Our hope for the Future

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the dispensational definition of Replacement Theology,
Every Jew who receives Christ and is added to His Church, is an example of Replacement Theology.
Because in every such instance, the Church has replaced Israel.

If there were no Jews receiving Christ and being added to His Church, there would be no Replacement Theology.

So no Jews should receive Christ, in order to eliminate Replacement Theology.

Agreed?
No. Replacement Theology is simply that the Church replaced Israel and is Israel. And that since Christ came ), those adhering ti this theology interpret any prophesies concerning Israel (the generations of Jews from all the tribal bloodlines) as the present day Church. And since the Jews rejected Christ (most of them) they believe they are forever lost as a nation, with the exception of some who trickle into the fold individually. Since Christ, there has been this resentment and hatred that has grown, as a result of this theololgy. It is called Anti-Semitism and recently it has been growing.
Christians of this persuation read and interpret endtime prophecy incorrectly. They can't accept it literally, so they distort it, create symbolism, so that none of it can possibly refer to the nation of Israel/ Jews. 1948 means nothing to them. Did God regather the Jews from being scattered throughout the world and bring them back to Israel? They say no and are in denial of this.
This has led to Amillennialism as well. Amillennials are in complete disagreement that Jesus will return and physically set up a Kingdom in Jerusalem. Furthermore, this Anti-Semitic attitude and hatred influences them polically to side with nations surrounding them and thr Palestinians. Even thr Popes were Anti-Semitic. I recall one just recently broke the long streak of Popes refusing to visit Israel. I am curious what the residing Pope's response to the Holocaust was? Anyways, this is not a Pope bashing session.

This is really not what God intends for Israel and the Jews. Everyone can see that God has blessed them in the past 70 years and the nations surrounding them, not. He has won their battles in 1948/49 and 1967. They are so powerful that they can wipe out all the Muslim nations in one hour if they chose to do that. And actually that is what's on the table, it's called Armegeddon. Ten natiins will join forces and come against Israel, likely led by Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lybia, Iraq, etc. Russia has been helping Iran with the nuclear program since the 90's and they likely already have nukes. Russia has a base in Syria and so there you have it. Obama was instrmental in their nuclear program - didn't mean to get political.
Be wise: "Those who bless them will be blessed and those who curse them will be cursed".
Those nations that will soon come against Israel will be destroyed.
The USA had always supported Israel. They have been our allies. The liberal Democrats since Clinton and Obama have been against them. Biden is not pro Israel either - so actually this would be the time for them to act!

It is a pickle. Division in this country has many underlying causes, and I think this is one root cause.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What can I say, I know how to read.
Obviously not, since John 6:27 has nothing to do with Jews or 144,000.

If you think that the Blue Letter Bible says that it does, then provide a link to confirm your claim.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. Replacement Theology is simply that the Church replaced Israel and is Israel. And that since Christ came ), those adhering ti this theology interpret any prophesies concerning Israel (the generations of Jews from all the tribal bloodlines) as the present day Church. And since the Jews rejected Christ (most of them) they believe they are forever lost as a nation, with the exception of some who trickle into the fold individually. Since Christ, there has been this resentment and hatred that has grown, as a result of this theololgy. It is called Anti-Semitism and recently it has been growing.
Christians of this persuation read and interpret endtime prophecy incorrectly. They can't accept it literally, so they distort it, create symbolism, so that none of it can possibly refer to the nation of Israel/ Jews. 1948 means nothing to them. Did God regather the Jews from being scattered throughout the world and bring them back to Israel? They say no and are in denial of this.
This has led to Amillennialism as well. Amillennials are in complete disagreement that Jesus will return and physically set up a Kingdom in Jerusalem. Furthermore, this Anti-Semitic attitude and hatred influences them polically to side with nations surrounding them and thr Palestinians. Even thr Popes were Anti-Semitic. I recall one just recently broke the long streak of Popes refusing to visit Israel. I am curious what the residing Pope's response to the Holocaust was? Anyways, this is not a Pope bashing session.

