Organised Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the same . . . I don't want to be in a church so large I'm not able to personally get to know my pastor, and more importantly, that he can get to know me. We need personal involvement with each other.

Much love!
My church has a few thousand members, they concentrate on small home groups though.. Each home group is a church within a church.. They have used the model in acts.. where there are many house groups within the city.. and they all meet on the first day of the week..

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
why does it take 4 ? is not one man able to preach to 30 people ? once again i see confusion so all 4 of these people are called of God ordained to preach? BTW being ordained is very bible and DOES NOT require a college degree
Testing the spirit is the reason and also the reason why a pastor or preacher should welcome input from his flock. Lone pastors tend to get too big for their boots and lord it over their people, which is wrong. I'm not saying you're like that.

1 Peter 5:2-4
Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

There is more to being a pastor than preaching.there is 1 on 1 discipling. there is small groups. there is all kinds of things..

Like I said, each pastor has a small group of people they are responsible for.. And all four take turns teaching when we meet. We have been doing this for many years. it works great..

sorry if it breaks tradition. but this is the only church I have ever been to where I see actual growth.. because people are not only being fed, they are being nurtured.
By growth i assume you are speaking of SPIRITUAL GROWTH .
cause i see church growth in numbers in many places . WELL the places that seem to tickle ears anyway .
People are going in droves to those churches . THERE aint NO SPIRITUAL GROWTH in those places . rather death .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When dollars are on the brain and NUMBERS ALONE has become the game
prepare for total destruction within such places . OH the NUMBERS WILL SURGE , but the doctrine is gone
the SPIRIT is void and death leading unto the second death is all that is found on that unholy ground .

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness Church... Wonderful people! When the old WW2 generation passed away the church went down with it. As much as I love the organization of the Pentecostal Holiness movement we are no good without good people.

full

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Kingdom is not a democracy. That's the whole problem people like you treating as thought it were.
You prefer kings? God didn't want Israel to have a king, but they demanded kings, God gave them kings, and things went very badly after that.

Reactions: APAK

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I retired from my position as a church elder, that was how leaders in our church were chosen. They served as long as God wanted them to serve; there were no time limits. But if they or the congregation felt that it was time for a change, then a new election was held.
That's good if everyone is happy with it. I think some people like to grab power and hold onto it, though.

Reactions: Jim B and marks

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you pray and do it the best you feel led to.. everyone is looking for the perfect church with the perfect pastor run the perfect way.

i am a pastor full responsibility falls to ME . one i dont do religion . i preach the word yes there had better be some structure /organization . i study the message out i then preach what GOD gives me. for those who left the Church i invite you to open up your own Church . i try to leave room for the holy Spirit to speak. for those who feel they know how it should be done.. i invite you to pastor a church . open the doors and hope and pray people show up. hope and pray there is enough offering to pay the bills. try it you will soon see just how easy it it
I think people follow those they trust.

Reactions: Jim B

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You prefer kings? God didn't want Israel to have a king, but they demanded kings, God gave them kings, and things went very badly after that.
Not sure what your point is in this context. The head of the Church's is the Kings of kings, He is sovereign Lord. No democracy!

Last edited:

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would call the leadership "the bureaucracy." Every church has a bureaucracy ensuring the church is run in the way they feel fit. In some churches the deacons are voted on, which would make them a democracy. In any place... The elders, or the ones who make up the bureaucracy, are important figures in the church.

Reactions: dev553344

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would call the leadership "the bureaucracy." Every church has a bureaucracy ensuring the church is run in the way they feel fit. In some churches the deacons are voted on, which would make them a democracy. In any place... The elders, or the ones who make up the bureaucracy, are important figures in the church.
Christ prayed for us in john 17 for us to be ONE in him pastor deacons elders are all servants ..

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what your point is in this context. The head of the Church's head is the Kings of kings, He is sovereign Lord. No democracy!
Yes, Jesus is king, but would you have someone here on earth be second in command to Jesus? I think that could cause problems.

Reactions: APAK

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should we go to church? Does going to church matter? What is a church? Does it matter to God if we go to church or not? Does the Bible say we should assemble to worship the Lord? Is believing enough or should we assemble to worship God too? Should we only attend a perfect church? How do we determine what is a good church? Should a church have a pastor?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Kingdom is not a democracy. That's the whole problem people like you treating as thought it were.
I agree. They don’t let the Spirit lead one darn thing.
But I kind of laughed at mr esteys solution, which is how we do it with our government where I live and THATS worked so well so…yeah, let’s try it in the church!
:Zek:

Reactions: Pearl

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. They don’t let the Spirit lead one darn thing.
But I kind of laughed at mr esteys solution, which is how we do it with our government where I live and THATS worked so well so…yeah, let’s try it in the church!
:Zek:
i dont know what type Church you attend or anything. all these so called leaders sounds like confusion . if the Church is not right then find another one. all though there are those who cant be pleased