OSAS is the result of the finished work of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Hi Heb.

Is it impossible for you to now fall from the grace of God?

Mary

No, when a believer falls from grace he is quenching the spirit. God's discipline will come upon him.

1 Thess 5 Do not quench the Spirit. 20Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22reject every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, when a believer falls from grace he is quenching the spirit. God's discipline will come upon him.

1 Thess 5 Do not quench the Spirit. 20Do not treat prophecies with contempt 21but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22reject every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.

Romans 8 Denies your statement.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no thank you ......I am tired of playing your games.
Mary, if you only want to talk to Catholics / people who share Catholic views, perhaps you would be happier on a Catholic-centric forum such "Catholic Answers Forum"?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are very confused....you say that it is not possible to fall from grace and then say "when a believer falls from grace". o_O

Thank you for your time.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, if you only want to talk to Catholics / people who share Catholic views, perhaps you would be happier on a Catholic-centric forum such "Catholic Answers Forum"?
Oh no, no Jane Doe.

No need to get on that forum. They already have the Truth therefor I don't need to bring the Truth to them. I only need to bring it to Protestants, non-Christians and atheist.

Soooo do you believe in the heretical teaching that was created during the reformation of OSAS?

Curious Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no, no Jane Doe.

No need to get on that forum. They already have the Truth therefor I don't need to bring the Truth to them. I only need to bring it to Protestants, non-Christians and atheist.
If that is your only goal here, the result of your actions will be only fuel anti-Catholic hatred and convince people that Catholics do not know Christ.
Just as their efforts to evangelize the Catholics that "don't have the truth" will only fuel your grudge against them.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is your only goal here, the result of your actions will be only fuel anti-Catholic hatred and convince people that Catholics do not know Christ.
Just as their efforts to evangelize the Catholics that "don't have the truth" will only fuel your grudge against them.
In your opinion who has "the Truth"?

Curious Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Curious Mary
Cutting to the chase here and going to VERY blunt:

Mary, I have studied Catholicism for a number of years. I have attended various Catholic services for over a decade, studied RCIA material, read the CCC, studied different rites, had many deep long conversations (months+) about Catholic theology with well-studied Catholics, studied Catholics apologetics, etc.

I am VERY well aware of Catholic theology, history, and peoples. There is much good there, but I do not find the Catholic Church to be the True Church Jesus Christ established. While Catholics do believe many beautiful things and do many beautiful things, there are also some falsehoods there. Still, I acknowledge a Catholic person's relationship with Christ and celebrate that. I respect Catholicism and Catholic individuals.

As to you specifically: I do respect you and love you, but I find your attitude towards others to be very un-Christ-like and your insistent proselytizing to be downright anal. The arguments you personally make here are childish. You don't remotely see those you're talking about, let alone respect and love them. Every interaction is just an excuse for you to lecture at someone, at it shows. And you keep on doing it: continually shout these same childish argument and un-Christ-like behaviors, the harder and hard you make it for me and others to respect your personal faith.

Stop it. You are only giving a horrible impression of a faith far are more beautiful than this (CC).

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cutting to the chase here and going to VERY blunt:

Mary, I have studied Catholicism for a number of years. I have attended various Catholic services for over a decade, studied RCIA material, read the CCC, studied different rites, had many deep long conversations (months+) about Catholic theology with well-studied Catholics, studied Catholics apologetics, etc.

I am VERY well aware of Catholic theology, history, and peoples. There is much good there, but I do not find the Catholic Church to be the True Church Jesus Christ established. While Catholics do believe many beautiful things and do many beautiful things, there are also some falsehoods there. Still, I acknowledge a Catholic person's relationship with Christ and celebrate that. I respect Catholicism and Catholic individuals.

As to you specifically: I do respect you and love you, but I find your attitude towards others to be very un-Christ-like and your insistent proselytizing to be downright anal. The arguments you personally make here are childish. You don't remotely see those you're talking about, let alone respect and love them. Every interaction is just an excuse for you to lecture at someone, at it shows. And you keep on doing it: continually shout these same childish argument and un-Christ-like behaviors, the harder and hard you make it for me and others to respect your personal faith.

Stop it. You are only giving a horrible impression of a faith far are more beautiful than this (CC).
Thank you. Since you KNOW that the CC does not have the Truth you must know who has the Truth.

Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Since you KNOW that the CC does not have the Truth you must know who has the Truth.

Mary
Mary, thus far you have convinced me that you don't give a rat's tail to my answer there. You have convinced me that you don't give a rat's tail about me. All I am to you (and this question) is a mind-less face-less project for you to swoop down and "enlighten" me to the "truth" of Catholicism.

Stop it.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, thus far you have convinced me that you don't give a rat's tail to my answer there. You have convinced me that you don't give a rat's tail about me. All I am to you (and this question) is a mind-less face-less project for you to swoop down and "enlighten" me to the "truth" of Catholicism.

Stop it.
It's a simple question.

Since you KNOW that the CC does not have the Truth you must know who has the Truth.

Patient Mary

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a simple question.

Since you KNOW that the CC does not have the Truth you must know who has the Truth.

Patient Mary
Mary, I'm sorry, but I you leave me no choice here but to be EXTREMELY blunt:
I do not cast pearls before swine. This game you are playing here is a swine's game. You don't care about me or my beliefs, and I will not toss my pearl out to join your swine's game.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not cast pearls before swine. This game you are playing here is a swine's game. You don't care about me or my beliefs, and I will not toss my pearl out to join your swine's game.
But you have "cast pearls before swine" since you are on this website and trying to convince others that don't believe and will never believe what you preach. That is generally the meaning. You, Jane Doe, are offering (what you think) is valuable Truth to those that don't appreciate it or value it soooo you DO cast pearls before swine. ;)

I find it fascinating that you can't even give me your OPINION. If you KNOW the CC does not have the Truth you must know the Truth. Since you can easily identify a lie then you must know the truth. It is only logical.

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave.

Bible study Mary

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
You are very confused....you say that it is not possible to fall from grace and then say "when a believer falls from grace". o_O

Thank you for your time.

Mary

Mary, falling from grace is not abandoning the faith. Abandoning the faith is like saying a believer goes back to atheism.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, falling from grace is not abandoning the faith. Abandoning the faith is like saying a believer goes back to atheism.
I never said falling from grace was abandoning the faith. I am only pointing out your contradicting statement.....;)

I agree that if a Christian abandons their faith by converting to atheism that is not a fall from grace.

However, if one goes back to atheism and professes it until the moment they die do you believe they fall from Gods grace? Or will God show them grace and allow them into heaven?

Mary