This is really not what God intends for Israel and the Jews. Everyone can see that God has blessed them in the past 70 years and the nations surrounding them, not. He has won their battles in 1948/49 and 1967. They are so powerful that they can wipe out all the Muslim nations in one hour if they chose to do that. And actually that is what's on the table, it's called Armegeddon. Ten natiins will join forces and come against Israel, likely led by Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lybia, Iraq, etc. Russia has been helping Iran with the nuclear program since the 90's and they likely already have nukes. Russia has a base in Syria and so there you have it. Obama was instrmental in their nuclear program - didn't mean to get political.
Be wise: "Those who bless them will be blessed and those who curse them will be cursed".
The USA had always supported Israel. They have been our allies. The liberal Democrats since Clinton and Obama have been against them. Biden is not pro Israel either - so actually this would be the time for them to act!

It is a pickle. Division in this country has many underlying causes, and I think this is one root cause.
There's no evading the logic and its reality, which you have failed to address.

If there were no Jews accepting Christ and being added to His Church, then there would be no dispensational replacement theology, because the Church would not be replacing Israel.

The unavoidable conclusion is, that for dispensationalism's replacement theology to cease, the conversion of Jews to Christ must cease.

Dispensationalism's replacement theology fallacy is hoisted upon its own delusional petard.

That's an indigestible pickle.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove there will be this mass conversion of ethnic Jews to Christ at His coming from the Scripture! I'm not interested in your opinions!
The remnant of the house of Israel is spoken of in several places. Romans 9-11, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekial. Many scriptures support the Millennial Kingdom. I posted a study on the Millennial Kingdom and offered many scriptures. It is not my desire to spoon feed you, someone whose not willing to learn. But I will refer you to a thread if you care to have a look: The Millennial Kingdom

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question was answered and what folks thought hundreds of years ago is irrelevant. The church has greatly increased it's knowledge of scripture since then especially regarding prophecy.
What did you say is the name of your cult?

Does the Church now know more about the New Covenant than Jesus knew when extended it to His disciples? Matthew 26:28.

You've claimed that the New Covenant is incomplete.

So you believe that Jesus extended an incomplete New Covenant to His disciples.

Is that the greatly increased knowledge to which you refer?

Last edited:
Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The remnant of the house of Israel is spoken of in several places. Romans 9-11, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekial. Many scriptures support the Millennial Kingdom. I posted a study on the Millennial Kingdom and offered many scriptures. It is not my desire to spoon feed you, someone whose not willing to learn. But I will refer you to a thread if you care to have a look: The Millennial Kingdom

Yes, exactly! The Bible repeatedly speaks of the "remnant" from Israel being saved. Where in Scripture might we find this mass conversion of ethnic Jews to Christ at His coming?

Reactions: covenantee

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, exactly! The Bible repeatedly speaks of the "remnant" from Israel being saved. Where in Scripture might we find this mass conversion of ethnic Jews to Christ at His coming?
You won't believe if I tell you. If you are willing to interepret Revelation 7 literally, the 144k from the specific 12 tribes of Israel (whom only God knows and has sustained their generations for thousands of years) is a partial massive conversion.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You won't believe if I tell you. If you are willing to interepret Revelation 7 literally, the 144k from the specific 12 tribes of Israel (whom only God knows and has sustained their generations for thousands of years) is a partial massive conversion.

Why would I believe the 144,000 are a partial massive conversion of ethnic Jews when Scripture repeatedly tells us that only a "remnant" from ethnic Israel will be saved? The 144,000 from "all the tribes of the children of Israel" is in contrast to the great innumerable multitude washed in the blood of the Lamb, who come out of great tribulation from "of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues." Don't you see how this is depicting the significance of the cross and resurrection. Before the Gospel is sent unto all the earth, only an elect remnant were sealed and saved according to God's election of grace. But after the advent of Christ's cross and resurrection the full embodiment in heaven is so great, they cannot be counted for multitude.

