ONLY ONE GOSPEL ? Or Not

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is the only one that was specifically sent to the Gentiles. If you believe the word of God you will see that. But some wish to ignore this fact and base what they believe on the OT, the 4 gospels and some of the book of Acts.

Those that have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross that paid for the sins of all men become children of God. Not because of what they do but what God has done. Salvation is the work of God and He is faithful to those who trust in Him. And He knows those that trust in Him. Religious men will try to get God's children to place their faith in what they do to save themselves but God knows their pride.

Reactions: Dave L and soul man

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You can't communicate with me because you live in a world of false doctrine. Obviously, you never answer questions because you're incapable of doing so.

As the scriptures say, God's Word to humans was fulfilled = completed in His dispensation of the Mystery found only in Paul's post-Acts epistles.

To test the spirits, if you are told that any of these Israel-only and dispensational things are truth for today, you're getting the wrong information from some entity. Belief that any of these things are for you can prevent you from going to Heaven and put you on the New Earth, instead. Of course, if you rightly divided (correctly cut) God's Word, you would know these things.

---the Lord's prayer
---the Lord's supper,
---Christ's gospel of the Kingdom
---the Great Commission
---the churches in the Gospels and Acts (we have a new church in Eph and Col),
---the New Covenant,
---the sermon on the mount,
---all of the Law, water baptism,
---the Gifts of the Spirit,
---the idea that we are the seed of Abraham,
---the New Jerusalem,
---the idea that we are now part of Israel,
---the idea that Israel are God's chosen people at the present time (Israel was actually set aside in about 63AD),
---that prophecy is being fulfilled today
---that the present nation of Israel was the fulfillment of prophecy,
---and, of course, Satan's favorite, the Rapture

When are you going to answer these 2 questions

Who is your Apostle?
When you obey 2Tim 2:15, where exactly in scripture do you cut God's Word?

Carnal questions. Paul says that when we say...I am of Paul or I am of Peter we are just carnal....stuck in the carnal mind. Why don't you see your true state? Humble yourself...and look to God not men or silly ideas.

1 Cor 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Acts 28: 30Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, 31preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.

Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom....just like Jesus did...and this is in Acts 28.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul is the only one that was specifically sent to the Gentiles. If you believe the word of God you will see that. But some wish to ignore this fact and base what they believe on the OT, the 4 gospels and some of the book of Acts.

Those that have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross that paid for the sins of all men become children of God. Not because of what they do but what God has done. Salvation is the work of God and He is faithful to those who trust in Him. And He knows those that trust in Him. Religious men will try to get God's children to place their faith in what they do to save themselves but God knows their pride.

very very few will enter into kingdom life...especially with the above kind of error.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The true gospel is about LIFE. If Jesus Christ is in us then we can GO to HIM and enter into His life so that we can walk as He walked....The test is not if you "think" Jesus is in you. It is the miraculous power called grace working in us that convinces us that we are indeed IN Christ.

Being religious is death.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Those that have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross that paid for the sins of all men become children of God.
ha i love how the list keeps growing, all to deny faith as an action verb?
the only judgement one can Quote is for works, not beliefs

All those led by God's Spirit are God's sons.
For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha i love how the list keeps growing, all to deny faith as an action verb?
the only judgement one can Quote is for works, not beliefs

I've heard this cry of the flesh..."placing" (whatever that means) their own belief, faith, trust, confidence...(add more nouns for more effect)...but for what? The flesh counts for nothing. The flesh needs to get out of the way for salvation to be made possible. No matter what hoops the carnal mind can do to justify itself...it is the way of death.

The irony is that a person who is so against works (or a salvation that actually works)...will list what they ARE DOING or "placing" (or not doing or placing) to justify themselves. That is the personification of a works based scheme.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I've heard this cry of the flesh..."placing" (whatever that means) their own belief faith, trust, confidence...(add more nouns for more effect)...but for what? The flesh counts for nothing. The flesh needs to get out of the way for salvation to be made possible. No matter what hoops the carnal mind can do to justify itself...it is the way of death.
ya, our def of faith now = "blind faith," and this was not what the ancients meant at all by "faith" i guess
The irony is that a person who is so against works( or a salvation that actually works)...will list what they ARE DOING or "placing" (or not doing or placing) to justify themselves. That is the personification of a works based scheme.
Word; believing is a work too!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
believe His works .. we are His workmanship
i might agree with you there, ya; depends on how you mean it i guess. These are also used as wiggle-words imo.
Those that have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross that paid for the sins of all men become children of God.
see, HR would surely agree with you, too; yet i perceive that you use the phrase diff?

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i might agree with you there, ya; depends on how you mean it i guess. These are also used as wiggle-words imo.
see, HR would surely agree with you, too; yet i perceive that you use the phrase diff?
Can't flesh it out as others are able, but seeing as I'm 'works' flesh-performance-oriented, it seems the Lord got my attention with 'Splendid and majestic is His work, and His righteousness endures forever. He has made His wonders to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and compassionate...Holy and awesome is His name. His praise endures forever.' Ps111:3,4,9,10
A brother remarked: Divine appointments and divine activity....that is what we are called to. It is so unfortunate that people think this a gospel of works...as opposed to a gospel that works!

