Our French Revolution on the Horizon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So violence has been on a fifty year down slide until two years ago according to @bbyrd009.....yet the OP and others are convinced that there is a war on the horizon............hmmm
ha well, the eye is the lamp of the body? lol
fwiw that is not really according to me, and i invite any other sources for examination
um, and we are in about 6 wars right now i guess
Maybe a war is the best thing that can happen to America, so that it cleanses itself of all the scum.
yikes?
He is especially good for the more dark skinned people, because we, people of my own color, at least no longer have the illusion of inclusion, as he emboldened all the race soldiers to come out of the wood work
interesting, i was not aware of this.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well, the eye is the lamp of the body? lol
fwiw that is not really according to me, and i invite any other sources for examination
um, and we are in about 6 wars right now i guess

yikes?

interesting, i was not aware of this.

:) Well, I know lynchings is one thing thats been on the rise since Trump got in office, among other things. All in all, the pretense went straight out the window. It's better this way for black people, so that we know who we are really dealing with.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, I know lynchings is one thing thats been on the rise since Trump got in office
wow, ppl still get lynched?
https://www.google.com/search?q=lyn...ce&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

ah, maybe not quite, but i get you, yeh. Unfortunately i have no idea what it is like to be discriminated against, i am even at the other end of the spectrum prolly, i get respect that leaves me wondering if they are insane, but i can at least agree that this might lead to a better reality for the disadvantaged, when it all blows up iow. This cabinet is not going to end well for white ppl, generally speaking imo. I don't think blacks are the same ppl now that would have volunteered to defend the Confederacy, etc.

so it seems we are gonna go around a familiar track again, but the results will be different this time i bet. That Mississippi senator guy has lost his mind imo, and i anticipate consequences. And repercussions
:)

Reactions: Helen

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As always man never learns anything from history, that's if he happens to be taught it at all. It is usually so generic or politically correct that it is useless. Thus man is doomed to always repeat. ...

"... Even Bible study, as too often conducted in the schools, is robbing the world of the priceless treasure of the word of God. The work of "higher criticism," in dissecting, conjecturing, reconstructing, is destroying faith in the Bible as a divine revelation; it is robbing God's word of power to control, uplift, and inspire human lives. {Ed 227.4}

As the youth go out into the world to encounter its allurements to sin,--the passion for money getting, for amusement and indulgence, for display, luxury, and extravagance, the overreaching, fraud, robbery, and ruin,--what are the teachings there to be met? {Ed 227.5}

Spiritualism asserts that men are unfallen demigods; [228] that "each mind will judge itself;" that "true knowledge places men above all law;" that "all sins committed are innocent;" for "whatever is, is right," and "God doth not condemn." The basest of human beings it represents as in heaven, and highly exalted there. Thus it declares to all men, "It matters not what you do; live as you please, heaven is your home." Multitudes are thus led to believe that desire is the highest law, that license is liberty, and that man is accountable only to himself. {Ed 227.6}

With such teaching given at the very outset of life, when impulse is strongest, and the demand for self-restraint and purity is most urgent, where are the safeguards of virtue? what is to prevent the world from becoming a second Sodom? {Ed 228.1}

At the same time anarchy is seeking to sweep away all law, not only divine, but human. The centralizing of wealth and power; the vast combinations for the enriching of the few at the expense of the many; the combinations of the poorer classes for the defense of their interests and claims; the spirit of unrest, of riot and bloodshed; the world-wide dissemination of the same teachings that led to the French Revolution--all are tending to involve the whole world in a struggle similar to that which convulsed France. {Ed 228.2} ..." - Education (1903), sister Ellen G. White, pages 227.4-228.2

Consider listening to:

The Great Controversy, the Bible and the French Revolution:
https://www.thedesireofagesproject....yers_media_-_with_sound_effects_and_score.mp3

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow, ppl still get lynched?
https://www.google.com/search?q=lyn...ce&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

ah, maybe not quite, but i get you, yeh. Unfortunately i have no idea what it is like to be discriminated against, i am even at the other end of the spectrum prolly, i get respect that leaves me wondering if they are insane, but i can at least agree that this might lead to a better reality for the disadvantaged, when it all blows up iow. This cabinet is not going to end well for white ppl, generally speaking imo. I don't think blacks are the same ppl now that would have volunteered to defend the Confederacy, etc.

so it seems we are gonna go around a familiar track again, but the results will be different this time i bet. That Mississippi senator guy has lost his mind imo, and i anticipate consequences. And repercussions
:)

Here is one of many reported over the last two years. Cops keep claiming suicide of course, but what african-american with common sense would trust the police? What black man would off himself in this manner?