Revelation 7:1-8 was fulfilled when the elect remnant from all the tribes of the children of Israel, symbolized as 144,000 thousand were sealed by the Holy Spirit and ascended to heaven with Christ. These 144,000 along with the innumerable multitude are the full embodiment of souls that will ascend to heaven by grace through faith after their bodies succumb to death. John is privileged to be shown a vision of heaven as it will be inhabited during this age of time, symbolized a thousand years, as the Gospel is sent unto all the earth.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read. To associate Amillennialism with Anti-semitism could not be further from the truth! And, make no mistake about it, we all know you are accusing Amills of Replacement Theology here.

Amills do not believe that the church replaced Israel. We believe the church is, and always has been, spiritual Israel. The nation of Israel is a separate entity and has not been replaced. What Jesus did was bring Jew and Gentile believers together as one by shedding His blood on the cross. Amills emphasis the unity of Jew and Gentile believers. How is that anti-semitic? Far from it! No one is replaced. Believers experience God's favor just as always been the case. It just so happens that the blood of Christ brought Jew and Gentile believers together as one people of God which we call the church or body of Christ.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only a "remnant" from ethnic Israel will be saved?
A remnant is 1/3 and since there are 15 million Jews, 1/3 is substantial.
The 144,000 from "all the tribes of the children of Israel" is in contrast to the great innumerable multitude washed in the blood of the Lamb, who come out of great tribulation from "of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues."
The description of the 144k is a different vision. The following vision of the multitude in Heaven is the Church. In his vision of Israel, there is a precise number. Then the next vision contains an innumerable amount - obviously not the same group. Turn to Chapter 14, another vantage point of the 144k and we see that they are all virgin males, "who have not defiled themselves with woman". Are you a virgin? Evidently God has a special assignment for these. Maybe he will be grouping them with 144k virgin women to repopulate the nation of Israel?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The description of the 144k is a different vision. The following vision of the multitude in Heaven is the Church. In his vision of Israel, there is a precise number. Then the next vision contains an innumerable amount - obviously not the same group. Turn to Chapter 14, another vantage point of the 144k and we see that they are all virgin males, "who have not defiled themselves with woman". Are you a virgin? Evidently God has a special assignment for these. Maybe he will be grouping them with 144k virgin women to repopulate the nation of Israel?
It's not talking about being a virgin sexually. It's talking about people not defiling themselves with spiritually evil women like the harlot Babylon. It's talking about spiritual virgins like what Paul wrote about here:

2 Corinthians 11:I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

Being a spiritual virgin set apart spiritually for Christ is what matters the most, so it should be obvious that is what Revelation 7 and 14 are referring to. Both males and females are included.

Reactions: rwb and covenantee

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol
Its describing the restoration of what was lost at the fall of man. The restoration of all things.

Act 3
18 And so God has fulfilled what He foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ (Messiah, Anointed) would suffer.
19 So repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins] and return [to God—seek His purpose for your life], so that your sins may be wiped away [blotted out, completely erased], so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord [restoring you like a cool wind on a hot day];
20 and that He may send [to you] Jesus, the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.
If we combine them we get what God is talking about..."From the foundation of the world (at the beginning of time) God's plan has always been to send you Jesus the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time."

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is no Gospel proclaimed how will "Everyone" know Him on a personal level? What do you imagine the New Covenant is?

It is through hearing the Gospel proclaimed in the power of the Spirit that people shall believe. Without the Gospel of Christ which produces faith, there is not faith. Without faith the knowledge of Christ remains like that of Satan. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Gospel (Word of God). If one thinks they can know Christ on a personal level without faith that comes by the Gospel proclaimed, one is most definitely deceived.

