Organised Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s why I left ‘ Church ‘ Pearl…..convictions over the years about how things were done, or why they were done. They were following ‘ how ‘ things were planned and there was little deviation. In some respects I respect the Quakers, they sit in silence and if anyone feels led to speak they get up and speak.
I don't know if I could be a Quaker following some my Mum's ancestors who where of the original Quakers in America settled in New Jersey, from the Nottinghamshire area. I would really have to try hard and sit still and be silent as I have a tendency to not let silence linger for too long.
I would speak, maybe a lot, and then be branded or banned...:sxl:.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nancy and marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It's your thing, not mine. You have some ideas about my beliefs and my faith and my relationship with God which you label "death more abundantly". You might as well likewise try to convince me I'm from Jupiter.

Much love!
ah well at this point i certainly hope you dont think that i posted that for you, marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I’ve seen you say this about this verse for years but have never understood you. I just always skip over it because I think even if you tried to explain i prob still wouldn’t understand. :DTo me, it’s not the best verse to include in the point you’re trying to make. Because, no one ever has does not therefore absolutely mean no one EVER will…
so bam go with that then, if you like

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, "organized religion" is sometimes used as a pejorative.

Much love!
I was wondering where I could slide right into this discussion. Thanks Marks..

Yes the word 'organized religion' connotes a solid established hierarchy, books approved by the Board of Directors, the pastors and elders accountable not really to the people, to the higher human authorities that may pay them a no-notice visit. As others have already said, these organized groups are concerned with income to pay their utility bills and other major expenses...

I personally like the house/hall cell groups to the very small congregations myself. The semi-informal- organized ekklesia. More fun, and you get more or a genuine spiritual experience out of it and you notice the Spirit moving more conspicuously amongst its members. Its members tend to be more loyal to each other and are team players and share their views not only of scripture, real life experiences as well.

Of course the extreme on this side of the spectrum are the mysterious religious cult groups that can easily 'go overboard' or in fact they do.

Maybe replace the corner pub or not, and just add a community corner street club for believers and their families to go to at the end of the hard-working week...to unwind and have a relaxed spiritual experience with others of some structure without the pint of suds of course on the table...:Thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: Rita and Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like this . . .

1 Peter 5:1-4 KJV
1) The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2) Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3) Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4) And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Jesus gave shepherds (pastors) to us, and He is the Chief Shepherd.

Much love!
There are a lot of really bad pastors.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there are good ones, annointed of God to serve.

Much love!
Thus , it means ALL must always be tested . And we do so against biblical truth .
Prove ALL things , hold to that which is good , abstain from all appearance of evil .
The problem is most just blindly follow a man .
I say whether they are true men of GOD or not , ALL MUST be tested and always . ALWAYS test the doctrine
flowing out of the mouth of man , even if said man has told truth for years . Even paul knew he should be judged .
THOUGH mans judgment means little . STILL the pastor , the elders , the leaders of any flock MUST be tested.
I have seen wolves coming into christendom by the groves , and marks , THEY KNOW HOW TO ACT THE PART
and yet they slowly begin to take the church into another direction . THEY KNOW how to play and to appear as men of righteousness .
Yet they come to decieve . Not to mention man himself is not infallible . THUS TEST and TEST ALWAYS what any teaches .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“your love’s like rhinestones, falling from the sky”
Well the love i see many in churches teaching is gonna rain brimstone upon them on the day of the LORD .
cause i see a love that is contradicting TRUTH in many churches . SO we know IT AINT COMING from GOD .
Satan knows how to say love too . Just a friendly reminder is all . Not an accusation against you at all . Just a reminder .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus , it means ALL must always be tested . And we do so against biblical truth .
Prove ALL things , hold to that which is good , abstain from all appearance of evil .
The problem is most just blindly follow a man .
I say whether they are true men of GOD or not , ALL MUST be tested and always . ALWAYS test the doctrine
flowing out of the mouth of man , even if said man has told truth for years . Even paul knew he should be judged .
THOUGH mans judgment means little . STILL the pastor , the elders , the leaders of any flock MUST be tested.
I have seen wolves coming into christendom by the groves , and marks , THEY KNOW HOW TO ACT THE PART
and yet they slowly begin to take the church into another direction . THEY KNOW how to play and to appear as men of righteousness .
Yet they come to decieve . Not to mention man himself is not infallible . THUS TEST and TEST ALWAYS what any teaches .
I think we need to be able to confirm them in both doctrine and character. And like you said, they can know how to act, so we need to be be understanding, discerning.

Hebrews 13:7 KJV
7) Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

The end of their conversation, that is, the outcome of their lifestyle, where their conduct has led them.

We need pastors who are true in doctrine, true in faith, and true in love.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we need to be able to confirm them in both doctrine and character. And like you said, they can know how to act, so we need to be be understanding, discerning.

Hebrews 13:7 KJV
7) Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

The end of their conversation, that is, the outcome of their lifestyle, where their conduct has led them.

We need pastors who are true in doctrine, true in faith, and true in love.

Much love!
Yes indeed in both . So if their character is not in line with how a leader should be it needs correction .
A bishop then must be blameless . Lets not forget GRAVE Too . cause gravity and sincerity are two big things
i seem to notice MISSING .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THis makes no sense. The congregation should choose their leaders.
The congregation . the elders need to ensure that leader is fully equipped .
by democracy , I think , I THINK , what he means to say is , It aint up to what the people FEEL is a good leader
rather what the BIBLE stated a GOOD leader is . Too many vote on feelings not on truth .
THEREIN lies a massive problem within such places . SEE , some feel a pastor that accepts certain sins should get the job
others maybe a pastor who preaches GET that money , or perhaps they vote in family memebers who might give
them an advantage . MAYBE , just maybe that is what ezra meant .
Either way , LEADERS must be blameless , sound in doctrine , GRAVE , lets try and not forget that one .
Grave . that one seems to be missing in many a place these days . In fact
if anyone is serious or grave they seem to be called names by many . Just a reminder . Just a simple reminder .
BIBLE TIME .

Reactions: Marvelloustime