OVERCOMING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Which translators used Jesus in place of Lord? Post the source.
“Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) NET

“Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) ESV

“So I want to remind you, though you already know these things, that Jesus first rescued the nation of Israel from Egypt, but later he destroyed those who did not remain faithful.” (Jude 5) NLT

“Now I want to remind you, although you know everything once and for all, that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, the second time destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) LEB

“Ὑπομνῆσαι δὲ ὑμᾶς βούλομαι, εἰδότας ὑμᾶς ἅπαξ πάντα, ὅτι Ἰησοῦς λαὸν ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου σώσας τὸ δεύτερον τοὺς μὴ πιστεύσαντας ἀπώλεσεν,” (Jude 5) Greek NT SLB edition.

That's all I presently have access to. But the critical apparatus in NA 27 and 28 gives the same info.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ = YHWH
Be careful on misusing "Lord."
Yet again you are spinning things.

JUDE 5
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. JUpomnh'sai V-AAN de; CONJ uJma'? P-2AP bouvlomai, V-PNI-1S eijdovta? V-RAP-APM uJma'? P-2AP pavnta, A-APN o&ti CONJ ?oJ? T-NSM kuvrio? N-NSM a&pax lao;n N-ASM ejk PREP gh'? N-GSF Aijguvptou N-GSF swvsa? V-AAP-NSM to; T-NSN deuvteron A-NSN tou;? T-APM mh; PRT pisteuvsanta? V-AAP-APM ajpwvlesen, V-AAI-3S

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
2962 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin

kuvrioß from kuros (supremacy)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Kurios
3:1039,486
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
koo'-ree-os Noun Masculine
Definition
  1. he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord
    1. the possessor and disposer of a thing
      1. the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
      2. in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor
    2. is a title of honour expressive of respect and reverence, with which servants greet their master
    3. this title is given to: God, the Messiah

King James Word Usage - Total: 748
Lord 667, lord 54, master 11, sir 6, Sir 6, miscellaneous 4

Reactions: bbyrd009
D

Dave L

Be careful on misusing "Lord."

Yet again you are spending things.

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
2962 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin

kuvrioß from kuros (supremacy)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Kurios
3:1039,486
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
koo'-ree-os Noun Masculine
Definition
  1. he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord
    1. the possessor and disposer of a thing
      1. the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
      2. in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor
    2. is a title of honour expressive of respect and reverence, with which servants greet their master
    3. this title is given to: God, the Messiah

King James Word Usage - Total: 748
Lord 667, lord 54, master 11, sir 6, Sir 6, miscellaneous 4
If Jesus Is God, there is no problem.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus Is God, there is no problem.

His spirit is 100% second person of the Trinity and his flesh 100% human.

Jude 5 is not about Jesus, but the godhead.

There was no man Jesus in the O.T. Did not exist until the incarnation.

God knew every human it would ever exist before the beginning of creation. That that does not mean humanity has existed eternally.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

His spirit is 100% that second person of the Trinity and is flesh 100% human.

Jude 5 is not about Jesus, but the godhead.
No, Jesus is the triune God speaking through the second person of the trinity IE., the Son/Word.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Jesus is the triune God speaking through the second person of the trinity IE., the Son/Word.
The son, the human Jesus, did not exist, except prophetically, until the incarnation. The Word is not the godhead, just the second person of the Trinity.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I hope when I'm in Heaven I can sing....because it is not working for me now.
ah, then understand that what you are really saying is nothing like what you think you are saying, ok. It's not working for you now bc you are not working it wadr; all of your worst fears are manifesting, apparently? i mean idk ok, but from your own lips this is what i am hearing
Christ came that we might have life, more abundantly
Eating your children? Yikes, Pretty creepy, nor scripturally taught.
at least not in your congregation maybe, ya, but it's in There ok, for any seeker willing to read

D

Dave L

The son, the human Jesus, did not exist, except prophetically, until incarnation. The Word is not the godhead, just a second person of the Trinity.
The Son is eternal. The human nature has no personality of its own. But came into being and remaining glorified forever.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do you call Me good? No one is good except one, that is God

and a pox on those who invite you into worshipping your High Priest
you will never be One like that

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Embracing Judaism makes one a Jew today.

