Orphans without a father

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been thinking a lot about: what does it mean to be an orphan without a father? other times in the word is “orphaned” as being “fatherless”.

what started me thinking so much about being fatherless was Lamentations 5:1-17. Especially:
‘we are orphans without fathers, our mothers are like widows.’
‘our fathers sinned, and are no more; it is we who have Bourne their iniquities.’

Before a debate begins over this was concerning the jews …I get this was the jews but don’t we also claim to be of “adoption” or fostered?? The above seems to say they are “orphaned” as a result of ‘our fathers sinned and are no more’? Therefore they are without fathers?

Interesting is ‘it is we who have Bourne their iniquities’ because of how sinful traits are passed down from generation to generation. “We have Bourne their iniquities” “as you have Bourne the image of the earthly, you shall also bear the image of the heavenly.” 1 Corinthians 15:49-57

Concerning:
We are orphans without fathers
Our fathers sinned and are no more.
Matthew 23:9 call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

• Psalm 68:4-6 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him. [5] A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. [6] God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been thinking a lot about: what does it mean to be an orphan without a father? other times in the word is “orphaned” as being “fatherless”.

what started me thinking so much about being fatherless was Lamentations 5:1-17. Especially:
‘we are orphans without fathers, our mothers are like widows.’
‘our fathers sinned, and are no more; it is we who have Bourne their iniquities.’

Before a debate begins over this was concerning the jews …I get this was the jews but don’t we also claim to be of “adoption” or fostered?? The above seems to say they are “orphaned” as a result of ‘our fathers sinned and are no more’? Therefore they are without fathers?

Interesting is ‘it is we who have Bourne their iniquities’ because of how sinful traits are passed down from generation to generation. “We have Bourne their iniquities” “as you have Bourne the image of the earthly, you shall also bear the image of the heavenly.” 1 Corinthians 15:49-57

Concerning:
We are orphans without fathers
Our fathers sinned and are no more.
Matthew 23:9 call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

• Psalm 68:4-6 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him. [5] A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. [6] God setteth the solitary in families: he bringeth out those which are bound with chains: but the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

As history has shown Vicky, both in the world and among God's people, sometimes consequences of mistakes goes on for a while. Same here as well the sins of the forefathers at that time were still rendering consequences. The people felt as if God had rejected them, but in reality, just as you said, He was still their Father.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As history has shown Vicky, both in the world and among God's people, sometimes consequences of mistakes goes on for a while. Same here as well the sins of the forefathers at that time were still rendering consequences. The people felt as if God had rejected them, but in reality, just as you said, He was still their Father.

there is a song “The Good Father”. For me the verse call no man Father, for there is One that is your Father, which is in heaven…reminds me so much of:
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people felt as if God had rejected them, but in reality, just as you said, He was still their Father.

love But Zion said “The LORD has forsaken me, And the Lord has forgotten me.”
Can a woman forget her nursing child And have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget you. behold, I have inscribed you on the palms [of My hands] your walls are continually before Me.

Isaiah 49:23: "Kings will be your guardians, And their princesses your nurses. They will bow down to you with their faces to the earth And lick the dust of your feet; And you will know that I am the LORD; Those who hopefully wait for Me will not be put to shame.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a song “The Good Father”. For me the verse call no man Father, for there is One that is your Father, which is in heaven…reminds me so much of:
Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

I apologize if I am mistaken Vicky, but aren't you one who thinks Jesus is God maam?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
love But Zion said “The LORD has forsaken me, And the Lord has forgotten me.”
Can a woman forget her nursing child And have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget you. behold, I have inscribed you on the palms [of My hands] your walls are continually before Me.

Isaiah 49:23: "Kings will be your guardians, And their princesses your nurses. They will bow down to you with their faces to the earth And lick the dust of your feet; And you will know that I am the LORD; Those who hopefully wait for Me will not be put to shame.

When a person enters into a covenant relationship with God, it is conditional of course. It is a legal agreement, and is not to be broken. Those brothers and sisters said: (Exodus 19:8) . . .all the people answered unanimously: “All that Jehovah has spoken, we are willing to do.”. . .
When they violated it, they broke the covenant, however like we both said, Jehovah still was their Father. In reality we are all children of God, but not in the aspect spoken of that you are referring to, those were God's covenanted people. They moved Jesus to say: (Luke 13:34) . . .Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent forth to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together in the manner that a hen gathers her brood of chicks under her wings, but YOU people did not want [it]!

The next verse went on to say, your house is abandoned to you. A new covenant went into force and the new Israel of God were taken from all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:41-44

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Heb 12:6-8

Reactions: amigo de christo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize if I am mistaken Vicky, but aren't you one who thinks Jesus is God maam?

I’m not sure. being right about Jesus being God doesn’t really matter to me…only that God is love. God is Life. God is Spirit. Sure I have my opinions same as others, but my opinion has changed before on many things. Jesus said John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:41-44

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Heb 12:6-8

Yes Amad, that was the finale of the account sir. The rejecting of the Messiah was the final straw. There is no doubt that if the same thing happened today that many among God's people today would still reject him. It amazes me how great satan is at what he does, like the song says, he's got the whole world in his hands.

How we profit today however looking back at the example of the preChristian people of God, those examples recorded for us should make us realize as God's organized people we need to keep focused, making sure of all things, and hold fast to what is fine. We need to keep on enduring to the end my friend. Thanks for continuing Vicky's concerns to the conclusion.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure. being right about Jesus being God doesn’t really matter to me…only that God is love. God is Life. God is Spirit. Sure I have my opinions same as others, but my opinion has changed before on many things. Jesus said John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Keep in mind Vicky, it is what matters to God . No doubt you know the first of the 10 commandments. Make no mistake, that still holds true today Mat 22:37, Jehovah is a jealous God exacting exclusive devotion. If one chooses not to obey that, then yes I agree, it truly doesn't matter to them personally.

Yes God is Love maam, but He also will have a day of vengeance, and it will not be a pretty picture for those who do not love Him, as I am sure you will agree.