Organised Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, no doubt you would reject some for whatever reason, while being more accepting of others
ive even met great pastors with (imo) a terrible, cult of sol theology
(a certain Catholic pastor comes to mind)
When you start talking about the Cult of Sol, it tells me we are talking about very different things.

Much love!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i was baptized Baptist, then went to Full Gospel for a while, then Charismatic, Messianic, Pentecostal, Anabaptist, and ive prolly forgotten one or two

well im with you then, but the term has other meanings, and we are not the only ones here.
“Christian” as it is broadly defined today definitely has associations with its more ancient meaning imo, that being a restoration of a literal Davidic throne, whether we like that or not i guess

prolly same as you, “Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Anabaptist” etc?

hmm
well, i have a different definition of “pastor” now, but i guess one might also be in a pulpit
somewhere

well, i do like the Mennonite model, even if it is largely just show now in my experience
but i bet many country Mennonite congregations still practice it faithfully

me? man, i hope not :)
herding cats is just not my gig lol
only make a comment on a few things..
NOT all Baptist are what many consider org. i am ordained gen baotist but i preach the word not gen baptist. i lean more towards non demon than any thing .
sigh i was raised United Methodist they are in sad shape many Churches pulling from the conference . umc is org religion the conference board has made a mockery of what Church is.

even the Mennonites has a leader i think for the most they good peeps but like any of us have faults .

last but not least the pastor job is not a easy job. try walking in there shoes sometime its a hard lonely road that many times the Lord has to carry you through.

your family dont fully understand. my wife knows me i have preached and them on way home i critiqued the very message i preached.. she says leave it alone it was just fine

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your saying that, none the less, you felt it perfectly OK to co-opt my being in church, and the blessedness I experienced, into more of your tirade against me. I hope you are able to appreciate how that is completely inappropriate.

Much love!
I can’t do much more than say I made a mistake and misread what you were saying there. I didn’t think you were talking about being in church. So once again, I seriously misread what you were saying and meaning.
I literally thought you were talking about something else you experienced yesterday. Not much else I can say. If you want to continue to believe I thought you were talking about church, I can’t change that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
please forgive me .but after reading your post i am fairly certain the problem you have with Church. .is YOU nothing can satisfy you .it appears that nothing can satisfy you.
i have seen this many times
hopefully you can accept on some level that i would prefer my definitions not come from wolves in sheeps clothing

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to continue to believe
Why do people talk like this??

I didn’t think you were talking about being in church. So once again, I seriously misread what you were saying and meaning.
I understand you were confused, but I also think you were ready to pounce, and that's why it happened.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your family dont fully understand. my wife knows me i have preached and them on way home i critiqued the very message i preached.. she says leave it alone it was just fine
She gave you the right answer. Once it's done it's done, I've had to learn that also!

Much love!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She gave you the right answer. Once it's done it's done, I've had to learn that also!

Much love!
lol my brother who has been it close 40 years still does it once in a while ----- so your a pastir?

Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
care to explain this.. never seen or heard this term before
well of course it is not one that is advertised much lol, but suffice it to say that Emperor Constantine imported Christianity into a Cult of Sol Invictus world after he found he could not defeat it, and what we now know as Catholicism was born, and Protestantism just more or less followed in its footsteps, with some minor overhaul.

Signs would be believing that you might ascend up to heaven after you have died to become an immortal, in defiance of much Scripture to the contrary (No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it, the son of man, There is only One Immortal, Who dwells alone in unapproachable light, etc); Jesus coming and going a la Apollos, Virgin worship/veneration, Passover changed to Easter, Sunday worship, Christmas observance, many others

And i dont mean to say that these are “salvational” issues, like they might seem, so i wouldnt be too worried (or offended) if you practice any or all of these. As long as they seem right to you, fine. Jesus gave the highest praise to the Mithraist (cult of sol invictus, Roman Centurion)

I have planted, Apollos waters…

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You can keep that for yourself. Been there, done that, we may as well be on different planets.

Much love!
well, the irony there is that you are cult of sol invictus, not me
but again i dont mean this as any kind of judgement, and i honestly wish you the best of luck with the death more abundantly belief. No reason that you could not still be a very loving person imo

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well of course it is not one that is advertised much lol, but suffice it to say that Emperor Constantine imported Christianity into a Cult of Sol Invictus world after he found he could not defeat it, and what we now know as Catholicism was born, and Protestantism just more or less followed in its footsteps, with some minor overhaul.

Signs would be believing that you might ascend up to heaven after you have died to become an immortal, in defiance of much Scripture to the contrary (No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it, the son of man, There is only One Immortal, Who dwells alone in unapproachable light, etc); Jesus coming and going a la Apollos, Virgin worship/veneration, Passover changed to Easter, Sunday worship, Christmas observance, many others

And i dont mean to say that these are “salvational” issues, like they might seem, so i wouldnt be too worried (or offended) if you practice any or all of these. As long as they seem right to you, fine. Jesus gave the highest praise to the Mithraist (cult of sol invictus, Roman Centurion)

I have planted, Apollos waters…
there are things in the church we do that was in the old world.. but i am a firm believer you can take something bad and turn it to God as long as God is in it

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, the irony there is that you are cult of sol invictus, not me
It's your thing, not mine. You have some ideas about my beliefs and my faith and my relationship with God which you label "death more abundantly". You might as well likewise try to convince me I'm from Jupiter.

Much love!

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Signs would be believing that you might ascend up to heaven after you have died to become an immortal, in defiance of much Scripture to the contrary (No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it, the son of man,
I’ve seen you say this about this verse for years but have never understood you. I just always skip over it because I think even if you tried to explain i prob still wouldn’t understand. :DTo me, it’s not the best verse to include in the point you’re trying to make. Because, no one ever has does not therefore absolutely mean no one EVER will…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where would you suppose that is coming from? Don't answer me, it's a question for you alone.

Much love!
It’s coming from a determination to not see the man be beat up again without raising my voice against it.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's your thing, not mine. You have some ideas about my beliefs and my faith and my relationship with God which you label "death more abundantly". You might as well likewise try to convince me I'm blue from head to toe.

Much love!
Bbyrd, leave papa Smurf alone, Kay?

j/k

Reactions: bbyrd009