You keep giving MINDful explanations....they are irrelevant in a Spiritual discussion.

Do not agree. It makes them accepting of the Jewish religion. It does not make them "blood" related to Abraham through Abraham's ancestor Shem, or "blood" related to Abrham's descendants, through Isaac.

But in the bible, circumcision did.

No, Gods separating men, and men having heard Gods Word and following it, became the Hebrews, named so after one of their own, and Abraham being the first called Hebrew.
The foreskin circumcision was a TOKEN of the man...
For agreement with Gods Promise/Covenant.

Any not circumcised, blood relatives or not, were cut off, that is, excommunicated to gentile status.

Do not agree. But Guess they had a foreskin inspector wandering around to each clan....I wouldn't know about that.

The separations began with Noah's sons, after the Ark settled on land and Noah's 3 sons spread out to claim their own lands.

It was Noah's son Shem, who most closely remained in Gods Word, as did particulars of his direct descendants.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, then understand that what you are really saying is nothing like what you think you are saying, ok. It's not working for you now bc you are not working it wadr; all of your worst fears are manifesting, apparently? i mean idk ok, but from your own lips this is what i am hearing....

Then, quote me...

your (my supposed) worst fears are manifesting....
From your own lips...

I mean....really, I would like to be clued in on what "my worst fears are supposed to be and how they are manifesting"....supposedly said from my lips...

?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then, quote me...
well, it was the snip that i grabbed, the premise being that the kingdom of heaven is not going to come in the future like you seem to be hoping, and i forget part II but something about not having it right now, right. Today is the day, ok? Ok it still takes a while even after you get that if you are as hardheaded as me i guess, but today is still the day, no reason you cannot be in rapture within several minutes from now. right now even
I mean....really, I would like to be clued in on what "my worst fears are supposed to be and how they are manifesting"....supposedly said from my lips...
what are you lacking right now, if i may ask?
I hope when I'm in Heaven
the kingdom of heaven is within you, and does not come by observation
I hope when I'm in Heaven I can sing
sing God's praises every day, about halfway through Psalms et al. Chap 59? i think
because it is not working for me now
so then, by your own lips, and even your username wadr.

But fwiw i am more inclined these days to encourage you to make that work however you imagine it might, ok; believe that Jesus is going to get the part of you that is currently separate into some place in some future called heaven after you have literally died as hard as you can, and do your very best to make that work, i certainly don't blame you

Last edited:
D

Dave L

You keep giving MINDful explanations....they are irrelevant in a Spiritual discussion.

Do not agree. It makes them accepting of the Jewish religion. It does not make them "blood" related to Abraham through Abraham's ancestor Shem, or "blood" related to Abrham's descendants, through Isaac.

No, Gods separating men, and men having heard Gods Word and following it, became the Hebrews, named so after one of their own, and Abraham being the first called Hebrew.
The foreskin circumcision was a TOKEN of the man...
For agreement with Gods Promise/Covenant.

Do not agree. But Guess they had a foreskin inspector wandering around to each clan....I wouldn't know about that.

The separations began with Noah's sons, after the Ark settled on land and Noah's 3 sons spread out to claim their own lands.

It was Noah's son Shem, who most closely remained in Gods Word, as did particulars of his direct descendants.

Glory to God,
Taken
“And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” (Genesis 17:14)

This means circumcision made one a Jew (religion) and not blood.

