Our Spiritual Bodies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are only repeating your out of context argument and trying to support it all with misunderstanding, and this you do because you have not yet seen Jesus "as He is:"

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Notice that it does not say, We shall see Him as He was (as you say).
Yep in all His full Glory . Fully God, fully man. The Perfect 2nd Adam , God forever manifest in the flesh . You have no leg to stand on denying the resurrection. I have all the scriptures in my posts to support He is still a man, the Son of man , a human with a real body .

hope this helps !!!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep in all His full Glory . Fully God, fully man. The Perfect 2nd Adam , God forever manifest in the flesh . You have no leg to stand on denying the resurrection. I have all the scriptures in my posts to support He is still a man, the Son of man , a human with a real body .

hope this helps !!!

You contradict yourself and the scriptures, saying we shall see Jesus as He was, while the scriptures say "we shall see Him as He is."

And I have quoted you doing so. :(

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You contradict yourself and the scriptures, saying we shall see Jesus as He was, while the scriptures say "we shall see Him as He is."

And I have quoted you doing so. :(
1 Corinthians 15
And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15
And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

These things are all true--just not the way you think and believe.

You are referring to what was merely enacted in the flesh as being what is to be, just as some consider the Temple of God to be stone. It's not. Nor is any of what you have quoted referring to the flesh...or for that matter--all of creation made of the same "dust" elements, which in the end is to be "dissolved" by "fire." This too is written...but you have not reconciled all, therefore believe what is not true.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are referring to what was merely enacted in the flesh as being what is to be, just as some consider the Temple of God to be stone. It's not. Nor is any of what you have quoted referring to the flesh...or for that matter--all of creation made of the same "dust" elements, which in the end is to be "dissolved" by "fire." This too is written...but you have not reconciled all, therefore believe what is not true.
No physical = no resurrection .
It’s just the plain and simple. Any other understanding is false and anti biblical , antichrist. That’s exactly what the spirit of antichrist teaches as per 1 John 4:2-3 and 2 John 1:7. It’s gnostic heresy John combated in the early church.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hi Scott, finding your posts on this subject really interesting.....you say ...but you have not reconciled all......can you give me more on “ all that is reconciled “...I have very little knowledge on this.

As we will be dust when our bodies die, our spirit goes back to God...also God is Spirit.....so...will we have spiritual bodies in Heaven?

Always learning in God’s word.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58

New International Version

The Resurrection Body​

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[a]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[b] bear the image of the heavenly man.
50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[c]
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”[d]
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Reactions: ScottA

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As we will be dust when our bodies die, our spirit goes back to God...also God is Spirit.....so...will we have spiritual bodies in Heaven?
While they are called "spiritual bodies" they are actually transformed physical bodies free from mortal limitations and capable of traveling to and being in Heaven.

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This corupt body must put on incoruption. So its not physical.
Flesh and blood can not enter heaven.
So its not physical.

Reactions: Mr E

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This corupt body must put on incoruption. So its not physical.
Flesh and blood can not enter heaven.
So its not physical
After Jesus rose, how can you explain this scripture..many thanks.

Luke 24:39
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

New Living Translation
Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.”

English Standard Version
See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
While they are called "spiritual bodies" they are actually transformed physical bodies free from mortal limitations and capable of traveling to and being in Heaven.
Thank you,Enoch, that’s very interesting.

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After Jesus rose, how can you explain this scripture..many thanks.

Luke 24:39
Context Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

New Living Translation
Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.”

English Standard Version
See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
He had a physical body to speak to apostles. But his spiritual body is that of Mount of transfiguration. Which is body he has described in Revelation

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen just like Jesus body was real flesh and bones as He declared to His disciples.

Reactions: Enoch111

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He had a physical body to speak to apostles. But his spiritual body is that of Mount of transfiguration. Which is body he has described in Revelation
Are you saying He no longer has a physical body now in heaven ?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott, finding your posts on this subject really interesting.....you say ...but you have not reconciled all......can you give me more on “ all that is reconciled “...I have very little knowledge on this.

Always learning in God’s word.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58​

New International Version​

The Resurrection Body​

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[a]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[b] bear the image of the heavenly man.
50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[c]
55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”[d]
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

The point of "reconciling all" is to arrive at "all truth" (that is written), not by pitting one scripture against another as has been done now for millennia, but to insist that both and all such scriptures must and do agree. To do this, it is also important to follow the latest guideline given by Paul who insisted that the word of truth must be "rightly divided."

What Paul was referring to, is that there is a divide between what was before Christ and all that He has accomplished, and after--that what pertained to the flesh does not apply to the spirit born of God. Which is not to say that the Spirit allows for sin, as many assume is the claim. It is not, but is rather finished with sin, leading to such claims as that of John, saying, "whoever is born of God does not sin." To the contrary, those who do not understand and oppose the very idea, have not reconciled all and therefore oppose those scriptures and anyone who brings them up.

Now, all scripture can indeed be reconciled--and must be for "all truth" (the promise of Christ to be lead unto all truth by the Holy Spirit during these times) to be known and understood. It is my finding and witness, that those who do not and will not reconcile all scripture are stopped by their own refusal to regard the Spirit in spiritual matters, commonly making accusations of "spiritualizing" as if God in fact were not even spirit and our becoming "perfect as He is perfect" did not require it. What usually follows is name-calling and derogatory accusations of "mysticism" and "gobbledygook" as if by Satan, just as the Priests and Pharisees accused Jesus. Indeed, little has changed, the anti-spirit crowd is anti-Christ.

Are there any scriptures you find seemingly contradictory, that we can perhaps use as an example and clarify?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Any there any scriptures you find seemingly contradictory, that we can perhaps use as an example and clarify?
I will get back to you on this,Scott...thank you so much for the excellent explanation....

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying He no longer has a physical body now in heaven ?
The scripture says you cant see God and live. Remember the burning bush? Even Paul said he didnt know what the bodies will look like. But from description on Mount of transfiguration and revelation, it wont be like you have now

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture says you cant see God and live. Remember the burning bush? Even Paul said he didnt know what the bodies will look like. But from description on Mount of transfiguration and revelation, it wont be like you have now
Yet Moses saw God and lived, Jacob wrestled with God and lived, He appeared to Abraham, Adam walked with God in the garden,
He appeared to Jacob and to Samuel and lets not forget Jesus is God and whoever has seen Me Jesus declared has seen the Father.

hope this helps !!!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet Moses saw God and lived, Jacob wrestled with God and lived, He appeared to Abraham, Adam walked with God in the garden,
He appeared to Jacob and to Samuel and lets not forget Jesus is God and whoever has seen Me Jesus declared has seen the Father.

hope this helps !!!
In none of these instances did he come in his spiritual body. He had to take on human form to visit Abe face to face.

Reactions: ScottA