Opinions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A&E died of the Life the day they ate of the tree, and then where made subject to vanity by God

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

hence the life in the flesh Paul speaks of earlier in romans 8 which is separate from the Life in and of the Spirit in this case. but the being subjected to the life in the flesh is by God but not the result of man. the Lord didn't have to let them live out any life seeing they could have bein eliminated from existence altogether. by virtue of the covenant :

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

hence God in His Mercy let them be in the life of the flesh subject to it. such as sweat of thy face to eat, and other thing mentioned by Paul in romans 8.

and you don't seem to know that the "Faith" is in the Word of God and placing belief or trust otherwise is death. and you don't know if they would have eaten from the Tree of Life and lived forever should they have disregarded the serpent's words, do you?

see the preacher's "all is vanity" without the Mercy of God to let the sons of man be born again all would have returned to the earth. all that men do returns to the earth all that God does is forever.

You probably know this, Yes they died Spiritually that Day, and then they died Physically within the 1000 year Day, Adam at the ripe old age of 930, a Day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years is as a Day, Adam died near the end of that Day!

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and you don't seem to know that the "Faith" is in the Word of God and placing belief or trust otherwise is death.

I do actually

and you don't know if they would have eaten from the Tree of Life and lived forever should they have disregarded the serpent's words, do you?

It seems you didn't even bother to comprehend my point. The fact is it wouldn't have mattered one way or the other. Did Satan need to eat off of a tree for iniquity to rise within him? If the answer is no, then you have your answer for why God set up Adam and Eve the way he did to begin with.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if Eve didn't go by her opinion of what God said, when the serpent challenged her knowledge of God's commandment, and entertain what the serpents opinion of God and what He said was, would we be where we are today?

when Jesus was challenged He stayed strictly to "it is written" no commentary after that was there. and Jesus is the fulfillment of what pleases the Father in the Son.

Of course Eve failed in not obeying the known commandment of God. She was deceived by the serpent, (satan), and led to believe otherwise. I don't believe Eve had a false understanding or false opinion of the commandment up until that time.

Yes, Jesus placed the importance of following the written Word of God in saying 'it is written', and placed His seal of authority upon that Word. To these things I agree.

Now explain how that works with the believer who has the Holy Spirit today and the Bible. What are you calling 'just the believers opinion', and 'that of the Almighty'? How do you make those distinctions?

Stranger

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do posters here really believe that there are posters who come here to write what they know to be lies?
Everyone here writes what they believe to be correct, which as ideas often clash isn't always true.
The idea of a forum is that we discuss ideas.

No one here is infallible. Have the humility to believe that you could be mistaken.

if you really believe "Everyone here writes what they believe to be correct, which as ideas often clash isn't always true." then you've got a whole lot of growing up to do.

also, you want to speak ideas about God, fine, but don't tell me you're Christian while you do it. there is a section for non-Christian theology and thinking. just because people believe there is a Creator and Judge doesn't make them born again in Christ.

the devil acknowledges Christ as Son of God, that doesn't make him Christian, does it?

Reactions: Truth

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Eve failed in not obeying the known commandment of God. She was deceived by the serpent, (satan), and led to believe otherwise. I don't believe Eve had a false understanding or false opinion of the commandment up until that time.

Yes, Jesus placed the importance of following the written Word of God in saying 'it is written', and placed His seal of authority upon that Word. To these things I agree.

Now explain how that works with the believer who has the Holy Spirit today and the Bible. What are you calling 'just the believers opinion', and 'that of the Almighty'? How do you make those distinctions?

Stranger

are you saying she's a liar? why, did you know her? or are you just creating more of the story then what is there to fit your opinions?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you saying she's a liar? why, did you know her? or are you just creating more of the story then what is there to fit your opinions?

I don't know what you are talking about.

Now, answer my questions. Explain how what you have said works with the believer who has the Holy Spirit and the Bible. What are you calling 'just the believers opinion' and 'that of the Almighty'? How do you make those distinctions?

Stranger

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what you are talking about.

Now, answer my questions. Explain how what you have said works with the believer who has the Holy Spirit and the Bible. What are you calling 'just the believers opinion' and 'that of the Almighty'? How do you make those distinctions?

Stranger
no I will not answer your question. what? are you in charge here or something?

