only a few...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul can speak of people’s initial response of choosing to believe the gospel as an act of obedience, in which he describes it as 'obeying the gospel'

What you wrote is the essence of this....

"The WORK of God.......is that you believe on Jesus.....whom God Sent".

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@mailmandan Romans at the end and at the beginning of the Epistle speaks of 'obedience to the faith' and 'the obedience of faith'.
Also..

2Co_7:15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

2Co_10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the
obedience of Christ;

1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,
unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Shalom
J.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Also..

2Co_7:15 And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.

2Co_10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the
obedience of Christ;

1Pe_1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,
unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Shalom
J.
@Johann We were just reading from 1 Peter 1 earlier; thanks...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What you wrote is the essence of this....

"The WORK of God.......is that you believe on Jesus.....whom God Sent".
Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God,
that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
J.

Reactions: BarneyFife

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make SEVENTEEN points about the Holy Spirit, the same spirit that assists us in obeying the Commandments of God, that is Christ's Spirit Romans 8:9 (not some separate person, not one-third of the trinity -- Is your spirit a separate person from you? Mine is not; neither is Jesus') the same spirit that obeyed all of God's Commandments while in Christ's body on the earth John 15:10.

And then you seriously say this:?
You want to keep the teachings of Christ in your own
strength?
No, Einstein.

Nobody is talking about the "Teachings of Christ" but you. This has been about the 10 Commandments from the get-go. Yes, Christ taught them in His own way, but that's not what you're referring to. And the Spirit assists believers in obeying them. That's also how it's not works salvation.

But none of this is really NEWS to you.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct you are, I know where I'm going when I die, do you?
J.
Just like Paul, I won't know for sure until I reach the finish line.

Those who don't believe they can be led astray, do not keep their guard up 24/7 and they are not driven to seek God and serve Him daily.

In the end, many, many of them will say 'Lord, Lord' and be flabbergasted to discover that their seat was given to someone else.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just like Paul, I won't know for sure until I reach the finish line.

Paul never said anything like that.
So, Why do you make up the NT as you see fit, to teach your nonsense. ??
Paul said this about JESUS......""For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that Day.'"

Gen2rev, do you see, can you read that Paul said....i am PERSUADED"....
He was PERSUADED that his Faith "In Christ"...(that which i have committed to God)... would be Kept, that it is secure. <<!
That is :
Philippians 1:6

Gen2rev....You need to end your association with trying to deceive people on this Forum....asap.

Reactions: mailmandan

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul never said anything like that.
Yes. He did.
Gen2rev, do you see, can you read that Paul said....i am PERSUADED"....
No, I can't. Thank you for reading it to me.
Gen2rev....You need to end your association with trying to deceive people on this Forum....asap.
Oh.

Ok.

I'll end my association with that immediately.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of you are giving me stress pimples, wrinkles and A HUGE HEADACHE, so I post this for you all.............FB_IMG_1653006912260.jpg

Reactions: Robert Gwin