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-atlanta-hanging-20160708-snap-story.html?outputType=amphttps://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-atlanta-hanging-20160708-snap-story.html?outputType=amp

There was also a boy abducted in Texas by a bunch of race soldiers donning racially charged tattoes. He's lucky he got away, he likely would have ended up being another Emmett Till. :eek:

Link: https://abc13-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/abc13.com/amp/teen-allegedly-kidnapped-and-assaulted-getting-off-school-bus-/3478056/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=http://abc13.com/teen-allegedly-kidnapped-and-assaulted-getting-off-school-bus-/3478056/

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"... Even Bible study, as too often conducted in the schools, is robbing the world of the priceless treasure of the word of God. The work of "higher criticism," in dissecting, conjecturing, reconstructing, is destroying faith in the Bible as a divine revelation; it is robbing God's word of power to control, uplift, and inspire human lives. {Ed 227.4}

As the youth go out into the world to encounter its allurements to sin,--the passion for money getting, for amusement and indulgence, for display, luxury, and extravagance, the overreaching, fraud, robbery, and ruin,--what are the teachings there to be met? {Ed 227.5}

Spiritualism asserts that men are unfallen demigods; [228] that "each mind will judge itself;" that "true knowledge places men above all law;" that "all sins committed are innocent;" for "whatever is, is right," and "God doth not condemn." The basest of human beings it represents as in heaven, and highly exalted there. Thus it declares to all men, "It matters not what you do; live as you please, heaven is your home." Multitudes are thus led to believe that desire is the highest law, that license is liberty, and that man is accountable only to himself. {Ed 227.6}

With such teaching given at the very outset of life, when impulse is strongest, and the demand for self-restraint and purity is most urgent, where are the safeguards of virtue? what is to prevent the world from becoming a second Sodom? {Ed 228.1}

At the same time anarchy is seeking to sweep away all law, not only divine, but human. The centralizing of wealth and power; the vast combinations for the enriching of the few at the expense of the many; the combinations of the poorer classes for the defense of their interests and claims; the spirit of unrest, of riot and bloodshed; the world-wide dissemination of the same teachings that led to the French Revolution--all are tending to involve the whole world in a struggle similar to that which convulsed France. {Ed 228.2} ..." - Education (1903), sister Ellen G. White, pages 227.4-228.2

Consider listening to:

https://www.thedesireofagesproject....yers_media_-_with_sound_effects_and_score.mp3
You're not blaming the Pope for the French Revolution?
HOW REFRESHING!

Although the French Revolution’s ideals of Liberty, Equality, and Brotherhood (Liberté, égalité, fraternité) seem laudable, in practice they were combined with a program of dechristianization. The revolutionaries were acting on the Enlightenment philosophes’ verbal attacks on the Catholic Church, regarding it as an ally of the old regime. The National Constituent Assembly of France seized all Church property, suppressed convents and monasteries, and forced priests to serve as employees of the State, swearing an oath to the Revolution while denying loyalty to the Pope. The Blessed Sacrament was desecrated, church furnishings and artwork wrecked, and churches destroyed in a massive campaign of iconoclasm. More than 200 non-juring priests and three bishops—those who would not take the required oath—were brutally massacred in Paris on September 2 and 3, 1793. Priests and nuns were also tied together and drowned in what revolutionaries called “Republican Weddings” in Nantes and Lyon. The Ursulines of Valencienne, the Carmelites of Compiegne, and groups of nuns from other religious orders were guillotined.

The French Revolution hasn't gone away, it's just changed its face.

It just has to be providential that two movies about historical conflicts between Church and State appear right now. Around the world, in the Middle East, in Asia, in Great Britain, and the Americas (the U.S.A., Mexico, and Cuba) religious freedom faces many threats. Attacks on Coptic Christians in their native Egypt, the ongoing battle between Christians and the Communist government of China, the U.K. government’s failure to defend a citizen’s right to wear a cross in public, the HHS mandates forcing Catholic organizations to fund insurance for free abortafacients, sterilizations, and contraceptives, and Pope Benedict XVI’s visit to Mexico and Cuba—all are highlighting dangers to individual religious freedom and persecution of Christians.

https://catholicexchange.com/a-new-look-at-the-french-revolution

Billboard2-300x117.jpg

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Astounding! We have something we agree on!