'just the believers opinion' and 'that of the Almighty' are your statements, not mine why don't you define them? don't forget, it will be in your own opinion correct?

a believer believes and trusts God's Word or he doesn't believe, others trust there own opinions on God's Word, if they give any thought to it at all.

in the simple commandment of:

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

ether you believe and trust what He said or you believe and trust something else:

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

there was no denial of God's existence here, they believed God is God but she didn't trust what God said for what God said even though she didn't answer the serpent correctly, she didn't check with Adam who wasn't deceived by the words of the serpent, she was. Adam was the one God told the commandment to. it was only the girl's opinion and the trusting of that opinion, that was the final step to death.

so seeking out one's own opinions, mean's nothing in the Kingdom of God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no I will not answer your question. what? are you in charge here or something?

'just the believers opinion' and 'that of the Almighty' are your statements, not mine why don't you define them? don't forget, it will be in your own opinion correct?

a believer believes and trusts God's Word or he doesn't believe, others trust there own opinions on God's Word, if they give any thought to it at all.

in the simple commandment of:

ether you believe and trust what He said or you believe and trust something else:

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

there was no denial of God's existence here, they believed God is God but she didn't trust what God said for what God said even though she didn't answer the serpent correctly, she didn't check with Adam who wasn't deceived by the words of the serpent, she was. Adam was the one God told the commandment to. it was only the girl's opinion and the trusting of that opinion, that was the final step to death.

so seeking out one's own opinions, mean's nothing in the Kingdom of God.

No, I'm not in charge but I asked questions concerning your topic. Seems you would want to answer them. Not avoid them. The believers opinion and that of the Almighty is the subject of your own post. You made these distinctions in the first post.

So, again, concerning the believer who has the Holy Spirit and the Bible, how does what you say work? You say it is God Almighty who alone can interpret Scripture and all others are just opinions. Sounds good. Hard to argue against that. But then, how does it work with Spirit filled believers and their Bibles?

Whose opinion carries with it the voice of God Almighty? Yours?

Again, concerning Eve, she was deceived in that moment. It is not as though she carried with her an opinion about what God had told Adam concerning the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil that was different than what God had said. Or is that what you are saying?

So, when believers disagree, have a difference of opinion concerning the Scriptures, whose is the voice of the Almighty?

Stranger

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm not in charge but I asked questions concerning your topic. Seems you would want to answer them. Not avoid them. The believers opinion and that of the Almighty is the subject of your own post. You made these distinctions in the first post.

So, again, concerning the believer who has the Holy Spirit and the Bible, how does what you say work? You say it is God Almighty who alone can interpret Scripture and all others are just opinions. Sounds good. Hard to argue against that. But then, how does it work with Spirit filled believers and their Bibles?

Again, concerning Eve, she was deceived in that moment. It is not as though she carried with her an opinion about what God had told Adam concerning the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil that was different than what God had said. Or is that what you are saying?

So, when believers disagree, have a difference of opinion concerning the Scriptures, whose is the voice of the Almighty?

Stranger

Whose is the voice of the almighty? That's a mighty good question. I would say that the voice that makes the least amount of assumptions, that grabs the least amount of straws, that sounds the least like rocket science, that sounds the least amount like gibberish is the "voice of the almighty", no self professed oracles necessary.
default_thumbsup.gif

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It's an awesome responsibility, rightly dividing the Word of God, and one far too many take very lightly indeed.
James 3:1
Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

Reactions: pia

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Lord's, not yours not mine, or didn't you pick that up in the OP? you're just trying to say there is only man's opinion in the world, and you are dead wrong. In the Kingdom of God, only God's views, opinions, Judgements, Words, say so, apply.

but if you want to tell the Lord your opinions supersede His for what ever justification you can come up with, that may sell with yourself and or your friends, you are on your own.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Lord's, not yours not mine, or didn't you pick that up in the OP? you're just trying to say there is only man's opinion in the world, and you are dead wrong. In the Kingdom of God, only God's views, opinions, Judgements, Words, say so, apply.

but if you want to tell the Lord your opinions supersede His for what ever justification you can come up with, that may sell with yourself and or your friends, you are on your own.

You avoid my questions. Why? It is easy to say it is the Lord's opinion. How does that work with the believer, who has the Holy Spirit, and the Bible?

As far as I can see at this time, you are giving just 'your' opinion. Of which you say is to be rejected. What now?

Stranger

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You avoid my questions. Why? It is easy to say it is the Lord's opinion. How does that work with the believer, who has the Holy Spirit, and the Bible?

As far as I can see at this time, you are giving just 'your' opinion. Of which you say is to be rejected. What now?

