Our hands have handle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Our fellowship is with the Father, and with His son, Jesus Christ"

It's far from creed language but did you notice "with" is meta, signifying a "partnership."

Here is the verse with meta highlighted!

that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John is speaking to mature believers who already know and understand the Gospel accounts, here he is speaking to those who are already in the meat of the Word. They have experienced the joy this fellowship brings; intellectually and emotionally.

What a way to introduce a letter than to consider these first 4 verses!

This joy that the Apostle shared in common with the believers. The joy relates to the pleasure experienced in true fellowship one with
the other.

Check this out!

“I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. John 17:13;

and the appeal of Paul in 1 Thess. 5:16

Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I'm excited to think what awaits us in this letter from John (the one the Lord loved!)

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you understand that you came from your father and Jesus came from His?

Those are not the same.

Understand?
What I understand is the Word of God states clearly one thing about the Lords nature, and you say something totally opposite. You know this to be true, but "other knowledge", foreign to the Word has corrupted your mind to the point you are unable to respond with anything relating to Hebrews 2:17, or any other Scripture for that matter. We are entering the Spirit of the Word in this thread, seeking to identify the original Gospel which as Paul states, "is the Power of God unto Salvation"...soon John is going to teach us about the One True God and I doubt you will take a second thought to his teachings, am I right? Your cup is full Behold....empty it and then come to His Word.

F2F

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.

And now, face2face, you can go ahead and explain that the Cross of Christ is the reason that a person can have spiritual fellowship restored to God.

Use these verses......

Paul wrote..

For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

For the preaching of the Cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What I understand is the Word of God states clearly one thing about the Lords nature,

The Lord's nature came from His Father.

Jesus said.. "I and my Father are ONE"

Jesus said..."If you've seen me, you've seen the Father"

You dont know anything about this face2face, as you'll keep proving in your next 25 posts.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Lord's nature came from His Father.

Jesus said.. "I and my Father are ONE"

Jesus said..."If you've seen me, you've seen the Father"

You dont know anything about this face2face, as you'll keep proving in your next 25 posts.
Only 25...so after this number I will know something? Okay!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And now, face2face, you can go ahead and explain that the Cross of Christ is the reason that a person can have spiritual fellowship restored to God.

Use these verses......

Paul wrote..

For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

For the preaching of the Cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
The first 4 verses are complete of 1 John 1.

Now we move into a beautiful theme one which takes us from cover (Gen) to cover (Rev).

God is Light :shine:

Sit down, make a cup of tea, as we are going to embark on an amazing journey starting at 1 John 1:5 and taking us all the way to 1 John 2:29.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Notice the Grand theme of "God is Light" and John in so teaching lays the foundation for all that follows. Without light, there cannot be love, and without love there would not be the promise of life. So in the right sequence John is going to declare that God is Light, God is Love, and God is Life.
While these ideas might seem simple but they are profound in their meaning and application in our lives.
F2F
(Note: I will be away for the next few days camping with my sons in the high country - be safe and talk soon)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Notice the Grand theme of "God is Light" a

"Light" is......>>"God exists in Light".. Jesus is the "Light of the World".... The born again are "Children of the Light".

Unbelievers are mind blinded by the Devil, "lest the LIGHT of the Glorious Gospel of CHRIST should SHINE into them".

And what is that Gospel that you keep leaving out of your THREAD, face2face = as you are the Cult lead deceiver who teaches that Christ's nature is Adamic and fallen ????

I'll give you a hint.

Paul called it "my Gospel"... 3 times.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Light" is......>>"God exists in Light".. Jesus is the "Light of the World".... The born again are "Children of the Light".

Unbelievers are mind blinded by the Devil, "lest the LIGHT of the Glorious Gospel of CHRIST should SHINE into them".

And what is that Gospel that you keep leaving out of your THREAD, face2face = as you are the Cult lead deceiver who teaches that Christ's nature is Adamic and fallen ????

I'll give you a hint.

Paul called it "my Gospel"... 3 times.
These are deeper things we are looking at Behold. You have hangups about your Gospel doctrine, but as this study will show its how we live that Gospel which really matters. If you are patient you may see that your past posts in this thread are merely your boasting in knowledge, where John is going to teach you how to live as God requires. Hope you stick around
F2F.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
These are deeper things we are looking at Behold.

There is nothing about your theology that is "deep".

You are looking for attention, and want to be perceived as a teacher.