The glorious gospel of Jesus Christ!

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carnal questions. Paul says that when we say...I am of Paul or I am of Peter we are just carnal....stuck in the carnal mind. Why don't you see your true state? Humble yourself...and look to God not men or silly ideas.

1 Cor 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Acts 28: 30Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, 31preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him.

Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom....just like Jesus did...and this is in Acts 28.
They are both Biblical questions. If you're a Gentile, there is only one apostle for you - Paul. Peter was the only other apostle to minister to a Gentile, and he only did it once - to Cornelius in Ac 10 - and he did it ONLY to pave the way for Paul's Gentile ministry. He hated every minute if it and it took 3 visions to get him to do it.

Whether you are talking to God or not, you'll be judged out of the scriptures and, since God approves of those who rightly divide, and, by inference, must not approve of those that don't, I would guess right division is a big part of the judgment.

The Kingdom of Heaven, that was prominent in Christ's good news and was preached to Israel and Gentiles during Acts, see Ac 13:42, will be an earthly kingdom, for Israel only. It is a restoration of Israel's kingdom in the OT. This is proven in Ac 1:6, after the 11 had a 40 day Bible study, concerning the Kingdom, from Jesus Christ, and, therefore, they knew exactly what they were asking - "wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?". The Kingdom of God will be a universal, all-encompassing Kingdom, encompassing everything in the 3 locations of the universe: the uncreated Heaven of Heavens, the created New Heavens (New Jerusalem), and the created New Earth. The K of G includes the K of H. The K of H can be called the K of G (and it is many times), but the K of G can't be called the K of H. After-Acts, the Kingdom of God is called the "Kingdom of God and His Dear Son", although that term might be describing just the part of the K of G that will take place in the Highest Heaven, that will only be for today's Gentile Saints.

In the Bible, there is no Jew (except Christ, of course) that ever has a Hope of going to this Highest Heaven - Search and See. As far as humans are concerned, it will only be occupied by those Gentiles who see, believe, and claim this Hope, found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles. To claim this Hope, the Jewish Hope of resurrection in Acts (rapture) must be excluded from your doctrine. Why? Because you can't have both. There is scripture (like Paul's prayer in Eph 1:16-23) that indicates you must make a stand and that the Heaven of Heavens is not automatic for every believer. That's why I keep posting lists (see post #60 on page 3) of all those things given to Israel that Gentile Christendom has stolen from Israel. I believe that you must give them up, if you want to be in the Highest Heaven. They were never given to today's Gentiles, under Pure Grace, and you'll never get them anyway, whether you believe them or not. Like Paul, I pray that you will be able to see the true Hope of everyone's only Calling - Eph 1:17-18. Many are called, but few are chosen.

Paul always preached the K of G, but only in Acts did he preach the K of H. He did this right up until he pronounced blindness on Israel in Ac 28:25-27. Then, when he took the Salvation of God (Jesus Christ) and gave it to the Gentiles, in vs 28, Israel was set aside and became, "not My people", in God's eyes. Paul also healed a lot of people in Ac 28, but could heal no one in the post Acts epistles - 3 instances of this are mentioned. The only purpose of the gifts in Acts was to provide a "sign" for Israel, who required a sign. The gifts were a witnessing aid to Israel. When Acts ended, the gifts and and everything else associated with Israel ended. In Paul's post-Acts epistles, everything is addressed to Gentiles. I know of no instances where any present day Jew is mentioned, in those epistles. It does talk about an equality today, We and Israel are equal today because both are seen by God as Gentiles.

Also, in Ac 28, Paul was still going to the Jew first, as proven in Ac 28, starting in vs 17. Israel's being set aside in Ac 28:28 was very abrupt. One minute, Israel were God's people. The next minute, they were not God's people, and have not been God's people since then.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Kingdom of Heaven, that was prominent in Christ's good news, will be an earthly kingdom, for Israel only. It is a restoration of Israel's kingdom in the OT. This is proven in Ac 1:6, after the 11 had a 40 day Bible study, concerning the Kingdom, from Jesus Christ, and therefore knew exactly what they were asking - "wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?". The Kingdom of God will be a universal, all-encompassing Kingdom, encompassing all in the 3 locations: the Heaven of Heavens, the New Heavens (New Jerusalem), and the New Earth. The K of G includes the K of H. The K of H can be called the K of G (and it is many times), but the K of G can't be called the K of H. After-Acts, the Kingdom of God is called the "Kingdom of God and His Dear Son", although that term might be describing just the part of the K of G that will take place in the Highest Heaven, that will only be for today's Gentile Saints.

