Overcoming Impatience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GROWinVIRTUE

Feb 19, 2015
I think impatience is something that most everyone deals with...at least to a certain level.
Below is a link to an article I wrote on why praticing more patience is spiritually benefitting.

How do you deal with impatience?

Article Excerpt: "When I am praying to God for help in this, I start off by saying, “God, please help me with my patience!” – just like that. That clearly. That quickly. I let Him know that I need the help and I need it right now. I will also pray that God helps me to be more humble. When you think about it, if people were more humble, they wouldn’t be so impatient. Impatience is often a feeling of, “I don’t deserve this”.

I also ask God to remind me of my own faults, limitations, and defects, so that I can focus on improving myself first when I am tempted to be impatient, especially when my impatience is the result of judging the actions of those around me."

http://www.growinvirtue.com/impatient/

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through growing in Him I gained more patience than I ever could have gotten on my own.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Work with people who have less resources, living with disabilities, or people who are dying. Life is slower for these populations and they have learned to adapt. The more time you spend with these folks the more patient you become with yourself and the madness of the world spinning in circles. Oh, and get rid of you TV - that is a given.

Impatience is the mistaken belief that our expectations equal control over our environment. It, like all sin boils down to superstition and pride because, in fact, we only have control of our reactions towards our environment.