And you are, of a certain type. face2face
You of of the one who taught you to teach that Jesus has a sin nature, just like all those who came from ADAM, as you posted.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is nothing about your theology that is "deep".
Though you appear to struggle to understand what the Apostle is teaching?

You are looking for attention, and want to be perceived as a teacher.
Not so...simply sharing insights into Johns 1st Epistle.

And you are, of a certain type. face2face
You of of the one who taught you to teach that Jesus has a sin nature, just like all those who came from ADAM, as you posted.
Correct he had your nature and for good reason - thats the Gospel Paul & John taught...if you hang around you will see.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can see from John's introduction, his focus has been in seeking eternal life through the Word of Life, which Jesus became is paramount to now understanding that God is Light and in Him is no darkness.

1 John 1:5 This is the message (Gospel) we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

The (Gospel) message of John (is centred on understanding the One True God), if we are called to be a partaker of God's character & nature which is deemed LIFE, (remember verse 2 that LIFE was manifested) it is necessary that we reveal the moral and spiritual qualities consistent with it, as revealed by the Father through the Son. Hence hoping for eternal life, draws one towards the Father (John 17:3).

For now the message John is concerned with is going to be centred in God, and it will concern sin, and who He dealt with it.

(Yes @Behold we are getting closer to that Cross you so wanted to discuss)

F2F

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are deeper things we are looking at Behold. You have hangups about your Gospel doctrine, but as this study will show its how we live that Gospel which really matters. If you are patient you may see that your past posts in this thread are merely your boasting in knowledge, where John is going to teach you how to live as God requires. Hope you stick around
F2F.
ANY who believes not that JESUS is the CHRIST , fill in the blank .
HE IS ANTI CHRIST .
So dont forget that . There is this other gospel that is now getting taught .
I dont know what you beleive so i dont know if you follow this other false gospel . BUT IT IS FALSE .
IT tries to say things like folks do not have to BELEIVE ON CHRIST . LIE NUMBER ONE . AND THAT IS A FAT LIE TOO .
IT tries to act like muslims , atheists , buddists are somehow walking after GOD , carrying their own cross , IF YA WILL ,
ITS FALSE and big time false too .
FOr if a man believeth not that JESUS IS THE CHRIST , WELL ITS ALL IN VAIN .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same man who had the gospel of john penned , had that to say as well .
He who believes not that JESUS IS THE CHRIST , He is anti christ .
take note john did say , WELL ITS OKAY , if they just hug and have love they are fine too .
JOHN SAID HE IS ANTI CHRIST . ANTI CHRIST . let us read first john chapter two verse twenty and two .
MEMORIZE IT , cause this all inclusive lovey do generation is LYING to the masses .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
HE IS ANTI CHRIST .
No Amigo - its those who believe that Christ was not raised up out of Adams flesh is the anti-Christ, as we shall find!

I dont know what you beleive so i dont know if you follow this other false gospel . BUT IT IS FALSE .
IT tries to say things like folks do not have to BELEIVE ON CHRIST . LIE NUMBER ONE . AND THAT IS A FAT LIE TOO .
IT tries to act like muslims , atheists , buddists are somehow walking after GOD , carrying their own cross , IF YA WILL ,
Nothing here to comment on really.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE IS ANTI CHRIST .
Anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus is the Christ is anyone who hasn't understood that He is the Messiah. They are not anti Christ! That is just nonsense. According to John, "This one is the antichrist: the person who denies the Father and the Son." 1 John 2:22

Everyone who has accepted Christ as their Savior didn't believe at one point in their life that He was the Christ. That is totally different than denial!

Were you anti Christ before you were saved?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same man who had the gospel of john penned , had that to say as well .
He who believes not that JESUS IS THE CHRIST , He is anti christ .
take note john did say , WELL ITS OKAY , if they just hug and have love they are fine too .
JOHN SAID HE IS ANTI CHRIST . ANTI CHRIST . let us read first john chapter two verse twenty and two .
MEMORIZE IT , cause this all inclusive lovey do generation is LYING to the masses .
You are totally misquoting Scripture! 1 John 2:22,"Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son." It does not say doesn't believe, it says denies. That is an important difference!

Romans 10:14-15, "But how are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him? And how are they to proclaim him unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

So people have to hear first! Yet you condemn everyone as being anti-Christ, even those who haven't heard of Him. As usual, your condemning many people with no basis!

Reactions: Ritajanice