only a few...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what the Matthew 25 passage about the Sheep and Goats has to do with what is expected of us, but it appears that none of these things matter if we're not obeying the Commandments.

Jesus tells us in John 14:21-23 that it is prerequisite to receiving the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, Jesus doesn't know us and we are not accepted into heaven. Matthew 7:21-23 also shows that we must obey the Commandments when He tells the 'Many' who cried 'Lord, Lord' that they are being turned away because He never 'knew' them (never entered them as the Spirit) because they were workers of iniquity (habitual law breakers who caused others to sin as well as a result of their life example.)
OK, but in Matthew 25:31-46 those who do not those things in those verses get thrown into the fires of hell. So don't you see Matthew 25:31-46 as commandment? I do. Likewise for all the things I listed.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, but in Matthew 25:31-46 those who do not those things in those verses get thrown into the fires of hell. So don't you see Matthew 25:31-46 as commandment? I do. Likewise for all the things I listed.
Absolutely correct @devin553344
J.
No, I do not see Matthew 25:31-46 as any additional Commandment(s), as you stated in the previous post.

That is simply loving your fellow man, your neighbor. It is among Commandments 5-10 of the original 10 Commandments (which Jesus kept all of John 15:10) and is abbreviated by Jesus in the two great Commandments.

So, no. NOT absolutely correct. Absolutely wrong.

Jesus does not "add Commandments."

Now, what other excuses can you come up with not to obey?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct you are Robert, only the elect/chosen/few are saved..till the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.
J.

Even they are not "saved" presently Joe Heb 6:4-6. All Christians have to endure to the end, either till death, or to the end of this system.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No, I do not see Matthew 25:31-46 as any additional Commandment(s), as you stated in the previous post.

That is simply loving your fellow man, your neighbor. It is among Commandments 5-10 of the original 10 Commandments (which Jesus kept all of John 15:10) and is abbreviated by Jesus in the two great Commandments.

So, no. NOT absolutely correct. Absolutely wrong.

Jesus does not "add Commandments."

What are the commandments of Christ Jesus?
I can recall a 1050 Imperatives immediately to be promptly obeyed, no questions asked.
You do know what an Imperative is, don't you?

Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
Mar_12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Luk_10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
J.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If rudeness is your method, you sure have it down. Very judgmental talk against someone you don't even know. Wow, honestly wow.

Reactions: RedFan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So no one is presently saved, according to you Robert?
J.

Present salvation is walking above sin by the Spirit. INHERITING life is a whole other matter. No one inherits something until the end of something. if we remain faithful to Christ till the end...we have an inheritance. However, to experience salvation now we must enter into Christ to overcome as He overcame.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Present salvation is walking above sin by the Spirit. INHERITING life is a whole other matter. No one inherits something until the end of something. if we remain faithful to Christ till the end...we have an inheritance. However, to experience salvation now we must enter into Christ to overcome as He overcame.

I believe regeneration, redemption , justification, sanctification, sealing with the Holy Spirit all happened at the same time once the sinner entrusted him/her on the shed blood and belief that Christ Jesus is Lord and Savior.
J.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe regeneration, redemption , justification, sanctification, sealing with the Holy Spirit all happened at the same time once the sinner entrusted him/her on the shed blood and belief that Christ Jesus is Lord and Savior.
J.

Beliefs have no power. Faith does. And faith moves mountains. Sanctification is based on being IN Christ...He is our sanctification. we are justified through His life as we walk in the power of His Spirit. Being sealed for a later judgment works kind of like an RRSP. We have a chance to change our behaviour before we pass through the fires of judgment. Of course redemption begins with the new birth...the last redemption is for the body...putting off the corruptible and putting on the incorruptible. But to make the race of faith to be finished in one step is the modern error of making a sample to be the whole portion.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the commandments of Christ Jesus?
Quite clearly, the Commandments of Jesus are the Commandments of the Father.

Again, we are to live as Jesus lived.
1 John 2:6

How did Jesus live? He obeyed all the Commandments.
John 15:10

Jesus had no mind, no authority, nor ability, to do anything other than that which the Father did; and He was only about that which the Father was about.
John 10:30
John 5:19
Luke 2:49

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Quite clearly, the Commandments of Jesus are the Commandments of the Father.

Again, we are to live as Jesus lived.
1 John 2:6

How did Jesus live? He obeyed all the Commandments.
John 15:10

Jesus had no mind, no authority, nor ability, to do anything other than that which the Father did; and He was only about that which the Father was about.
John 10:30
John 5:19
Luke 2:49

And do you obey all the entole/nomos?
What is God's thelema/boule?
Let me guess, a resounding 'yes?'
J.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And do you obey all the entole/nomos?
What is God's thelema/boule?
Let me guess, a resounding 'yes?'
J.
Which Commandment of the 10 do you claim is impossible to obey?

