Only About 10% of Today's "Church" is Preparing the People for the End Days!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus ascended into the clouds in His physical body=the the same body Jesus had a few days before eating fish on the lake shore with His disciples!!
That is correct, so I suspect that you have confused the resurrection with the ascension.

The resurrection of Jesus demonstrated His power and victory over death. But His ascension marked the end of His physical or fleshly existence, for He then went to the Father, where flesh and blood cannot enter. The only biblical exception, is Him coming into the body (the church), which He does not do in the flesh, but in the spirit.

The mere fact that Jesus went to the Father proves that He was transformed in the spirit...and in this "same way" He comes again. Meaning in spirit.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, apart from some blatant [text addition] there, sure.
That was NOT any blatant text edition. Always looking to find fault. The words were clearly separated from the text for explanation and edification. The KJV is full of words in italics for the same purpose. Both passages are a reference to the Rapture, and if you would study out the matter (as you should have done before commenting) you would come to the same conclusion.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is correct, so I suspect that you have confused the resurrection with the ascension.

The resurrection of Jesus demonstrated His power and victory over death. But His ascension marked the end of His physical or fleshly existence, for He then went to the Father, where flesh and blood cannot enter. The only biblical exception, is Him coming into the body (the church), which He does not do in the flesh, but in the spirit.

The mere fact that Jesus went to the Father proves that He was transformed in the spirit...and in this "same way" He comes again. Meaning in spirit.

That is a lie straight out of hell. Jesus Christ will forever be the God/Man. He is, a physical Man at this time sitting at the right hand of God. (Heb. 10:12) He is flesh and bone, not flesh and blood. His blood has been applied to the true tabernacle in the Heavens. (Heb. 9:11-12)

Stranger

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus==For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (( only God can do these things))18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Colossians 1:15-20

Noah gave warning for 100+ years and still the people just laughed and mocked Until the rains came.
as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. Luke 17:26-29

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am saying only 10% of churches teach Bible prophecy and are not helping people to be ready for the rapture and return of JESUS. All churches need to help prepare their people to be ready and looking for Jesus's return. If Jesus returns today are you ready to meet Him in the clouds are do you feel you would need to do some praying,confessing and repenting first??
I am finding that a lot of ppl who call themselves evangelicals think it's somehow fashionable to be cynical and dismissive of the Lord's coming for His church. (John 14; 1 Thessalonians 4).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is at the door ready to return are you ready to meet Jesus?? Will you meet Jesus as your Lord and Saviot OR as your final judge??
These people were not ready and paid a very high price!!===as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus is at the door ready to return are you ready to meet Jesus?? Will you meet Jesus as your Lord and Saviot OR as your final judge??
These people were not ready and paid a very high price!!===as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Good to be ready, by God's grace!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only About 10% of Today's "Church" is Preparing the People for the End Days! What judgments will result from such failure?? Aprox. 25% of the Bible is prophecy=Don't ignore God's Word!!!

It always becomes questionable when Percentages are used....

So, aside from the Persentages, I would agree, FEW are being taught Preparation, FOR the end days.

For one thing, those, NOT being taught are NOT IN the Word, whether IN or OUT of a building called a church.

For another thing, I would agree, many IN the building, called a Church, are hearing HOW to claim Salvation....but failing to hear there is more preparation ON THEIR PART, after having received Salvation.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Acolyte

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a lie straight out of hell. Jesus Christ will forever be the God/Man. He is, a physical Man at this time sitting at the right hand of God. (Heb. 10:12) He is flesh and bone, not flesh and blood. His blood has been applied to the true tabernacle in the Heavens. (Heb. 9:11-12)

Stranger
Tell that to Jesus who inherited the kingdom, and Paul who said, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

...And if you don't want to be calling them liars, and you call yourself a Christian, you should be apologizing to me.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sadly, many who teach on the end times have little or no understanding of what is actually said in the scriptures regarding the End Times.

Many teach that Israel must be gathered by God and drawn back to the "Promised Land" but ignore the fact that God also said that around 4,000 years after the birth of Isaac, that some of Abraham's descendants will return to the land of Canaan in their own strength and that at that time the iniquities of the Amorite people would soon come to its full measure. Actually, God did tell us that He would gather the Israelites to Himself and enter into a refurbished covenant with them to become once again a Kingdom of priests and a Holy nation and His possession among all of the Nations of the Earth and that when this occurs, that He would plant them in fertile soil and teach them about the Things of Heaven and Salvation so that they will become a blessing to all of the nations of the earth as they perform the duties of the His kingdom of priest among the nations where they have been scattered.

The betrayers of the Gospel have built up an empty facade of lies that hides the pit into which they, their congregation, will tumble into willingly, because they chose to enter into the empty building behind the false facade of "respectable religion."

