Out with the Old, in with the New?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Thanks everybody for your replies; they're much appreciated ^.^

@Prentis:

Thanks for being so patient with me :p I would love to keep up the conversation, but my fall semester has just started, so I am going to be very busy with classes for the next few months. Thus, I won't have time to keep up with posts. Again, thanks; I've learned a lot from talking with you ^.^

Hope everybody has a good weekend!

Canuck

It's been my pleasure Canuck... And I completely understand, if it wasn't that I'm not working right now, I wouldn't have time either!

God bless you, Canuck ;) ... And have a good weekend too :)

Israelsson

Israelsson
Sep 18, 2011
Down here in Satan's kingdom (Earth)
Hello everybody!

It's been a while since I posted a new question here, but life's been a bit busy lately. Anyways, I am interested if this question could be settled for me because I have heard different answers from different people on this subject.

I am wondering what everybody here thinks about the laws of the Old Testament. Do you believe that they still need to be followed? Why/why not? Also, do the Ten Commandments fall into this category? Again, why/why not?

This issue confuses me because I have heard Christians quoting from the Old Testament to support their views, but I have heard other Christians say that Jesus nullified it. Can anybody offer me any clarification? Why is there such a divide over this issue within Christianity?

Thanks in advance!

The law is in effect, and it is important to LEARN the law. Jesus did die for our sins, so that we may not sacrifice animals anymore to make atonement. BUT, one must repent, and repentance is turning away from sin, and since sin is the transgression of the law, repenting is turning away from breaking the law. You can't turn away from evil if you don't know what evil is, and this is where the law comes into play.

Our world is ugly today because Christians, Adamic Israelites to be precise, have not upheld what God commanded them. Sure, you can say that stoning homosexuals is a bad thing, but in Gods perfect kingdom, there would be NO gays. There would be no adulterers(racemixers), all of this is relevant upon understanding not only the Old Covenant, but the New Covenant as well.

Despite what others may say, the bible is ONE book, and there is not one part that can go without the next.

Yah bless