Organised Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for my own use i would be interested i am trying to understand some of these . i will say not sure what they mean by eternal couture of the lost/ unbelievers. i do see hell as eternal torment's place where the worm dieth not .

God judges unbelievers harder than He does believers
The worst fate is reserved for unbelievers rather than religious hypocrites i see some truth in this but there again i would have know exactly what they mean and the scripture they use.

i would be interested in that long post feel free to priv message me . if you dont care i would like a discussion of this .

certainly strange fire/ doctrine has no place in the pulpit. i also would like to know what type Church it was. feel free to priv message me
Give me maybe an hour or two.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trust me this was no dare.
"i invite you to pastor a church . open the doors and hope and pray people show up. hope and pray there is enough offering to pay the bills. try it you will soon see just how easy it it"

was what I was referring to.

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its probably impossible to learn it all in a lifetime, simply bc many of the allegories have been lost to us now.

Who knows that Balaam is a ref to the Muleteer, the famous Roman general?

You are focusing on things of no consequence.

This is what the Holy Bible is for:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

These things are easily learned from scripture. And we should continue to read the scriptures every day to be strengthened in these things.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me maybe an hour or two.

What you experienced yesterday was someone calling you out on your never ending nonsense and abuse of that man. Why would you leave that thread and then come to this one to continue the nonsense? Why not continue it where you were? Do you suppose if you wreck a lot of threads instead of just one that it will seem like he (or I) am the problem?
Im not going to let you abuse anyone in here without calling you out. So get used to being challenged if you attack anyone.
If you are dedicating yourself to troll me, well, what's left but to put you on ignore?

And why you have such vitriol that you have a problem with me posting about church with others, not you, not ep, just some folk here, well, that's something that's going to eat you up inside. It seems it already is.

Much love!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pls lol, ive been through virtually every Prot religion, attended plenty of love feasts, and meant what i said, that they were great places to be in at the time, and i learned much from every one. That you deem the feel-fests “worship” right now is completely fine imo, for where you are at right now, and i would not be in a hurry to move on either! Some of my fondest memories, no lie

and if you choose to stay in organized religion your whole life, more power to you imo
suppose you post what religions you been there. as far as a im concerned in Christianity the word religion has no place. its a relationship with Christ in HIM and him in us ( Christ in us the hope of Glory ) what do you consider org religion? is it the fact you reject A pastor being in the pulpit ? or are you one of these who thinks every one has say what is preached? have you been called to preach?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well ezra, i would say that there is a time to attend church, and a time to become Church, and they were first called “Christians” at Antioch, right?
so, id rather not get into that with you right now, but imo when you understand that “Christians” had a previous definition, and what “Antioch” means, the Antioch story comes to have a…different cast to it, lets say. Kinda like how “iron sharpens iron” morphs, when “sharpening a friend’s countenance” gets understood for what it is?

as for those proceeding terms up there that religion has appropriated, from “baptized” to “snas,” i suggest that there are perfectly mundane counterparts for all of them, that i admit were hard to accept at first, but i have never gone back, as the mundane definitions were just too apt to reject, at least for me

but meat and milk dont mix, and i dont want to argue about them, so i am mentioning this that you might see that you are allowed to define these for yourself, using the Bible, rather than accept definitions provided by the cult of sol, who has a product to sell.

which i dont mean to denigrate the cult of sol either, some of the highest praise was given to the Roman Centurion by Jesus. Nothing wrong with the cult of sol, as a tree to be from imo
everybody has to start somewhere right
please forgive me .but after reading your post i am fairly certain the problem you have with Church. .is YOU nothing can satisfy you .it appears that nothing can satisfy you.
i have seen this many times

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im sure even you would admit that your definition of those has changed over the years, and that you are more selective about that now right
That's an interesting thing to think about. Do you mean selective of pastors?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
however you choose who to assemble together with, and also who you perceive as a “pastor”
A pastor does a certain thing, shepherd, and I'm not saying we have to assemble in some special place or other, under some trees is just fine, or you don't even need the trees.

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't been talking about our own church but the Church in general, most of which seems to be run by committees who make all the decisions and who may or may not be born again.. Churches where people know about Jesus but not all know him personally. And that's mostly due to the fact that they are taught wrongly.
that IS not a true Church certainly you have give the pastor room to lead not by Irion fist . but lead by example allowing others input. when it come to the preaching in the pulpit. as long as he is in the word of God .the pulpit belongs to him Christ allowed him to be in Charge. he and He alone will stand in judgment for what he has taught.. if he gets out of the word starts preaching him self. a elder/deacon should go to him in love and talk to him.

if he refuses to hear and respond time for him to GO.

Churches where people know about Jesus but not all know him personally. And that's mostly due to the fact that they are taught wrongly.

possibly there is that BUT however it is a two way street. i encourage the ones i preach to get it on your own Bring your Bible follow me in the word. anyone can ask me anything they want before or after services . i have also told the ones at Church in Bible study my personal belief .belongs to me . there are certain things i will not say from the pulpit.

there is a chance i could be wrong . when paul wrote work out your own salvation with fear and trembling for it is God that works in you.
it takes a lot of work and effort to have a Church. curious did you pray about it did you go to anyone voice your concerns .

i had another preacher bring the morning message sometime back.. after Church i had a call saying the thought they heard him use a word that was not right..
i told them i did not hear anything but i would speak out on this. the next Sunday i made mention of how we use our words.

that is how a church functions the big problem could be in the mirror i dont know anything about the type Church you was in. so its noit fair for me to say one way or the other.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't been talking about our own church but the Church in general, most of which seems to be run by committees who make all the decisions and who may or may not be born again.. Churches where people know about Jesus but not all know him personally. And that's mostly due to the fact that they are taught wrongly.
This reminds me of a church I attended for a time, but in a different way. The pastor seemed a very godly and loving man, however, he seemed to run things more like a CEO, making sure that those who were on the board of elders would agree with him.

I remember him once saying something like, as a pastor, you should always have a board of elders, so that when the difficult decisions are made, you can deflect the criticism to the board. That is, you can deflect the criticism that would be addressed to you, being as you made the decision, and your board backed you up.

That seems to me more like earthy wisdom rather than heavenly, and can only dilute the opportunities for the Holy Spirit to lead. There was a lot lot good in that church, but we ended up leaving looking for opportunities to serve the body. And that was a good thing also, because we came to a church with the most loving man I've ever met, and though he's been with the Lord a few years now, he is still a primary role model for me.

My pastor now is the same, a primary role model, but in a little different way. We are blessed! God is leading me to the places that are giving me what I need.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are dedicating yourself to troll me, well, what's left but to put you on ignore?

And why you have such vitriol that you have a problem with me posting about church with others, not you, not ep, just some folk here, well, that's something that's going to eat you up inside. It seems it already is.

Much love!
I see she has not changed.. they will do that too you. Its why I placed her on ignore

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually that was my mistake. I absolutely misread your post.
I appreciate your saying that, none the less, you felt it perfectly OK to co-opt my being in church, and the blessedness I experienced, into more of your tirade against me. I hope you are able to appreciate how that is completely inappropriate.

Much love!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember him once saying something like, as a pastor, you should always have a board of elders, so that when the difficult decisions are made, you can deflect the criticism to the board. That is, you can deflect the criticism that would be addressed to you, being as you made the decision, and your board backed you up.
i can agree and dis agree myself i am not a board based run Church fan.. i have seen that and watched how the board the certain family members . if mom and dad was on that board the JR. should be to. not a big deacon fan either i have seen many think they run the Church and the pastor. BUTTTT give me deacons who are Christlike minded and want nothing but the best for the Church. willing to lay aside what they want and do what God wants/ same goes with the pastor

yes i have seen many things in the Church that was not of God. i give my Church a voice

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i can agree and dis agree myself i am not a board based run Church fan.. i have seen that and watched how the board the certain family members . if mom and dad was on that board the JR. should be to. not a big deacon fan either i have seen many think they run the Church and the pastor. BUTTTT give me deacons who are Christlike minded and want nothing but the best for the Church. willing to lay aside what they want and do what God wants/ same goes with the pastor

yes i have seen many things in the Church that was not of God. i give my Church a voice
I wouldn't through the baby out with the bathwater. When that pastor died, there was the typical squabbling over his place, ending with a church split, as so often happens. Had there been a true board of elders (not nepotism, or cronyism) with each of them sharing in the teaching, I think it would have been much more likely to simply continue.

My current church is really small. My last church was bigger, and there was a "senior pastor", and a board of elders, but he didn't give himself any greater place in decision making. And the deacons cared for the details seamlessly for the most part. There were occasionally those who were in it for different reasons, but they didn't really last too long. Those who had a gift to bring were given place to do that.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
suppose you post what religions you been there
well, i was baptized Baptist, then went to Full Gospel for a while, then Charismatic, Messianic, Pentecostal, Anabaptist, and ive prolly forgotten one or two

as far as a im concerned in Christianity the word religion has no place
well im with you then, but the term has other meanings, and we are not the only ones here.
“Christian” as it is broadly defined today definitely has associations with its more ancient meaning imo, that being a restoration of a literal Davidic throne, whether we like that or not i guess

what do you consider org religion?
prolly same as you, “Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Anabaptist” etc?

is it the fact you reject A pastor being in the pulpit ?
hmm
well, i have a different definition of “pastor” now, but i guess one might also be in a pulpit
somewhere

or are you one of these who thinks every one has say what is preached?
well, i do like the Mennonite model, even if it is largely just show now in my experience
but i bet many country Mennonite congregations still practice it faithfully

have you been called to preach?
me? man, i hope not :)
herding cats is just not my gig lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
please forgive me .but after reading your post i am fairly certain the problem you have with Church. .is YOU nothing can satisfy you .it appears that nothing can satisfy you.
i have seen this many times
well, not sure why you say that but fair enough
as far as i am concerned I AM “Church,” Church is wherever I AM,
and im not sure how life could get much better tbh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
for a long while we go to a congregation to get what we can get out of it, right
but then you might find yourself going to see what you can give back, at a certain point
or at least ive done both

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That's an interesting thing to think about. Do you mean selective of pastors?

Much love!
well, no doubt you would reject some for whatever reason, while being more accepting of others
ive even met great pastors with (imo) a terrible, cult of sol theology
(a certain Catholic pastor comes to mind)