Who are these false preacher men? Well, the OP and the subsequent posts exposes who those people are as they give substance to their lies of deceit and false hopes.

I know that I can be secure in the Lord and His promises even if I should be physically killed for being secure in the Lord, as even that is part of His plan, if it should happen, to bring Salvation to all the nations of the earth at the appointed time.

I just wonder how many people are secure in Who the Lord is, or if they would rather had an intangible fleeting security at this point in the unfolding storyline of God's plan for those who respond graciously to His promises.

Shalom

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was NOT any blatant text edition. Always looking to find fault. The words were clearly separated from the text for explanation and edification. The KJV is full of words in italics for the same purpose. Both passages are a reference to the Rapture, and if you would study out the matter (as you should have done before commenting) you would come to the same conclusion.

I'm sorry, but when you (or even the KJV) add text that you assume must be there...but is not there in the original, then I call it an addition. It may well be for "exlanation" purposes, but does that justification actually wash, when you then go on to say that it HAS to mean the Rapture? Because, no, it does not have to mean the Rapture. And I'll tell you why. I think completely differently than you on what will happen in these last days, but from your own point of view, it still doesn't fly. The Titus verse: "waiting for the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ".
This word here "appearing"...it is used again in 2 Thess 8, where it talks about the Man of Sin, who Christ will kill with "the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming".
Same word, "epiphaneia", same usage; Christs 'appearing'. I believe for Dispensationalists, they think the "parousia" (as used in 1 Thess 2:9) is the Rapture, while this event, the "appearing", to kil the Man of Sin, is the second coming.
So...by your own school of thought, there is no necessity that this verse must be talking about the Rapture. Which brings me back to text addition, or at the very least; assumption.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell that to Jesus who inherited the kingdom, and Paul who said, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

...And if you don't want to be calling them liars, and you call yourself a Christian, you should be apologizing to me.

Sorry pal. I tell you again what you said is an outright lie. Jesus Christ will forever have the body He was resurrected with, which is the same body He was crucified in.

See (Heb.10:5) "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:"

This goes back to (Ps. 40:6). "Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened:..."

Note the change...or not a change, but equating 'a body hast thou prepared me' with 'mine ears hast thou opened'.

This goes back to (Ex. 21:5-6) "And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever."

Thus Jesus Christ has 'forever' taken on that body. And that body sits at the right hand of God today. To say otherwise is nothing but a lie.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry pal. I tell you again what you said is an outright lie. Jesus Christ will forever have the body He was resurrected with, which is the same body He was crucified in.

See (Heb.10:5) "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:"

This goes back to (Ps. 40:6). "Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened:..."

Note the change...or not a change, but equating 'a body hast thou prepared me' with 'mine ears hast thou opened'.

This goes back to (Ex. 21:5-6) "And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever."

Thus Jesus Christ has 'forever' taken on that body. And that body sits at the right hand of God today. To say otherwise is nothing but a lie.

Stranger
You forgot one thing - the church. You know...the "body." Remember now?

Nevertheless, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom."

...And you still owe me an apology.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot one thing - the church. You know...the "body." Remember now?

Nevertheless, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom."

...And you still owe me an apology.

I didn't forget the Church. The Church is that mystical Body of Christ. We too will have bodies of flesh and bone, just like Christ. No blood. The life agent in us is the Spirit of Christ. Just because we are the mystical Body of Christ, doesn't mean Christ has no physical body. He does.

You owe a lot of believers an apology for what you are trying to teach. You owe God an apology for the Jesus you are presenting.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't forget the Church. The Church is that mystical Body of Christ. We too will have bodies of flesh and bone, just like Christ. No blood. The life agent in us is the Spirit of Christ. Just because we are the mystical Body of Christ, doesn't mean Christ has no physical body. He does.

You owe a lot of believers an apology for what you are trying to teach. You owe God an apology for the Jesus you are presenting.

Stranger
Very mystical...but not biblical.

I quoted the verses. You ranted.

I think we're done.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very mystical...but not biblical.

I quoted the verses. You ranted.

I think we're done.

Not Biblical? Read (Eph. 3:1-10)

You said a lot. Not much quoting of verses. At least no address given. You either don't really know if what you're saying is true, or you are too lazy to look up the address.

If we're done, it's up to you.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not Biblical? Read (Eph. 3:1-10)

You said a lot. Not much quoting of verses. At least no address given. You either don't really know if what you're saying is true, or you are too lazy to look up the address.

If we're done, it's up to you.

Stranger
Yeah, Jesus and the prophets must have been lazy too.

But then again...you don't make the rules.

Reactions: Willie T

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, Jesus and the prophets must have been lazy too.

But then again...you don't make the rules.

You're the one who made the claim that the 'mystical Body of Christ' was not Biblical. (Eph. 3:1-10) proves you wrong. What rule does that involve?

Stranger