Romans 10:12-17 (KJV) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

People must hear and believe the Gospel NOW, in this age of TIME, symbolized a thousand years. We are saved by grace through faith that comes by hearing the Gospel. When the seventh angel begins to sound that time shall be no more because the fullness of the Gentiles (hidden mystery) has come, there will not be another ONE thousand years of time on this earth to somehow come to faith without hearing the Gospel. Your doctrine shows a total lack of understanding.
Your last paragraph...This is the time to hear and obey the gospel but the time runs out at the end of the 70th week. Many of those on earth who listened will get to enter the millennial era. Millennium is literal not some symbolic picture of time.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing how to read does not prove you have understood what you have read! Unless your opinions are proven by the Word of God, they aren't really worth much!
It's all there and proven in the word of God and your reply answer is correct. "Knowing how to read does not prove you have understood what you have read! Unless your opinions are proven by the Word of God, they aren't really worth much!" Got a specific question instead of vague proclamations?

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If we combine them we get what God is talking about..."From the foundation of the world (at the beginning of time) God's plan has always been to send you Jesus the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time."
We were talking about what we inherit from Jesus when he comes yes?

Matt 25
31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Things are restored to Eden like condition.:Zek:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe the church is, and always has been, spiritual Israel.
There it is, spiritually of course - not the nation. The spiritual vine, if you will, is God's kingdom. Gentiles were grafted into this vine. Nevertheless, HE HAS COVENANTS WITH THE JEWS (their physical bloodline, the remnant Israel), in their LAND _ ON EARTH. YOU'VE HEARD OF THE PROMISED LAND BEFORE? That covenant has not been revoked. Those boundaries were never fully occupied and realized.
JESUS WILL PHUSICALLY REIGN _ IN JERUSALEM, IN THE NATION OF ISRAEL _ FILLED WITH THAT REMNANT _which will be converted to Christians.
In HIS Millennial Kingdom, ALL NATIONS OF THE WORLD (which will be filled with Christians only) WILL ANNUALLY GO AND PAY HOMAGE TO THE LORD AND WORSHIP HIM.

Haven't you seen Anti-Semitism and don't you realize that is has been growing? I did not say all Anti-Semitism had its roots in Amillennialism. Their obvious enemies are Muslims, and as I pointed out, they would be gathering many Muslim nations against them to ignite Armageddon.
But a seed of hatred against theJews has existed since Christ was crucified. You can't deny this hatred has grown, a grudge, maybe hidden, buried, sometimes subtle, but resurfaces at times. The phrase, " They murdered Him", has been around and uttered by many Christians who still carry this hatred.
Have you uttered those words?
Do you curse them? Do hateful words about Jews or Israel just flow out of your mouth at times? If not, good. But there are many Christians who believe God has no further plans for the nation of Israel and it's people BECAUSE THEY HAD THEIR CHANCE AND THEY BLEW IT. It's this attitude, a disdain for Jews.
The Bible says He does havr future plans to graft them in as we were and He will fulfill these covenenants

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not talking about being a virgin sexually. It's talking about people not defiling themselves with spiritually evil women like the harlot Babylon. It's talking about spiritual virgins like what Paul wrote about here:

2 Corinthians 11:I hope you will put up with me in a little foolishness. Yes, please put up with me! 2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

Being a spiritual virgin set apart spiritually for Christ is what matters the most, so it should be obvious that is what Revelation 7 and 14 are referring to. Both males and females are included.
2 Cor. 11:2 is talking about the spiritual Bride (symbolically the Church) being offered to a Husband (symbolically Christ) as a virgin (cleansed of sin, pure)
This verse has nothing to do with Rev. 7 and 14.
Rev. 7 specifically is speaking of 144k from the 12 tribes (physical Jewish descendants generated from their bloodlines). There is no symbolism here. Symbolic language never references real names of real people that existed in history.
Rev. 14 identifies them as 144k males, "who have not defiled themselves with women."
>> IF _ this was a reference to the Church, (symbolically refered to as a bride/female), then it would be stating that it did not defile herself with women. In other words, the female did nit defile herself with a female. It does not make sense.
Spiritually, "there is neither male nor female"; so these passages are not refering to the spiritual Bride, nor the woman as Babylon. The entire world (EVERYONE in it) has fornicated (defiled themselves) with Babylon, the world system that was generated from the original city. All Christians were sinners who needed to be cleansed.
Christ will return and judge the world, hence Babylon will fall.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The remnant of Israel saved are faithful Jews of Old. They represent the Church on earth as it existed through the nation before the advent of Christ. According to Paul the remnant consisted of seven thousand who had not bowed to the image of Baal. In addition to these seven thousand, Paul says that at "this present time ALSO there is a remnant according to election of grace." In the days of Paul the remnant that came out of the Old Covenant nation are included with the seven thousand Jews of faith.