We have a basket term that covers a variety of destroyers. It's called modernism.

Have you ever encountered someone in the Church who said it doesn't matter what religion you believe, or that truth is subjective? If so, you have probably encountered a Modernist.

What Is Modernism?

By its very nature, Modernism — the sythesis of all heresies, according to Pope St. Pius X — is hard to define because it doesn’t have an official creed. For this reason, it is like nailing jelly to a wall. There are some basic components to Modernism, however, some of which are as follows:​

Principal Errors:

(1) God cannot be known and proved to exist by natural reason;
(2) external signs of revelation, such as miracles and prophecies, do not prove the divine origin of the Christian religion and are not suited to the intellect of modern man;
(3) Christ did not found a Church;
(4) and the essential structure of the Church can change;
(5) the Church's dogmas continually evolve over time so that they can change from meaning one thing to meaning another;
(6) faith is a blind religious feeling that wells up from the subconscious under the impulse of a heart and a will trained to morality, not a real assent of the intellect to divine truth learned by hearing it from an external source.

Background:

The heresy of Modernism was inspired by tendencies prevalent in liberal Protestantism and secular philosophy. It was influenced by nineteenth-century studies by Kant and Hegel, by liberal Protestant theologians and biblical critics (such as Schleiermacher and von Harnack), by the evolutionary theories of Darwin, and by certain liberal political movements in Europe. The centers of Modernism were in France, England, Italy, and Germany. Two of its leading figures were Fr. Alfred Loisy, a French theologian and Scripture scholar, and Fr. George Tyrrell, an Irish-born Protestant who became a Catholic and a Jesuit, though he was dismissed from the Jesuits in 1906.

The Heresy:

The Heresy:

Pope Piux X dubbed Modernism "the synthesis of all heresies." Modernists viewed doctrine not as a means of obtaining supernatural knowledge, but as a symbol of an unknowable ultimate reality or as a symbol of human religious expression. Because they do not contain genuine knowledge of the supernatural, theological dogmas are relative and may adopted or rejected based on whether they exercise power over people's imaginations. Those dogmas which are found productive to people's religious sentiments are to be accepted, then abandoned when they are no longer found satisfying. Dogmas may thus change over time, either being completely rejected or re-interpreted and given a meaning different than what they originally had.

The Heresy:

Since dogmas do not give us knowledge of the supernatural and religion is best viewed as an expression of human religious.aspirations, no real, objective knowledge of God is possible. Intellectual arguments in favor of his existence are useless, as are arguments based on miracles or fulfilled prophecies. In the Modernist view, the only knowledge we can have of God is subjective, found in individual religious experiences (which are binding on only those who receive them.

Since God is found primarily or exclusively in the human heart--in subjective experience--he is profoundly immanent in the world. Modernism has a tendency toward pantheism (the doctrine that God is identical with the world or a part of it), emphasizing his immanence at the expense of his transcendence.

Because theology does not give us knowledge of the supernatural, Scripture is best viewed as an expression of profound religious experiences had by its authors, but not as a sure guide to a knowledge of God and his ways. Scripture is not free from human error and contains much symbol and myth. Since it is historically unreliable and based on human religious sentiment, there is a gap between what it records and what actually took place.

This gap means that there is a great difference between the glorious Christ the Church proclaims (the Christ of faith) and the human Jesus who walked the hills of Israel (the Jesus of history). Jesus did not know (at least for certain) that he was the Messiah or God Incarnate. He did not intend to found a Church. He did not bestow the earthly leadership of this Church upon Peter. Except for baptism and the Lord's Supper, Christ did not institute any sacraments, and even these have been heavily colored by Christian theological reflection.

In view of the fact that theological dogmas are relative, all Christian denominations are equal with the Catholic Church. Even non-Christian religions are valid expressions of man's religious yearnings. It follows that the Church should have no special relationship with the state and that the state has no duty to uphold and promote the true religion. Instead of openly acknowledging that the state's power comes from God (Rom. 13:1) through Jesus Christ (Matt. 28:18), the state should be indifferent to all religions and to those with no religion.

