivable Imperative by calling steven a liar and a hypocrite. you 'murdered' him and we are NOT under the 10 commandments, not up for debate,

Gal_2:16 yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, save through faith in Jesus Christ, even we believed on Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal_2:21 I do not make void the grace of God: for if righteousness is through the law, then Christ died for nought.

Gal_3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Gal_6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Php_3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, even that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

I cannot lift myself up by my own bootstraps since the law of Moses condemns, the law of faith excludes self-righteousness, the law of the mind consents to the law of Moses but cannot do it because of the law of sin in the members.
The law of the Spirit having power to deliver the believer from the law of sin in members, and my conscience from condemnation by the Mosaic law.
Moreover the Holy Spirit works in the yielded believer the very righteousness of Christ which Moses' law requires.
I am under the law/teachings of Christ having no self-righteousness of my own.
Pride comes in many forms and manifestations.

Allow my 'spokesman' to speak

I desperately throw myself on the grace and mercy of my Father through Christ Jesus my Lord, and through His shed blood, daily confessing my missing the mark.
J.