Romans 11:4-5 (KJV) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

You discount the words of Paul and create from your imagination a remnant as 1/3 of Jews that exist today so that you can force fit it into your unbiblical doctrine. Do you not understand that the Church on earth after the advent of Christ is not counted according to ethnicity. The Church since Christ has come is identified by FAITH, and called Christians from every nation, tribe, kindred and tongue. How many times must you be shown that circumcision (Jews) account for nothing, nor does uncircumcision (Gentiles) account for anything, but a NEW CREATURE in Christ, a people of grace through faith ALONE!

Of course, the innumerable multitude includes this remnant of Old Covenant faithful Jews. They too believed the prophesy of Messiah who would come to save them. Therefore, they too are redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. But now the number is not a small remnant of Old, but of people from every nation, tribe, kingdom and tongue, an innumerable multitude.

Can you not see how your doctrine is built upon what you guess the text might mean? Guessing what the text might mean is no better than presenting verses out of context to force fit them to your preconceived doctrine, forcing contradiction into Scripture.

"Then the next vision contains an innumerable amount - obviously not the same group. Turn to Chapter 14, another vantage point of the 144k and we see that they are all virgin males, "who have not defiled themselves with woman". Are you a virgin? Evidently God has a special assignment for these. Maybe he will be grouping them with 144k virgin women to repopulate the nation of Israel?"

When read in context we find these same 144,000 from all the tribes of the children of Israel are, after being sealed by the Spirit, together with the Lamb on Mount Sion in heaven, having His Father's name written on their foreheads. Notice their virginity is from following the Lamb wherever He goes. They are virgins in the sense that they were not caught up in idolatry, but pure in their fidelity of worship to the Lord. They are the True Church of Old as betrothed the chaste bride of Christ. They are without impurity being redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, having all their sins forgiven, and possessing eternal life. They are called the firstfruits, belonging to the first spiritual harvest of souls taken with Christ to heaven from Old Covenant Israel.

Revelation 14:1-5 (KJV) And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

In writing of this great cloud of witnesses of Old who have died in faith before the advent of Christ, the writer of Hebrews says Mount Sion is the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and an innumerable company of angels. This verse confirms what Christ says of our spiritual resurrection when believers die. Not only do believers go to heaven spiritually alive after death (living soul), but Christ says we shall be in heaven as are the angels in heaven, i.e., spirit beings. (Mt 22 Mk 12)

Hebrews 12:22 (KJV) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Hebrews 12:18-24 (KJV)
For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest, And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more: (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart: And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Reactions: covenantee

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your last paragraph...This is the time to hear and obey the gospel but the time runs out at the end of the 70th week. Many of those on earth who listened will get to enter the millennial era. Millennium is literal not some symbolic picture of time.

I keep hearing this same argument from you millennialists, but I can't help but notice you, nor other millennialists like you present NO proof from Scripture from that which you allege! Your opinions mean nothing to me! Unless you can prove what you think might be truth, your opinions are without merit.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all there and proven in the word of God and your reply answer is correct. "Knowing how to read does not prove you have understood what you have read! Unless your opinions are proven by the Word of God, they aren't really worth much!" Got a specific question instead of vague proclamations?

All you have brought to the discussions is your opinions!