Stranger

nope that is your opinion.

its apparent that you see your opinion as something of value.

retailers value your opinion so they can get something from you, likely more sales. a democratic society teaches the value of your opinion because you are a voter, hence the politician wants something from you. as long as your opinion doesn't interfere with the powers that be, your opinion is of value to you for the living of "your life". most protestant churches are run by the same democratic system in the free world hence again, those employed by the church feeding their families value the opinion of the membership, but the Life Christ gives to the born again needs no opinion from another life to live the Life He has. there's no other source of knowledge, knowhow, wisdom, and understanding, but the Lord God Himself.

you may feel the need for your own opinions to live "your life" in the flesh, but in the Holy Spirit, the Life of Christ, its only of God.

so how does one know, simple if God wants you to know He will show you, He is the witness to what is of Himself. the prime example is when Jesus did all those miracles and what did He say, if you don't believe Him believe the works (meaning miracles) the Almighty verified that what Jesus was saying is true and of God. Moses went through much of the same.

I once knew way back when I first come to the Lord a friend witnessed to a fellow worker nic-named Bo. a black man who lived in Homewood Brushton in Pittsburg Pa. and still today the life expectancy of young males there, is around mid 20's, the friend was a Tennessean who moved to the area for work a full blown gun toting redneck before he came to the Lord, anyway Bo would invite Ray the Tennessean to his home and have bible study after Bo came to work one day a said He found Jesus. so we'd go to his home. anyway after a short time with efforts to start a street side ministry he had the calling and what he did was asked the Lord to show him a sign, so the next morning on his way to work there was snow on his car and there was show no where else. now he's long retired from a professorship in a Christian college in south Chicago that he attended to get a degree.

if the Lord wants you to know its of Him only the Lord God can do so. even in arguments with atheists that whine about no proof of God's existence. only God can prove He is, and that what ever the concern may be is of Him.

so again opinions prove nothing true, only that more or less opinions agree. but its not rocket surgery or brain science that in His Kingdom there's no disagreement with Him, and remain in the Kingdom.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope that is your opinion.

its apparent that you see your opinion as something of value.

retailers value your opinion so they can get something from you, likely more sales. a democratic society teaches the value of your opinion because you are a voter, hence the politician wants something from you. as long as your opinion doesn't interfere with the powers that be, your opinion is of value to you for the living of "your life". most protestant churches are run by the same democratic system in the free world hence again, those employed by the church feeding their families value the opinion of the membership, but the Life Christ gives to the born again needs no opinion from another life to live the Life He has. there's no other source of knowledge, knowhow, wisdom, and understanding, but the Lord God Himself.

you may feel the need for your own opinions to live "your life" in the flesh, but in the Holy Spirit, the Life of Christ, its only of God.

so how does one know, simple if God wants you to know He will show you, He is the witness to what is of Himself. the prime example is when Jesus did all those miracles and what did He say, if you don't believe Him believe the works (meaning miracles) the Almighty verified that what Jesus was saying is true and of God. Moses went through much of the same.

I once knew way back when I first come to the Lord a friend witnessed to a fellow worker nic-named Bo. a black man who lived in Homewood Brushton in Pittsburg Pa. and still today the life expectancy of young males there, is around mid 20's, the friend was a Tennessean who moved to the area for work a full blown gun toting redneck before he came to the Lord, anyway Bo would invite Ray the Tennessean to his home and have bible study after Bo came to work one day a said He found Jesus. so we'd go to his home. anyway after a short time with efforts to start a street side ministry he had the calling and what he did was asked the Lord to show him a sign, so the next morning on his way to work there was snow on his car and there was show no where else. now he's long retired from a professorship in a Christian college in south Chicago that he attended to get a degree.

if the Lord wants you to know its of Him only the Lord God can do so. even in arguments with atheists that whine about no proof of God's existence. only God can prove He is, and that what ever the concern may be is of Him.

so again opinions prove nothing true, only that more or less opinions agree. but its not rocket surgery or brain science that in His Kingdom there's no disagreement with Him, and remain in the Kingdom.

And, that is your opinion.

See? That is the purpose of my questions which you refuse to answer.

Stranger

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, that is your opinion.

See? That is the purpose of my questions which you refuse to answer.

Stranger

nope you that its not, and if the answer isn't sufficient for you, so what.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope you that its not, and if the answer isn't sufficient for you, so what.

Gee, that was deep. So deep it didn't make sense.

Again, you gave your opinion. But, opinions are like arm pits, everyone has one, and are useless you say. Only God's interpretation matters. Yet you don't know how to tell what is God's opinion or interpretation.

Which means as I said at the first, this is a self defeating topic.

Stranger

Reactions: Dcopymope