ONLY ONE GOSPEL ? Or Not

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is only one gospel in this age of God's grace and it is not the gospel of the promised Jewish kingdom on this earth.

Under God's grace the gospel is that God sent His Son to die on a cross and shed His blood to pay for the sins of the whole world. God will reject all those that do not believe He did this. According to Paul's gospel under grace a person becomes a child of God and that person's future is with God in heaven.

If a person can not see that there was A CHANGE IN THE GOSPEL after the Jews rejected their promised kingdom on this earth then they do not believe God's message of grace given to Paul.

For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. Philippians 3:20,21

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
I Thessalonians 4:16-18

In the above we see that He comes for the saved under the gospel of grace. It is not the event that has Him setting His feet on the Mt. Of Olives.

Notice that our comfort is not found in the return of Christ to establish an earthly kingdom, as it was/is for Israel. Our comfort is found in Christ catching us off this earth to reign with Him for all eternity in the heavens. Our eternal destiny and conversation is in heaven, not on the earth.

Now this is what I believe and I will not argue with anyone about it. If a person does not believe what I have said here that is okay with me. But be assured that I believe it or I would not have posted it.

There was a gospel of the promised kingdom for the Jews on this earth and it has been set aside temporarily by the gospel of grace which is God's promise of a heavenly destination.

This is precisely the false gospel that Paul warned about.

Paul taught the gospel of the kingdom which is according to grace. Those who don't understand grace are open to evil suggestions.

Reactions: bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is precisely the false gospel that Paul warned about.

Paul taught the gospel of the kingdom which is according to grace. Those who don't understand grace are open to evil suggestions.

Sorry but that is just your opinion and I do not share it, Nor will I debate it with you since I already know you will never see it as I do.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry but that is just your opinion and I do not share it, Nor will I debate it with you since I already know you will never see it as I do.

it's in the bible...you are obviously very opinionated and assume others are as well.

Why approach something like the bible like that?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is the only one that was specifically sent to the Gentiles. If you believe the word of God you will see that. But some wish to ignore this fact and base what they believe on the OT, the 4 gospels and some of the book of Acts.

Those that have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross that paid for the sins of all men become children of God. Not because of what they do but what God has done. Salvation is the work of God and He is faithful to those who trust in Him. And He knows those that trust in Him. Religious men will try to get God's children to place their faith in what they do to save themselves but God knows their pride.

God called Paul and used him as he did Abraham, Moses, or any other to bring a message. Paul is the Apostle to the Gentiles and most do not see the plainly written black and white English it is written in. We have no in Christ message untill Paul's gospel. Paul and Peter had to conclude, Peter would preach circumcision, and Paul the uncircumcision gospel. I really don't understand why people have such a hard time dividing the scriptures, but they mix 66 books together and get a commingled message that looses it's truth. Paul even uses the term "my gospel" over and over making a point.
When man can not understand a fact they will label it as heresy, or false doctrine, or any number of labels.
Truth of the matter they just can't see past their doctrine and that is the way scripture is interpreted for them, vicious cycle to be on. There is no peace, joy or much of the fruit of the Spirit.
We see this in religion, men will not admit there are things they do not know, when in actually their folly is very evident.
Keep writing, it is the message that was hidden in God but now revealed.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God called Paul and used him as he did Abraham, Moses, or any other to bring a message. Paul is the Apostle to the Gentiles and most do not see the plainly written black and white English it is written in. We have no in Christ message untill Paul's gospel. Paul and Peter had to conclude, Peter would preach circumcision, and Paul the uncircumcision gospel. I really don't understand why people have such a hard time dividing the scriptures, but they mix 66 books together and get a commingled message that looses it's truth. Paul even uses the term "my gospel" over and over making a point.
When man can not understand a fact they will label it as heresy, or false doctrine, orcany number of labels.
Truth of the matter they just can't see past their doctrine and that is the way scripture is interpreted for them, vicious cycle to be on. There is no peace, joy or much of the fruit of the Spirit.
We see this in religion, men will not admit there are things they do not know, when in actually their folly is very evident.
Keep writing, it is the message that was hidden in God but now revealed.

