OSAS teachers and Acts 2:38 skippers created "Gay" churches.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those who believe in the FINISHED work of CHRIST on the cross ( His SHED BLOOD ) are SAVED....

People can't seem to digest the simplicity of the Gospel... nor do they understand that we are ALL WRETCHED creatures worthy of hell.
People also do not understand/believe that when a soul converts and becomes a Christian ( by accepting Christ's ATONEMENT as payment of sin )... we (as His children) are SEALED with the ASSURANCE that NO one ... no power.... nothing... can separate us from the Love of God.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39
So, is an active molester saved too?

Active abortion doctor?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, is an active molester saved too?

Active abortion doctor?
EVERYONE who has confessed their sins and believed upon the BLOOD ATONEMENT of CHRIST is therefore a child of HIS...
What we do with our lives is between us and HIM... This is what really bothers and offends the legalists.... because they FEEL
they HAVE to be good... and do good.... That frame of mind breeds hypocrisy... shame and obedience by FORCE... which is no where NEAR the condition of heart that GOD REQUIRES of us.

God is not finished with us until our lives are over... HE promises to finish within us what HE has begun.... WE are called to REST in this assurance.... Our service to God then becomes a LOVE OFFERING rather than a SACRIFICE of behaviour. The two are very different.

You are stating EXTREME cases of behaviour.... The majority of SAVED people KNOW what is right and wrong... I doubt very much that an active molester is searching God out... I highly doubt an abortion doctor is a believer... so you are stirring it all in ONE pot... which is not accurate.

I have already stated that this church of which you speak is in SEVERE biblical ERROR... therefore should be AVOIDED.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God exercises SCANDALOUS and OUTRAGEOUS GRACE.... It's mind boggling... when I think that HE has saved a wretch like me.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EVERYONE who has confessed their sins and believed upon the BLOOD ATONEMENT of CHRIST is therefore a child of HIS...
What we do with our lives is between us and HIM... This is what really bothers and offends the legalists.... because they FEEL
they HAVE to be good... and do good.... That frame of mind breeds hypocrisy... shame and obedience by FORCE... which is no where NEAR the condition of heart that GOD REQUIRES of us.

God is not finished with us until our lives are over... HE promises to finish within us what HE has begun.... WE are called to REST in this assurance.... Our service to God then becomes a LOVE OFFERING rather than a SACRIFICE of behaviour. The two are very different.

You are stating EXTREME cases of behaviour.... The majority of SAVED people KNOW what is right and wrong... I doubt very much that an active molester is searching God out... I highly doubt an abortion doctor is a believer... so you are stirring it all in ONE pot... which is not accurate.

I have already stated that this church of which you speak is in SEVERE biblical ERROR... therefore should be AVOIDED.
Let me get this straight.

An abortion doctor can actively abort a baby as a saved abortion doctor and never have a negative issue with God about being saved?

Can anyone tell anyone they are saved or not saved aside from obeying Acts 2:38?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God exercises SCANDALOUS and OUTRAGEOUS GRACE.... It's mind boggling... when I think that HE has saved a wretch like me.
Former wretch or active wretch?

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Or...

11 And such ARE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

My advice if you are being a wretch is stop goofing off and walk in the Spirit.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Former wretch or active wretch?
Is there a difference??? What makes you UNWRETCHED??? Your own GOOD WORKS??? That is the problem with much of Christianity...
It is teaching a false gospel of KEEPING ONESELF SAVED by WORKS... which is an absolute slap in the face to CHRIST...
It is ONLY because of Christ's shed blood that PAID for the penalty of ALL sin... once and for all... NO more animal sacrifices necessary... Done deal... paid in full... WHO are you to consider yourself BETTER than that doctor.... or that prostitute or that homosexual???

It really is an issue of how one sees themselves... and what they believe about God... Sadly... many are like you @Truther and consider their behaviour as part of the equation.... This causes a lot of problems... as you can see...

Sin is BAD... all of it... I will never state that it is profitable to sin... EVER.... I will never state that the sins in the bible are ACCEPTABLE today.... just because we are in the 21st century and times have changed.... I will NEVER ever celebrate or condone sin of ANY kind....

With that said... I take scripture seriously that tells me I am not to judge... in the context that so many Christians are doing today.
Of course the church is meant to be a body that exhorts... encourages... corrects... but that kind of RAISING up doesn't seem to exist anymore...

God knows the heart of EACH and EVERY child that belongs to HIM... and HE is more than capable of DEALING with their sin.

I am on my way out... so I gotta go... Nice chatting with you... Have a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way to "get in" Jesus is to obey Acts 2:38.

Then once one is "in" Jesus, they must walk in the Spirit for the entirety of their life.
L
The hardest part is repentance.

Yes, inanutshell, Acts 2:38 IS the HOW to establish a relationship with Jesus.
However there IS a whole lot of things that occurs beforehand to lead a person up to making that election.

Acts 2:
[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Must walk in the Spirit?
That I would disagree with.
They have the Spirit of God within them.
Their own spirit is "reborn" from natural to spiritual.
They have the "tools", Gods Spirit, their spirit "reborn" and Gods Power within them....but they can still act according to unsavory thoughts in their mind.
Simply put... WHEN they walk in the Spirit, it pleases God, and God shall reward them.
WHEN they act "unsavory", those works shall be burned.

Repentance is once and forever, included in the meaning of "conversion".

God Bless,
Taken

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, inanutshell, Acts 2:38 IS the HOW to establish a relationship with Jesus.
However there IS a whole lot of things that occurs beforehand to lead a person up to making that election.

Acts 2:
[38] Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Must walk in the Spirit?
That I would disagree with.
They have the Spirit of God within them.
Their own spirit is "reborn" from natural to spiritual.
They have the "tools", Gods Spirit, their spirit "reborn" and Gods Power within them....but they can still act according to unsavory thoughts in their mind.
Simply put... WHEN they walk in the Spirit, it pleases God, and God shall reward them.
WHEN they act "unsavory", those works shall be burned.

Repentance is once and forever, included in the meaning of "conversion".

God Bless,
Taken

Yes, Acts 2:38 is the door to entering the body of Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Acts 2:38 is the door to entering the body of Christ.

Yes...however not to overlook the preparation of learning there IS a door, and HOW TO be prepared to ENTER through the Door. :)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...however not to overlook the preparation of learning there IS a door, and HOW TO be prepared to ENTER through the Door. :)
The qualification to enter the door is repentance, then baptism for the remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he is stuck on his interpretation of acts 2: 32. Imagine if an apostle kept going to one verse. Or jesus kept going to just one verse. they would be laughed off the scene..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The door to enter jesus is found in John 3, John 4, John 5 John 6. And so many other areas.

It is found in acts 2 also. Just not the way truther thinks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The qualification to enter the door is repentance, then baptism for the remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

The teaching is in the Knowledge (Word of God). A commitment to God IS Forever. The "fine print" (so to speak is paramount). Those are the things one learns ABOUT, long before they are prepared to MAKE a "commitment".
Then...once an individual is SURE they are prepared to Commit...What you call "qualification", Scripturally is specifically A part of Gods Works, to Justify a man.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he is stuck on his interpretation of acts 2: 32. Imagine if an apostle kept going to one verse. Or jesus kept going to just one verse. they would be laughed off the scene..

Personally, I promote;
Gods "Order and Way", regarding who, what, when, where, how and why.

It is an individuals job to figure out In Gods "Order and Way"....what, when, where, how and why...any man personally fits into Gods "Order and Way"... and accept or reject exactly what He Offers to a man individually ...and any man who accepts His Offering according to His Order and Way....to know the WHOLE of what that means...
Or not.

I was not Offered Moses position, (lawmaker) Arrons position, (Priest) Davids position (king) Mary's position, (conceived with the Lord)...and particular others.
I was Offered, forgiveness, forever life with the Lord God Almighty....and the express "Order and Way" of how to Accept the Lord Gods Works within me, to acccomplish that Offering being receive unto me personally.

Agree, everything does not hang on the balance of ONE verse. Gods Word is FIRST "in ALL things"...even us having Knowledge and knowing His Word IS FIRST and preparation, to commit to His Word.

Glory to God,
Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His children are specifically adopted via Acts 2:38.

Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Much love!

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The teaching is in the Knowledge (Word of God). A commitment to God IS Forever. The "fine print" (so to speak is paramount). Those are the things one learns ABOUT, long before they are prepared to MAKE a "commitment".
Then...once an individual is SURE they are prepared to Commit...What you call "qualification", Scripturally is specifically A part of Gods Works, to Justify a man.

Glory to God,
Taken
To qualify for water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins requires repentance first. Faith and repentance go hand-in-hand.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:3-7 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Much love!
Oh yeah!