Only About 10% of Today's "Church" is Preparing the People for the End Days!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tell that to Jesus who inherited the kingdom, and Paul who said, "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God."

...And if you don't want to be calling them liars, and you call yourself a Christian, you should be apologizing to me.
I guess Jesus never asked for apologies and neither should we.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But for clarification

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Reactions: ScottA

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorry pal. I tell you again what you said is an outright lie. Jesus Christ will forever have the body He was resurrected with, which is the same body He was crucified in.

See (Heb.10:5) "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:"

This goes back to (Ps. 40:6). "Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened:..."

Note the change...or not a change, but equating 'a body hast thou prepared me' with 'mine ears hast thou opened'.

This goes back to (Ex. 21:5-6) "And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free: Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever."

Thus Jesus Christ has 'forever' taken on that body. And that body sits at the right hand of God today. To say otherwise is nothing but a lie.

Stranger
The Lord indeed did rise again bodily. The fact that one confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is also something that marks a true believer, in 1 John.

Yes, the opened ears (i.e., Hebrew: 'digged' = pierced) is an eloquent picture of the Lord's incarnation and obedient servanthood and indeed suffering. (It also shows I guess that Christians can regard ear piercing as something wholesome - I think - for both genders to do.)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord indeed did rise again bodily. The fact that one confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is also something that marks a true believer, in 1 John.
That refers to His first coming in the flesh.

As it is written: "the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual." And this we do also, if we "follow" Him.