Orthodox Response:

Although key Modernist claims had already been censured by Pius IX's Syllabus of Errors (1864) or infallibly condemned by the First Vatican Council (1870), whose status as an ecumenical council was challenged by many Modernists, it was necessary for the magisterium to take new action.

In December 1903, Pope Pius X approved a decree of the Holy Office that placed five of Loisy's works on the Index of Forbidden Books. Works by other Modernist authors were placed on the Index as well.

In June 1907 the Holy Office published a decree titled Lamentabili, which condemned 65 Modernist propositions. Pope Pius X added his censure to this document, declaring each and all of the errors to be condemned and proscribed.

In September the Pope published the encyclical Pascendi Dominici Gregis, which further condemned Modernism. In November he published a motu proprio titled Praestantia Scripturae, which bound Catholics in conscience to embrace the decisions of the Pontifical Biblical Commission and imposed the penalty of excommunication on those who contradicted Lamentabili or Pascendi....

...In the middle of the century, a strand of Modernism erupted through the writings of Fr. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, leading to Pope Pius XII's 1950 encyclical Humanae Generis.

THBE, if you are going to cite "official Catholic teaching", make sure it is "official Catholic teaching", because anything with the word "Vatican" in it is not necessary binding and infallible, and it is not necessarily Catholic.. In fact, very few encyclicals are infallible. The Catholic Church is in a perpetual state of development and renewal (without any change in the original truths). Centuries old teaching is useful, but it's outdated. I suggest you cite encyclicals that have been proclaimed in the last 100 years. And please, please, leave a link so context is readily available to readers.
http://www.papalencyclicals.net/

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not often do I disagree with you, but I do here.

Just because the left has now 'made it' overtly violent does not mean that this violence had not been planned for years. "unseen" does not mean none existent. Now you are the one with his head in the sand. :(

This takes a lot of excusing of racist marches by the right, Helen. You don’t see the violence on the right?

B

brakelite

Consider listening to:

And people say EGW wasn't a prophet.

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not blaming the Pope for the French Revolution?
Keep reading, don't give up:

"... The war against the Bible, carried forward for so many centuries in France, culminated in the scenes of the Revolution. That terrible outbreaking was but the legitimate result of Rome's suppression of the Scriptures. (See Appendix.) It presented the most striking illustration which the world has ever witnessed of the working out of the papal policy-- an illustration of the results to which for more than a thousand [266] years the teaching of the Roman Church had been tending. {GC 265.2}

The suppression of the Scriptures during the period of papal supremacy was foretold by the prophets; and the Revelator points also to the terrible results that were to accrue especially to France from the domination of the "man of sin." {GC 266.1} ..." - The Great Controversy 1911, pages 265.2 - 266.1

Feel free to also read Revelation 11.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you do it in another thread please. Then we will show the truth of the matter when time allows, for now see - http://www.pearltrees.com/awhn/ellen-g-white/id1593382

(you're about to bite off more than you can chew ...)

Nah. There is no reason for prophets to exist after Christ was raised from the dead - all prophecy was fulfilled in Christ. EGW was mainly concerned with maligning the Catholic Church not glorifying Christ.

So even if her prophecies were without fault, they would be false.

Also, loading up on SDA literature in order to defend her false prophecies and plagiarism is not impressive. I could do the same thing in defense of the Vatican, but would you accept it - I doubt it.
A third party is necessary to valid the group think

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nah. There is no reason for prophets to exist after Christ was raised from the dead - all prophecy was fulfilled in Christ. EGW was mainly concerned with maligning the Catholic Church not glorifying Christ.

So even if her prophecies were without fault, they would be false.

Also, loading up on SDA literature in order to defend her false prophecies and plagiarism is not impressive. I could do the same thing in defense of the Vatican, but would you accept it - I doubt it.
A third party is necessary to valid the group think

There will be no further Revelation

This is a part of the CCC that i think all should read carefully:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__PH.HTM

Peace!

Reactions: aspen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There will be no further Revelation

This is a part of the CCC that i think all should read carefully:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__PH.HTM

Peace!
Catholics are free to dispense with any private revelation, no matter how dazzling, because they are not part of the deposit of faith. Even approved Lourdes and Fatima with miracles all over the place; we are under no obligation to accept them as divinely sourced. But but a Catholic would be pretty stupid to dismiss them.

sell the vatican.jpg