In the Bible, there is no Jew (except Christ, of course) that ever has a Hope of going to this Highest Heaven - Search and See. As far as humans are concerned, it will only be occupied by those Gentiles who see, believe, and claim this Hope, found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles. To claim this Hope, the Jewish Hope of resurrection in Acts (rapture) must be excluded from your doctrine. Why? Because you can't have both. There is scripture (like Paul's prayer in Eph 1:16-23) that indicates you must make a stand and that the Heaven of Heavens is not automatic for every believer. That's why I keep posting lists (see post #60 on page 3) of all those things given to Israel that Gentile Christendom has stolen from Israel. I believe that you must give them up, if you want to be in the Highest Heaven. They were never given to today's Gentiles, under Pure Grace, and you'll never get them anyway, whether you believe them or not. Like Paul, I pray that you will be able to see the true Hope of everyone's only Calling - Eph 1:17-18. Many are called, but few are chosen.

Paul always preached the K of G, but only in Acts did he preach the K of H. He did this right up until he pronounced blindness on Israel in Ac 28:25-27. Then, when he took the Salvation of God (Jesus Christ) and gave it to the Gentiles, in vs 28, Israel was set aside and became, "not My people", in God's eyes. Paul also healed a lot of people in Ac 28, but could heal no one in the post Acts epistles - 3 instances of this are mentioned. The only purpose of the gifts in Acts was to provide a "sign" for Israel, who required a sign. The gifts were a witnessing aid to Israel. When Acts ended, the gifts and and everything else associated with Israel ended. In Paul's post-Acts epistles, everything is addressed to Gentiles. I know of no instances where any present day Jew is mentioned, in those epistles. It does talk about an equality today, We and Israel are equal today because both are seen by God as Gentiles.

Also, in Ac 28, Paul was still going to the Jew first, as proven in Ac 28, starting in vs 17. Israel's being set aside in Ac 28:28 was very abrupt. One minute, Israel were God's people. The next minute, they were not God's people, and have not been God's people since then.

Inventions. Paul shared the gospel of the kingdom with ALL who came to him as it states in Acts 28:30, 31. All other speculations are just that...inventions of darkened minds.

The irony is that you can call yourself AC28 without the faintest idea of the gospel IN Acts 28. Truly...priceless.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
In the Bible, there is no Jew (except Christ, of course) that ever has a Hope of going to this Highest Heaven - Search and See. As far as humans are concerned, it will only be occupied by those Gentiles who see, believe, and claim
no one has ever gone into heaven except He Who came down from it, the Son of Man
and claim this Hope, found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles.
so if you would Quote one maybe we could see, ty

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Inventions. Paul shared the gospel of the kingdom with ALL who came to him as it states in Acts 28:30, 31. All other speculations are just that...inventions of darkened minds.

The irony is that you can call yourself AC28 without the faintest idea of the gospel IN Acts 28. Truly...priceless.

You're back to one-line insults, I see.

The universal K of G is what Paul taught in vss 30,31. It certainly wasn't the earthly, all-Israel, K of H, since there is no Israel at that point.

After this post, I'm ignoring you. You're just too much of an annoying pest. It would be different if you ever had anything meaningful to say, but you don't. Just insults.

Bye

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're back to one-line insults, I see.

The universal K of G is what Paul taught in vss 30,31. It certainly wasn't the earthly, all-Israel, K of H, since there is no Israel at that point.

After this post, I'm ignoring you. You're just too much of an annoying pest. It would be different if you ever had anything meaningful to say, but you don't.

Bye

There's only one gospel...the gospel of the kingdom.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I too believe there is only one Gospel. Can you define the Gospel of the kingdom?

Jesus came to this world to give us access into His. The kingdom of God is in the realm of the Spirit....like a parallel reality...but according to the truth in the light.

Those that are born again are called into this light, this truth...this realm in the Spirit.

Now most people will deny that this is so because the gospel has been compromised in our time due to the power of iniquity that has invaded the churches of God.

But the power of God according to grace...is accessible by faith into that realm. A person walking in that realm displaces principalities so that the world is given a peek into the light.

But the gospel of the kingdom is a call for a people to enter into the fire...that is the light of the world.

The kingdom is now...in a spiritual place called Zion. Soon that realm will envelop this reality and the 2 will become one. Those who walk in the heavenly realm of the kingdom NOW will rule with Christ forever.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one gospel in this age of God's grace and it is not the gospel of the promised Jewish kingdom on this earth.

Under God's grace the gospel is that God sent His Son to die on a cross and shed His blood to pay for the sins of the whole world. God will reject all those that do not believe He did this. According to Paul's gospel under grace a person becomes a child of God and that person's future is with God in heaven.

If a person can not see that there was A CHANGE IN THE GOSPEL after the Jews rejected their promised kingdom on this earth then they do not believe God's message of grace given to Paul.

For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. Philippians 3:20,21

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
I Thessalonians 4:16-18

In the above we see that He comes for the saved under the gospel of grace. It is not the event that has Him setting His feet on the Mt. Of Olives.

Notice that our comfort is not found in the return of Christ to establish an earthly kingdom, as it was/is for Israel. Our comfort is found in Christ catching us off this earth to reign with Him for all eternity in the heavens. Our eternal destiny and conversation is in heaven, not on the earth.

Now this is what I believe and I will not argue with anyone about it. If a person does not believe what I have said here that is okay with me. But be assured that I believe it or I would not have posted it.

There was a gospel of the promised kingdom for the Jews on this earth and it has been set aside temporarily by the gospel of grace which is God's promise of a heavenly destination.