Are you saying that Paul didn't preach the gospel of Jesus Christ....or the kingdom of God?

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that Paul didn't preach the gospel of Jesus Christ....or the kingdom of God?

No, I'm saying God choose Paul to bring grace in as a message.
Before Paul no one knew God was going to birth His Own children by Christ in them, Romans 16:25

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

You need a gospel message for that kind of understanding.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Those that have placed their belief, faith, trust and confidence in Jesus' work on the cross that paid for the sins of all men become children of God.
suddenly "belief" is no longer adequate, huh HR
"enlarging the length of your tassels" is what that is called fwiw.
Religious men will try to get God's children to place their faith in what they do to save themselves but God knows their pride.
:rolleyes: you are just determined to never get over this hump, huh, fwiw i started in your church, and i know you cannot hear me yet but we all know that no one gets accepted doing good works from a bad heart HR, which is not even possible except in your mind, ok. Evil people do not do good works, as Scripture makes plain. Want me to describe your pastor to you?

"Religious men" don't tell ppl to do anything other than believe, and tithe HR
and i guess like wait for Jesus to Return or whatever, or wait for Jesus to fly you away, yikes

Christ: Go, and sin no more
HR: believe in Jesus really hard, no finger-crossies, and prolly pray to Him too i guess, and don't worry about sinning anymore, you can't possibly sin bc you already said you believe in Jesus. "I'm doing God's will"

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If a person can not see that there was A CHANGE IN THE GOSPEL after the Jews rejected their promised kingdom on this earth then they do not believe God's message of grace given to Paul.
:rolleyes: so you have just enough Scripture in here to be completely deceived, and you think Word has changed, gotcha

and we could discuss these, too, except you cannot see them, right, they are invisible,
a free dinner for anyone in here who can get HR to even acknowledge the Scriptures that he does not like

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Notice that our comfort is not found in the return of Christ to establish an earthly kingdom, as it was/is for Israel.
yet Scripture assures us in many places that this is exactly what is going to happen HR, and this is why we pray "on earth as it is in heaven," and we understand that the kingdom of heaven is within us
Our comfort is found in Christ catching us off this earth to reign with Him for all eternity in the heavens. Our eternal destiny and conversation is in heaven, not on the earth.
"You and your sons will be here with me" HR, and you are in the Cult of Sol Invictus, been there most of my life too ok. Not even mad at you, but you might even see that God is not pruning you at all? No change in your status for like ever? You were preaching and believing this same message 5-10 years ago, right? i did it for like 40, dunno about you. Let the dead bury the dead ok HR

you believe in God? Then agree with me in this prayer "Father, if HR needs to see something here that he is not seeing, we pray that he might be made to see it in whatever manner is necessary, and that goes double for me."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ
the kingdom of heaven is within you
Galileans, why do you stand there looking up into the sky
I will never leave you nor forsake you
pick up your cross and follow Me

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
I Thessalonians 4:16-18
wherein no souls are taken to heaven at all, see; Christ descends from heaven, and you cannot Quote any soul ever going to any place called heaven after physical death, not one single time can you Quote this.
In the above we see
who is "we" HR, why are you running for the safety of a crowd here, examine that maybe. No "we's" are going to heaven, ok, ...few there are who find it, and it does not matter how much you believe that God will honor your fantasies of an endless party in Valhalla in full armor HR
Now this is what I believe and I will not argue with anyone about it. If a person does not believe what I have said here that is okay with me. But be assured that I believe it or I would not have posted it.
we have a name for those HR, they are not beliefs, they are now Absolute Truths, and you will be judged for these simply bc they will guide your actions, see how you are now Preaching all kinds of extra-Biblical tripe that you cannot maintain in a holistic view of Scripture. Well no, i guess you cannot see this, but fwiw you are forgiven if that helps. It won't though see, you are about to go hide behind a tree right now i bet lol, which is btw why i am even bothering, in the hope that your conscience is not seared
it's also why i am burying this at the very bottom almost, and tossing this in for some cover, bc i hid behind that tree for a long time HR, don't you get tired of having to run and hide every time i come into your threads? Pray the prayer HR, and see what happens, even if you doubt me you don't have to doubt God right

Last edited: