other bible jws use.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they agree with that video they aren't witnesses
Why would you say that?

Before JEHOVAH Elohiym (God), did you personally watch & listen to the entirety of the video, presented on Revelation, before making your statement about it supposedly being "Big p r o p a g a n d a"?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who said anything about conversion? That is a distraction from what you said about the video. I do not believe you are a JW. At all.

Ben,

How can you conclude he's not a JW when he wrote in this thread, 'i don't question my watchtower i trust it'?

He said he's not a baptised JW but when he trusts the Watchtower unreservedly, that sounds awfully like a JW or JW-in-training to me.

Oz

Reactions: Willie T

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
hehe you think i am actually that high on the Watch Tower Cooperate ladder i am unbaptized.

There is no corporate ladder :)

Our organisation has many brothers and sisters involved in the work of translating...thats how we've managed to translate the bible into hundreds of languages.
Don't be bothered by people who want to see some kind of university degree. I'll tell you a story. Some years ago i thought i'd like to learn hebrew, so I did a course in biblical hebrew offered by the Jerusalem university. I soon realised that I already knew and understood the course very well even though i don't speak the language. I started going back through many of the Watchtowers publications to clarify what i was learning in the course, specifically the 'Insight on the Scriptures' volumes and i found that those books were 100% accurate in explaining and defining hebrew expressions and terms. The NWT is a masterpiece and even hebrew scholars agree with that sentiment.

And remember, Jesus chose men who were 'unlettered and ordinary' men who had not studied in the schools. The Apostle and even Jesus himself were not university educated so don't think you have to be in order to get to know the deep things of God. It is God who qualifies a person, not any man.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Our organisation has many brothers and sisters involved in the work of translating...thats how we've managed to translate the bible into hundreds of languages.
Don't be bothered by people who want to see some kind of university degree. I'll tell you a story. Some years ago i thought i'd like to learn hebrew, so I did a course in biblical hebrew offered by the Jerusalem university. I soon realised that I already knew and understood the course very well even though i don't speak the language. I started going back through many of the Watchtowers publications to clarify what i was learning in the course, specifically the 'Insight on the Scriptures' volumes and i found that those books were 100% accurate in explaining and defining hebrew expressions and terms. The NWT is a masterpiece and even hebrew scholars agree with that sentiment.

And remember, Jesus chose men who were 'unlettered and ordinary' men who had not studied in the schools. The Apostle and even Jesus himself were not university educated so don't think you have to be in order to get to know the deep things of God. It is God who qualifies a person, not any man.
yeah i know it was a figure of speech

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie,

Who is Sean?

I don't understand the question you ask.

Oz
Sean is a member who is currently learning details and techniques of deeper study of the Bible. The first book he is reading explains various terms such as exegesis and hermeneutics. I was simply asking him to apply the knowledge he is acquiring to the statement made, in order to verify its veracity.

Reactions: OzSpen

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So is it OK with you that translators of the Hebrew and Aramaic OT have no expertise in knowledge of the words, grammar and syntax of the OT to translate into English or any other language?

Are you advocating that any person with no training in koine Greek can translate the NT into any language, including English?

Reactions: Willie T