This challenge exposes your kind every ... single ... time.

Go ahead and tell us which Commandment is impossible to keep, Johann.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If rudeness is your method, you sure have it down. Very judgmental talk against someone you don't even know. Wow, honestly wow.
Trying to get personal is a diversion and a distraction tactic.

Stick with the topic of debate unless you're throwing in the towel.

Can you continue with the debate or are you finished?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Beliefs have no power. Faith does. And faith moves mountains. Sanctification is based on being IN Christ...He is our sanctification. we are justified through His life as we walk in the power of His Spirit. Being sealed for a later judgment works kind of like an RRSP. We have a chance to change our behaviour before we pass through the fires of judgment. Of course redemption begins with the new birth...the last redemption is for the body...putting off the corruptible and putting on the incorruptible. But to make the race of face to be finished in one step is the modern error of making a sample to be the whole portion.
You want to major on minors?
Faith/believe/entrust...

Believe
BELIE'VE, v.t. To credit upon the authority or testimony of another; to be persuaded of the truth of something upon the declaration of another, or upon evidence furnished by reasons, arguments, and deductions of the mind, or by other circumstances, than personal knowledge. When we believe upon the authority of another, we always put confidence in his veracity.
When we believe upon the authority of reasoning, arguments, or a concurrence of facts and circumstances, we rest our conclusions upon their strength or probability, their agreement with our own experience, &c.
2. To expect or hope with confidence; to trust.
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psa 27.
BELIE'VE, v.i. To have a firm persuasion of any thing. In some cases, to have full persuasion, approaching to certainty; in others, more doubt is implied. It is often followed by in or on, especially in the scriptures. To believe in, is to hold as the object of faith. "Ye believe in God, believe also in me." John 14. To believe on, is to trust, to place full confidence in, to rest upon with faith. "To them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." John 1. Johnson. But there is no ground for much distinction.
In theology, to believe sometimes expresses a mere assent of the understanding to the truths of the gospel; as in the case of Simon. Acts 8. In others, the word implies, with this assent of the mind, a yielding of the will and affections, accompanied with a humble reliance on Christ for salvation. John 1:12. 3.15.
In popular use and familiar discourse, to believe often expresses an opinion in a vague manner, without a very exact estimate of evidence, noting a mere preponderance of opinion, and is nearly equivalent to think or suppose.

TRUST, n.
1. Confidence; a reliance or resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other sound principle of another person.
He that putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe. Prov 29.
2. He or that which is the ground of confidence.
O Lord God, thou art my trust from my youth. Psa 71.
3. Charge received in confidence.
Reward them well, if they observe their trust.
4. That which is committed to one's care. Never violate a sacred trust.
5. Confident opinion of any event.
His trust was with th' Eternal to be deem'd
Equal in strength.
6. Credit given without examination; as, to take opinions on trust.
7. Credit on promise of payment, actual or implied; as, to take or purchase goods on trust.
8. Something committed to a person's care for use or management, and for which an account must be rendered. Every man's talents and advantages are a trust committed to him by his Maker, and for the use or employment of which he is accountable.
9. Confidence; special reliance on supposed honesty.
10. State of him to whom something is entrusted.
I serve him truly, that will put me in trust.
11. Care; management. 1 Tim 6.
12. In law, an estate, devised or granted in confidence that the devisee or grantee shall convey it, or dispose of the profits, at the will of another; an estate held for the use of another.
TRUST, v.t. To place confidence in; to rely on. We cannot trust those who have deceived us.
He that trusts every one without reserve, will at last be deceived.
1. To believe; to credit.
Trust me, you look well.
2. To commit to the care of, in confidence. Trust your Maker with yourself and all your concerns.
3. To venture confidently.
Fool'd by thee, to trust thee from my side.
4. To give credit to; to sell to upon credit, or in confidence of future payment. The merchants and manufacturers trust their customers annually with goods to the value of millions.
It is happier to be sometimes cheated, than not to trust.
TRUST, v.i. To be confident of something present or future.
I trust to come to you, and speak face to face. 2 John 12.
We trust we have a good conscience. Heb 13.
1. To be credulous; to be won to confidence.
Well, you may fear too far--
Safer than trust too far.
To trust in, to confide in; to place confidence in; to rely on; a use frequent in the Scriptures.
Trust in the Lord, and do good. Psa 37.
They shall be greatly ashamed that trust in graven images. Isa 42.
To trust to, to depend on; to have confidence in; to rely on.
The men of Israel--trusted to the liars in wait. Judg 20.

Faith/believe/trust/have confidence..all the same, the problem is to whom we have faith in...
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Trying to get personal is a diversion and a distraction tactic.

Stick with the topic of debate unless you're throwing in the towel.

Can you continue with the debate or are you finished?
There is no debate since Christ, His Deity,His incarnation is under attack.
J.