D

Dave L

But did not exist before the incarnation.
The trinity is eternally the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But God prepared a body to inhabit in time. The body is now forever the Temple of God united to him in the glorified eternal state.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, it was the snip that i grabbed, the premise being that the kingdom of heaven is not going to come in the future like you seem to be hoping,

Not hoping...expecting....
Evil to be departed from the earth.
And Jesus to reign 1,000 years ON earth,
During a time, "immortals", (his Church) are with Him, and "mortals" still existing and repopulating the earth.

That is a physical "kingdom" on Earth, with a Physical Throne. And Jesus the head of the government of the World.

and i forget part II but something about not having it right now, right.

Where the Power of Christ rules as Paramount, IS His Kingdom.

Spiritually His Spirit IS within me...
The spiritual Kingdom within.
The Earth is physical, mortals are physical...
Also, His Kingdom ON EARTH, shall be physical during the 1,000 years.

Today is the day, ok? Ok it still takes a while even after you get that if you are as hardheaded as me i guess, but today is still the day,

We understand differently. I consider what I can see...the physical....and the spiritual, what I can not yet see.

no reason you cannot be in rapture within several minutes from now. right now even

Absolutely.

what are you lacking right now, if i may ask?

The manifestation of my glorified body.

the kingdom of heaven is within you, and does not come by observation
sing God's praises every day, about halfway through Psalms et al. Chap 59? i think
so then, by your own lips, and even your username wadr.

Yes, I know....but you can not SEE it, nor can I.

But (after) the tribulation...when His Kingdom is Physically On Earth, THEN I shall SEE it...

But fwiw i am more inclined these days to encourage you to make that work however you imagine it might, ok;

I think you misunderstood.

believe that Jesus is going to get the part of you that is currently separate into some place in some future called heaven after you have literally died as hard as you can, and do your very best to make that work, i certainly don't blame you

Should I physically DIE, before He descends to the clouds...

By body will die, be buried, or cremated, or rot in a field....who knows...however it will rot and return to dust.

My living soul will depart out of my body and go to Heaven.....to WAIT, until Jesus does descend to the clouds. There my body will be called up (raptured, redeemed) by Christ Jesus .... and my living soul will descend to the clouds and enter my glorifed body.

Also upon my physical death, my living born again spirit shall go to heaven....and the same, shall descend and re-enter my glorified body.

My spiritual "insides" have already been "restored"....I'm simply waiting for my glorified body.

God Bless,
Taken

D

Dave L

Not hoping...expecting....
Evil to be departed from the earth.
And Jesus to reign 1,000 years ON earth,
During a time, "immortals", (his Church) are with Him, and "mortals" still existing and repopulating the earth.

That is a physical "kingdom" on Earth, with a Physical Throne. And Jesus the head of the government of the World.

The problem with this is flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom. So you end up with Satan deceiving saints in glorified bodies who he causes to attack the rest of the saints in glorified bodies after the 1000 years end.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ah, yes
i came back to say that you now have to unlearn some things that you now hold as ATs,
1 Timothy 6:16 Lexicon: who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

and to suggest a diff interp @ "flesh and blood cannot inherit," which is a dialectic statement
The manifestation of my glorified body.
you reap what you sow
Yes, I know....but you can not SEE it, nor can I.
pluck one eye out and you'll see it just fine ok
But (after) the tribulation...when His Kingdom is Physically On Earth, THEN I shall SEE it...
the tribulation? ok, bam wait for that if you like, but meanwhile imo reflect on "thief in the night" and "denying your birthright" in this context, ok. "THEN I shall SEE it" so you say, but the kingdom does not come by your observation, and obviously in your scenario one would be able to say "look, over here! here it is!" ok?

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinity is eternally the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. But God prepared a body to inhabit in time. The body is now forever the Temple of God united to him in the glorified eternal state.

Verses please for such a huge claim (that is not in the Bible.)

If God created a body, it is not eternal. It had a finite beginning.

As well, you're saying the first person created this second person of the Trinity. The means they are not equally God.

There is no such thing as an eternal temple.

Revelation 21:22 New International Version (NIV)
22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo